Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

It is becoming harder and harder to find a girl with NO TATTOOS.

Old 12-29-2014, 12:20 PM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
Tattooed boner
I really really want an elephant tattooed on me.

depending on my manscape, he'll have an afro and I can even make his trunk extend!
The following users liked this post:
97BlackAckCL (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 12:23 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
That being said..I AM a hiring Manager at my company. I am the Director of Quality Assurance at my company. I have sleeve type tats from my biceps up. Granted, when dressed for work they are not visible...but on casual day everyone sees them hanging out of the bottom of the sleeves on my polo shirt. Have my tats harmed my career? NO. I would hire someone with a body tat if they could perform the assigned tasks associated with their job.

Last edited by 1killercls; 12-29-2014 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-29-2014, 01:07 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by 1Louder
Skin is just skin, whether its a color or has things written on it. Granted you are born with one and you chose the other, my point is neither, by itself, says anything about a person's character. And you are just as guilty of discrimination by denying someone an opportunity based on either.

Surely you realize that in manufacturing (particularly airplanes and cars), many industrial jobs and in the military that tattoos are very common. Most of what you use every day, and those that keep you safe all come from people with tattoos. But I guess they are all unreliable and untrustworthy?
Mixing skin color and tatoos is just plain stupid. If you are dumb enough to believe it that it is the same, then be it.

As for military, learn that the rate of these guys going to jail after their service is much higher than in the civilians, at least double. Don't assume that everybody supports the millitaries ("keep us safe" my ***), but that's another story.

Originally Posted by 1killercls
That being said..I AM a hiring Manager at my company. I am the Director of Quality Assurance at my company.
Well I am a Director of Operations in a manufacturing company (we export 95%) and one of my tasks is hire people equivalent to your position. How do you know that without your little "problem", you wouldn't be working for a much larger company at much better conditions?

Last edited by Saintor; 12-29-2014 at 01:18 PM.
aomechmarine (01-02-2015)
Old 12-29-2014, 01:19 PM

Received 5,885 Likes on 2,900 Posts
^^^Saintor, spreading joy and cheer everywhere he goes this holiday season!

Originally Posted by Saintor
Well I am an insufferable Know-It-All...
Fixed it for you.

Last edited by ttribe; 12-29-2014 at 01:26 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by ttribe:
1killercls (12-29-2014), Sarlacc (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 01:49 PM
GEEZER

Well I am a Director of Operations in a manufacturing company (we export 95%) and one of my tasks is hire people equivalent to your position. How do you know that without your little "problem", you wouldn't be working for a much larger company at much better conditions?
Are you pulling my leg? Or are you really this ignorant?

I am working for a Multi Million Dollar Plastic Injection Mold Maker selling to the largest Medical Companies all over the world...Including the good old USA.

My career path has not always been easy but I cannot remember any time ever when I was DISCRIMINATED AGAINST by such a small minded individual like yourself over my tattoos. ( I am 54 years old btw)

Most folks look at your accomplishments...not your physical appearance. I pity those who work for your shallow obtuse ass.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1killercls:
1Louder (12-29-2014), 97BlackAckCL (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 02:10 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Received 4,414 Likes on 3,024 Posts
I'm still struggling to see the logic behind having tattoos making you less able to do your job...
The following 2 users liked this post by 97BlackAckCL:
1killercls (12-29-2014), Sarlacc (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 02:11 PM
Banned

I am working for a Multi Million Dollar Plastic Injection Mold Maker selling to the largest Medical Companies all over the world...Including the good old USA.

My career path has not always been easy but I cannot remember any time ever when I was DISCRIMINATED AGAINST by such a small minded individual like yourself over my tattoos. ( I am 54 years old btw)

Most folks look at your accomplishments...not your physical appearance. I pity those who work for your shallow obtuse ass.
Here is a cookie for your career. But "Multi Million Dollar" is hardly a big deal these days.

How can you claim "I cannot remember any time ever when I was DISCRIMINATED AGAINST."

Believe me, you would have never known if that was the case or not. Has been there, done that. That's the way it is.

Not to pursue personal cases any further, but in the meanwhile here is something more significant.

