AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Console & Computer Gaming (https://acurazine.com/forums/console-computer-gaming-13/)
-   -   PS3: SOCOM - Confrontation (https://acurazine.com/forums/console-computer-gaming-13/ps3-socom-confrontation-684218/)

TommySalami 10-15-2008 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by TL CHROMETIDE (Post 10089317)
i heard desert glory is in this. man i remember that map from the very first socom. damn that was fun.

and Frostfire! FUCK YEAH! FF is my shit

Q1911 10-15-2008 04:53 PM

installing the game data right now. cant wait:excited:

Q1911 10-15-2008 05:04 PM

if i have to install/update one more fucking thing, I'm going to break my ps3 and this game :cuss:

Q1911 10-15-2008 05:18 PM

Now it's telling me my save data is corrupt WTF!

Sun Diego CL-S 10-15-2008 07:39 PM

^It was pulling that crap on me and I heard some guys on my team talk about that on the one game I played today.

TommySalami 10-15-2008 08:24 PM

Servers shit the bed earlier, couldn't get into a game. Gonna clean some dishes then see if I can get back into it.

Everyone add Sabre88 as a friend and we'll get into some games together tonight.

Q1911 10-15-2008 10:58 PM

I gave up. after hours of installing, updating and trying to get on the servers with no luck I quit. Finally was able to play one game before they froze again. Went right back to COD. :whyme:

is300eater 10-15-2008 11:04 PM

wait, can you just buy this game online, and download it? wasn't Warhawk like that?

Q1911 10-16-2008 01:42 AM

^I dont think so.

TacoBellSauce 10-16-2008 12:45 PM

finally was able to play a game today
nothing compared to COD

evilone 10-16-2008 11:45 PM

wtf i just picked up the game tonight. loaded all the crap then pulled the currput data shit on me too. then i get that fixed and it wont let me log onto a server. Everytime i try to get online its says server log in failed!!! wtf im so pissed right now.

TommySalami 10-16-2008 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by TacoBellSauce (Post 10094718)
finally was able to play a game today
nothing compared to COD

It's different. COD4 is more just running around killing people action. You have to work a lot more to win at this game. I find it a lot more rewarding

TommySalami 10-16-2008 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by evilone (Post 10097005)
wtf i just picked up the game tonight. loaded all the crap then pulled the currput data shit on me too. then i get that fixed and it wont let me log onto a server. Everytime i try to get online its says server log in failed!!! wtf im so pissed right now.

Yeah the servers are in a clusterfuck right now with everyone getting the game. Past SOCOM games have been the same way. Give it a day or two and it'll get worked out.

Sun Diego CL-S 10-16-2008 11:51 PM

If all of this crap is going on, I'm glad I don't have time to play the next couple of days.

is300eater 10-17-2008 12:04 AM

yeah, I hope this shit will be iron'd out by next week when I pick it up

evilone 10-17-2008 12:05 AM

Yeah i played socom 1 and 2 for a a long time at one point before all the glitching. I was ranked 716 out of 300k players on socom1. I played 3 for a little while but as soon as people started making lag switches map glitching etc. I quit playing.. I fucking hate cheater like that who ruin the game. My brother is one of them.. sigh.. if there is a glitch he will find it or out about it. he showed me like 30 or so map glitches on cod modern combat. All I did was shake my head and say I hate people like you asshole. He said "you should play again." I told him to fuck off if he is glitching like that I'm sure there are thousands more doing the same.. no thanx.

is300eater 10-17-2008 12:15 AM

can the host kick people out?

Sun Diego CL-S 10-17-2008 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 10097066)
can the host kick people out?

