Console & Computer Gaming Latest news in the world of gaming. Xbox One, PS4, and more…

360, PS3: Bioshock **Confirmed for PS3 (page 1)**

Old 08-27-2007, 02:12 PM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Actually Billiam, you're right.

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
When BioShock was released, the client only allowed for two installations and required an Internet connection in order to activate the product. Due to criticism, this limit has been increased to five activations. After the five activation limit is reached, the user must manually activate the product again via telephone support due to a new version of the content protection system known as SecuROM.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:26 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm also playing on normal and it's not that terrible...

I think i'm about 60% of the way through the game now... when I thought I was halfway done I was really more like 25% of the way through - so I definitely have some work ahead of me...

if you're running out of bullets and resources early on in the game you're going to be really screwed as you move on - I've never had a problem with ammo until now....
Old 08-27-2007, 03:38 PM
Smoke free since 2/26/07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^Thanks for the tip. I may re-start tonight on Easy. It seems that every time I encounter a Splicer, I always either get hit at least once if I'm meleeing -OR- I get shot if I'm not using the Plasmid to shock them first. This is almost an automatic thing if I'm faced with multiple Splicers at once. I'm not a newbie to FPS, but this game is seriously quite challenging to me.
Old 08-27-2007, 07:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
man i can't wait to get off of work and start playing.. finally got my desktop rig back running again..
Old 08-30-2007, 03:05 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Agent 47
^Thanks for the tip. I may re-start tonight on Easy. It seems that every time I encounter a Splicer, I always either get hit at least once if I'm meleeing -OR- I get shot if I'm not using the Plasmid to shock them first. This is almost an automatic thing if I'm faced with multiple Splicers at once. I'm not a newbie to FPS, but this game is seriously quite challenging to me.
So after surviving a few more minutes with lacking ammo I got a bunch of cash off a few Big Daddy's and started finding ammo everywhere... but there are still times when I get really low on ammo again, but then after a while i can boost back up fairly well... makes you really think of what ammo you want to use for what enemies...

Spoiler in white text below.... I just finished the part where

you kill Ryan and found out that Atlas is really Fontaine and am trying to save myself from the mind control plasmid...

Definitely an interesting twist that even tho I was expecting a twist I didn't expect it to play out like this... very cool game..

now if i could only dedicate more than one evening / week to play this game!!

Last edited by cibs; 08-30-2007 at 03:07 PM.
Old 08-30-2007, 03:07 PM
Drifting

Also i wonder (spoiler)

if you don't save any of the Little Sisters does Tanenbaum help you after you kill ryan?? or do you have to figure stuff out on your own, it seemed like she was being friendly to me...

I donno tho cuz i've harvested 2 and saved the rest of 'em... maybe that's enough for me to be in good graces?
Old 08-30-2007, 03:42 PM
failhard.

I dunno how you guys can run out of ammo, you must really enjoy spraying the hell out of things. I'm constantly full on pistol, machine gun and shotgun rounds .. I'm only ever scarce on the special ammos. Even my Hypos and First Aid Kits, I constantly have 3 or more, barely less.

Big Daddies are bitches to kill though .. BTW I'm on normal.
Old 08-30-2007, 11:16 PM
Senior Moderator

Playing on normal, no ammo issues so far. I'm not as far as you cibs, but I've harvested every single little sister yet. (5 so far). Moral choice? Kill them all. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:16 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
sucks my 7900gs can't handle it on high settings. even overclocked the sucker and it still can't handle it..

i think im about 40-50% done with the game.. i think.. saved about 7-9 lil sisters so far.. and its hard conserving ammo -_-
the wrench is like my main weapon
Old 09-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Pink things in...

The fiance is playing it right behind me on medium on PC. That shit scares the crap out of me. He's got a 30" LCD.

Looking at big daddies at 30" is insane.
Old 09-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Smoke free since 2/26/07

Hey guys, I'm towards the end of the game; thus, I'm basically skimming through all of your posts to avoid spoilers. Once I beat it, I'll be back

This game is f-ing sweet.
Old 09-01-2007, 02:04 PM
failhard.

Bout 4 days into it, I'm at Hephaestus .. dunno how long I'm into the game, but I have to take breaks every now and then .. the tension of not knowing what's around the corner is too much.

Hacking is starting to be a bitch .. many are not possible to solve, so I just get damaged. =/
Old 09-01-2007, 02:13 PM
intelligentsia

Location: Land of cheap vodka, hot girls, and great nightlife
I beat it yay, however I found saving the little sisters ending to be happy but too short. The ending was a little weak. But still a great game.
Old 09-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Smoke free since 2/26/07

Almost done with it.

Question: What moment in Bioshock would you consider to be as the scariest part in the entire game?
(Spoiler below - Put a spoiler warning in your answers)

To me, it was the part when you first pick up the shotgun and then place just went dark. Holy shit, I had no idea what was going on and that had me on the edge of my seat big time.