Are tattoos negatively stereotyped in the United States? YES:80% NO 20%

Last edited by Saintor; 12-29-2014 at 02:13 PM.
aomechmarine (01-02-2015)
Old 12-29-2014, 02:21 PM

I'm still struggling to see the logic behind having tattoos making you less able to do your job...
There is no logic behind such thinking. It's just Saintor showing how incredibly shallow he is.

<--------Has no tattoos and doesn't want any, but doesn't care if other people do.
The following 3 users liked this post by ttribe:
1killercls (12-29-2014), 97BlackAckCL (12-30-2014), MySoCalLife (12-30-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 02:37 PM
GEEZER

Yep..hes a troll. Im done.
Old 12-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarlacc
I bet Saintor's daughter has a tramp stamp.
His mother has one..
The following 3 users liked this post by Majofo:
1killercls (12-29-2014), 97BlackAckCL (12-30-2014), Sarlacc (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 03:58 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,825 Likes on 2,572 Posts
No. He's just French...
1killercls (12-30-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 04:04 PM
Old Man Yelling at Clouds

Received 7,362 Likes on 3,906 Posts
Mixing skin color and tatoos is just plain stupid. If you are dumb enough to believe it that it is the same, then be it.
The only stupid thing going on here is how you can miss my point so completely.

As for military, learn that the rate of these guys going to jail after their service is much higher than in the civilians, at least double. Don't assume that everybody supports the millitaries ("keep us safe" my ***), but that's another story.
I tried a dozen ways to respond to this and I can't. The sheer idiocy of your post simply cannot be overcome.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:09 PM

There is no logic. Just one man who is completely blind to his own bigotry.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:10 PM
Banned

The only stupid thing going on here is how you can miss my point so completely.

I tried a dozen ways to respond to this and I can't. The sheer idiocy of your post simply cannot be overcome.
Oh no.

I heard you and your fallacious arguments.

Now thanks to you, I remember clearly why I don't want to hire tatooed people, much less in a senior management position.
Old 12-29-2014, 04:19 PM

Oh no.

Now thanks to you, I remember clearly why I don't want to hire tatooed people, much less in a senior management position.

<----- no tats, but generally thinks people who do are more interesting.
The following 2 users liked this post by 1Louder:
1killercls (12-30-2014), d1sturb3d119 (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 04:40 PM

Please, Saintor, explain to us how your decision to not hire individuals with tattoos is considered under the Canadian "Bona Fide Occupational Requirements" for a manufacturing environment.

Also, please outline for the audience how it is you go about checking for the presence or absence of tattoos which might not otherwise be visible without a "thorough" body inspection. You wouldn't, after all, want to allow a "damaged" employee into the organization who just happened to "hide" their tattoo evidence.

Last edited by ttribe; 12-29-2014 at 04:48 PM.
1killercls (12-30-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 04:51 PM

Tattoos No Longer A Kiss Of Death In The Workplace

“Now you’re never going to get a job!” Almost everyone in the 14% pool of tattooed Americans has heard something like this from a relative or friend. But as the number of inked Americans grows, is the traditional assumption that tattoos and jobs don’t mix really true in 2013?

Workplace tattoo policies vary among and within industries. But with many contemporary companies stressing commitments to diversity and inclusion, tattoos are becoming increasingly unproblematic across the board. Lax tattoo policies for blue-collar and art-related jobs aren’t shocking, but the increasingly tolerant outlook of frontrunners in corporate, educational and medical industries are more surprising.

As consulting firm CEO John Challenger explained, most employers today would agree that a person’s appearance is nowhere near as important as his or her professional skills. “Even in this tight job market, most companies aren’t going to view tattoos too harshly. Companies have a vested interest in hiring the most qualified candidate.”

According to Bank of America Spokeswoman Ferris Morrison, the company has no restrictions when it comes to inked corporate employees. “We have no formal policy about tattoos because we value our differences and recognize that diversity and inclusion are good for our business and make our company stronger,” she said.

This attitude is not uncommon in contemporary corporate environments. Having large, colorful and highly visible lilac tattoos inked across her upper chest didn’t stop Courtney Pecola from landing a job as vice president of Philadelphia’s ZB Sports, a sporting goods retailer, in 2004. “If I’d passed on her because of her tattoos, I’d be out one phenomenal employee,” Pecola’s hirer commented.

