Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

XO, XSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC: Elden Ring

Old 09-22-2022, 09:55 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
It's scary how many potential hidden areas there are in this game.

I forgot to tell you I found that dude who lead the castle where the blood skill knight is. I guess I have to go back to there to see what's up as I joined his covenant. Maybe I'll play tonight.
Old 09-22-2022, 10:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,792 Likes on 13,976 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
It's scary how many potential hidden areas there are in this game.

I forgot to tell you I found that dude who lead the castle where the blood skill knight is. I guess I have to go back to there to see what's up as I joined his covenant. Maybe I'll play tonight.
And the insanity is, the game doesn't need to load if you don't warp to a Grace site. How do these nutcases do it? Those, darn Japanese man.

Oh, you discovered Fort Haight, I take? The mini-fort overlooking a cliff? Yeah, that's a mini-quest I have going too (yup, this far into the game) as it's clearly not resolved yet.
Old 09-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Well, I won't lie, the cheesiest death I think I have ever done which needed ZERO effort (not even MP) was letting lightning take out a lightning-powered mega-dragon. I had initially encountered it earlier in this on the Altus Plateau but it flew off after I had taken off about 15-20% of its HP...then, I ran into it again near the top of a mountainous/cliff with lightning strikes everywhere...and it was pure luck that I discovered it: But, I noticed that as it walked around me trying to catch me on horseback, the strikes were taking down its health...so, I just kept running away, drawing its attention to chase me and when it lost track of me, returned but not before a lightning bolt or 2 had hit it.

Yeah, not proud of this but a kill's a kill.
Old 09-23-2022, 08:50 AM
Team Owner

Forgot to share this guy. It was a bear.

https://youtube.com/clip/UgkxHWNvvgm...QJ8mIlKuSnwLi7

And then I used some jolly co-op to take out this guy. I typically 1 on 1 the first go around, but it was late.

I also beat the Guardian Golem which was super easy.

It's crazy, when I started the game, I went east instead of west and missed the grace where the shop and self-smithing thing was. I also found my first map which is west Limgrave so I was flying blind. I saved it after beating Margit and I'm at the Round Table. Bro I didn't even know you can warp until the second last time I played a la Spiderman and fighting the boss I learned how to use my weapon art. So much in this game

The following users liked this post:
Yumcha (09-23-2022)
Old 09-23-2022, 10:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Very nice, Doomie.

Even more impressive that you beat Margit without the Shackle item. It's something sold by Patches -- surprise! -- is in the game. Anyways, very nice stuff. And yeah, warping will help with travel. Past Margit is well, that castle I had posted about and that dark room ambush...Get ready, it's going to be a gauntlet. So, before moving on to that, I would urge you to consider leveling up and upgrading your weaponry and etc. for a bit. Take time to explore...the big boss will wait for you.

Old 09-23-2022, 01:06 PM
Team Owner

Yeah I saw in a video that Patches sells you that thing. I already felt like it was cheating with the summon.

Do you level up fighting the giants since they give you 1000 runes? I do a bunch of passes with the horse to avoid getting countered. I leveled strength to 20 and vigor to 20. I guess I should get more vigor. I feel my endurance is fine but I think I should level it for more defense huh?
Old 09-23-2022, 03:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Yeah I saw in a video that Patches sells you that thing. I already felt like it was cheating with the summon.

Do you level up fighting the giants since they give you 1000 runes? I do a bunch of passes with the horse to avoid getting countered. I leveled strength to 20 and vigor to 20. I guess I should get more vigor. I feel my endurance is fine but I think I should level it for more defense huh?
Giants? No...too much effort initially. You're talking about those monstrous trolls, right?

My farming location near the initial start of the game is in Caelid. It's one of the most eastern part of the map you can go...and had alot to do with my meandering and curiosity on just how far I can go...

It's full of these miniature -- but vicious -- humanoids that carry scythes and blade-axes...each one is like 1200 and if you backstab and go slash happy, they are quick kills. The area -- which is near 2 Graces yields about 20K each run in about 20 minutes. Later on, you will have another area in Caelid, southwest of the aforementioned area that has a bunch of tree-guardians who go for 1600 each -- not a whole lot but each run takes 5 minutes (and you return back to the Grace and repeat)...which yields about 20K. This area, obviously quicker, isn't really realistic early because these enemies are tough as heck if you're too low in level.

