Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

Old 04-08-2004 | 09:17 AM
The Creator

ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

Alright so we all know what did/didn't happen.

We had a CLOSE game, much closer than it should of been. Everyone is on edge from that to begin with.

The major event of the night is the team killing that occured between PHiL2 and AznGangsta.

Here are my observations of the night and our discussions since.

1. SilverSoCal should not have sat out the 1st match. Silver was acting clan leader and should of been present for at least the first match.

2. Smitty should not of sat out the second match. The VIP of the first game should not be asked to leave. The VIP should not voluntarily leave unless they have a pressing issue. The player with the poorest performance should voluntarily step out if there is a need to do so.

3. I have heard discussion that people who act innapropriately should be Voted Out of the game. I don't agree.
Unless the person is a continual detriment to the team (across multiple rounds) they should not be voted out. Being down one person can easily cost a match.
We CANNOT under GB rules SUBSTITUTE a player once a game has begun. This means we cannot vote off George to bring in John. If we did so we would be automatically forfeiting the game.

4. Onto Phil & Azn.

The only story that is making complete sense, and thus the story we will deem official without any input from Azn.

"Azn was acting innappropriately, firing wildly, being a nuisance. Phil shot at him. Azn killed Phil for shooting him."

Who started it? Tough to say. You could say Azn's behavior is at fault. You could say Phil could of avoided it by not shooting him at all. You could say Azn should not have retaliated against Phil.

I am dissapointed by all of this.

----- soopa's rant
What I am most dissapointed by is Phil's fabrications. Phil, between witness accounts to your testimony on the mic last night, the chat room last night, our instant messages last night, your posts in this forum, and then your IM's with me this morning, I have heard a minimum of THREE CONFLICTING stories by you. Meanwhile witness accounts are mostly consistent.

There should be no lying to each other. There should be no covering ones ass.

If someone makes a mistake they should own up to it and apologize.
----

They both acted like children, alas, Azn is a child, Phil should behave like an adult.

There are two reasons this incident is serious.
1. We were in a registered game battle.
2. This occured on the FINAL ROUND of a tied game.

My ruling:

Some have asked me privately to remove Phil, some have asked me to remove Azn, some have said to just reprimand and let it go.

I do not feel this event, and the subsequent outcome, warrant drastic action.

Azn: This is a child. Despite that he is one of our best players. Besides that, one of our most consistent players. He plays regularly and performs well regularly.

Azn should not be allowed to play in ANY battle that I am not present. Being as he has no ties to any of you outside of the game (forums or in person) he does not understand that there are consequences to his actions if he disobeys any of your orders.

99.9% of the time he will listen to me and do as I instruct. Therefore DO NOT LET AZN PLAY IF I AM NOT THERE.

Phil: Tho I feel Azn instigated the incident, I feel Phil is at fault for escalating it. Phil is a 27? year old man. Azn is a 12 year old child. It is Phil's responsibility to behave like an adult. At the same time, I can understand why Phil would of WANTED to act like he did... I just don't understand why he actually went through with it.

Phil is at most a decent player, but he plays regularly. This is why I continue to see him as an asset at this point. For many weeks he headed our advice after his former incidents and has behaved accordingly.

Perhaps Phil, in my absence, thought he was free to behave wildly as he did formerly. But like I said, previous to this he had been playing to spec with our earlier complaints. Phil is an adult, and as an adult I hope he is able to take this as a lesson.

Beyond that, at the disgression of those playing on any given night, Phil is subject to the same probation as Azn. Phil should not be allowed to play in REGISTERED game battles when I am absent unless the veteran members online at the time allow it.

5. Conclusion

- Azn is not to play in registered battles if I am not there.

- Phil is not to play in registered battles unless majority allows and his behavior improves.

- We are not to vote off any member during a registered match unless they are a detriment to the team over 2+ rounds.

- We are FORBIDDEN from substituting a player DURING a match by GB rules.

- The acting CAPTAIN/LEADER on any given night IS NOT to sit out.

- The player with the poorest performance is to VOLUNTEER their seat to a stand in.

- The player with the best performance should not leave unless they have to for outside reasons. The player with the best performance should never be asked to leave.
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:20 AM
The Creator

Besides that, I am glad to see we were able to perform as a team for the most part in the absence of an official figure head.

I'm glad to see that mostly everyone continued to perform in a high pressure situation.

Good job guys!

