Your worst "pulled over" story?

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:11 AM
takin care of Business in

Received 4,732 Likes on 4,064 Posts
Drove to Tulsa from KS to swap some parts for the TL from another forum member there....Left Tulsa at 10:30 at night.....

one of them was a progress rear sway bar....on the highway doing 80mph (70mph zone)....i thought lemme see what this thing can do....checked rear view mirror and no one in site....no one ahead of me....

swerved in and out of my lane couple times quickly....next thing i know is i get set of lights behind me....drivers license + insurance card in the window area, all windows down, hands on the wheel....interior lights on, keys on the dash...the whole 9 yards....

dude comes up and:
him: license and insurance
i hand it to him
him: step outta the vehicle
step out
him: hands on the trunk
am thinking fuck...this is it....
him: lock ur car
I lock it...windows roll up (KP FTW)
him: here sit in the car
I was gonna sit in the back but he is like naaah upfront
I was fuck this is unreal....
finally i spoke
me: sir are you busting me ?
him: what do you think
me: never sat in a cop car before so kinda nervous
him: i saw u swerving in ur lane couple times
me (making a quick excuse): Sorry sir but i dont have navi in my car so i use my phone as a navi...am going back to KS and wanted to see what exit i have to take....dropped my phone and kinda swerved when i went to pick it up...sorry about that....i never use my phone while driving otherwise....
him: here sign this
me: is that a ticket ?
him: nah just a warning...be safe....

I got out sat in my car and went like....wohohoooo that was close....
Old 11-17-2011, 04:41 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
^ lol nice story

Still haven't been pulled over
although I think I've been pushing my luck...

I've gotten lucky quite a few times as there is always something or some reason I slow down and what do you know a cop is around the corner taking radar! Or they just aren't in the pulling over mood...

I've been going 80 when I see a cop out of nowhere and passes me up on the fwy when the limits 65
Old 11-17-2011, 06:45 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
My wife was driving her Civic, and we were going to the beach on a state park. The speed limit was 25 in the park, and she was going 35. We come around a corner, and I see this Tahoe police truck in the median. I told my wife to slow down quickly and that the speed limit is 25. She says, "I'm only going 35. Don't be such a puss."

Of course we get pulled over, and this big fat white guy comes to our car. He asks for our license and registration, and my wife gives it to him. He leaves for about five minutes, and in the meantime I'm contemplating how much this ticket is going to cost us.

He comes back and gives her a warning. I was thrilled. My wife said, as we were pulling out of the median, "Why do you get so nervous? I knew he wasn't going to give me a ticket!"

Me: "You were speeding by 10MPH over the limit! They could have given one to you for 1 MPH over the limit!"

Her: "You need to calm down! You get so nervous!"

Me: "So the fact that you have on a red bikini had nothing to do with you only getting a warning?!"

Her:

Me: "Had that been me, we'd have higher insurance costs now"

Her: "Had that been you, you'd have a garter snake come out of your red bikini."

Me: "Screw you whore!"

Her:
Old 11-17-2011, 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by speedemon90
^ lol nice story

I've gotten lucky quite a few times as there is always something or some reason I slow down and what do you know a cop is around the corner taking radar! Or they just aren't in the pulling over mood...

I've been going 80 when I see a cop out of nowhere and passes me up on the fwy when the limits 65
hahaha....that is bad ass LOL....ur doing 80 and the cop doing 90 on a 65....

but yeah i do get pulled over every 6 months for something....tints/license plate cover/speeding....its something or the other....i try to be as safe as possible with the windows down and shit and I have gotten one officer tell me

him: "you need to stop watching cops shows...."
me: "just trying to be safe sir"

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
My wife was driving her Civic, and we were going to the beach on a state park. The speed limit was 25 in the park, and she was going 35. We come around a corner, and I see this Tahoe police truck in the median. I told my wife to slow down quickly and that the speed limit is 25. She says, "I'm only going 35. Don't be such a puss."

Of course we get pulled over, and this big fat white guy comes to our car. He asks for our license and registration, and my wife gives it to him. He leaves for about five minutes, and in the meantime I'm contemplating how much this ticket is going to cost us.

