Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

Forza Motorsports OWNS!!!!!!

Old 06-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Registered AssHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah!
Old 06-01-2005, 04:41 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,347 Likes on 5,257 Posts
Originally Posted by Lung Fu Mo Shi
Yeah!
nothing like drama in an Xbox thread, eh guy?
Old 06-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I own both games. They are both fantastic, great graphics, fun to play, etc.. Having said this, all things considered, I personally prefer Forza. The damage is a factor for me. The online play is another factor. Other little things, like how Forza provides the proper racing lines, has shorter load times, and allows you to customize the soundtrack, all make the game as a whole seem more appealing to me. I can see how hardcore racing enthusiasts may prefer GT4. Me personally, when I play Forza, it feels like I'm playing a game. When I play GT4, it almost feels like I'm taking a test. Its almost a little too intense for me. But like I said, both are great games. Arguing over which is better is pointless. Its all a matter of opinion, and once thats been established, nobodys opinion will be changed by anything posted here. Just my
Old 06-01-2005, 06:25 PM
Registered AssHat

You got owned!
Registered AssHat

You tell it!
Registered AssHat

How lame.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:26 PM
Registered AssHat

You guys (on both sides of the argument) = well...you already know.

Bye now.
Old 06-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadzilla
I own both games. They are both fantastic, great graphics, fun to play, etc.. Having said this, all things considered, I personally prefer Forza. The damage is a factor for me. The online play is another factor. Other little things, like how Forza provides the proper racing lines, has shorter load times, and allows you to customize the soundtrack, all make the game as a whole seem more appealing to me. I can see how hardcore racing enthusiasts may prefer GT4. Me personally, when I play Forza, it feels like I'm playing a game. When I play GT4, it almost feels like I'm taking a test. Its almost a little too intense for me. But like I said, both are great games. Arguing over which is better is pointless. Its all a matter of opinion, and once thats been established, nobodys opinion will be changed by anything posted here. Just my
Reading your review, would it be safe to say that you feel GT4 is more of a simulator (other than damage) when it comes to actual driving?
Old 06-01-2005, 06:41 PM
Senior Moderator

hey Lung Fu Mo Shi - crack killz.

make a note.
Old 06-01-2005, 07:13 PM
Registered AssHat

Originally Posted by srika
hey Lung Fu Mo Shi - crack killz.

make a note.
Got it.

Old 06-01-2005, 08:17 PM
Suzuka Master

race lines in forza, and replay with suspenion, lateral G, spring shock rate ... i think forza does more calculations than gt4
Old 06-01-2005, 08:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Shadzilla
If thats the case then i might want to try GT4 out. Who wants to trade systems with me
Old 06-01-2005, 10:21 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS
race lines in forza, and replay with suspenion, lateral G, spring shock rate ... i think forza does more calculations than gt4
In GT4 you can adjust several suspension settings and there's a G meter under your speedometer on the screen.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
If thats the case then i might want to try GT4 out. Who wants to trade systems with me
I'll do it. I'll love to try out Forza. And you can try out GT4.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:13 AM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
check out this bad boy

http://www.vrx.ca/products_vrx.php
Old 06-02-2005, 12:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by cmark
check out this bad boy

http://www.vrx.ca/products_vrx.php
damn that is sweet. too bad it probably costs like, 50 million dollars. CDN.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:10 AM
Registered AssHat

damn that is sweet. too bad it probably costs like, 50 million dollars. CDN.
That's about $3.75 USD.
Old 06-02-2005, 09:44 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by NOVAwhiteTypeS

- you can turn race lines on and off in...ifyou need to race with them on during an actual race.....

- lateral G....GT4 has that

- spring bound, rebound, camber, toe, height all available in GT4

- more calculations....what you are u basing this on?
Old 06-02-2005, 09:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
I'll do it. I'll love to try out Forza. And you can try out GT4.
bring it bish, as long as your controller isnt sticky.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:33 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Crazy Sellout
bring it bish, as long as your controller isnt sticky.
ditto x100
Old 06-02-2005, 12:29 PM
Safety Car

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Doom878
Reading your review, would it be safe to say that you feel GT4 is more of a simulator (other than damage) when it comes to actual driving?
I don't know, thats a tough call. Everything else aside, the actually driving aspect of both games is pretty intense. I'm not an expert so I couldn't tell you which game's physics engine is more accurate. I can tell you that Forza is much more involved than Project Gotham Racing, Need for Speed, or any of the other racing franchises on Xbox (maybe with the exception of TOCA). It also seems to me that GT4 really drills all the proper racing skills into you (i.e. by giving you the tutorials, making you pass the licensing tests, etc..) IMO Forza is an easier game than GT4. Some people may construe that to mean its not as accurate a simulator. But its too close for me to give a definitive answer.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:17 PM
Team Owner

GT4 is easy. I'm already at 76%.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:39 PM
aka davo-tsx

Originally Posted by Zapata
- you can turn race lines on and off in...ifyou need to race with them on during an actual race.....