At worst we learned from the situation. It makes us stronger.
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Well stated Soop.. Can we make it a rule that the worst performance based on least amount of kills and most amount of deaths(tiebreaker) sits out the next round, if someone is waiting to play. And also First come first serve stays.. And the other rules you set as at the very least there should always be a leader / co-leader present..
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:46 AM
Senior Moderator

Also this should be the LAST WARNING to all about team killing.. Whether it's myself or any other it should be a automatic suspension for 3 matches..
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:50 AM
still a Masshole

Just from my observations I wouldn't say Azn is one of our top players. He is good no doubt but I think he is on par with players like myself, Phil, berner, zap, smitty (although smitty is a little better than the rest mentioned and could be considered with our top players). On the other hand our "best players" are soopa, jonesi, steve, andrew, silver, and ted. I don't mind having Azn on our team (although he can be annoying...just like any other kid) but lets not give him too much credit. Phil played well in the first game so thats all I can contribute.
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:52 AM
The Creator

see, personally I think Azn is better than me.

at least more consistent.
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:52 AM
The Creator

and Jonesi I'm with you on all points.

least kills most deaths == poorest performance.
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:55 AM
still a Masshole

Originally posted by Jonesi
Also this should be the LAST WARNING to all about team killing.. Whether it's myself or any other it should be a automatic suspension for 3 matches..
I think that is a little too much considering sometimes we can't get enough people.
Old 04-08-2004 | 09:57 AM
still a Masshole

Originally posted by soopa
see, personally I think Azn is better than me.

at least more consistent.
Thats bullshit and you know it!

And I think we should consider points and not just kills. There is more to it then just killing because on certain missions planting the bomb is just as important (and very dangerous). Like I said in the other thread (and I'm no point whore either) I just think points takes more into consideration.
Old 04-08-2004 | 10:01 AM
The Creator

Originally posted by ferizzo
Thats bullshit and you know it!
I don't see how?

He continually gets more kills than me.

When I face him he continually kills me.

Hes pretty dam good
Old 04-08-2004 | 10:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Azn Ownz Soopa
Old 04-08-2004 | 10:28 AM
Suzuka Master

.... great recap and great outcome..
Old 04-08-2004 | 11:18 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

1. SilverSoCal should not have sat out the 1st match. Silver was acting clan leader and should of been present for at least the first match.

I sat that one out because I knew the other co-leader (steve) was there and I didn't want anyone to feel left out, so I volunteered to sit out one round. I also had no idea ho good those other guys would end up being.
Old 04-08-2004 | 11:24 AM
Senior Moderator

Re: Re: ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

Originally posted by Silver™
I sat that one out because I knew the other co-leader (steve) was there and I didn't want anyone to feel left out, so I volunteered to sit out one round. I also had no idea ho good those other guys would end up being.
I agree 100%, their record didn't serve them proper justice..
Old 04-08-2004 | 11:27 AM
The Creator

Re: Re: ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

steve was only co leader of second roster.

you are coleader of this roster...

plus it was your match! you set it up. lol
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: Re: ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

steve was only co leader of second roster.

you are coleader of this roster...

plus it was your match! you set it up. lol

Ok, in the future I will stick around. I just figured that I should be sure to include everyone (since there were some hurt feelings from the last clan war) and I thought I would set the example by sitting out so everyone could play.
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:07 PM
The Creator

ya its cool. there just needs to be some kinda of leadership/organization...

but i see now where u were coming from.
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:38 PM
still a Masshole

Re: Re: Re: Re: ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

I just figured that I should be sure to include everyone (since there were some hurt feelings from the last clan war) and I thought I would set the example by sitting out so everyone could play.
Nah, keep yo' stank-ass out next time bitch!

Oh and my feelings weren't hurt! :'(
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:49 PM
Banned

heres my 2 cents...

there is no "second roster" anymore so steve is a co-leader of the first roster according to me

soopa definitly is better than azn--rank?

and good recap even though i dont remeber talking about switching players in the middle of a match but that was just me probably taking a giant shit
Old 04-08-2004 | 12:56 PM
The Creator

Originally posted by mrsteve's bro
and good recap even though i dont remeber talking about switching players in the middle of a match but that was just me probably taking a giant shit
it was in one of the 10 other recaps by other people in this forum.
Old 04-08-2004 | 01:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]

Oh and my feelings weren't hurt! :'(

Sure

Old 04-08-2004 | 01:55 PM
Senior Moderator

So did anybody else besides me lose their minds on Death Trap yesterday.. By about the 10th round I lost it.. Couldn't speak, was running in circles..
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:01 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Jonesi
So did anybody else besides me lose their minds on Death Trap yesterday.. By about the 10th round I lost it.. Couldn't speak, was running in circles..