And my difference with you, I have no honor in my fights. If I can have any advantage I take it because this game gives frankly, not very much to start with.
Doom878 (09-26-2022)
Old 09-25-2022, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

In this terrible place called "Lake of Rot"...something similar in Caelid as it also has a giant lake of rot but you can use your horse there.

But, LoR does not allow for it and so, it's more like the Abandoned Cave I discovered where it's basically tough slogging and praying you have enough curables to survive the excursion.
Old 09-27-2022, 08:44 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Yumcha
Giants? No...too much effort initially. You're talking about those monstrous trolls, right?

My farming location near the initial start of the game is in Caelid. It's one of the most eastern part of the map you can go...and had alot to do with my meandering and curiosity on just how far I can go...

It's full of these miniature -- but vicious -- humanoids that carry scythes and blade-axes...each one is like 1200 and if you backstab and go slash happy, they are quick kills. The area -- which is near 2 Graces yields about 20K each run in about 20 minutes. Later on, you will have another area in Caelid, southwest of the aforementioned area that has a bunch of tree-guardians who go for 1600 each -- not a whole lot but each run takes 5 minutes (and you return back to the Grace and repeat)...which yields about 20K. This area, obviously quicker, isn't really realistic early because these enemies are tough as heck if you're too low in level.

And my difference with you, I have no honor in my fights. If I can have any advantage I take it because this game gives frankly, not very much to start with.
Thanks for the tip. I was wandering out east also and figured I'd have to run past the big ass dragon on the bridge. I found those dudes and now I'm at 30 for Vigor and going for 30 for Strength. My defense is still kinda meh but I haven't found any heavy armor so no need to up the Endurance yet to increase the carry %.

Some of these areas are terrifying. I found one where there's a Grace near some slow moving zombie dudes that run up and hug you and bite your face. They hang out with slimes that have super high defense. The music just gives me the creeps. The atmosphere is so terrifying vs Souls games. Bloodborne brought that vibe also.
Yumcha (09-27-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 09:38 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks for the tip. I was wandering out east also and figured I'd have to run past the big ass dragon on the bridge. I found those dudes and now I'm at 30 for Vigor and going for 30 for Strength. My defense is still kinda meh but I haven't found any heavy armor so no need to up the Endurance yet to increase the carry %.

Some of these areas are terrifying. I found one where there's a Grace near some slow moving zombie dudes that run up and hug you and bite your face. They hang out with slimes that have super high defense. The music just gives me the creeps. The atmosphere is so terrifying vs Souls games. Bloodborne brought that vibe also.
Oh yeah...this game does have some places that gives you the heebie-jeebies. The crypts can be stressful with those awful statue-demons that jump you...

And sweet! You found my farming spot! And yeah, do NOT engage the dragon...or that giant black thing guarding the temple. You aren't ready. It takes awhile before you can take them on...you can try but don't say I did not warn you. But, yeah...the open area between the 2 boss-things are full of the little mini-guys you can just sneak up on and kill. Great great great place to farm...and I think you're stronger already than my guy and I'm Level 120-something.

I have some strength but most of my stats are towards magic, dex, and some faith. Need endurance too to carry the armor I require.

You need better armor? Hmm, yeah, it'll take some patience and luck. I do have a good one IF (and IF) you have discovered the Cathedral of Dragon Communion in Caelid. If not, you need to keep exploring (carefully). So, in the Caelid region, it's southwest corner. There is a lone knight here patrolling the area who spawns everytime you arrive at the Grace and walks out the door. You sneak up on him, backstab and take him out. He'll eventually start dropping pieces of his set. It's a fantastic set.

The other decent set is the one worn by the non-speaking bodyguard NPC outside of the library in the Roundtable Hold. I think he'll turn hostile when you find a key item which I think was in this god-awful village in tht vast lakes/swamp region I had posted about. A hidden villager (you have to discover him) will hand it to you and then, afterwards, the non-speaking Roundtable guy hanging out by the door of the library turns hostile. His armor is pretty cool and right up your alley...almost looks skeletor-ish -- at least the helmet.

Doom878 (09-27-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 09:39 AM
Senior Moderator

I am back in the lakes/swamp region interestingly, in this one area high high high up on the cliffs/mountains which I had burnt heaps of time trying to get to thinking I was missing a jump or path.