Honorable mention: When you first arrive at the Medical Pavilion, had the metal door on the second floor unlocked, and about to head into the Dr. Steinman's facility. You first come across ghost of that Mclintock (sp?) girl I think. She was screaming "MAKE ME PRETTY DOCTOR! MAKE ME PRETTY !!!" Then all the sudden, the door opens, it's dark and then you see writings in blood on the floor. That's when I decided it was enough for the night Man, I love this f-ing game.
Old 09-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SRK85
I beat it yay, however I found saving the little sisters ending to be happy but too short. The ending was a little weak. But still a great game.

play again, not saving them is a different ending.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:27 PM
Race Director

Received 897 Likes on 544 Posts
I am into Neptune's Palace.

This game is freaky.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Senior Moderator

I made it as far as the level after Arcadia (whats it called?) before I had to put it down this morning. Sadly, I tore down my entertainment center setup and piled everything up in the middle of the room in preparation for painting the house.

I think the worst part about no TV for a week is going to be delaying finishing this game. And I am NOT going to do the injustice of playing it on my 'other' TV. (24" CRT). I'll wait for the 50" kthnx.
Old 09-02-2007, 11:50 PM
intelligentsia

I played the last week on crtv, its not that bad.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:23 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Siddig
play again, not saving them is a different ending.

well I harvested 2 and saved the rest and i got the 'crappy' ending...

it's definitely not worth playing again just to see the ending, cuz if you thought the ending was nice when you saved the girls.... it's WAAAY shittier and shorter when you don't save them...

I was actually kinda surprised at how easy it was to kill atlas/fontaine at the end.... got him on the 2nd try, and on the first try i only died cuz I got stuck in a corner...

I was hoping to use up more of all the ammo I had accumulated in that last room before the elevator...

definitely kinda disappointed with the ending but I guess they're leaving it open for a sequel
Old 09-04-2007, 02:49 PM
intelligentsia

Can anyone tell me the ending on harvesting the little girls? Either PM me or white text.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:51 PM
Moderator Alumnus

played through the first chapter or so on normal. This game is the shiz. Especially with 5.1 sound.
Old 09-04-2007, 03:19 PM
Drifting

Spoiler!!!!!

Bad Ending Video....

SPOILER!!!!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_21hbMXvyg

Good ending isn't much longer... but still ok...

either way doesn't change much for the future (in terms of sequels) it just changed the characters future (family vs unleashing the worst the world had)

and yeah the surround sound + large HD tv make this gaming experience absolutely AMAZING
Old 09-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

cant seem to get past the first big daddy. always run out of ammo/eve/health.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:17 AM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
I just finished the game and got the bad ending. I only harvested one of the girls, wtf.

Originally Posted by Dave1668
cant seem to get past the first big daddy. always run out of ammo/eve/health.
The first one is the toughest. If you are out of health/eve you will have to just keep chipping away at him and die a few times. I got a pretty good method by the end... set up a few proximity mines and trip wires in a hallway or something. Then hit him with napalm from a distance and let him run through the hallway to get you. If you do it right you can kill them without going through a bar of health.

That electric gel from the chemical sprayer will take them right down too.

Sweet game, but I guess I should have rented it. Just bought it Saturday and now I'm done with it? I'm not used to games with no online or multiplayer.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:14 AM
sup

woah, that was quick. Did you do a lot of exploring? I'm close to beating the game (I think...in ryan's house or whatever). I really enjoyed it, lots of detail, good story.

Heh, i've saved about 70% of the girls. now that i know you will get the same ending if you kill even one, then ii'll be killing them for the rest in the game

One thing i didn't like is how much i had to freaking hack stuff. what a PITA. I think i spent half my time doing this. I haven't been playing it much though - been pre-occupied with Halo 3
Old 10-04-2007, 11:37 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by ViperrepiV
woah, that was quick. Did you do a lot of exploring? I'm close to beating the game (I think...in ryan's house or whatever). I really enjoyed it, lots of detail, good story.

Heh, i've saved about 70% of the girls. now that i know you will get the same ending if you kill even one, then ii'll be killing them for the rest in the game

One thing i didn't like is how much i had to freaking hack stuff. what a PITA. I think i spent half my time doing this. I haven't been playing it much though - been pre-occupied with Halo 3
are you SURE you're close to finishing the game?
Old 10-04-2007, 11:38 AM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
electro bolt + electric buck shot = made big daddies my bitches
Old 10-04-2007, 11:44 AM
Drifting

You don't have to hack stuff... you can just blow alot of it up...

but yeah I explored ALOT of the game... that's why it took me longer, you can definitely run through the game though and finish it quicker...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:46 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by bkknight369
electro bolt + electric buck shot = made big daddies my bitches
too much work,

proxy mines and wire traps down the hallway are the easiest...

grenade launcher works great too...

did anyone else think that killing atlas at the end was a bit too easy? I got it on my 2nd try...
Old 10-04-2007, 11:47 AM
Yeehaw

^ Yeah I explored every part of every map. I played about 20 hours straight over the weekend

The levels are all fantastic...beautifully put together.

