AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Console & Computer Gaming (https://acurazine.com/forums/console-computer-gaming-13/)
-   -   PS3: SOCOM - Confrontation (https://acurazine.com/forums/console-computer-gaming-13/ps3-socom-confrontation-684218/)

Jonesi 10-21-2008 06:49 PM

<-- Jonsei

TommySalami 10-21-2008 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by BubbaMarkTL (Post 10108756)
actually, its only $20 dollars more....the stand-alone game is 39.99 on playstation network for download while the game with the headset is 59.99.

20 bucks for a bluetooth headset??? thats a hell of a deal!!!

and by the way, it is a really nice headset that looks good, functions great, and even comes with a charging cradle, not just a cord.

The guy at gamestop told me thirty. If it was twenty more I might have bought it just for the hell of it

btw we need to get a game going with all of us sometime this week

Sun Diego CL-S 10-21-2008 11:27 PM

^Go on and organize it.

evilone 10-21-2008 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami (Post 10111654)
The guy at gamestop told me thirty. If it was twenty more I might have bought it just for the hell of it

btw we need to get a game going with all of us sometime this week

its 39 if you have mic already. its 60 with the mic.

Sun Diego CL-S 10-22-2008 12:29 AM

How's is the gameplay now? I haven't touched this game since sometime in the weekend.

BubbaMarkTL 10-22-2008 08:11 AM

its better and better every day. i played last night for about 3 hours. the lag has mostly gone away, i have not had a single game crash (even with 32 users) since saturday.

the clan support, stats, rankings are still fucked up for the most part but the core gameplay is functioning at a very respectable level finally. Now if they could just get the clan support and stats functioning properly and organize the server list in a way that makes sense!!

TommySalami 10-22-2008 08:32 PM

who wants to get on for a while tomorrow around 8pm?

evilone 10-22-2008 09:31 PM

i can prob pull that off tommy.

is300eater 10-27-2008 12:19 AM

damn, you guys weren't kiddin' about the downloading updates shit :whyme: I'll probably won't even get to playing tonight

is300eater 10-27-2008 03:11 AM

as you guys can see, it's now past 1am :annoyed:

WTF??!! it keeps saying:

SAVE DATA IS CORRUPT. YOU CANNOT SAVE YOUR PLAYER PROFILE. PRESS THE PS BUTTON TO RETURN TO THE SYSTEM SOFTWARE SCREEN. YOU CAN DELETE THE CORRUPT SAVE DATA BY USING THE SAVED DATA UTILITY IN THE XMB.

Jonesi 10-27-2008 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 10126873)

WTF??!! it keeps saying:

I had the same thing last week.. I think everyone is getting the exact same error..

The data that is corrupt is the "Saved Game Data", NOT the "Game Data". In XBA, just delete the SOCOM file under "Saved Game Data" and start the game again. This is a small (under 1000kb).
Sucks.. Just bought PS3 loaded all this and got same messages.. The servers were rough last week also.. Makes me miss the 360..

Berner 10-27-2008 10:23 AM

I think its time to buy a PS3. Socom 1 and 2 were the shit. I miss our AZ clan

is300eater 10-27-2008 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Jonesi (Post 10127113)
I had the same thing last week.. I think everyone is getting the exact same error..

Sucks.. Just bought PS3 loaded all this and got same messages.. The servers were rough last week also.. Makes me miss the 360..

the irony is, I was playing COD4 on the 360 while waiting the whole time :tomato:

Originally Posted by Berner (Post 10127400)
I think its time to buy a PS3. Socom 1 and 2 were the shit. I miss our AZ clan

....well, maybe you should hold off for now... cuz it seems like most of us either can't even play this damn game or those that are playing are saying there're still things to iron out

Jonesi 10-27-2008 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 10127644)
the irony is, I was playing COD4 on the 360 while waiting the whole time :tomato:

Everyone still plays COD4?

BubbaMarkTL 10-27-2008 04:44 PM

i havent touched COD4 for months. Socom is far better across the board.

Socom will soon be riding the bench too though i fear because Resistance 2 comes out next week.

is300eater 10-27-2008 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Jonesi (Post 10128826)
Everyone still plays COD4?

yeah, there's a handful of regulars from AZ that play nightly

Originally Posted by BubbaMarkTL (Post 10128878)
i havent touched COD4 for months. Socom is far better across the board.