This is something I would like to know too. Just how easy it is to give someone the boot in the middle of the game.

is300eater. I meant to let you know that I won't be able to join you guys this Saturday. Work is hectic. We must get together and it tear it up before "winter" comes though.

is300eater 10-17-2008 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sun Diego CL-S (Post 10097090)

is300eater. I meant to let you know that I won't be able to join you guys this Saturday. Work is hectic. We must get together and it tear it up before "winter" comes though.

no problem.... we go about once a month, but lately more like very 3 weeks... it'll be better when it's not so damn hot... Don't paintballs travel further with colder air? or is it the other way around? :ponder:

evilone 10-17-2008 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 10097104)
no problem.... we go about once a month, but lately more like very 3 weeks... it'll be better when it's not so damn hot... Don't paintballs travel further with colder air? or is it the other way around? :ponder:

It depends on if you're using co2 or compressed air. If its colder out the co2 will work worse. Because it takes less time to chill the tank causing the gun to "blurp" (spitting out co2 in liquid and gas). that's why it is better to run on compressed air. It's a more consistent rate of fire. (in speed, distance, and accuracy.) with comp. air you can pretty much sling paint without a significant drop off, where as with co2 the faster you shot the less distance and force the ball is getting, due to the fact that the gas chamber isn't completely full of gas. It ends up as mixture of liquid and gas co2.

is300eater 10-17-2008 12:45 AM

that's cool... I take it, you paintball? (I'm on compressed air)

evilone 10-17-2008 01:01 AM

Originally Posted by is300eater (Post 10097159)
that's cool... I take it, you paintball? (I'm on compressed air)

yeah i used to play a lot. i was going to compete at one point but didn't. I have played with and against quite a few pros. Team Strange (world cup champs 2 or 3 times) used to play at the field right by my brothers house. One of the guys dads owned the field so it was their home field. Both my brothers and my nephew all used to play paintball pretty seriously. I have a fully tuned out gen x autococker. (back when the only better marker was an angel) But now the new ION's are better. which pissed me off. $175 marker was more consistent ,accurate and had a much better fire rate than my autococker with about $2k total into the marker.. kind of like when you find out there is no santa when you're a kid. lol thought about getting back into it but cant justify spend all that money over again. lol i was running a 98ci 4500 psi fiber wrap nitro tank.. i could get anywhere from 3000-4000 balls off before needing a fill.

is300eater 10-17-2008 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by evilone (Post 10097188)
But now the new ION's are better. which pissed me off. $175 marker was more consistent ,accurate and had a much better fire rate than my autococker with about $2k total into the marker.. kind of like when you find out there is no santa when you're a kid. lol thought about getting back into it but cant justify spend all that money over again.

yeah, I know... that's what I hear about the technology with the sport... you can pick up a used up'd Ion for like $125 shipped. The part that gets expensive is the paintballs/admission/gas.. it's like a $75/day event

BubbaMarkTL 10-17-2008 08:27 AM

got the game last night, went thru the standard 2 hour install process which goes like this:

Update your PS3 to firmware 2.50
Install Socom game data
Install Socom update via internet
Deal with "corrupt data" problem

FINALLY you are now able to actually get into the game....er...maybe not.

I was able to play about 5 rounds last night. This game looks great, plays great, and has a HELL of alot of potential but as of last night, its an absolute clusterfuck. The servers are non-functional at best.

Once they get their shit ironed out, this game easily stands to de-throne COD4 as the best shooter on the market. There is alot to this game and that is evident right away, even with the craptastic server problems. Hopefully tonight/this weekend it will be better.

If nothing else, its an absolute STEAL when you consider that you get a bluetooth headset with the game for free....OR you pay 10 dollars for the game and 50 bucks for the headset, either way you look at it, its a fantastic deal.

Anyone who bitches about paying for Xbox live is an idiot, thats all i know. When has there ever been a catostrophic failure of online functionality with any Xbox live game? never....

like the old saying goes...you get what you pay for...and for free, i guess we have to just bite our tounge and deal with these problems.

BubbaMarkTL 10-17-2008 08:29 AM

Severs
On
Continuous
Operational
Malfunction

I think thats what SOCOM actually stands for

Sun Diego CL-S 10-17-2008 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by BubbaMarkTL (Post 10097581)
Severs
On
Continuous
Operational
Malfunction

I think thats what SOCOM actually stands for

:rofl:
I tried this morning before coming to work and it was effing up.