- lateral G....GT4 has that

- spring bound, rebound, camber, toe, height all available in GT4

- more calculations....what you are u basing this on?
Forza has more ways to tweak the cars performance than GT4. Can you make caster adjustments in GT4...I think not. You also have more than just brake bias. You can adjust brake pressure before lockup and the e-brake rate. Tire pressure is also adjustable. You can buy lightweight hoods, wings, and body spoilers from actual manufacturers that actually make a diffence in handling. I was a hardcore GT4 fan until I played Forza. I haven't fired up GT4 for about a month now. The G meter in GT4 is useless, admit it.

The Nurburing in Forza is 100x better than GT4. When you come off the long straight and make the right turn in front of the pits, you can see the F1 track just on the other side of the fence. There are signs on the track (in German) for the side roads that turn off of the track. GT4 can't match that realism on this one.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:50 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

GT4 has weight reduction package as well. Makes a difference whenever I race. Caster, TP, BP, E GT4 doesn't have but brake bias, weight distribution etc., is included. G meter is useless all around. What does it matter? In the end...i'm racing with Logitech GT4 steering wheel so brake sensitivity etc., are useless to me. Ultimately do the settings available in the game allow adjustability to perfect the tuning? Yes for both Forza and GT4. It's a wash...

German road signs? I don't read german and moreover, I'm not spending time reading the signs while i'm racing. The track look and feel are nearly perfect....in the end that's what matters. 100x better i'd like for each of those 100% to be quantified....

Originally Posted by davo-cls
Forza has more ways to tweak the cars performance than GT4. Can you make caster adjustments in GT4...I think not. You also have more than just brake bias. You can adjust brake pressure before lockup and the e-brake rate. Tire pressure is also adjustable. You can buy lightweight hoods, wings, and body spoilers from actual manufacturers that actually make a diffence in handling. I was a hardcore GT4 fan until I played Forza. I haven't fired up GT4 for about a month now. The G meter in GT4 is useless, admit it.

The Nurburing in Forza is 100x better than GT4. When you come off the long straight and make the right turn in front of the pits, you can see the F1 track just on the other side of the fence. There are signs on the track (in German) for the side roads that turn off of the track. GT4 can't match that realism on this one.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:04 PM
Team Owner

That's pretty detailed. I'd probably mess with the brake pressure and e-brake rate. The mods from manufactuerers is a neat feature. The rest of the stuff I probably wouldn't mess with.

Irrelevant to the question but interesting to know.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Drifting

As much as I like Forza, the 'Ring in Forza is a joke.. It's totally inaccurate in terms of the overall length of the course.

Simple test:
The 'ring is roughly 13.5 miles. It means if you drive at 60 mph for 13.5 minutes, you will finish a lap. Try doing that in Forza, it will take you much much longer.

Last edited by sipark; 06-02-2005 at 03:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

"GT4 has detailed data."

"No, Forza has detailed data."

:gheylaugh:

These are the types of things I have available. And this is maybe 1/3 of what's there. Apologies for the crappy image quality. I had to lift them out of a PDF.

MoTec1
MoTec2
MoTec3
MoTec4

And yes, I know it's not a terribly valid comparison but I just had to that neither GT4 nor Forza are "sliced bread" when it comes to telemetry.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Billiam
"GT4 has detailed data."

"No, Forza has detailed data."

:gheylaugh:

These are the types of things I have available. And this is maybe 1/3 of what's there. Apologies for the crappy image quality. I had to lift them out of a PDF.

MoTec1
MoTec2
MoTec3
MoTec4

And yes, I know it's not a terribly valid comparison but I just had to that neither GT4 nor Forza are "sliced bread" when it comes to telemetry.
hey now... no fair. GT4 has a lap analyzer that shows you graphically what your speeds are at each of the turns - useful if you're into the technical stuff like that. I just go by the lap and sector times

GTR is great but - not enough tracks!!! Spa is good but I want the others. Road Atlanta - I need to get RA I know it is available. The other tracks... eh. I am just not getting into them. Maybe I need to try them some more but I need like, Laguna and such.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:11 PM
Big Block go VROOOM!

GTR is great but - not enough tracks!!! Spa is good but I want the others. Road Atlanta - I need to get RA I know it is available. The other tracks... eh. I am just not getting into them. Maybe I need to try them some more but I need like, Laguna and such.
With the conversions going on, there's getting to be plenty out there now. I think I PM'd you the links for Imola (recently updated, BTW), Road America, and Watkins Glen. There's also a Norwegian track called Moirana that's really great. Laguna Seca, and Lime Rock have also recently been released. I'll PM you linkage for those when I get a chance (probably tomorrow night). There are several others also available but these are sort of the "upper echelon" conversions.
Old 06-02-2005, 04:27 PM
Senior Moderator

With the conversions going on, there's getting to be plenty out there now. I think I PM'd you the links for Imola (recently updated, BTW), Road America, and Watkins Glen. There's also a Norwegian track called Moirana that's really great. Laguna Seca, and Lime Rock have also recently been released. I'll PM you linkage for those when I get a chance (probably tomorrow night). There are several others also available but these are sort of the "upper echelon" conversions.
sweet - Laguna Seca is all I needed to hear. I guess I'm just being impatient. It's an incredible game, I just need more seat time with it.

we should try it online sometime.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:27 PM
Senior Moderator

ok I've added some tracks. Imola is amazing. It is listed as "photorealistic" and it does look quite realistic.