He comes back and gives her a warning. I was thrilled. My wife said, as we were pulling out of the median, "Why do you get so nervous? I knew he wasn't going to give me a ticket!"

Me: "You were speeding by 10MPH over the limit! They could have given one to you for 1 MPH over the limit!"

Me: "So the fact that you have on a red bikini had nothing to do with you only getting a warning?!"

Her:

Her: "Had that been you, you'd have a garter snake come out of your red bikini."

Her:
hahaha....

my ex girl was kinda "heavy chested" as she called it and when ever she got pulled over she used it to her advantage....

cant believe cops would let you go just for flirting with them....baah....i tried it on a lady cop once....failed miserably.... LOL
Old 11-17-2011, 07:25 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

This happened to my cousin.

He was drinking at a bar and decided to try to drive home. He comes across a Police checkpoint. He can't turn around because otherwise the Police will follow him and ask him why he turned around. For sure he'd get a DUI.

So he decided to chance it and go through the sobriety checkpoint.

He pulls up and opens the window.

Officer: "Good evening sir. How are you?"

Cousin, looking down and nervous, and in a barely audible tone: "Um good."

Officer: "Sir, where are you going tonight?"

Cousin: "Home."

Officer: "Where are you coming from?"

Cousin, again looking down: "Friend's house."

Officer: "Sir, have you been drinking? Why aren't you looking at me?"

Cousin: "No sir."

Officer: "Then why aren't you looking at me?"

Cousin, hemming and hawing: "Well, I, ummmm,..."

Officer: "Well...?"

Cousin: "I get extremely nervous around cute guys..."

Officer: "Ummmm. Oh. Ahem (clearing throat). Ughhhh, have a good night sir..."

Cousin: "Thank you sir. Can, I, ugh, have your number?"

Officer: "No. Move along."
Old 11-17-2011, 08:00 AM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Hmm, pretending to be gay to get out of a DUI... Very sneaky stuff.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:03 AM
Safety Car

Received 111 Likes on 79 Posts
one day when i was 16 and decided NOT to pull over and make a run for it...
The following users liked this post:
KatabaticSaint (02-06-2012)
Old 11-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Liberty Science Center in NJ. Right after it opened many years ago. If anyone knows that area it's pretty desolate around there & bad areas are nor far off.
I wasn't driving, but was in a group we got lost trying to get back to the NJ turnpike.
We passed 2 SUV's we though were parked 2 times, we were lost after all.
After the 2nd time, we get lit up by both & pull over. Before my friend that was driving could say anything we all were ordered out of the car hands up at gun point.
We were told to shut up. Ordered face down on the ground. We all were trying to explain we were lost & didn't do anything & why are you doing this blah blah blah, they didn't care. Handcuffed us, then told us to sit on the side of the road while 2 more marked cop cars came up lights & siren blaring. A few watched us as others searched the car & ran the plates. No permission given.
Then 1 asked who the driver was & got him & put in into the back of 1 marked car. We though we were all getting arrested. Turned out he just wanted to separate the driver to see if our stories matched. This whole thing was about 45 minutes. Then we were un-cuffed & told we can go. No one ever gave us any reason why this happened, when I asked I was again told to shut up & get in the car & leave unless I wanted to sit in jail.
My friend that was driving asked how to get to the turnpike & at lest the cop was nice enough to point in 1 direction...
Old 11-17-2011, 09:05 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

That's pretty bad.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:40 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
My worst pull over story happened while I was in high school... There was double homicide at a nearby doctors office in the adjacent town... I was driving a 68 Chevelle-SS at the time, which happened to match the description of the get-a-way car almost to a T. Being that this was a classic car, (as I like to think I'm not THAT old yet), there weren't very many on the road...

So I got pulled over in front my high school during lunch... I had 3 cop cars pull me over... They didn't knock on my door or anything... They had all their guns drawn and ordered me to step out of the car and lay face down on the ground

Lucky for me, when they approached, they realized I was not even close to matching the description of the suspects, so they let me go....
Old 11-17-2011, 03:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 99 Posts
I had a summons for driving an excess of 30MPH in a 30 zone (written by a cop who was full of shit, summons got dropped asap when i showed up to court, didnt even have to see a judge)

I show up to court at 3:30 and found out that the courthouse closes at 2:30... so I have a warrant for my arrest.

