Dating & Relationships Love sucks. Now you can cry about it…

Am I just old fashioned?

Old 08-17-2005 | 10:48 AM
Instructor

Am I just old fashioned?

I recently rejoined this forum and the more thread/postings I read the more disturbed I get. All the guys on here posting about their cheating escapades and their late night romps with strange girls from bars/off the streets really start to discourage a gal from going back to the dating world with any ounce of faith in any guy that comes her way. And the ones who didn't participate in these acts just give advice about going back for more and cheer them on.

Am I the only person on this forum that believes that if you are in a serious relationship, it means you are committed to that ONE person?

And what is up with the picking up girls off the street in your cars? I like my CL and it's nice, but its a freaking ENTRY-LEVEL luxury coupe. Girls do not fantasize about getting picked up on by someone who drives a discontinued Acura. And even if you did drive a nice car- guys who think they can bang a chick cuz of their cool ride are just pathetic. In my opinion guys like that feel like they have to compensate in other ways to make-up for the "short-comings" that they otherwise can't do anything about.

This is not a religious person here- I'm no Jesus freak. I just have some morals and values.

Am I the only one out here that feels this way? Is there anyone out there that can give this gal SOME hope????
Old 08-17-2005 | 10:51 AM
Burning Brakes

sure. find the right one.

Most men are assholes and most women are pschobitches. Unfortunately that fact cannot be understated.

But then again most grow out of that stage later in life.
Old 08-17-2005 | 10:51 AM
Suzuka Master

I am an older member here and believe in long term/monogamous relationship and being honest....

Didn't help in my last relationship but I will rerain my values.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:01 AM
Masshole

You can't base your opinions on what you read on this message board.

For example, I have been with my gf for almost 4 years now, and have never cheated on her.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:04 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

I dont remember any threads about cheating recently Then again I tend to stay away from the D&R section.

The thread about picking up chicks in the CL was just sillines. But young guys are silly.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by TaroCake
Am I the only person on this forum that believes that if you are in a serious relationship, it means you are committed to that ONE person?

You are not the ONLY person.

#1. Pay attention to the age of the individual who is posting...
#2. Do not believe everything you read on the internet. 50% of it is bullshit.
#3. You have not found the right person yet.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:17 AM
Rebuilder

agreed .. you are 28 .. most of the people (from what i gather) are late teens here. so thier view/morals arent really where yours are. Now personally i look at things the sam way you do and have my whole relationship life.

most girls go for the asshole player guys, so thats why most guys act like that. seems like you're the 'nice guy' in society which boils down to having morals and values.

different views for different people i guess.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:17 AM
Not Asian

Chill Padre. First, there was only one thread that speaks of cheating (recently, that I know of). Second, the thread about the nice-car-pick-up-chicks thread discussed how he saw another car (Land Rover) pick up a chick. Not his.

Also, with just the sheer number of people that now belong to this forum, you are going to get a little bit of everything.

Last edited by phipark; 08-17-2005 at 11:21 AM.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:25 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by fdl
I dont remember any threads about cheating recently Then again I tend to stay away from the D&R section.

The thread about picking up chicks in the CL was just sillines. But young guys are silly.

Thread by Ashburner - Need help fast.

Need help fast? As if it was a life vs. death matter. And all the guys that posted on that thread was giving him advice on how to cheat on his girl that he's "kinda" with. Then y'all made him feel better by trying to justify how it was okay for him to have made out with her.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Also, you'll find that what you get is the reality of the meat market dating world. That's why most of us get sick and tired of the bar scene and move on looking for serious relationships around my age. Most kids 21-25 are still partying it up. You are 28 which is just about the time I see many of my female friends who are ex-partiers try to get serious.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:29 AM
Instructor

[QUOTE=griff43081]

most girls go for the asshole player guys, so thats why most guys act like that. seems like you're the 'nice guy' in society which boils down to having morals and values. QUOTE]

Imma gurL!
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:29 AM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Smitty

#1. Pay attention to the age of the individual who is posting...
#2. Do not believe everything you read on the internet. 50% of it is bullshit.
Big on 1 and 2.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:30 AM
Burning Brakes

Thread by Ashburner - Need help fast.

