Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

XO, XSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC: Elden Ring

Old 12-13-2022, 08:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,314 Likes on 967 Posts
Yeah I forgot that I had found it. One of those "Things I missed" videos alerted me to it. I think I completed the Volcano Manor list as I defeated the dude in the Snowfields and got the talisman that heals you after you kill an enemy. Shit I forgot to go back to Mohg's room. So many secrets man.
The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (12-13-2022)
Old 12-13-2022, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,916 Likes on 14,037 Posts
K. The area behind Mohg's throne room is a platforming nightmare...just be ready. There is no boss per se but advances a sub-storyline if you care for it. I never did get the ending for this scenario though and after reading up on it, found out it's a bad ending. Still, at least you know of a spot to go exploring if you are motivated -- just remember my warning -- you better be good at leaps and jumps.

Doom878 (12-13-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 08:40 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Yumcha
K. The area behind Mohg's throne room is a platforming nightmare...just be ready. There is no boss per se but advances a sub-storyline if you care for it. I never did get the ending for this scenario though and after reading up on it, found out it's a bad ending. Still, at least you know of a spot to go exploring if you are motivated -- just remember my warning -- you better be good at leaps and jumps.
OMG I did it last night. Holy cancer so frustrating I missed the treasure too but I don't think it's worth it.
Yumcha (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 09:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Doom878
OMG I did it last night. Holy cancer so frustrating I missed the treasure too but I don't think it's worth it.

Well, you got the Grace site at the bottom at least. Yeah, I think it took me many MANY tries. Congrats for perservering!

In regards to treasure, I remember that it takes work to get...the tents need to be shattered by the enemies which was another frustrating facet -- I think this is why there is no boss here...just getting the loot and the jumps are 'boss' enough. But, the loot is the merchant armor and some cookbook. Anyways, if you feel they are worth your while, at least you now know what to do. The good news is that the treasure requires no jumping as you can access both the spots where they are located without a leap of faith.

Didn't game the last couple of evenings as the wife wanted to watch Wednesday. I may play more tonight. Gotta go exploring in Caelid. I forgot where the other half of the medallion is to activate the lift and I just remember I got it in Caelid...somewhere.

Old 12-14-2022, 02:02 PM
Team Owner

Yeah my gf had work stuff to do so I was able to squeeze in some time. Poor girl had to hear my rants on this level
Yumcha (12-14-2022)
Old 12-14-2022, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Yeah my gf had work stuff to do so I was able to squeeze in some time. Poor girl had to hear my rants on this level
I do rants of frustration and also shouts of jubilation with this game. Quite often...My wife has said, as she's sometimes next to me watching her shows on the tablet, "You are such a loser, you know that?"

Doom878 (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 09:20 AM
Team Owner

I told my girlfriend that this is one of the few times you will see me be competitive. That or playing soccer as that's the only sport I play regularly. I get serious
Yumcha (12-15-2022)
Old 12-15-2022, 09:32 AM
Senior Moderator

Continued onwards in Caelid yesterday...just adding more sites of Grace to my map. Nothing new discovered so far. I am not fully finished Liurna but I can't get to the upper plateaus yet so need to advance Ranni's storyline anyways.

I did take out a rotten-breathing dragon in 2 tries...despite my character's strength, still not invincible and well, being doused an entire round of Rotten Breath would kill anyone. Oops.
Old 12-15-2022, 09:34 AM
Senior Moderator

Also starting to consider which weaponry I want to level up next now that I'm accumulating smithing stones again. I could also max out another Moonveil and have double maxed Moonveils?

Hmm...options.
Old 12-15-2022, 10:11 AM
Senior Moderator

My current armanent is the Blasphemous Sword with the Silver Mirrorshield. I can toggle out the large sword with the Moonveil or magic staff to cast a Glintstone spell. The shield arm's toggles are Malenia's katana and Dragon Communion Seal. Would prefer a bigger shield but given what I'm hauling and the armor equipped, the smaller one is all I can carry.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:21 AM
Team Owner

Continued onwards in Caelid yesterday...just adding more sites of Grace to my map. Nothing new discovered so far. I am not fully finished Liurna but I can't get to the upper plateaus yet so need to advance Ranni's storyline anyways.

I did take out a rotten-breathing dragon in 2 tries...despite my character's strength, still not invincible and well, being doused an entire round of Rotten Breath would kill anyone. Oops.
Going in blind I've missed many storylines including this one. I didn't see the NPC in the Frenzied Cave also since I didn't forward that questline. IDK is that hers?

