Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Forza Motorsports OWNS!!!!!!

Old 05-30-2005, 03:43 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Forza Motorsports OWNS!!!!!!

I have been playing forza for a few weeks and like it WAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better then GT4. Now I am sure there are a lot of people who will bag on it about not having as much graphics or cars but meh thats not a big deal. Forza is a bit more challenging to me seeing that if you hit a wall you fuck your car up plus they have ferraris and porches

Maybe because I don't have a steering wheel for GT4 or maybe because I am not a die hard driving sim fan but just in general I would take forza and have more fun with forza then I ever did with GT4
Old 05-30-2005, 03:47 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I rented an xbox and forza this weekend and really enjoyed it. It makes me want to get a console now.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,347 Likes on 5,257 Posts
damn I really need to try Forza first hand.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:16 PM
MSZ
Lola

Received 257 Likes on 150 Posts
WHO GIVES A FUCK?

We got millions of Forza vs GT4 threads already.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
forza=arcade
gt4=simulator

make your pick and be happy with it.....

glad you like it. I'm not a fan.
Old 05-30-2005, 04:35 PM
Just the facts...

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mike, I thought you gave up the Xbox for school again???
Old 05-30-2005, 04:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Big Nasty
by Forza

Old 05-30-2005, 06:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Zapata
forza=arcade
gt4=simulator

Completely wrong. Both games are simulators.

PGR or Burnout are Arcade Racing games
Old 05-30-2005, 09:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Big Nasty
yea thats what i heard
Old 05-30-2005, 11:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
forza=arcade
gt4=simulator

Was Forza too hard for you :gheylaugh:

I love the freakin game.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:14 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Was Forza too hard for you :gheylaugh:

I love the freakin game.

training wheels------->

it's an evolution you'll get it some day
Old 05-30-2005, 11:33 PM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by MSZ
WHO GIVES A FUCK?

We got millions of Forza vs GT4 threads already.
There are? <---not sarcasm, thats why I made this post I thought there were not other posts except for one and that one didn't really say it.

As for GT4 being a sim, me and my friend agree Forza is a bit more realistic. I am no scientists nor care about frame rate or other crap so maybe thats why I feel it's more realistic.

Me studying...Memorial day weekend BITCH! Only reason I am playing really and this whole weekend me and my boy have been playing and beating games since we don't really have much time too. So yess I will be giving up again you fag

BTW I thought my first post sounded respectful enough not to sound like I am bashing GT4. I like GT4 but I think Forza doesn't get enough respect and people might not try it. Just trying to get the masses onto the revolution that hey there are games out there you might enjoy better then GT4
Old 05-30-2005, 11:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Dont mind the GT4 sack riders, they are insecure so they have to piss on every Forza thread.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:17 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
Dont mind the GT4 sack riders, they are insecure so they have to piss on every Forza thread.

Old 05-31-2005, 12:27 AM
MSZ
Lola

Originally Posted by JesusJuice
There are? <---not sarcasm, thats why I made this post I thought there were not other posts except for one and that one didn't really say it.

As for GT4 being a sim, me and my friend agree Forza is a bit more realistic. I am no scientists nor care about frame rate or other crap so maybe thats why I feel it's more realistic.

Me studying...Memorial day weekend BITCH! Only reason I am playing really and this whole weekend me and my boy have been playing and beating games since we don't really have much time too. So yess I will be giving up again you fag

BTW I thought my first post sounded respectful enough not to sound like I am bashing GT4. I like GT4 but I think Forza doesn't get enough respect and people might not try it. Just trying to get the masses onto the revolution that hey there are games out there you might enjoy better then GT4
^ This post explained why most xbox fans are completely blind.

Forza has only one element that is more realistic than GT4: Engine sound, I admit that. But otherwise, this game blows. Saying Forza being a sim is a joke, this game is none better than PGR 2.

Even Enthusia got more realistic handling than Forza, as Zapata said its too arcade-ish.(I bet you have never heard about Enthusia since its a PS2 game)

I say both GT4 and Forza aren't good enough to be a sim. But GT4 definitely got a upper hand on the realism side.
Old 05-31-2005, 05:36 AM
LOLZ McCain Sux

Originally Posted by MSZ

Forza has only one element that is more realistic than GT4: Engine sound, I admit that. But otherwise, this game blows. Saying Forza being a sim is a joke, this game is none better than PGR 2.

Even Enthusia got more realistic handling than Forza, as Zapata said its too arcade-ish.(I bet you have never heard about Enthusia since its a PS2 game)

I say both GT4 and Forza aren't good enough to be a sim. But GT4 definitely got a upper hand on the realism side.

I have both systems and all 3 games, don't most people on this board have both systems?

