Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Guitar Hero 3

Old 01-21-2008, 07:15 AM
Bringing Home The Bacon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cibs
I figured that out by accident but you have to pay attention to where you try to use that method, it doesn't always work... if the notes are in very fast succession then you'll be alright with a fast hit and moving your fingers real fast on the keys...
You can tell where to use the hammer-on/pull-off by the brighter, larger white dot in the center of a note. You'll see this eveywhere in hard, but a lot of the bonus songs don't seem to have it.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:16 AM
Bringing Home The Bacon

Originally Posted by WdnUlik2no

I finally beat Knights of Cydonia on hard and had little trouble with Cult of Personality.

But out of the final teir of songs, only one I can play. The rest are impossible ("Raining blood", "One", etc) unless I have 239,472,349 hours to spend playing the same song over and over again. No thanks. The game is just to hard to really enjoy it anymore. It looks like I'll be going back to GHII where I will try to five star all the songs on hard and try my luck at Expert.

The developers must have been stoning to think people would actually enjoy the unreasonable difficulty of hard. "Hard" on this game should actually be expert, and "Expert" should be ludicrous.
Excuse me, but expert IS ludicrous.
Old 01-21-2008, 07:53 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts

I finally beat Knights of Cydonia on hard and had little trouble with Cult of Personality.

But out of the final teir of songs, only one I can play. The rest are impossible ("Raining blood", "One", etc) unless I have 239,472,349 hours to spend playing the same song over and over again. No thanks. The game is just to hard to really enjoy it anymore. It looks like I'll be going back to GHII where I will try to five star all the songs on hard and try my luck at Expert.

The developers must have been stoning to think people would actually enjoy the unreasonable difficulty of hard. "Hard" on this game should actually be expert, and "Expert" should be ludicrous.
It really is a matter of practice.... and for some people out there Expert is bordering on easy for them aside from the hardest songs. Now I don't know how many times they practice to get that 97% on youtube but some of them are just damn good. I can beat most songs on Expert in GH2 and GH3 and Rock Band so far, for me it just took practice. I started out on the medium difficulty and it was a huge milestone jumping from medium->hard and hard->expert. I just had to tough it out and practice pull-offs and I got pretty damn good at it. Luckily I had it in my breakroom at work so for a good 3-4 months I was playing GH2 almost every day, for at least 10 minutes a day. Eventually I bought it and played at home too.

I recommend Rock Band, if you have other people to play with. It is a little easier, though I prefer playing Rock Band with the GH3 controller because of the tactile feedback, though I wish it didn't make the *tic-tic* noise when you strum.
Old 01-21-2008, 04:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ig6ClFm_yhM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ig6ClFm_yhM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 01-21-2008, 04:32 PM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ig6ClFm_yhM&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ig6ClFm_yhM&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

My eyes are literally watering right now for trying not to bust out laughing at work.

HOLY SHIT!!! !!! My stomach is killing me!

I came here to post a vid about some kid flipping out on GHIII after failing a song on Expert, but never mind now! This was funnier!

Last edited by WdnUlik2no; 01-21-2008 at 04:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:41 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
Every store that sells video games in Southern Ontario is sold out of the Guitar Hero 3 bundle for PS2. Large quantities of Xbox360 and PC versions though.
Old 01-22-2008, 10:17 AM
Safety Car

Kid fails Jordan on Expert...then......

seems like it could be staged, but whatever, here it is anyway; its still kinda funny.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xf62Fea3DwA&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xf62Fea3DwA&rel=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>
Old 01-27-2008, 01:38 AM
Safety Car

Angry Lou on hard is impossible!

well I finally beat "Raining Blood" on hard about an hour ago. That was my last song so then I had to enter the stupid boss battle with Lou.

I probably could beat him, but he gets his :ghey: powerups first and its usually a lefty flip, double notes or difficulty up.

Boss battles are the worst part of this game and should have been left out. At least out of career mode. I hate this boss battle shit, its so damn gay and corny.
Old 02-03-2008, 10:03 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
well I finally beat "Raining Blood" on hard about an hour ago. That was my last song so then I had to enter the stupid boss battle with Lou.