Speaking of Blasphemous Sword, I did get it up to +9 and man this thing is strong. It's still pretty heavy but not as big or long as my Executioner's Axe. Faced a few bosses over the weekend and some were tough.

Back to back Godskins woof. I think I'll have to face these two at the same time soon though.

This bird was fucking tough. Lots of complaints that he's very overpowered. This one took a lot of tries.

I got help since he got help. His foot attack is STRONG. It one-shot me many times (prob 75% of my health). I forgot what level Oleg is but he is a tank taking damage.
Yumcha (12-19-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 09:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Going in blind I've missed many storylines including this one. I didn't see the NPC in the Frenzied Cave also since I didn't forward that questline. IDK is that hers?

Speaking of Blasphemous Sword, I did get it up to +9 and man this thing is strong. It's still pretty heavy but not as big or long as my Executioner's Axe. Faced a few bosses over the weekend and some were tough.

https://youtu.be/PETA5TJeNg8

Back to back Godskins woof. I think I'll have to face these two at the same time soon though.

This bird was fucking tough. Lots of complaints that he's very overpowered. This one took a lot of tries.

https://youtu.be/Jz1XuGW-OlM

https://youtu.be/HGkwWvINEgc

I got help since he got help. His foot attack is STRONG. It one-shot me many times (prob 75% of my health). I forgot what level Oleg is but he is a tank taking damage.
Okay...let me try to answer/comment some of the items in here:

Firstly, congrats!

Glad you are using the Blasphemous Sword...and having watched all your videos, I do want to say 2 things: 1) USE THE ALTERNATE ATTACK! It is incredibly powerful and once your guy starts his animation to activate it, it is unstoppable AND will recover health when it connects. It's insanity. So, while you did awesome in those 3 boss fights, you had opportunities to use the alternate attack (2-hand it and press L1). Try it and you'll know what I mean.

I found Niall to be a fun fight because of how he's designed. Same as the other general, O'Niell in Caelid. I want to assume they are related. And yeah, the Godskins are um, coming up...be ready.

In regards to getting the NPC to show up in the bottom of the Frenzied tomb, you need to advance Hyeta's story. She needs to be given those grapes she keeps asking for. If you have not found her initially, she should be in Liurna mostly right now...just give her the grapes you have in your inventory.

And yeah, that Death Bird am the suck. Luckily in NG+, if you continue to build your character and advance the skills the Blasphemous Sword requires (and use its alternate attack as part of your offense), it will die quickly. Yeah, the sword is that good.

Old 12-19-2022, 09:41 AM
Senior Moderator

I did some minor gaming this weekend and took care of General Radahn. Completed the cave near his battlefield and actually took on all the ghostly warriors righting to milk Runes. Though, I did die a few times after getting overwhelmed...oops.

I was able to unlock the blood stage (farming area in particular) as I was able to activate the Grand Lift and got to the one spot (invaded an NPC) needed to advance the Varre quest. So, despite not really needing to farm and bulk up much anymore, at least I do have that stage available when I advance far enough to take on Malenia who I know will be hard AF in NG+ despite the relative ease I am having so far in general.

Again, Doomie...use the alternate attack of the sword...the health recovery facet makes it just insanity and the fire damage that most enemies are vulnerable to makes it just a weapon that can't be beat.
Old 12-19-2022, 12:32 PM
Team Owner

I did some minor gaming this weekend and took care of General Radahn. Completed the cave near his battlefield and actually took on all the ghostly warriors righting to milk Runes. Though, I did die a few times after getting overwhelmed...oops.

I was able to unlock the blood stage (farming area in particular) as I was able to activate the Grand Lift and got to the one spot (invaded an NPC) needed to advance the Varre quest. So, despite not really needing to farm and bulk up much anymore, at least I do have that stage available when I advance far enough to take on Malenia who I know will be hard AF in NG+ despite the relative ease I am having so far in general.