The reason I like Forza is I am not a hard core gamer and I can always pick it up and drive pretty damn good. As for it being realistic...Ummm in reality I have never driven a 800 hp Viper, Skyline, or Lemans car so ummm couldn't tell ya how realistic the game is. All I know is forza is more fun and it is far from an Arcade game. I hate PGR and don't think Forza is even close. Its an all around fun game to play

PS This isn't I hate GT4 thread being that I have GT2,3,4 and play all three up until recently, I can say its a great game. The reason I bring up Forza is that it is also a damn good game and life doesn't end at GT series...
Old 05-31-2005, 11:00 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 337 Likes on 244 Posts
Originally Posted by MSZ

How can people get on Forza when GT4 cars all have invisible forcesheilds that keep them from getting damaged and behaving accordingly

If you want to play a "simulation" then wouldn't your cars also take damage when you hit the walls or other cars

Plus add the online capabilities of Forza and you have a winner, but don't take my word for it, read two dozen reviews that say the same...
Old 05-31-2005, 11:43 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

damage is a tired and lame argument. In competitive races in GT4, running off the track and/or hitting a wall will results in a lost race....no question about it. To say that's an advantage is weak.

Perhaps, if the damage required funds to fix after the race were over etc., then PERHAPS.....but it doesn't so stop it. Use the online argument....but honestly, the car looks like it crashed position doesn't hold any water.
Old 05-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
damage is a tired and lame argument. In competitive races in GT4, running off the track and/or hitting a wall will results in a lost race....no question about it. To say that's an advantage is weak.

Perhaps, if the damage required funds to fix after the race were over etc., then PERHAPS.....but it doesn't so stop it. Use the online argument....but honestly, the car looks like it crashed position doesn't hold any water.

actually, you do lose credits when you sustain damage. the more damage to have, the more credits are taken away.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:06 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Silver™
How can people get on Forza when GT4 cars all have invisible forcesheilds that keep them from getting damaged and behaving accordingly

If you want to play a "simulation" then wouldn't your cars also take damage when you hit the walls or other cars

Plus add the online capabilities of Forza and you have a winner, but don't take my word for it, read two dozen reviews that say the same...

don't worry about it - no matter what you say GT4 can do no wrong.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

In GT4 hitting the wall does not mean you lose the race on a multi-lap race because you car amazing invincible to damage. Plus car to car damage in Forza. That is realism, that is what a simulator is.

But hey if you like driving offline with cars that have magic force shields then

But the dozens of (professional) reviewers who feel that Forza is equal or superior to GT4 can't all be wrong.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by cmark

Forza vs. GT4 is worse than Bush vs. Kerry.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:41 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

actually, you do lose credits when you sustain damage. the more damage to have, the more credits are taken away.

sure thing but in the end does it REALLY matter? No....
Old 05-31-2005, 12:42 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

of course it does. When's the last time you've run f1 race and won when hitting the wall??

i don't make my evaluations based on "group think"........well of course we know your position on the entire daily talking points....

In GT4 hitting the wall does not mean you lose the race on a multi-lap race because you car amazing invincible to damage. Plus car to car damage in Forza. That is realism, that is what a simulator is.

But hey if you like driving offline with cars that have magic force shields then

But the dozens of (professional) reviewers who feel that Forza is equal or superior to GT4 can't all be wrong.
Old 05-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

talk about the actualy negatives of GT4 not the mag review, fanboy damage modeling etc., It's seems to be the only thing anybody can focus on when talking about Forza.

btw....entire time forza has been out, how many people have posted their online gaming reviews, experiences etc,.? 0 to date on this board..... proving my point. Aside from the WOW this is such a cool game, i have this and GT4 and Forza is better posts what can be said about the game....not much according to the reviews.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Drifting

sure thing but in the end does it REALLY matter? No....
You are absolutely correct - none of these agruments matter at all. These pissing matches are quite old. I really don't care if you don't like Forza - it doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

However, I simply responded to your statement about how damage modeling effects the game because it was obvious that you didn't know.

Old 05-31-2005, 01:15 PM
Moderator Alumnus

of course it does. When's the last time you've run f1 race and won when hitting the wall??

Most races are not 3 lap F1 races.

Smack into the wall in a 5-10 lap race and take no damage and you can still pull of a victory using GT4's magic force shields. Not the same in a simulator like Forza.

i don't make my evaluations based on "group think"........well of course we know your position on the entire daily talking points....

But it should put your evaluation into perspective, unless everyone else besides you GT4 fanboys is wrong...
Old 05-31-2005, 01:17 PM
Senior Moderator

Old 05-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

btw....entire time forza has been out, how many people have posted their online gaming reviews, experiences etc,.? 0 to date on this board..... proving my point.