Need help fast? As if it was a life vs. death matter. And all the guys that posted on that thread was giving him advice on how to cheat on his girl that he's "kinda" with. Then y'all made him feel better by trying to justify how it was okay for him to have made out with her.
That's not his girlfriend. It's a girl that he knocked up and keep contact with for his kid. That's the reality of today's pre-marital sex world. It's an unfortunate situation that ALL guys dread but something he's gotta face. And he's not cheating on her because there is no mutual expectation of a relationship from what he's said about it.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:33 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
That's not his girlfriend. It's a girl that he knocked up and keep contact with for his kid. That's the reality of today's pre-marital sex world. It's an unfortunate situation that ALL guys dread but something he's gotta face. And he's not cheating on her because there is no mutual expectation of a relationship from what he's said about it.

Oh I'm sorry. It's not his GF. He just had a kid with her and lives with her.
Not Asian

If anybody comes on the internet, to a forum, to search for relationship advice, he/she is most likely doomed. We, members, probably, just say such stuff for our amusement. It's almost fake for us. We can live in somebody else's shoes and not live the consequences.

Well, at least, that's how I feel. Maybe I shouldn't answer for others.
Homeless

It's the interweb................

Remember the rules of three apply here too...

Which means out of every 3 posts made by a 'playa'...only 1/3rd of .003% are actually true.

Remember...why would a pimp be posting on a message board, etc... It's just the entertainment value that keeps us all glued...
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:36 AM
Homeless

And please don't diss the car as an 'entry-level' coupe...it's no mercedes, but it's not an RSX either...don't hate because of some immature comments made by a few morons.

Not that I give a shit, of course.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:43 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by chef chris
And please don't diss the car as an 'entry-level' coupe...it's no mercedes, but it's not an RSX either...don't hate because of some immature comments made by a few morons.

Not that I give a shit, of course.

It IS an entry level luxury car. That's not a diss. I like my car - but it sure ain't a BMW/Benz.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:45 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by phipark
If anybody comes on the internet, to a forum, to search for relationship advice, he/she is most likely doomed. We, members, probably, just say such stuff for our amusement. It's almost fake for us. We can live in somebody else's shoes and not live the consequences.

Well, at least, that's how I feel. Maybe I shouldn't answer for others.

Strangely enough this is slightly comforting.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:47 AM
Homeless

I like my car - but it sure ain't a BMW/Benz.
You get what you pay for...the only BMW you can get in for $30K is a 3 series & that ain't no luxury-sport-anything...not a good comparison, IMHO.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:50 AM
Instructor

You get what you pay for...the only BMW you can get in for $30K is a 3 series & that ain't no luxury-sport-anything...not a good comparison, IMHO.

That is my point- that it is an entry level luxury car. Someone else said I was dissing it but I'm not.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:55 AM
Suzuka Master

i've been married for 3 years, and dated my wife for 6 prior to marriage. the only time i've cheated on her was with my right hand...which i will admit has been more than need be.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Oh I'm sorry. It's not his GF. He just had a kid with her and lives with her.
He already said that he doesn't live with her. I've got a friend that has a child with he ex-gf and he's always in the process of getting back together and breaking up with. Don't be so judgemental as to the mess people get themselves into in life and are doing their best to get through. While you stand on your moral highground, the reality is a lot messier.
Old 08-17-2005 | 11:57 AM
Homeless

That is my point- that it is an entry level luxury car. Someone else said I was dissing it but I'm not.
Well, glad to see you stick around anyhow...feel free to bust some chops here & there.

Just watch out for the from the youngins...
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:01 PM
Senior Moderator

There are still some of us how still believe in chivalry and courtly love.... Even some of the younger guys on here...

And yes, we are probably old fashioned
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:21 PM
Rebuilder

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
There are still some of us how still believe in chivalry and courtly love.... Even some of the younger guys on here...

werd ... hell before i started going with my current gf, she was pissed b/c i was 'going too slow' cause i would stay over or we''d watch movies and i would fool around that much.

goooo old fashioned!