Again, Doomie...use the alternate attack of the sword...the health recovery facet makes it just insanity and the fire damage that most enemies are vulnerable to makes it just a weapon that can't be beat.
Are you referring to the flame attack? Oh yeah that thing is badass. For the Niall fight, I didn't use it because the summon took most of my FP and I was saving the rest to heal him if needed. For the bird, I had to stay up on his shit and the activation of the move takes too long. For the Godskins, they have way too many long range attacks so I kept it simple. Sometimes I do the attack when I top off my runes for the next level at Dragonbarrow with those spear dudes. Still my fave farming spot. I do love watching those guys fight each other at the cave next to Radahn, but they take way too long to kill each other.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Are you referring to the flame attack? Oh yeah that thing is badass. For the Niall fight, I didn't use it because the summon took most of my FP and I was saving the rest to heal him if needed. For the bird, I had to stay up on his shit and the activation of the move takes too long. For the Godskins, they have way too many long range attacks so I kept it simple. Sometimes I do the attack when I top off my runes for the next level at Dragonbarrow with those spear dudes. Still my fave farming spot. I do love watching those guys fight each other at the cave next to Radahn, but they take way too long to kill each other.
Yes, the slam the sword does that sends a stream of fire/rocks towards the monster on the ground. It's great. The range is better than you think and also, if you have targeting on, you will more often than not connect.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:28 PM
Senior Moderator

And yeah, my potion distribution is 8 for magic replenishing and 6 for health. So, I have way more to replenish to use MP I guess...you are still a ways off to finding the rest of the Golden Seeds.
Old 12-21-2022, 09:08 AM
Team Owner

Yes, the slam the sword does that sends a stream of fire/rocks towards the monster on the ground. It's great. The range is better than you think and also, if you have targeting on, you will more often than not connect.
So I fought the Erdtree guardian in the Snowfields. This is the one that clones himself. What's great is both take damage at the same time so I did this move and hit both and knocked off a whopping 3,100 HP. Dude(s) didn't stand a chance. I also did the Tomb level where you have to kill the dark Giant to open the Boss Door. What a tough level just to fight an underwhelming boss. This level has those imps that are super quick and stronger than ever, the watchdogs with a sword that look like cats and are fucking tough, the flame dudes that are tanks including the bigger flame dude, and the giant of course.
Yumcha (12-21-2022)
Old 12-21-2022, 10:44 AM
Senior Moderator

So I fought the Erdtree guardian in the Snowfields. This is the one that clones himself. What's great is both take damage at the same time so I did this move and hit both and knocked off a whopping 3,100 HP. Dude(s) didn't stand a chance. I also did the Tomb level where you have to kill the dark Giant to open the Boss Door. What a tough level just to fight an underwhelming boss. This level has those imps that are super quick and stronger than ever, the watchdogs with a sword that look like cats and are fucking tough, the flame dudes that are tanks including the bigger flame dude, and the giant of course.
Nice! Yeah, the sword is just too good to not use. Glad it's helping you -- and why not given how the deck is stacked against you anyways, righht?

You'll laugh but yeah, to me, those mechanical Watchdog things are probably the hardest enemies in the field...used to be up there with those weird deathbirds but, now, worse to me because those birds are vulnerable to the flame attack from the Blasphemous Sword but the Watchdog, not as much. And I can't stagger them either. I have yet to use major bludgeoning weapon though so, I'll try a maxed Hammer (I forget the name but it has rot attributes) next time.

Per your post awhile back, I am now clearing out Radahn's castle again after his defeat. And yeah, the doors open and there are more enemies here.
Old 12-22-2022, 08:31 AM
Team Owner

Speaking of hated enemies, you'll like this one

Yumcha (12-22-2022)
Old 12-22-2022, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

Check it later. Thanks!

Old 12-27-2022, 03:09 PM
Team Owner

Ughhhhh stuck on Maliketh. So fucking cheap and frustrating. And yes I'm using my Ashes. I'll post a full update tomorrow. I'm already leveling up vigor like crazy.
Old 12-27-2022, 09:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Ughhhhh stuck on Maliketh. So fucking cheap and frustrating. And yes I'm using my Ashes. I'll post a full update tomorrow. I'm already leveling up vigor like crazy.
Oh...yeah, he's hard. I found the damn Tree Sentinel before him actually, worse, though.