Still, tattoo policies vary from one office to another, the counter argument being that tattoos – like unconventional hairdos or bold garments – can distract coworkers and clients. “Depending on if they are visible or offensive in nature, tattoos can have an impact on professionalism,” Mark Brenner, senior vice president of external affairs at Apollo Group said.

Tattoo policies for positions in academia differ as well, depending on the institution’s mission. Bruce Potts, professor at The University of New Mexico, sports a full tribal tattoo on his face. “I haven’t had trouble getting a job because success is all about how one presents him or herself, and doesn’t solely depend on appearance,” he explained.

But UNM’s acceptance of Potts’ atypical appearance is not necessarily representative of all employers. Especially when it comes to younger children, institutions and camps are more concerned with the message that a leader’s appearance may be sending. John Beitner, director of L.A.’s Tumbleweed Day Camp, felt pressure from parents to employ more “appropriate looking role models” after his camp saw a 15% increase in tattooed counselors over the past decade. Beitner decided to tackle the issue on a case-by-case basis, evaluating levels of offensiveness for individual tattoos. He commented that a no-tattoo policy would mean losing excellent candidates.

In the medical field, having a tattoo does not impede a person’s chance at landing a position, but rules about covering them tend to be more stringent. Most facilities require a certain level of concealment during work hours because demonstrating the utmost external professionalism is key to gaining patients’ trust.

According to the UCLA Health System policy: “Any tattoo that may be considered offensive by patients or visitors must be covered by clothing, a band-aid or make-up.” The Cleveland Clinic has a similar policy: “Tattoos must be covered during working hours to ensure a consistent professional appearance while working.”

Mayo Clinic Spokesman Bryan Anderson stated, “Mayo Clinic has long recognized the importance of presenting a professional image to our patients. Under our policy, employees are asked to cover tattoos or other body art.”

So, while workplace concealment policies differ, having a tattoo in 2013 certainly doesn’t ruin one’s chance at having a successful career. Still, a 2011 study by CareerBuilder shows that 31% of surveyed employers ranked “having a visible tattoo” as the top personal attribute that would dissuade them from promoting an employee. Although companies across many fields are increasingly focused on diversity and inclusion, tattoo flaunting is still probably best reserved for post-work hours.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/rachelhe...too-and-a-job/

But what does Forbes know......

Old 12-29-2014, 05:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ttribe
Please, Saintor, explain to us how your decision to not hire individuals with tattoos is considered under the Canadian "Bona Fide Occupational Requirements" for a manufacturing environment.

Also, please outline for the audience how it is you go about checking for the presence or absence of tattoos which might not otherwise be visible without a "thorough" body inspection. You wouldn't, after all, want to allow a "damaged" employee into the organization who just happened to "hide" their tattoo evidence.
Well you are a Chuhuahua forcing desperately your way in this conversation, and I don't answer to Chuhuahuas forcing desperately their way in a conversation.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:14 PM
Banned

Wanna bet that the author is tatooed?

... of course.
Old 12-29-2014, 05:48 PM

Well you are a Chuhuahua forcing desperately your way in this conversation, and I don't answer to Chuhuahuas forcing desperately their way in a conversation.
In other words, you can't answer. Thanks for that.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:00 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Jesus fucken tap dancing Christ, as if your arguments aren't fallacious enough.

You took your personal experience with people who have tattoos

My experience with those persons is that they are more emotional, to the point of hurting their best judgement and making stupid stuff.
And used that to apply it to all who have tattoos

Tatoos are an indicator of brain damage (or lack of judgement).
Fallacy of composition paired with anecdotal fallacy.
The following 2 users liked this post by mdkxtreme:
97BlackAckCL (12-30-2014), ttribe (12-29-2014)
Old 12-29-2014, 07:32 PM

Wanna bet that the author is tatooed?

... of course.
Proof? You probably didn't even look up the author, so I'll give you a hand.

Rachel Hennessy. Pretty clear view of arms and shoulders. If she has one hidden, you wouldn't know about it if you were interviewing her.