Anyways, it's via teleportation. Cleared out a mega-dragon by applying some hit-and-run tactics and yow, it dropped 150K of runes!!
Doom878 (09-27-2022)
Old 09-27-2022, 09:41 AM
Senior Moderator

BTW, Doomie...did you meet Blaidd yet? He's a pretty cool character and if not, try to track him down. I'm sure you heard howling in your travels. You engage him by ensuring you had spoken to the merchant guy who is camped at the first Grace site in the game.
Old 09-27-2022, 12:12 PM
Team Owner

Not yet but I'm not putting as many hours as you apparently
Old 09-27-2022, 12:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Not yet but I'm not putting as many hours as you apparently
If I can, I'll play at least 60-70 minutes a day...

This damn game...it gets in your head. I sometimes catch myself thinking where I need to go next and/or how to beat some field boss I ran into that took my lunch money.
Old 10-03-2022, 08:50 AM
Team Owner

30 strength looks like this. I think this axe was still at base but now it's +2. I found the Claymore Sword but my Dex is only at 9 so I may or may not go for it later since I'm not doing a quality build (Strength/Dex). Right now I'm increasing Endurance so that I can carry larger weapons and have decent armor. I'd rather roll vs tanking.

I did cheat and use the guide to find a few Sacred Tears because my flasks were so weak. This game is so huge that I totally missed a church that had one. I also ventured south finally thus fighting the boss in the above video. Still some tough enemies there but luckily they're pretty fair distributing the Graces. The Catacombs levels can eat my ass though. There are probably some hidden doors because I've only cleared 1 of 3 that I found. I also found that walking temple with a bell. Not sure if I can do that yet but I'll fuck around and find out. It's crazy how time passes when you play this game. I played for 2 hours last night and it was already time for bed. Stupid adult life
Yumcha (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 09:31 AM
Senior Moderator

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkvPaTcWrb4&t=2s

30 strength looks like this. I think this axe was still at base but now it's +2. I found the Claymore Sword but my Dex is only at 9 so I may or may not go for it later since I'm not doing a quality build (Strength/Dex). Right now I'm increasing Endurance so that I can carry larger weapons and have decent armor. I'd rather roll vs tanking.

I did cheat and use the guide to find a few Sacred Tears because my flasks were so weak. This game is so huge that I totally missed a church that had one. I also ventured south finally thus fighting the boss in the above video. Still some tough enemies there but luckily they're pretty fair distributing the Graces. The Catacombs levels can eat my ass though. There are probably some hidden doors because I've only cleared 1 of 3 that I found. I also found that walking temple with a bell. Not sure if I can do that yet but I'll fuck around and find out. It's crazy how time passes when you play this game. I played for 2 hours last night and it was already time for bed. Stupid adult life
Nicely done. You're going to get some nice heavy weaponry soon...the key is how much you upgrade them so...start finding your favorite and go from there.

Speaking of heavy weaponry, have you found the Bloodhound's Fang? It's right up your alley as it's a heavy-class sword and aligns with strength. You get it fighting a field boss in the Forlorn Hound Evergaol...it's in the southern tip of Limgrave. You can see it on the map already if you've found it (it's a gray circle) near Fort Haight. Worth getting and IMO, the best weapon you can get early on with your build. Even me...the speed and slice guy used it early on when I needed that extra pep when slugging it out against a boss.

Oh, in regards to the walking giant temple...look at the legs...you'll see some white chunks, hit them...and the temple will drop. Just um...don't be under it when it collapses, obviously.

As for me, I'm getting lost in the Altus Plateau...and yeah, this game does not end. I found a series of super high ladder climbs...basically up mountains...I'm venturing into a realm I'm not sure I'm supposed to be but hey...why not...strong enough for now I think with my +18 katana (with fire-type ash) and my +8 magic-inclined katana.
Doom878 (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 12:15 PM
Team Owner

Speaking of katanas, I found the Uchigatana in some cave I had no business entering. The boss had huge catepillar fangs (from the sides) and beat my ass.

Yes I beat that Forlorn boss and got his weapon. I guess technically I can double hand it since it requires 40 Strength. I probably need to up my equip load though.
Yumcha (10-03-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 01:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Speaking of katanas, I found the Uchigatana in some cave I had no business entering. The boss had huge catepillar fangs (from the sides) and beat my ass.

Yes I beat that Forlorn boss and got his weapon. I guess technically I can double hand it since it requires 40 Strength. I probably need to up my equip load though.