It took me a few tries but here are some tips for you -- though, our builds are different:

- If the Blasphemous Sword is your primary weapon, then before you enter his doorway, I used "Flame, Grant Me Strength" to boost my fire attacks
- I also cast "Golden Vow" and "Blessing of Erdtree" (before entering)
- My summon was Mimic
- I remember his initial attack is rushing you right at the entrance, avoid him, and spring for the pillars
- Use that as your barrier and as he's focused on your Mimic, use the 2-handed attack with the blade

Hope that helps!
Doom878 (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 10:05 AM
Team Owner

Funny, I actually used your strategy somewhat as you will see below. I went from getting curb stomped to beating the shit out of him. The RNG Gods smiled on me. Plus I upped my Vigor by 5 levels. I used the axe for the staggering. I think that was the first time I actually standard his second form. Gotta love how me and the mimic gangbanged him at the end. This one felt good. I tried Placidusax a few times and sheesh. The dragons in CFA weren't too terrible once you learned their moves but fuck Plax and his unlimited teleport move. Speaking of CFA what a well designed level. Between the art style and the design of the world with the huge tornado in the middle, it was such an impressive looking level. Pretty fair amount of villains too that weren't tanks like in the Forbidden Lands.

Here is the Fire Giant which wasn't terrible. Don't ask why I used the firey Blasphemous Sword instead of my axe. Like I said, he wasn't a problem

So the first time I fought the Godskins below, I thought I was done after I killed Fatboy. To my surprise, Mr. Stretchy resurrects and I was out of flasks Very tough fight and some luck on my side.

Yumcha (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 10:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Yeah, now that I've reset the world after my shenanigans in CFA, I'll be tying up some loose ends that I think I have to do. Have a few NPCs to find (or kill) and see what parts of the map I have not fully explored. I will use the opportunity to level up a bit too since well, why not.

Your build is so wildly brute-strength that I think maybe you don't need the elemental buffs I do. Abeit, because the Blasphemous Sword is magical by nature, you'd need Somber smithing stones...so, you won't eat into the pile you're using for your mega-axe. Anyways, you have time to think it over if you have not done VM anyways but the sword is fun.

I slaughtered the dragon last night. Booya. First try in re-engaging it after it had wiped the floor with me a few times the night prior. In preparation, I did arm myself with the lightning protection talisman as this beast was all about the red-lightning strikes. And also, went a bit crazy on the protection spells before the fight...before phase 2, I also drank my potion that basically nullified damage which comes from his airstrike slash...yeah, that did the trick too.

Oh yeah, that dragon. This is what I wrote when I fought it...and it was not easy either. Have to say the final sprint of mega-bosses from Maliketh, Malenia, to the Dragon Ball Z dragon...yeah...all not easy. What got me past it is posted above, @Doom878 .
Old 12-28-2022, 10:31 AM
Team Owner

I'll switch to the lightning talisman from the protection one. I can kind of time the lightning blasts but still a pain in the ass.
Yumcha (12-28-2022)
Old 12-28-2022, 10:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Funny, I actually used your strategy somewhat as you will see below. I went from getting curb stomped to beating the shit out of him. The RNG Gods smiled on me. Plus I upped my Vigor by 5 levels. I used the axe for the staggering. I think that was the first time I actually standard his second form. Gotta love how me and the mimic gangbanged him at the end. This one felt good. I tried Placidusax a few times and sheesh. The dragons in CFA weren't too terrible once you learned their moves but fuck Plax and his unlimited teleport move. Speaking of CFA what a well designed level. Between the art style and the design of the world with the huge tornado in the middle, it was such an impressive looking level. Pretty fair amount of villains too that weren't tanks like in the Forbidden Lands.

https://youtu.be/dSstvjKyW4E

Here is the Fire Giant which wasn't terrible. Don't ask why I used the firey Blasphemous Sword instead of my axe. Like I said, he wasn't a problem

https://youtu.be/-BchwoeW_xU

So the first time I fought the Godskins below, I thought I was done after I killed Fatboy. To my surprise, Mr. Stretchy resurrects and I was out of flasks Very tough fight and some luck on my side.

https://youtu.be/qzUij4iBO3Y

Congrats on getting past Maliketh and the bosses...though, yeah...you did read my mind: WTF were you doing fighting a Fire god with...fire?!?

I want to say I had put on some frost effect on my katana fighting that giant thing but then again, you had no issue. So...Malenia...you going to track her down and establish some dominance, sir?
Old 12-28-2022, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator

I'll switch to the lightning talisman from the protection one. I can kind of time the lightning blasts but still a pain in the ass.
Yeah, ensure you have lightning protection and...save your 1-shot drink that has the buffs for Phase 2. That for me was the game-changer as surviving the second part of the fight was the hard part. I also had Mimic rather than my usual double-sworded summon.