Imma gurL!
oops my bad
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:22 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

i guess i'm old fashioned then too.

you know what tho, i think life is better this way
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:23 PM
Not Asian

Strangely enough this is slightly comforting.
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SDCGTSX
He already said that he doesn't live with her. I've got a friend that has a child with he ex-gf and he's always in the process of getting back together and breaking up with. Don't be so judgemental as to the mess people get themselves into in life and are doing their best to get through. While you stand on your moral highground, the reality is a lot messier.

Trying to figure out a way to justify his lust over some hot chick and possibly hooking up with her - instead of being a man and taking responsibility for his actions (having a baby and staying with the mother of his child) is doing his best to get through?

If that is being judgemental then so be it.
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:36 PM
Homeless

TaroCake...here's a good thread for you.

https://acurazine.com/forums/dating-relationships-14/appreciate-your-significant-other-thread-313391/
Old 08-17-2005 | 12:59 PM
Instructor

TaroCake...here's a good thread for you.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313391

Yeah... I saw it.
Old 08-17-2005 | 01:13 PM
Instructor

Lol. Now there is this one:

https://acurazine.com/forums/dating-relationships-14/do-you-get-tire-your-girlfriend-316116/

:sigh:
Old 08-17-2005 | 01:21 PM
werd

Look, since you're being judgemental, just find guys you like, and who cares what other guys are into. Obviously if you're looking for a guy with certain qualities, you won't hookup with a guy who doesn't possess them. So, whatever. What's the point of this thread? You're obviously not the only one with similar ideals, morals or value (whatever you want to call them). If the hijinks in here really bother you, ignore them. You're not going to change the whole Internet, much less Acurazine's D&R.
Old 08-17-2005 | 01:41 PM
Masshole

I think you meant to say "old".

:killer:
Old 08-17-2005 | 01:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by amisconception
Look, since you're being judgemental, just find guys you like, and who cares what other guys are into. Obviously if you're looking for a guy with certain qualities, you won't hookup with a guy who doesn't possess them. So, whatever. What's the point of this thread? You're obviously not the only one with similar ideals, morals or value (whatever you want to call them). If the hijinks in here really bother you, ignore them. You're not going to change the whole Internet, much less Acurazine's D&R.

Do I really need to explain again why this thread was started? It is all in my initial post and everyone else's postings.

Of course I am going to find a guy that I like. What bothered me was what a lot of what these guys were posting on - that they were going behind their girl's back and the advice given. I understand that it is due to a maturity level that has not been reached by the majority of them.

If you don't see the point in this thread then maybe you should take your own advice and ignore this thread yourself.
Old 08-17-2005 | 02:04 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

TaroCake...I don't know where to begin, but I'll start somewhere:

First of all, what's so great about BMW and MB? Of course the CL isn't one, but NEITHER is the 3 series a luxury car. It is still entry level luxury! So you're generalizing ALL BMW's as luxury, just because it's a BMW. That's . The RL is an Acura, and it is a true luxury car.

Secondly, I'm an old fashioned guy too in some respects. I like my sex to be within the context of a relationship, and I won't cheat on my bf. 95% of the guys here aren't cheaters either on their gf's if they're in a relationship, so cool it, okay? Please descend from your podium of self-superiority.

Third, just because Ashburner knocked up a girl (it's as much HER fault as his!), doesn't mean they should be together! They are not compatible. He's supporting that child, and that's all that matters. Why should that preclude him from EVER having another relationship? It's not healthy to stay in a bad relationship, period.

Finally, there are good guys out there. Go find one. You're a big girl, you should be smart enough by now to figure out whether a guy just wants sex or wants to be in it for the long haul.
Old 08-17-2005 | 02:06 PM
Banned

Do I really need to explain again why this thread was started? It is all in my initial post and everyone else's postings.
and you arent?

Its obvious that you havent been here long enough to realize that these threads shouldnt be taken seriously.
Old 08-17-2005 | 02:07 PM

Well, glad to see you stick around anyhow...feel free to bust some chops here & there.

Just watch out for the from the youngins...
Old 08-17-2005 | 02:10 PM
Suzuka Master

I'm surprised no one's asked for pics yet. But I must say, there are good guys out there, you just gotta find them. And like someone else said, you're old ahem mature enough to know who just wants ass and who wants a real relationship.
Old 08-17-2005 | 02:10 PM

but that doesnt get you very far these days i think

Quick Reply: Am I just old fashioned?