Nice...that's the summary of my Elden Ring: "Oh, what's this place? Why not...ohhhhh shi...<gets slaughtered>"

No, I don't think we're talking about the same weapon. The weapon's called Bloodhound's Fang...it's a large curved sword and needs Str that's under 20 I recall and just some dexterity which I think was 15ish. I remember I was able to wield it quite early in the game and it's very efffective.

Doom878 (10-04-2022)
Old 10-03-2022, 04:55 PM
Senior Moderator

My curiosity got the better of me and now I'm in this labrynth-like crypt with yet another annoying chariot that runs me over if I'm not quick enough...hate that thing.

I'm in this region called Mr. Gelmir. Does this world end?!?

Old 10-04-2022, 09:02 AM
Team Owner

Nice...that's the summary of my Elden Ring: "Oh, what's this place? Why not...ohhhhh shi...<gets slaughtered>"

No, I don't think we're talking about the same weapon. The weapon's called Bloodhound's Fang...it's a large curved sword and needs Str that's under 20 I recall and just some dexterity which I think was 15ish. I remember I was able to wield it quite early in the game and it's very efffective.
So true

It might be the other Forlorn I found in the south. I'll check it out next time. I looked at the weapon I got from the first Forlorn boss again and it's a large 40 Strength/14 Dex weapon.

Bro this fight. I last tried fighting him when my flasks were at 0 vs +5 so obviously that helped. I was uber aggressive too as this was the first time since being leveled up. I was totally ready to die and try again. OMG that ending.
Yumcha (10-04-2022)
Old 10-04-2022, 09:03 AM
Team Owner

My curiosity got the better of me and now I'm in this labrynth-like crypt with yet another annoying chariot that runs me over if I'm not quick enough...hate that thing.

I'm in this region called Mr. Gelmir. Does this world end?!?
Reminds me of Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne. What a creepy name for a level
Old 10-04-2022, 10:42 AM
Senior Moderator

So true

It might be the other Forlorn I found in the south. I'll check it out next time. I looked at the weapon I got from the first Forlorn boss again and it's a large 40 Strength/14 Dex weapon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBtaCd9bKc8&t=53s

Bro this fight. I last tried fighting him when my flasks were at 0 vs +5 so obviously that helped. I was uber aggressive too as this was the first time since being leveled up. I was totally ready to die and try again. OMG that ending.
Geebus...down to the wire. Congrats!! I've had at least a half-dozen fights that ended that way...beat-by-a-slice...

You need to get that curved blade...you will add a bit more speed to your cuts and IMO, you will LOVE it. The evergoal is south of the giant lake in Limgrave before you cross that giant bridge guarded by soldiers and etc. You need to go there next IMO...get the sword.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:43 AM
Senior Moderator

Reminds me of Mr. Crowley by Ozzy Osbourne. What a creepy name for a level
Oh.

Typo on my part...It's Mt.
Old 10-04-2022, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Finished the dungeon with the annoying AF chariot that kept running me over (Doomie, you may have found a similar dungeon in Limgrave already near where you started out in the game called Fringefolk Hero's Cave or something)...

Anyways, onwards/forward on this giant mountainous region but I really should return to Atlus Plateau to finish that area too. Hmmm...decisions.
Old 10-06-2022, 04:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Found a giant castle surrounded by lava...appropriately named Volcano Manor. Agreed to help the lady inside out on her quest and got a key to unlock doors in the place. Went into one room where it was...empty...clearly a sign that there was more...hitting walls got me well, yeah...now I'm exploring the hidden areas of this massive place of lava.

Died a few times for obvious reasons. Stupid lava and stupid monsters.
Old 10-07-2022, 08:53 AM
Team Owner

Lava sounds so fun

I found a hidden cave in Caelid off the side of one those huge ravines. It had a super bow (I think the Golem one) but it was full of rot so I just speedran in there to grab shit.
Old 10-08-2022, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Lava sounds so fun

I found a hidden cave in Caelid off the side of one those huge ravines. It had a super bow (I think the Golem one) but it was full of rot so I just speedran in there to grab shit.
Yeah, this stage is something...it's more manageable than others because just lava which doesn't kill per se...but will sap your energy and there are times you have to...go across it.

Caelid cave with a bow in it...?

Shiet...dude, I think you found the Abandoned Cave. You activated the Grace in there? If you did, check...pretty sure that's the one. I think I found a bow in that too but I don't use them often so, it's just oh-cool and continuing onwards...BUT, that cave, if you have enough items or spells for curing rot is worth fighting through if you're mentally ready (the cave sucks): The prize at the end of it is an item that INCREASES the amount of runes you get from killing monsters. Golden Scarab!