Though, really, all of this hard combat before Malenia really just sharpens you for her. She's the benchmark. You're close to the end, sir.
Old 12-28-2022, 10:41 AM
Senior Moderator

I'm still going through NG+ and discovering new items here and there. Radahn is finished and I have the underworld opened up but I'm busy with the outskirts of the Capitol so...will keep doing that for a bit. Volcano Manor has not been accessed yet, either. So much left to do. Still loving the game the second time through. Dying way less but still, not invincible.
Old 12-28-2022, 12:22 PM
Team Owner

IDK if I can do NG+ so soon. Maybe I'll unlock some easy stuff but then stop. I'm getting some boss fatigue. I lost to Mal a lot and fought him through 3 different parts of 2 days. It's been a while since I hit a boss stonewall like that. CFA alone has 3 small dragons, 2 big ones (one with low HP), a knight, Plax, and Mal. Maybe if I'm OP, I will keep going. I still have some other areas to find like the Scarlet Rot lakes.

As for the Plax strategy, I'm not sure I'll use the Mimic for my ash as I would waste a flask to recover HP since he hits so hard. Maybe with the increased lightning buffs I'll be good.
Old 12-28-2022, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

IDK if I can do NG+ so soon. Maybe I'll unlock some easy stuff but then stop. I'm getting some boss fatigue. I lost to Mal a lot and fought him through 3 different parts of 2 days. It's been a while since I hit a boss stonewall like that. CFA alone has 3 small dragons, 2 big ones (one with low HP), a knight, Plax, and Mal. Maybe if I'm OP, I will keep going. I still have some other areas to find like the Scarlet Rot lakes.

As for the Plax strategy, I'm not sure I'll use the Mimic for my ash as I would waste a flask to recover HP since he hits so hard. Maybe with the increased lightning buffs I'll be good.

That's what you say now. Believe me...I went through the same (No more, I can't take no more...)...next day, right back at it. This game is like crack to me.

I need to warn you that Malenia -- at least for me -- was Maliketh to you. So, be ready for that fight with her. Level up and plan accordingly. You will need to experiment with what you're armed and armored with for her. In regards to Plax, I need to ask how many flasks do you have? You should be approaching 14 at this point but if you do not have that, you need to go exploring a bit and use that as your timeout to level up too. I did that often when I ran into a brick wall with bosses/levels...it was an indicator I had to get stronger or get more resources.

For FWIW, I think I had 6 health flasks against the dragon. And really, right off the bat, down to 5 to heal myself given the hit I took to trigger my mimic.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:25 AM
Team Owner

I have 13 but need one more seed for 14. Not sure where else I can explore. After beating Mal, I explored the Ashen Capital and found the below fight with Gideon. 1 on 1 he was tough because of his variety of spells especially the one where he nukes after getting hit 5 times. Dude has like unlimited fucking magic. So after we gangbanged him, I found Godfrey. I only fought him a few times because I left to see Dave Chappelle (amazing show). Not sure if I take him down as I'm not sure where else to explore.

Yumcha (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

I have 13 but need one more seed for 14. Not sure where else I can explore. After beating Mal, I explored the Ashen Capital and found the below fight with Gideon. 1 on 1 he was tough because of his variety of spells especially the one where he nukes after getting hit 5 times. Dude has like unlimited fucking magic. So after we gangbanged him, I found Godfrey. I only fought him a few times because I left to see Dave Chappelle (amazing show). Not sure if I take him down as I'm not sure where else to explore.

https://youtu.be/9H3IhB5fG84
Okay, I think you're doing great on Golden Seeds...must be somewhere you missed? Did you explore all of the blood world? There was a tree there I remember. And if you have not cleared that stage, that's a mission for ya.

I found Gideon easy but that was because I had doused him with Rotten Breath as he was busy with my Mimic.

Godfrey is not difficult compared to Maliketh. I think Haligtree awaits, sir. Time for your dates with Malenia?
Doom878 (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 09:43 AM
Team Owner

Blood world as in Caelid? So beat Godfrey first and then go to the Haligtree? I did read that Godfrey is the easiest of the endgame bosses. Just have to learn his patterns and then decide whether to solo or not.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:54 AM
Senior Moderator

Blood world as in Caelid? So beat Godfrey first and then go to the Haligtree? I did read that Godfrey is the easiest of the endgame bosses. Just have to learn his patterns and then decide whether to solo or not.
No. It's that stage you showed me the video a few posts back on how to farm like crazy.