I probably could beat him, but he gets his :ghey: powerups first and its usually a lefty flip, double notes or difficulty up.

Boss battles are the worst part of this game and should have been left out. At least out of career mode. I hate this boss battle shit, its so damn gay and corny.

I don't mind it. You guys will hate life on expert though...

Anyway I just saw this thread and I'm sad I hadn't seen it sooner, I enjoy GH3 too, I actually have started playing quit a bit. I've had the game for two or three weeks now and I'm starting to gold star songs on expert.

8 songs short of all 5 stars on hard, though.

I have a short learning curve I guess when it comes to using a standard xbox controller to play GH3.

Any of you using a regular controller?
Old 02-04-2008, 01:29 AM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I SUCK at GH3 so bad, i'm like a tarded kid trying to swim for the first time

On a side note - if you have the GH3 wireless controller plugged into your PS3 and you try to play ratchet and clank you'll spend 30 minutes getting pissed off because it wont load; if you disconnect the wireless controller for the guitar it will work fine.
Old 02-04-2008, 02:08 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Try 'Through the Fire and the Flames' on Expert

I'm playing career mode on Expert and have beat 'One' as well as most other songs on Expert, its pretty easy after Solo A. But I literally can't even last until 2% on 'TTFATF' that song is ridiculous
Old 02-06-2008, 10:08 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm moderately good at hard now, a few days away from beating the game. One of my friends cousins came over, cool kid about 15 years old and he is insane, did One on expert and got 91% and then did TTFATF on expert and got 81%
Old 02-06-2008, 08:40 PM

Originally Posted by iTimmy
I'm moderately good at hard now, a few days away from beating the game. One of my friends cousins came over, cool kid about 15 years old and he is insane, did One on expert and got 91% and then did TTFATF on expert and got 81%

Yeah I know one kid who is also 15yrs old, he plays TTFATF on expert and hits 85% of the notes, I was just able to beat that on Hard this week, lol.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Try 'Through the Fire and the Flames' on Expert

I'm playing career mode on Expert and have beat 'One' as well as most other songs on Expert, its pretty easy after Solo A. But I literally can't even last until 2% on 'TTFATF' that song is ridiculous
Yeah, I must say GH3 is pretty challenging.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by used fleshlight
I SUCK at GH3 so bad, i'm like a tarded kid trying to swim for the first time

On a side note - if you have the GH3 wireless controller plugged into your PS3 and you try to play ratchet and clank you'll spend 30 minutes getting pissed off because it wont load; if you disconnect the wireless controller for the guitar it will work fine.

Use a standard PS3 controller, its pretty easy, no strumming involved.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:18 PM
Safety Car

^^^ I don't know about the PS3, but on the 360, some songs are impossible with the controller on Hard and Expert levels. This is because the notes come so fast and are so close together, there is no way anyone could mash the buttons that fast. Strumming is the only way to get through the fast sections.
Old 02-07-2008, 04:48 PM
Advanced

Yeah I have tried using the controller after playing with the guitar and it just takes away a lot of the fun. . . . but when I do play with a guitar I find it much easier playing piano style, even though my friends call it cheating . . .
Old 02-07-2008, 05:54 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Can you play GH3 with just the wiimote? sounds like it would be really hard.
Old 02-09-2008, 11:05 PM

^^^ I don't know about the PS3, but on the 360, some songs are impossible with the controller on Hard and Expert levels. This is because the notes come so fast and are so close together, there is no way anyone could mash the buttons that fast. Strumming is the only way to get through the fast sections.

You'll get better as you practice more, but I'm close to 5 starring every song on Hard, so far I'm 7 songs short. The controller does suck on repeated notes, for instance Barracuda and Knights of Cydonia are tough. However, when it comes time to hammer on a controller really shines, I don't know I still have fun playing GH3, I guess I enjoy trying to get those achievements.

I've also managed to gold star 3 songs on Expert, I need 20 for the achievement, I know 3 more that I should be able to gold star the rest will be really tough.