I got really sick of hacking stuff by the end too. I bought as many hack-tools as possible at the U-Invent stations.

I'd give the game 9/10. What keeps it from being a ten IMO:

- I did not like that you have to look directly at something and hit A to pick it up. I feel like I spent half the game looking down at the floor trying to scan corpses. I never once didn't take something... the corpses should just give up their stuff when they are dead, and you should be able to pick it up just by walking over it. Throughout the game I felt all neurotic, flicking the right stick up and down making sure I wasn't missing stuff.

- No rifle. Maybe I'm too used to military FPS games, but I hated when I saw a bad guy/turret in the distance and had no way to kill it without getting up close.

- I didn't see the point to the disjointed map and the magical staircases. I don't think it really added anything to the game, just made me have to pause all the time to use the map and figure out where I was.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:52 AM
Yeehaw

Originally Posted by cibs
You don't have to hack stuff... you can just blow alot of it up...

but yeah I explored ALOT of the game... that's why it took me longer, you can definitely run through the game though and finish it quicker...
I could have been done the first day if I just ran through it. I made sure to cover every inch of the map... the extra stuff hidden all over helps out a lot.

Originally Posted by cibs
did anyone else think that killing atlas at the end was a bit too easy? I got it on my 2nd try...

Yep. I got him first try and only used two first aid packs. If you just keep moving in a circle everything he throws at you misses.

Although that was on medium difficulty, maybe its more entertaining on difficult.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by BEETROOT
^ Yeah I explored every part of every map. I played about 20 hours straight over the weekend

The levels are all fantastic...beautifully put together.

I got really sick of hacking stuff by the end too. I bought as many hack-tools as possible at the U-Invent stations.

I'd give the game 9/10. What keeps it from being a ten IMO:

- I did not like that you have to look directly at something and hit A to pick it up. I feel like I spent half the game looking down at the floor trying to scan corpses. I never once didn't take something... the corpses should just give up their stuff when they are dead, and you should be able to pick it up just by walking over it. Throughout the game I felt all neurotic, flicking the right stick up and down making sure I wasn't missing stuff.

- No rifle. Maybe I'm too used to military FPS games, but I hated when I saw a bad guy/turret in the distance and had no way to kill it without getting up close.

- I didn't see the point to the disjointed map and the magical staircases. I don't think it really added anything to the game, just made me have to pause all the time to use the map and figure out where I was.
Ahhh the 20 hours definitely explains it...

on your points... I also hated the fact that you had to look at things directly to pick them up... I don't mind the fact that you have to hit A because it lets you choose what you pick up and don't (even tho 99% of the things you'd want to pick up every time - except for like ciggs and acadia merlot and other things that have 'side effects') but the fact that you had to look down definitely annoyed me.

Rifle would've been nice... and the maps didn't get bad till the last two or three levels, where they just got more confusing as you went along, before then they were easy to memorize.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Drifting

I could have been done the first day if I just ran through it. I made sure to cover every inch of the map... the extra stuff hidden all over helps out a lot.

Yeah the hidden stuff helped a ton and it made it more interesting - I couldn't believe that there was still so many things I had missed after talking to other people that had played and explored. That's definitely one of my favourite points about the game, it's can be quite different from player to player.

Yep. I got him first try and only used two first aid packs. If you just keep moving in a circle everything he throws at you misses.

Although that was on medium difficulty, maybe its more entertaining on difficult.
I only died cuz I forgot to hit my first aid pack... although finally being able to pick up as much ammo as you wanted in the room and switch your plasmids before was pretty cool after continually having to 'make do' with what you had available.

All his attacks were slow and easy to counter (by moving out of the way) ...

But then again the GOW end boss had me cursing cuz I found beating him to be a PITA... I guess you can't have both
Old 04-15-2008, 09:43 AM
99 TL, 06 E350

Received 164 Likes on 110 Posts
I just picked this game up for $26 at FutureShop. Oh my this is the best game I have ever played. Hope to see more games like this. Well Done!
Old 05-26-2008, 11:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 22,798 Likes on 13,981 Posts
Post BioShock on PS3 Confirmed

From IGN...

Like you didn't see this one coming -- BioShock is officially bound for the PlayStation 3.

"We can officially confirm that BioShock is in development for the PlayStation 3," a representative for 2K Games told IGN this morning.

The rumor that everyone's been chewing on since the first-person shooter landed on the Xbox 360 last year has also been confirmed in an EGM interview with Jordan Thomas, the creative director stepping in for Ken Levine. 1UP.com reports that the article, which appears in the July issue of the magazine, reveals that BioShock should be appearing on your black beauty for the 2008 holiday season.

An official statement from 2K is expected soon.