That night I am on my way home about two blocks away and I get pulled over. The officer tells me he pulled me over for tinted windows and then his partner said he smelled marijuana. Gave the officer my license/reg/insurance and they both walked back to the car. About 20 seconds later the officer with my info steps out the car and I can see in my rearview mirror that he was either reaching for his gun or cuffs. He walks up to me and I tell him officer I have to be honest with you I have a warrant for my arrest. Luckily for me I had a piece of paper from the courthouse I visited earlier that day. The piece of paper had some stuff on it like warrant room: ______ warrant date: ______ but nothing was filled out. At the very top of the paper was a handwritten address to the courthouse. I gave it to him and told him that my court date was earlier today and I showed up at 3:30 one hour after the court house closes. The officers partner then approaches me and says "the smell of marijuana is so unique" or something like that. I let them search the car trunk and all, and they search me too. They dont find anything because there was no marijuana to begin with.

Finally the officer with my info asks me if I go to school and I say "yeah.. its finals week" then he gave me my info and let me go.

The next day I go to the courthouse and was told by one of the clerks that I did not belong at the courthouse and was given a printout saying that my summons was dismissed

Cliffs:
pulled over with warrant
one officer smelled marijuana
searched me and my car
they let me go
Old 11-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 7,247 Likes on 4,858 Posts
Is it just me or did this thread start in the 3G TL section? I could have sworn I noticed a cross over to Car Talk somewhere around post 25.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 269 Likes on 229 Posts
Originally Posted by oo7spy
Is it just me or did this thread start in the 3G TL section? I could have sworn I noticed a cross over to Car Talk somewhere around post 25.
it started there but considering that it's not TL related, it's now here
Old 11-18-2011, 04:01 AM
Old MT TL

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
lets just say 125 in a 55 got me: week in jail, tow bike, suspended license for another year, probation for 2 years, $2000+ in reckless driving/endangerment fines.

oh and a very bad record..20 tickets in 5 years..easy to do with suspended license for 4 years..spent about $20k..could easily have a 08 TLS 6 speed with all performance mods by now if not all the waisted $$$ but no i gotta settle for a 05 base 6 speed :'(

Last edited by vic06b; 11-18-2011 at 04:03 AM. Reason: info
Old 11-18-2011, 10:06 AM
Phmbm12

Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy

Her:

Her:
PICS OR GTFO )
Old 11-18-2011, 10:43 AM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Pulled over way back in 2000 in my VW GTI, windows all blacked out. Night time, so cop can't see in, approaches all slow with hand on gun, gets to front windows, looks in, lets out a sigh of relief and then just tells me i was going 85 in 65. Comes back with a written warrant, tells me to hit the strip club and stuff down some strippers tits, no lie.

A week after getting my CL-S, I was doing some short runs on the highway, no traffic, hit 135 and wound up coasting by an unmarked cop car. I slow down to normal speeds, he pulls me over, he only had me at 110. He gave me a ticket, I contested it, on no real grounds, he agreed to lower it to 85 in a 55. Paid a $350 fine and was on my way.
Old 11-18-2011, 01:07 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Originally Posted by Phambam12
PICS OR GTFO )
Check playboy.
Old 11-18-2011, 11:22 PM
WOT in the new ATLP V2s!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cuffed and taken in 4 different times. Mixture of suspended/expired license or exesive speed. Been behaving better lately.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:26 PM
ScoobyZINE

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
BUMP. I got pulled over last night for drag racing and 82 in a 45. My court date is January 10th FML
Old 12-12-2011, 02:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Lucky you aren't in california... I think we have one of the worst penalties for racing?
Old 12-12-2011, 07:35 AM
JnC
Former Sponsor

Received 351 Likes on 227 Posts
--Accelerated quickly through an intersection in Manhattan whilst not paying attention t what was going on in front of me.
-- Had to slam on my brakes to avoid hitting two NYPD cops who were crossing the road.
-- They both scream, jump out of the way and tell me to pull the "F" over, one of them takes my keys the other asks for driver's license and registration.
-- I explain as to how my attention was a bit divided and I was hurrying to drive back to Boston.
-- I am shitting my pants at this time while there is line of people waiting to get into a movie theater next to where I was pulled over. All of them are laughing their asses off at my situation.
-- One of the cop comes back and gives me back my keys, registration and driver's license.
-- Tells me to slow down as its better to get there late rather than not get there at all.