Go back when you're ready and have the proper equipment to handle the rot.
Doom878 (10-10-2022)
Old 10-08-2022, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

The volanic region has me on these kill-quests against these NPCs throughout...I am unsure if I was supposed to say yes as I'm going around killing people who used to help me.

But, when I return from each quest, I get a nice item and etc.

I have another assassination mission but it's in a place off the map that I have not explored. It's past the capitol and well, I don't think I've ventured that way yet...I may have to head there next.

Old 10-09-2022, 01:38 PM
Senior Moderator

In trying to access that assassination attempt, I've moved eastwards in the Atlus region and have ventured into the outer area directly outside of the capitol...man, the graphics: The scene is just spectacular: high, high, high walls, castles, in the horizon...not to mention the impressive giant brick road I'm on going upwards towards main battlements, gates...

Beauty aside though, the sheer ugly is the absolute gauntlet...this game does not let up. Field boss after field boss...some worse than others...FFS, this Tarnished character we're using is going through beyond hell for whatever this quest is. Just last night, dealt with an ogre and his disciples under a giant tree and then, after some "quiet", I find myself going upwards up this large green hill with 3 of those mega-tall golem-type statue monsters -- 2 with bows and one with a giant poleaxe. Barely survive that trio, heal, and I run into another one of those horsebound, mega knights...the Sentinel thing that introduces himself to you right near the first Grace near the beginning in Limgrave. This one...breathes fire. Took a few tries but thank goodness my summons is a tankish dual-sword wielding knight. Without that guy to distract this fire-breathing man-beast, no way I won. Opened the gates and decided to look at the path under the moat...and discovered 2 dungeons.

And oh, if I have to deal with another of those super-sized bears, I think I'll curl up into a fetal position. Anyways, the Auriza Side Tomb is by far...the most evil dungeon I've been in...not because of the difficulty but because of the maze-like setup. I've burned over 2 hours in it...you use these chests that once you open, warps you to another part of the dungeon. The thing is, everytime you warp, it looks like the PRIOR area and for the longest time, I thought I was going nowhere. I was losing my mind. I had to look up what to do and yeah, it's deliciously evil and sadistic setup...Doomie, take note of this cave but where you're at, you're awhile off from finding it I think.

The sister dungeon, the Auriza Hero Tomb...those farking chariots that mow you down.

Barely made it out of it and my reward was taking on 2 tankish Crucible Knights that took a few tries and again, the big-time assist from my tank-like summons...

Done for the day I think. Gonna have PTSD.
Doom878 (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 09:12 AM
Team Owner

Wow that sounds intense man. Yeah I'm very far back. I am in North Limgrave where I can't access the castle. Little by little clearing areas and finding shit.
Old 10-10-2022, 09:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Wow that sounds intense man. Yeah I'm very far back. I am in North Limgrave where I can't access the castle. Little by little clearing areas and finding shit.
Yeah, this game does not let up at all. Liurna still has to be accessed and you've only touched on parts of Caelid...after both those, it's then Atlus, the volcanic region, and where I'm at now, the capitol. This does not account for the underground world where you'll need to traverse if you go on depending on what side quests you accept (I've been very accommodating to everyone and saying yes to every side-quest)...
Old 10-10-2022, 12:13 PM
Team Owner

Speaking of underground, I found the one with the huge ants. Luckily I'm strong enough to kill them fairly easily, but some of these guys hit hard. Steadily increasing Vigor and Strength.
Yumcha (10-10-2022)
Old 10-10-2022, 02:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Speaking of underground, I found the one with the huge ants. Luckily I'm strong enough to kill them fairly easily, but some of these guys hit hard. Steadily increasing Vigor and Strength.
Ah! You found Seophra (spelling it wrong I think) River...Oh buddy, that's just the tip of the iceberg of the underworld.

Yeah, the ants are annoying but the least of your worries down there.
Doom878 (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 12:41 PM
Team Owner

Is Seophra the dude throwing projectiles from the top of a platform. Fucker! And yeah that area is HUUUUUUUUUGE. Once I found a second grace and a map, I knew that I was in trouble

I looked up strong greataxes since I needed to figure out if I should upgrade my Greataxe. I read that the Executioners Greataxe is very similar but had longer reach and way stronger critical hits. I farmed one pretty quickly from the skeletons with the huge axe in the graveyard and then beat the shit out of the intro horse boss (without my horse). Then I pwned those stupid crabs nearby as they haunted me from DS3. Nearby in the Dragon Ruins, I found a chest that warped to me that Caelid cave with all the gems. I had speedrun through there and cleaned out the area but this time I was beating the shit out of those miners. Then I found the centipede boss and see below.