Old 12-29-2014, 09:20 PM
Chapter Leader (Southern Region)

Received 11,841 Likes on 8,573 Posts
Whiskers tattooed her ass
Old 12-30-2014, 07:21 AM
Instructor

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I'd like to find her tattoos
97BlackAckCL (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Originally Posted by ttribe
<--------Has no tattoos and doesn't want any, but doesn't care if other people do.
ditto...

Yep..hes a troll. Im done.
Old 12-30-2014, 08:23 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

The following 2 users liked this post by 97BlackAckCL:
1killercls (12-30-2014), MySoCalLife (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 09:03 AM
GEEZER

Hello and welcome to Saintor Mfg. Company. Your interview today will be long and very complete. But before that could you please disrobe? We want to make sure you don't have any tattoos.

What a fucking tool you are.
The following 3 users liked this post by 1killercls:
97BlackAckCL (12-30-2014), aomechmarine (01-02-2015), Sarlacc (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 09:04 AM
GEEZER

Old 12-30-2014, 09:33 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Hello and welcome to Saintor Mfg. Company. Your interview today will be long and very complete. But before that could you please disrobe? We want to make sure you don't have any tattoos.
photo_zps6ca338c7.jpg
#1 STUNNA (12-31-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 01:45 PM
Banned

What a fucking tool you are.
Don't you worry. Even if you don't show it now, your damaged brain will eventually catch up with your tatoo (soon or later) and you'll be in trouble again.

Kudos to institutions in the article above who think of tatoos as 'unprofessional'. Very much so.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:03 PM

Don't you worry. Even if you don't show it now, your damaged brain will eventually catch up with your tatoo (soon or later) and you'll be in trouble again.

Kudos to institutions in the article above who think of tatoos as 'unprofessional'. Very much so.
You know, you never really commented on my original scenario.

So my friend, a mother of three, gets a tattoo of the footprints of the child she lost at childbirth, in memory of her. Is she stupid and brain damaged? Someone you would never hire?
1killercls (12-30-2014), 97BlackAckCL (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 02:11 PM
GEEZER

"damaged brain"... Yea...thats how I became a Director of Quality Assurance. (For the Second Time in my career..and yes..I moved by choice...was actually pursued by the company I work for now).

If there is anyone with brain damage here it is you.
Where dropped on your head as a child???
Old 12-30-2014, 02:16 PM
Safety Car

Received 377 Likes on 234 Posts
...I don't answer to Chuhuahuas forcing desperately their way in a conversation.
You go bro!

Border Collies can keep the conversation headed in the right direction, Basenjis listen well, and hey, you can at least talk to a Shih Tzu.

But those Chihuahuas are much too dogmatic.
The following 2 users liked this post by XLR8R:
1killercls (12-30-2014), ttribe (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 02:24 PM
GEEZER

But those Chihuahuas are much too dogmatic.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

Old 12-30-2014, 02:44 PM
Banned

Someone you would never hire?
Most definitely.

I couldn't care less if it is a baby print or a dinosaur's fossil.

See how you took a situation, built on it in a futile attempt to create a stir, and finally made it more complicated than it is supposed to be? That's what tatoo-ed persons do. It is always more complicated with you, guys.

My life is simpler than that, thank you.
Old 12-30-2014, 02:46 PM
GEEZER

AZ never fails to shock me at least once or twice a year.
1Louder (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 03:04 PM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

AZ never fails to shock me at least once or twice a year.
That's only because you have tattoos
1killercls (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 03:12 PM

Most definitely.

See how you took a situation, built on it in a futile attempt to create a stir, and finally made it more complicated than it is supposed to be? That's what tatoo-ed persons do. It is always more complicated with you, guys.

Your nonsense is becoming the gift that doesn't stop giving.
1killercls (12-30-2014)
Old 12-30-2014, 03:22 PM

Most definitely.

I wasn't attempting to create a stir at all. I really just wanted to gauge the tragic depth of your prejudice. You've answered my question.

The irony is that no one in America would hire you with that attitude regardless of your ability. If you were caught doing that here you'd be fired immediately, and probably sued. Rightfully so. I've no idea who in Canada would be willing to put up with your attitude.
1killercls (12-30-2014), ttribe (12-30-2014)

Quick Reply: It is becoming harder and harder to find a girl with NO TATTOOS.