Socom will soon be riding the bench too though i fear because Resistance 2 comes out next week.

that's nice that you like the game and all.. but sems like most or at least half of us can't even get the damn game to work... that ain't saying much about the game from our perspective

BubbaMarkTL 10-28-2008 09:03 AM

what do you mean you cant get it to work? yes, it takes awhile to do the install / update process but its pretty straightforward and once its completed, the game works fine (except the the lack of the clan / trophy support still) but the game itself is running as smooth as butter and the servers have not crashed in over a week.

TommySalami 10-28-2008 09:20 AM

They have to fix the ranking system and should add a couple more features, but the gameplay is awesome. It's classic SOCOM.

Too bad I haven't had much time to play lately, and probably won't for a while to come

is300eater 10-28-2008 09:21 AM

Originally Posted by BubbaMarkTL (Post 10131028)
what do you mean you cant get it to work? yes, it takes awhile to do the install / update process but its pretty straightforward and once its completed, the game works fine (except the the lack of the clan / trophy support still) but the game itself is running as smooth as butter and the servers have not crashed in over a week.

:huh:

Originally Posted by quinto1025 (Post 10091951)
Now it's telling me my save data is corrupt WTF!

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S (Post 10092385)
^It was pulling that crap on me and I heard some guys on my team talk about that on the one game I played today.

Originally Posted by TommySalami (Post 10092551)
Servers shit the bed earlier, couldn't get into a game. Gonna clean some dishes then see if I can get back into it.

Everyone add Sabre88 as a friend and we'll get into some games together tonight.

Originally Posted by quinto1025 (Post 10093171)
I gave up. after hours of installing, updating and trying to get on the servers with no luck I quit. Finally was able to play one game before they froze again. Went right back to COD. :whyme:

Originally Posted by evilone (Post 10097005)
wtf i just picked up the game tonight. loaded all the crap then pulled the currput data shit on me too. then i get that fixed and it wont let me log onto a server. Everytime i try to get online its says server log in failed!!! wtf im so pissed right now.

Originally Posted by quinto1025 (Post 10100294)
I have given up trying to this since this morning. I will pop the game in next week sometime when everything actually works.

Originally Posted by BubbaMarkTL (Post 10104881)
clan support, leaderboards, freind features are all still fucked, but the game is up and running.

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 10126873)

WTF??!! it keeps saying:

Originally Posted by Jonesi (Post 10127113)

Sun Diego CL-S 10-28-2008 10:57 AM

^It now works just fine for me. I just wish my PS3 weren't retarded and actually worked fine with my Bluetooth headset.

Very fun game though. I swear it reminds me of paintballing with the constant communication and having only one life.

GhettoNinja06 03-19-2009 12:12 AM

Thought I'd raise this thread from the dead to see if there are any other SOCOMers out there. I forgot all about this thread till Tommy messaged me. :socom:

There is one thing on SOCOM 2 that I really miss on Confrontation.......
RRAAAAHHEEEEELAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!! :rahela:

is300eater 03-19-2009 12:23 AM

I would give my input but I gave up on trying to get this game to work... frankly, I'm surprise I haven't sold it :tomato:

TommySalami 03-19-2009 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 10659385)
I would give my input but I gave up on trying to get this game to work... frankly, I'm surprise I haven't sold it :tomato:

?

They've patched it a couple times. It runs fine now.

GhettoNinja06 03-24-2009 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami (Post 10660534)
?

They've patched it a couple times. It runs fine now.

:werd: Runs great for me. Some lag every now and then but hey, it's an online game.

mehhh 03-25-2009 02:29 AM

Only thing that bothers me is this game gives me massive bluetooth static to the point where I take it off cause its annoying in my ear.

TommySalami 03-25-2009 07:34 AM

? that doesn't happen to me at all. Sounds like it's your mic

GhettoNinja06 04-02-2009 02:05 AM

I don't get that either... Which headset are you using?

mehhh 04-02-2009 02:32 AM

I'm using the dam fucking socom headset, and i'm actually having lots of problems with it. the static will go on in some games and not always in socom, but majority of the time it does. lastly i found out from a friend when u press the mic/mute button its suppose to display bluetooth battery and status, and when i press it that shit doesnt show up!! im like wtf is wrong wit my bluetooth!?!? its the official playstation one.

any solutions to static and status showing up properly?