Old 12-12-2011, 08:22 AM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,017 Likes on 1,515 Posts
Originally Posted by AMUA6
BUMP. I got pulled over last night for drag racing and 82 in a 45. My court date is January 10th FML
82 in a 45 + drag racing .. eek. Good luck in court.
Old 12-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Drifting

Received 416 Likes on 365 Posts
Originally Posted by AMUA6
Lawyer up. Depending on how familiar your attorney is with the prosecutor/judge you might be looking at just a few parking tickets
Old 12-12-2011, 02:14 PM
ScoobyZINE

Originally Posted by TylerT
82 in a 45 + drag racing .. eek. Good luck in court.

Originally Posted by HeartTLs
Lawyer up. Depending on how familiar your attorney is with the prosecutor/judge you might be looking at just a few parking tickets
I have an appointment in the morning at 10 AM with an attorney. The other driver got off scott-free as one of the officers assured me he knew the boys father and that I should not be messing with his kids, that the father wanted to come talk to me but they would not let him. I never saw the kid nor the father sign anything. The sad thing is, the kid provoked it. However, I should've been the adult in the situation and I told the officer that.

When he asked why he pulled me over I said, "I guess for a quick acceleration?" I'm definitely hoping for the best. I know things could've been worse and I should've went to jail automatically. But I am also aware things could be better. I've heard of too many stories where people have gotten out of RIDICULOUS charges so I believe I will lawyer up.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:04 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,181 Likes on 689 Posts
Florida tags in Maryland, 18 years old, relatively new at the time black Acura CL with legal 35 percent windows.

Go through toll booth and come out where a cop waiting to pull people over for not paying starts to follow me (I had paid). Follows me for about a mile, next to me for about .5 miles, then slides to a stop in front of me in a 55 and I'm going about 59. I slam on my brakes not to hit him, windows down (it is 22 degrees) and hands on the wheel, police driver pulls gun and partner unholsters and has hand on his, they put down guns but I am scared to death and they ask why so scared, tell me they pulled me for no belt, I show I have it on, they say I didn't, then they say my windows are too dark and they couldn't see in, I ask how they saw I wasnt wearing a belt, ask me to get out of the car, ask if they can search, pull my suitcase apart, find nothing, kill about an hour of my trip, scare the shit out of me, give me a seatbelt ticket. FUCK those cops, most are nice tho but I was wearing a belt and did nothing wrong. I hope they have been hit by a truck
Old 12-12-2011, 08:23 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
44 in a 30, literally within distance of seeing the sign where the road turned into 55. I just sped up too fast. The whole time I was sitting in my car, nearly shitting myself thinking I'm going to get a ticket, my rates are going to go up, etc. Officer comes back out and simply says "Well I'll just let you off with a verbal warning, have a good night and be safe out there." Never have I encountered such a nice officer.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:40 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sunday morning in utah, there are zero cars on the road because all of the mormons are at church, its lightly raining, and im going 40 in a 35, i get pulled over (im 16 and my 9 year old sister is next to me) cop bitches me out about how dangerous it is to drive over the speed limit in wet conditions and that im going to get my sister killed. I said i was sorry and then asked if i could maybe just get off with a warning since it was my first time being pulled over, he screamed into my face saying that it is illegal in the state of utah to ask for a warning from an officer of the law (bullshit). 180 buck ticket later i invest in a radar, drive even faster and 4 years later i still have not been pulled over again.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Hybrid Steamboat
sunday morning in utah, there are zero cars on the road because all of the mormons are at church, its lightly raining, and im going 40 in a 35, i get pulled over (im 16 and my 9 year old sister is next to me) cop bitches me out about how dangerous it is to drive over the speed limit in wet conditions and that im going to get my sister killed. I said i was sorry and then asked if i could maybe just get off with a warning since it was my first time being pulled over, he screamed into my face saying that it is illegal in the state of utah to ask for a warning from an officer of the law (bullshit). 180 buck ticket later i invest in a radar, drive even faster and 4 years later i still have not been pulled over again. and if I dont slow down i will really have killed someone and will end up in jail
Fixed
Old 12-19-2011, 02:53 PM
ScoobyZINE