RMATIC09 10-17-2008 12:22 PM

looks like ima pass on this one....MP looks as if it'll get boring..fast

BubbaMarkTL 10-17-2008 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by RMATIC09 (Post 10098337)
looks like ima pass on this one....MP looks as if it'll get boring..fast

you are nuts.

socom owes its longevity to its multiplayer and that alone!!! im sorry, but the socom multiplayer in socom 2 was more deep and more fun than COD4....sure, COD4 looks fantastic and is fun but the level of depth in the multiplayer of socom games surpasses it without a doubt. now that socom has next gen graphics to match, its unbeatable.

now if they could only get the servers running!

Sun Diego CL-S 10-17-2008 07:14 PM

TacoBellSauce, evilone, RMATIC09 and BubbaMarkTL.

Go ahead and add yourselves to the AZ PS3 group:
https://acurazine.com/forums/groups/ps3-gamers-acurazine-39/

Q1911 10-18-2008 02:30 AM

I have given up trying to this since this morning. I will pop the game in next week sometime when everything actually works.

evilone 10-18-2008 09:56 PM

Finally got socom to load up and work. although it was a tad bit laggy, its still a great game. I think there are a few things i need adress like the taunt button. I tend to push down on the L3 button and it always fuxorz me. that and learn which guns are best again. I played frostfire as my first map for about 45 min. I think the kinda screwed up FF, becuase they added to much stuff and made it different. Who knows maybe I'll grow to like the new map more than the org. but I doubt it. Man I wish they would add Blood Lake back.. That and Abandoned was my fav. maps from Socom1.
My PS3 gamer tag is
evil0ner. (it's the number Zero not the letter O)

TommySalami 10-18-2008 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by evilone (Post 10101934)
Finally got socom to load up and work. although it was a tad bit laggy, its still a great game. I think there are a few things i need adress like the taunt button. I tend to push down on the L3 button and it always fuxorz me. that and learn which guns are best again. I played frostfire as my first map for about 45 min. I think the kinda screwed up FF, becuase they added to much stuff and made it different. Who knows maybe I'll grow to like the new map more than the org. but I doubt it. Man I wish they would add Blood Lake back.. That and Abandoned was my fav. maps from Socom1.
My PS3 gamer tag is
evil0ner. (it's the number Zero not the letter O)

Best guns are
SEALs: FAMAS (gotta be in a clan who are the french)
IW-80 (gotta be in a clan who are the british)

Terrorists: 552

evilone 10-18-2008 10:27 PM

tommy sent u friend invite on PS3 as well as evryone else that posted their gamer tag . so next u log on PS3 please check for friend invite

is300eater 10-20-2008 02:10 AM

so, did they get things fixed?

BubbaMarkTL 10-20-2008 07:52 AM

clan support, leaderboards, freind features are all still fucked, but the game is up and running.

Sun Diego CL-S 10-20-2008 08:17 AM

I'll have to give this another try to see if it works properly.

Q1911 10-20-2008 12:32 PM

:stupid:

We shall see. However, I'm on the edge of selling it back.

BubbaMarkTL 10-20-2008 12:49 PM

i dont get how anyone could want to "sell this game back"???

its the best tactcial shooter on PS3. It is more realistic than COD4 and the maps are better.

It comes with a free bluetooth headset that you can even use with your cell phones.

I am as frustrated as the next guy about the 2 hour install process and the crashing servers and missing features however things are improving and this game really is spectacular.

TommySalami 10-20-2008 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by BubbaMarkTL (Post 10105793)
i dont get how anyone could want to "sell this game back"???

its the best tactcial shooter on PS3. It is more realistic than COD4 and the maps are better.

It comes with a free bluetooth headset that you can even use with your cell phones.

I am as frustrated as the next guy about the 2 hour install process and the crashing servers and missing features however things are improving and this game really is spectacular.

not exactly, you pay $30 more for it, but that's still a steal for a great headset

BubbaMarkTL 10-21-2008 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by TommySalami (Post 10107533)
not exactly, you pay $30 more for it, but that's still a steal for a great headset

actually, its only $20 dollars more....the stand-alone game is 39.99 on playstation network for download while the game with the headset is 59.99.

20 bucks for a bluetooth headset??? thats a hell of a deal!!!

and by the way, it is a really nice headset that looks good, functions great, and even comes with a charging cradle, not just a cord.