GhettoNinja06 04-02-2009 02:46 AM

Ahh, I know your problem. You didn't sync it up using the usb cord. You probably synced it up as a bluetooth device. Read the manual on how to sync it with the usb cord.

mehhh 04-02-2009 05:52 PM

ahhh.. icic. thanks! I'll try that! oh and if u guys havent already get the new update! it allows ingame chat txt and/or mic chat ingame. and the next update is suppose to contain music player ingame like xbox's

GhettoNinja06 04-03-2009 10:54 PM

^did it work?
How come I never see you in the 1st gen section? Lurk at all?

TommySalami 04-03-2009 10:55 PM

couple new patches coming out. One's out now, and another big one is coming soon. Unfortunately, they're nerfing the FAMAS :(

GhettoNinja06 04-03-2009 10:59 PM

SOCOM: Confrontation 1.50 Update
Posted by SOCOM: Confrontation Online Team
In addition to Tournaments, Clan Ladders and the Calendar, the team at Slant Six has been busy adding new community requested features to the 1.50 update. The following items have been confirmed for the 1.50 update with additional items to come:

• Added the ability to join directly into a friend's game off of the friend's list.
  • Added password protected custom games.
  • Drastically improved the weapon selection ring. You can now move while selecting weapons and the weapon selection is much faster and more accurate.
  • Slightly reduced the Famas accuracy.
  • Improved the damage of the Desert Eagle. One shot kill with light and medium armor.
  • Improved sniper rifle damage. One shot kills with bolt action rifles on light and medium armor.
  • Fixed a large number of level exploits.
  • Channel names are sorted alphabetically by default.
  • Reduced the long fade in at the beginning of rounds to less than 1 second (the "darkness" is gone).
  • Added a 30 second game start timer to games when greater than 60% of the players ready up.
  • Clan patches are now displayed on your character in-game.
  • Clan tags are now displayed with your player name in-game.
  • Added center markers to all scopes and changed the color of the crosshairs so that they are visible at night.
  • Kill cam stops following target after 5 seconds.
  • Button prompts in death cam fade out after 5 seconds.
  • Target Spotting now defaults to off.
  • Weapons selected in-game are not saved to your custom loadout.

In bold are the things that I have been wanting since the Private Beta... Looks like this game is really becoming the SOCOM us socom fans wanted!
Still want a damn map pack though... :bored:

GhettoNinja06 04-03-2009 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by TommySalami (Post 10732207)
Unfortunately, they're nerfing the FAMAS :(

I know right? We just switched out clan fraction too... :whyme:

Yo Tommy, get on right now. What was your psn?

TommySalami 04-03-2009 11:14 PM

Sorry, I'm at home and don't have the PS3 here. My psn is Sabre88, add me.

Good thing that they're making sniper rifles and the desert eagle one shot kills. Time to go back to sniping. I made this awesome controller layout for sniping that lets me zoom in with L1, so I don't have to take my hands off the left stick.

I like being the KSK though instead of the French. The FAMAS was sick, but I like using the bike helmet that the Germans get and using a gray suit. It reminds me of the way the old SOCOM II single player SEALs look when you go to the hydroelectric dam as well as (I think) the level that looks like the mixer. I'm a sucker for nostalgia. The Sabre in my name is from the (SAS) Sabre from SOCOM II online

mehhh 04-04-2009 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by GhettoNinja06 (Post 10732203)
^did it work?
How come I never see you in the 1st gen section? Lurk at all?

I haven't figured out how to sync via USB. I went to Bluetooth Devices hoping to see if there was even any USB option. I'm guessing I have to unsync and re-do all? Noob question, but how do I sync via USB? I didn't really get into it because I haven't played Socom in a long ass time and it doesn't static on the games I play now, but I wanna get back into Socom soon. Still occasional static, but not as bad as Socom.

I was in-game and it asked for me to quit to do all that mumble jumble so I was like fuck it, I'll do it another time.

Also I stopped going on Azine because I sold my car and am frequently on another forum for my new car that's why. But I've recently gotten active in Azine a lot again that's why you see me randomly posting again lol. And the parts in my sig are still forsale, that remaining 1 item.

My PSN: umm_mailman

Add me! :)