^
Old 01-03-2012, 04:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by speedemon90
^ lol nice story

This didn't last long... lol

I got pulled over 2 weeks ago. Was going to meet up with my friends in the AM to head to vegas and I was gonna be one of the drivers. 2 miles outside of my house i'm doing 60 in a 45, cops hiding in a corner, noticed him a ltl too late and he caught me.

I thought I might be able to get off, but he just asked me where i was going and thought I'd be truthful to see if that would work, but nonetheless he gave me a ticket. He was nice though, nothing mean about him.

Just waiting for it to come in the mail to see the damage
Old 01-03-2012, 04:59 PM

^^^ lol did u jinx it or what !!!
Old 01-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
103/55
118/50
2 carless
1 improper passing (i didn't deserve that)
1 seatbelt
3 tints

then i got my valentine one and im not speeding that often and no tickets since then...
my license is clean now but paying $500 a month for liability sucks
Old 01-03-2012, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by StreetKA
103/55
118/50
2 carless
1 improper passing (i didn't deserve that)
1 seatbelt
3 tints

then i got my valentine one and im not speeding that often and no tickets since then...
my license is clean now but paying $500 a month for liability sucks
WOW...What did that ticket say ? "WTF were you thinking" ?

am glad you slowed down....
Old 01-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by swoosh
^^^ lol did u jinx it or what !!!
lol seriously...

that was my slowest drive to vegas ever lol
Old 01-03-2012, 07:53 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
Originally Posted by swoosh
WOW...What did that ticket say ? "WTF were you thinking" ?

am glad you slowed down....
i was at the traffic light and guy in 3000GT pulled next to me and said "take this piece of shit back to the garage" i looked at my friend then looked at him and floor it i was passing a cop at the 120mph then i stoped and pulled over... of course i beat that guy and luckily cop didnt arrest me. Lesson learned got my license suspended for 3 months. Policeman told me that he would lock me up if i kept running but would he catch me ? :P i think it was worst time waiting for that cop i think i pooped in my pants... it was extremely stupid i know im not gonna do it again i can say i got lucky with this one
Old 01-04-2012, 12:57 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,367 Likes on 4,922 Posts
Pulled over for dark tint. Not my car. Cop said hes just going to give me a warning but wants to run my license anyway. Bad idea - license was suspended.

It was interesting explaining that to the vehicle owner when they had to drive across town with their friend to pick it up

Another time was racing up in NY, doing about 120-130mph at the time when I see lights behind me. Cop couldnt get my actual speed, wrote me up for a 90 in a 55 and gave me another ticket for driving with a suspended license. During the hour we were sitting there on the side of the road, two more cop cars pulled up. I was sure I was going to jail. Luckily one of friends was there with his girlfriend and she drove me and the car back to his place, then I drove the rest of the way home.

But Ive now had a valid license since 2008

Last edited by civicdrivr; 01-04-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 02-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Pro

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by ThermonMermon
one day when i was 16 and decided NOT to pull over and make a run for it...

Been there done that. Went through a 20mph traffic circle and 45. Cop standing behind a tree on the side I was getting off at, he steps out radars me as I went by I guess it didn't work the first couple times. I'm freaking out watching the mirror. Eventually (probably like 10 seconds felt like hours) He runs across the street to his car and I floored it. I was about 2 minutes out from the friends house I was going to booked it down this 2 lane road not even bothering to check the speedo. Flew into my friends neighborhood I called him told him to open his garage right now, stayed there the rest of the weekend. 16 and stupid. Never again. Too stressful. Cop had a Ford Escape though so I figured my chances were good.