After that I went to the area in Caelid where the big blue giants with the bow and arrows are there next to the palace with the huge jar blocking the door. Outside are 3 guardsthat you have to summon who have a shitload of HP and defense. I took out the one with the hammer and shield first. I didn't upload it but that felt good since he could almost one shot me. I am so addicted to this game.
Yumcha (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 01:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Is Seophra the dude throwing projectiles from the top of a platform. Fucker! And yeah that area is HUUUUUUUUUGE. Once I found a second grace and a map, I knew that I was in trouble

I looked up strong greataxes since I needed to figure out if I should upgrade my Greataxe. I read that the Executioners Greataxe is very similar but had longer reach and way stronger critical hits. I farmed one pretty quickly from the skeletons with the huge axe in the graveyard and then beat the shit out of the intro horse boss (without my horse). Then I pwned those stupid crabs nearby as they haunted me from DS3. Nearby in the Dragon Ruins, I found a chest that warped to me that Caelid cave with all the gems. I had speedrun through there and cleaned out the area but this time I was beating the shit out of those miners. Then I found the centipede boss and see below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmTadXu0eZk&t=4s

After that I went to the area in Caelid where the big blue giants with the bow and arrows are there next to the palace with the huge jar blocking the door. Outside are 3 guardsthat you have to summon who have a shitload of HP and defense. I took out the one with the hammer and shield first. I didn't upload it but that felt good since he could almost one shot me. I am so addicted to this game.
SICK! Nicely done man. You found the Jarhead challenge! I did that awhile ago too and yeah, if you win and beat all 3 challengers (in one sitting without death), you will get a prize from the giant jar. All 3 must be killed in one sitting...so, save your healing and try to endure the gauntlet test.

I am still in the giant palace in the Capitol. Found my way to the sewers last night of this vast place and cleaning out the area...

This game is unbelievably addicting...I need to take breaks from the beatings and stress but afterwards, I am thinking of when I can start another round. It's THAT good. No wonder it scored so many perfect 10s with reviewers. If you like the heavy-duty weaponry, that giant curved sword is still my vote for you but stick with what you like. If you are roaming around Caelid, did you find the Dragon Temple in the south of the region? There is a single knight that patrols the grounds...fight him repeatedly (save and repeat) to get his armor -- it looks damn good and it's very manageable. I'm still using it to this point though I've since swapped out the helmet for the Sentinel's.
Doom878 (10-12-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 01:39 PM
Senior Moderator

And no, Seophra River is a region. It's what I was saying in response to the underground world you ended up in.

This area is vast. You'll eventually end up in a large area where you have to light these large altars. When you have found them all, your boss fight is a giantass ghost moose. Though, as much as it is the area boss, the hard one isn't that but the mega giant man-beast at the upper levels of that region. Dragonkin Soldier I think is the name. PiTA to fight.
Old 10-11-2022, 01:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Checked, typo on my part: Siofra River.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:31 AM
Team Owner

All 3 for the Jarhead challenge. All hell naw. I need more hp.
Old 10-12-2022, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

All 3 for the Jarhead challenge. All hell naw. I need more hp.
Yeah, then you get a nice prize for being a brave and goot boi.

I am...in the sewers...clinging to my life despite my high level (153 bishes!!!) which means dick...all...because the ogres in here are freaking tanks. I waltzed into a room with 3 of them and that was a mistake. No let-up whatsoever on difficulty. I had wanted to turn back and head back to the Capitol to keep exploring after finding the Queen's Chambers ( ) Grace site...but, then after that, I had backtracked as I had made note of a few pathways that I had skipped over. And yeah, now in the sewers of the Capitol...and found someone called Dung Eater. Nice name. He's...weird. And gross. NPC nutcase...

Old 10-12-2022, 12:05 PM
Team Owner

Oh Dung Eaters. That's a callback to DS1. There are some enemies that are modifications of characters from some of the other games. Like the skeleton wearing the cloak with the huge axe seems to resemble the grim reapers from Bloodborne.
Yumcha (10-12-2022)

Quick Reply: XO, XSX|S, PS4, PS5, PC: Elden Ring