Yup, their names are Phil and Azn...
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:17 PM
Team Owner

Yup, their names are Phil and Azn...
LOL

Seriously it came down to the last 5 seconds of the tie-breaker round.

I was at the back door of the base, I peeked outside around the corner and saw a Claymore. I said "SHIT! There he is!"

So I rushed out the front door made it all the way around to the back door and capped his ass right in the back with like 4-5 seconds left. *phew*
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by mrsteve
LOL

Seriously it came down to the last 5 seconds of the tie-breaker round.

I was at the back door of the base, I peeked outside around the corner and saw a Claymore. I said "SHIT! There he is!"

So I rushed out the front door made it all the way around to the back door and capped his ass right in the back with like 4-5 seconds left. *phew*

Yea, you won that game for us for sure. Between putting the terrorists in the turret and getting that last guy in the back.

Good job man
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:25 PM
Team Owner

Yea, you won that game for us for sure. Between putting the terrorists in the turret and getting that last guy in the back.

Good job man
And Jonesi wanted me to sit out

I was the player with the worst performance on Blizzard. Although I was on defense alot either camping 1-2 rounds in our bomb building or sniping. I'd stay back, everyone would be OWNED and I'd try and rush out there to help the last 1-2 guys but they'd had 4-5 left still
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:27 PM
Banned

^^^^^^^^^^requiem not blizzard just letting you know
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:28 PM
Team Owner

Originally posted by mrsteve's bro
^^^^^^^^^^requiem not blizzard just letting you know
Oh yeah. You on btw?
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:31 PM
Banned

ya
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:43 PM
Senior Moderator

And Jonesi wanted me to sit out
I didn't mention once for you to sit out....?!?
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:56 PM
The Creator

i think he meant `lowest score sits out`
Old 04-08-2004 | 02:58 PM
Team Owner

i think he meant `lowest score sits out`
Old 04-08-2004 | 03:05 PM
Senior Moderator

I'm confoooosed...
Old 04-08-2004 | 03:11 PM
Moderator Alumnus

I am telling you guys, when jonesi takes one of his smoke breaks it is actually :blaze:

Old 04-08-2004 | 03:22 PM
Senior Moderator

I am telling you guys, when jonesi takes one of his smoke breaks it is actually :blaze:
It's cigaweed maen....!
Old 04-08-2004 | 04:13 PM
still a Masshole

Hey you snooze you lose right? you get your wheels yet you queer!?
Old 04-08-2004 | 04:37 PM
Team Owner

Hey you snooze you lose right? you get your wheels yet you queer!?
Nope.

H&R Sport Springs & Tokico HP Blues installed Wednesday
CT Headers and Exhaust installed Thursday

One step at a time. Although I'm no longer interested in any of those wheels I posted before

I like Rondog's wheels that he is making. There is also a NEW model of 5Zigens that I think are PIMP.
Old 04-08-2004 | 05:20 PM
still a Masshole

Nope.

H&R Sport Springs & Tokico HP Blues installed Wednesday
CT Headers and Exhaust installed Thursday

One step at a time. Although I'm no longer interested in any of those wheels I posted before

I like Rondog's wheels that he is making. There is also a NEW model of 5Zigens that I think are PIMP.
Didn't you say 5zigens were :ghey:

How do you like the headers? I assume you mean you got them installed today or last week? Get an icebox before you get wheels!
Old 04-08-2004 | 06:53 PM
The Creator

you guys are such CL noobies

<hr>

anyway... went for drinks with my boy Mike Roney.... who is Azn's sisters boyfriend. He was watching the game last night.

His story is Azn was being stupid. Trying to shoot out lamps. People told him to stop and then Phil opened the mic and said `im going to shoot you`

Phil ran over to Azn and shot him around the waist....... then Azn killed him.
Old 04-08-2004 | 07:00 PM
Senior Moderator

I was dead but someone should've really stepped up and said stop shooting or else.. There's still no reason for Phil to shoot him and take some of his health away.. That should've been the last result..

Quick Reply: ACL =vs= AOP [OFFICIAL RECAP]