And also, a beta version of Nurburgring was released 3 days ago!! the file download is 30MB!!! that is insane for just a track. And, this is not the 13mile version but the GT track.

Get it here!

http://www.team-gsmf.com/?action=down
Old 06-03-2005, 12:14 AM
Senior Moderator

btw... found an interesting read over at Race Sim Central.... is it true that the Nurburgring, along with all the other tracks in Forza, don't have any bumps? So, you can't feel the suspension travel and feel the instability at the track when you're doing like 220mph down the final straight, for instance?

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=205946

What good is all the various suspension adjustments and such, if the tracks don't support them?

Might I add, this guy does seem to be unbiased (or at least not favoritist) in his review, as he issues forth a good number of negatives about GT4...
Old 06-03-2005, 12:42 AM
Senior Moderator

some solid tangible info about Forza online mode:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=208955

looks like some people are having fun with it, some people aren't having much fun with it.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:35 AM
Senior Moderator

I got Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Road America, Mugello, Imola, Watkins Glen, and some others. I'm quite happy now.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:25 AM
Big Block go VROOOM!

I got Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Road America, Mugello, Imola, Watkins Glen, and some others. I'm quite happy now.
If Moirana wasn't among "some others" then definitely go get that one. It's a fantastic drive. Probably one of my top three favorite tracks now. You should be able to find it by searching in the GTR tracks sub-forum on RSC.
Old 06-03-2005, 08:00 AM
Team Owner

some solid tangible info about Forza online mode:

http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=208955

looks like some people are having fun with it, some people aren't having much fun with it.
Now that's how you debate between GT4 and Forza. Lots of valid points. And it's very true how in GT4 you got 4 idiots and 1 god against you. One guy said that GT4 is a better time trial game while Forza is a better vs. racer game. That's probably derived from the unrealistic bumps from GT4 but his opinion of superior track physics. I gotta rent Forza already. I'm almost done with GT4 anyways.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Doom878
Now that's how you debate between GT4 and Forza. Lots of valid points. And it's very true how in GT4 you got 4 idiots and 1 god against you. One guy said that GT4 is a better time trial game while Forza is a better vs. racer game. That's probably derived from the unrealistic bumps from GT4 but his opinion of superior track physics. I gotta rent Forza already. I'm almost done with GT4 anyways.
I just thought of something. I don't really "consider" the AI in GT4. I don't really "consider" the AI in ANY game. When I am playing competitively, it's ALWAYS against friends. Sure for the various license tests and such, the AI is giving you a challenge - but still - I don't "consider" it to be anything.

Same goes for other games like Unreal, Halo, etc. Who plays these games against AI? That has got to be like the most boring thing ever. The story mode or whatever in Halo?? Yeah I never play that. I tried once, it was so damn boring I couldn't believe it. Unreal with AI is pointless.

Gotta say though, the AI in GTR is quite good... I love how lots of PC games have a separate AI section or settings for making sometimes even intricate adjustments to their seeming prowess...

So my point is, for someone to say the AI in GT4 sucks, my answer is, well, YEAH?? I guess it SHOULD be better - but I don't care - I'll continue to have satisfying racing challenges against friends.... and take the AI as a grain of salt.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:49 AM
Drifting

Does GT4 have Drivatar? I was having fun with it last night...now i figure out how everyone puts up such low #'s..
Old 06-03-2005, 10:52 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

see this AI business is kinda lame. Everbody has a choice how much to mod their cars. ASpec points usually reflect ability to win a race. You can make it tough for yoursef if you want.

I just thought of something. I don't really "consider" the AI in GT4. I don't really "consider" the AI in ANY game. When I am playing competitively, it's ALWAYS against friends. Sure for the various license tests and such, the AI is giving you a challenge - but still - I don't "consider" it to be anything.

Same goes for other games like Unreal, Halo, etc. Who plays these games against AI? That has got to be like the most boring thing ever. The story mode or whatever in Halo?? Yeah I never play that. I tried once, it was so damn boring I couldn't believe it. Unreal with AI is pointless.

Gotta say though, the AI in GTR is quite good... I love how lots of PC games have a separate AI section or settings for making sometimes even intricate adjustments to their seeming prowess...

So my point is, for someone to say the AI in GT4 sucks, my answer is, well, YEAH?? I guess it SHOULD be better - but I don't care - I'll continue to have satisfying racing challenges against friends.... and take the AI as a grain of salt.
Old 06-03-2005, 11:17 AM
Senior Moderator

If Moirana wasn't among "some others" then definitely go get that one. It's a fantastic drive. Probably one of my top three favorite tracks now. You should be able to find it by searching in the GTR tracks sub-forum on RSC.
it wasn't.... I will get it pronto.

I think the 575 is a bit much for Lime Rock, lol.. LR is better for the GT450 class cars.

Quick Reply: Forza Motorsports OWNS!!!!!!