You need to forward the Varre NPC quest line -- very easy to do. He'll give you a prize which you 'use' and then, you are teleported to this stage. It's basically bathed in blood and underground. You can see in the underworld map but there is no walkable tunnel to it. You need to teleport in.
Old 12-29-2022, 12:31 PM
Team Owner

Ok, I gotta find Varre. I don't remember my last interaction.
Yumcha (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 12:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Ok, I gotta find Varre. I don't remember my last interaction.
He is this creepy guy with a white mask who you met initially outside in Limgrave...the very first NPC really to 'welcome' you to the world. Near the first Tree Sentinel you ever saw.

After talking to him, I now know he moves to Liurna...he stands outside some church with blood-looking clumps. He asks you to invade someone which I did by attacking an NPC as an invader in the Plateau (it's a ruins area near the Windmills/giant bridge to the Volcano Manor region). Once you beat that NPC via invasion, you return and he asks you for the blood of a Finger Maiden -- easily achieved by finding a dead one in Liurna. There's also a dead one if you remember right in the Church you revived from at the VERY start of the game -- she was leaning against the wall before you walked outside to fight the multi-armed boss that is supposed to kill you.

Get the blood, return to Varre and then he'll give you the medal. Use it right away despite what he says. Voila -- Blood World. Great place to farm per the video indeed. The boss here gives you over 500K of Runes...he's not the easiest but not the hardest either.

Doom878 (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 08:57 AM
Team Owner

I looked it up and he was at the Rose Church. I quickly wrapped up his quest and went to Mohgwyn Palace. WOWWW the enemies here hit like tanks. I quickly galloped around the area to collect all the shinys (confirmed on the video I found them all) and leveled up a few times at THE spot. So much fun with the Blasphemous Sword to light up 4 baddies with a flame shot. Mohg was tough be we took him out with a little luck. Used the axe because apparently he has like a 80% fire absorb rate.

Also took out Godfrey

So good thing I didn't keep going after Godfrey because apparently Radagon and the Elden Beast are through there. It's time to unmask all the spoilers and clean up before going in there. That means fighting you know who and going back to Plax. I haven't been to HER world yet so I need to see if I have both medallions (def have the one after beating Niall) to access it. I also need to hit Nokstella, Lake of Rot, and whatever other areas I missed. Also I need to figure out which of the Rememberances I want to dupe, load up on stones so that I can level up other weapons, possibly respec before/after NG+ begins, etc. Sadly I'll be gone most of the weekend but might hit some tonight (I got offered Orange Bowl tickets ).
Yumcha (12-30-2022)
Old 12-30-2022, 10:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Yeah, the blood world is great to level up. And you have not done the Lake of Rot yet? Ooooo...you going to 'love' that stage. It was beyond brutal...bring lots of curing aids for rot or you will die faster than you can say rot.

Nokstella does not ring a bell but I am sure I cleared it as zooming out in the underworld, I have sites in all parts of the map? You are close.

Malenia's world is no cakewalk esp. how it starts as you are catwalking on giant tree branches and can be knocked off. So, plan accordingly and at least from my one experience with her that had me successful, make sure your Mimic summon is maxxed and you are ready to deal fire-elemental attacks -- so yeah, Blasphemous Sword is your BFF here. Be sure to thank the big snake for giving you such a wonderful weapon.
Old 01-03-2023, 06:25 AM
Team Owner

Did Lake of Rot yesterday. Finished Ranni's quest to get to the area where the crystal people are with the two dragons and the Dark Moon Greatsword. Took out homeboy below but I have to see if I can fight the dragon where Fia ends up, Fortissax. Still got to go to the Haligtree.

Yumcha (01-03-2023)
Old 01-03-2023, 09:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Funny enough, I also completed the Lake of Rot over the weekend. I'm still a bit out of order I think as I cleared out the sewers and this time, made Dung Eater into a puppet.

I am now on Mt. Gelmir, I think cleared out most of the areas and collected the items around the castle...now, saved inside the Volcano Manor. I will take on Rykard and his minions this week as time allows.

Congrats on beating the Dragon god. Your strength must be off the charts as when he does that dive attack, it takes out nearly most of my health!

The Dark Moon sword is pretty cool aesthetically but still can't beat the Blasphemous Blade. Fia's world is the Deeproot Depths...you should have found it if you were on Ranni's questline I think. I have one Grace spot activated and will return later on.

Quick Reply: XO, XSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC: Elden Ring