Maybe because Forza owners would rather play the game than post about it and have a circle jerk

Try Forza online and tell me if it isn't damn cool
Old 05-31-2005, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Maybe because Forza owners would rather play the game than post about it and have a circle jerk

Try Forza online and tell me if it isn't damn cool
such a predictable comeback. I have posted a LOT about GT4. That must mean I'm not playing it, right? Wrong. The answer is, I would be scared to know how many total hours I've spent playing GT4... Downright scared. It is a procrastination machine.

ok so - how many approx. hours have you and others logged playing Forza online? Why isn't anyone setting up races against each other here? If GT4 had online mode there would be a rampant online competition thread going on right here. Similar to SOCOM or Halo threads... What's the deal? Why aren't you guys organizing any online competitions against each other here? Just curious. Very curious.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:34 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by srika
such a predictable comeback. I have posted a LOT about GT4. That must mean I'm not playing it, right? Wrong. The answer is, I would be scared to know how many total hours I've spent playing GT4... Downright scared. It is a procrastination machine.

ok so - how many approx. hours have you and others logged playing Forza online? Why isn't anyone setting up races against each other here? If GT4 had online mode there would be a rampant online competition thread going on right here. Similar to SOCOM or Halo threads... What's the deal? Why aren't you guys organizing any online competitions against each other here? Just curious. Very curious.

I for one am still getting used to the game (cars/tracks), but the online mode means that this game has infinite possibilities even after I reach 100%. The dozen or so races I have played have been great, cool to have real human competition.

But hey you wanted to be a mod so bad, why don't you organize some online Forza races
Old 05-31-2005, 01:40 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

riiiiiiiight..... ok.

i'm looking forward to....whoa this game is so cool, this game rocks, forza rules threads....oh so imformative.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:42 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

right yea, so it's plainly obvious that you've never run competitive races in GT4 or GT3 for that matter.

Most races are not 3 lap F1 races.

Smack into the wall in a 5-10 lap race and take no damage and you can still pull of a victory using GT4's magic force shields. Not the same in a simulator like Forza.

But it should put your evaluation into perspective, unless everyone else besides you GT4 fanboys is wrong...
Old 05-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

And for some added perspective, online racing has been around on the PC for six or seven years now.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:43 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

if people don't like the discussion then don't participate. that is all. Having played both games i have my preference and am making my case.

You are absolutely correct - none of these agruments matter at all. These pissing matches are quite old. I really don't care if you don't like Forza - it doesn't hurt my feelings at all.

However, I simply responded to your statement about how damage modeling effects the game because it was obvious that you didn't know.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:47 PM
Senior Moderator

I for one am still getting used to the game (cars/tracks), but the online mode means that this game has infinite possibilities even after I reach 100%. The dozen or so races I have played have been great, cool to have real human competition.

But hey you wanted to be a mod so bad, why don't you organize some online Forza races
ok well I would hope to see some online racing going on here at some point. If I had Forza, I would be organizing online races here. Kinda hard to do if you don't have the game (or system).
Old 05-31-2005, 01:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

right yea, so it's plainly obvious that you've never run competitive races in GT4 or GT3 for that matter.

Well too bad GT4 doesn't even offer an online capability because I would intentionally crash into a wall using my magic force shield and still catch up to you and beat you.
Old 05-31-2005, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Billiam
And for some added perspective, online racing has been around on the PC for six or seven years now.
- longer. I used to play IndyCar Racing online in '96 using direct modem-to-modem dialup connection. It wasn't the prettiest experience, but it was playable.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:07 PM
Drifting

if people don't like the discussion then don't participate. that is all. Having played both games i have my preference and am making my case.
Actually, the pissing matches are actually pretty entertaining because of the loyalties to the games/systems. It was particularly funny that someone came into this "Forza owns" thread just to say "Who gives a fuck?". Nice.

Anway, I was compelled to participate when someone says something that is incorrect.

When you got up said...

Perhaps, if the damage required funds to fix after the race were over etc., then PERHAPS.....but it doesn't so stop it.
...I had to correct you with the facts. Don't take it as a personal attack because it's not. You said you played the game but you must not have played it in Career Mode to have seen that there is indeed a reason why damage does play a role in the overall gameplay.

Bash Forza all you want, but make sure you bash it with accurate information.
Old 05-31-2005, 02:40 PM
MSZ
Lola

Yea right, not to mention those biased reviews are actually paid by Microsoft Corp.

Why don't you do some research and what the real reviews looked like?

MSZ, who is amazed by the xbox fanboys' ignorant.

Quick Reply: Forza Motorsports OWNS!!!!!!