You Won't Believe What Just Happened Today....

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 10:49 PM
SLOW TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You Won't Believe What Just Happened Today....

Hey Everyone,

I thought I'd share my special 5.0 experience today with everyone...

I went over to my parents house around 4:30pm this evening and was talking with my family in our living room when I noticed outside the house was a cop behind my car. I first didn't think much of it, until he got out of the car and place a piece of paper on my windshield. As soon as I ran out, he took a U turn in the middle of the street and tried to drive off. We tried to stop him but he just went on his way (we quickly wrote down his license plate). We then went up to my car and looked at what he left us... It was a ticket for parking in the opposite direction of traffic on the little tiny residential road (This street is about 3 car wide). My family has been living at this house for over 30 years and we have yet had a cop write us a ticket for parking in the opposite way of traffic... If some of you don't understand what that means, it's parking on the left hand side of the traffic direction.

Anyhow, as I went into the house pissed off as crap, my mom calls me out because she saw the cop pass by my house again. I waited outside for a few more mins and he then drives pass again, and this time I was able to stop him. I went up to him and questioned the reason for the ticket and he explained basically how he was being a fawk face. I asked if it would be possible to just give us a warning, because we have always been parking this direction for the past 30 years and his response back was, "I don't give out warnings" and he gave me a stupid smirk. Then he says back to me, "Don't worry, I'll give everyone else a ticket too." Then he goes on his way and starts to write other people in my neighborhood tickets. One house about 3 houses down, received 3 tickets because all their cars were on the side walk and faced the opposite direction, and even worse, they were outside the house when he wrote them up...

This is where our tax payer money goes to... my family had all their cars at the house broken into and 2 were stolen... And not even one person was caught, but in the end, I did get a ticket for parking in the front of my parents house... I think this is a sign for my parents to get the fawk out of this stupid ass neighborhood.

Well that's my story... I know my English and grammar suck, but I just had to share this BS experience with my homies on Acurazine...

WHY DOES THIS SHIET HAPPEN TO ME!!!!!!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 10,925 Likes on 5,542 Posts
its the end of the month
Old 06-27-2007, 10:55 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
That's random.... I do that all the time outside my own house.
Next they'll be giving us tickets for parking our cars the wrong way on our driveways!!Blehh another reason to hate pigs...
Old 06-27-2007, 11:57 PM
Glacier Frost Mica CL-S

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
out here cops don't car but back in nyc they don't play
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 AM
B A N N E D

never there when u need them, always there when u dont.

they could all die for all i care.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:35 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
That really sucks. Where in Maryland was this?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 AM
My Garage not

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
i got one of those out here in socal. yea, it sucks.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:41 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
well I mean, you were breaking the law

<--- has recieved this ticket in front of my house before. I paid it and got over the situation.

I was with a buddy once who put up a huge stink over this, ended up getting a ticket for driving on the wrong side of the road as well.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:44 AM
Race Director

This happened to my aunt in jersey. The battery on one of her cars died so when she got home with the other car she parked it facing the wrong way to jump start the car. By the time she came out she had gotten a ticket. It was for 30 bucks but she said on principal she wanted to fight it and she did and ended up paying a 15 court fee.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:05 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Thats a no brainer for a ticket
Cant park in front of fire hydrants just because its your house either!!

Usually when they are out with the stupid things like that, its because
there are houses in the area for sale and realtors want it all looking nice- so they call and report expired tags, abandoned looking cars, wrong way car- cars taken apart in the yard- stuff that will make buyers shy away- they report

And telling him been doing it 30 years- be glad he didnt stop and give you another ticket- because he gave you an opportunity to move the car- you went outside right?

Did you know he probably had his gun pointed at you thru the car door?
If you run up on them- especially after a ticket- they get a liitle concerned for their safety and will have justifiable reason to put one in you for fun
Old 06-28-2007, 04:58 AM
SLOW TL

Bleh, the road is super small and it's a 2 way road, if a random person would drive by, they wouldn't even notice a difference =(.... Oh wells, just a bad day.

On the brighter side! I'm heading to asia today! If I see any JDM junk I'll be sure to take a snap and post it up! Take care everyone!
Old 06-28-2007, 06:06 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
that's just as dumb as getting a ticket in front of my house (parked on the street) for "plate position" as i recently did. i had it displayed against the windshield using the passenger visor. i had been doing this since i had received a fix-it ticket for no front plate.
Old 06-28-2007, 06:50 AM
50? you must be kidding!

I'd love to see the cops concentrate on important issues. Parking like this is a pretty insignificant thing. On the other hand, it is illegal and they do have the right to ticket for the infraction.

Please don't hate "pigs" 99.99999% are good guys doing a difficult job.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Nick

I wonder if a local magistrate would view this "infraction of the law" differently than that a-hole cop? Around here I have found that they sometimes do. To make my voice heard about my case, I went to court over a somewhat similar stupid ticket I got and the judge threw out the case, gave me back my payment deposit of the fine which I paid before having the hearing scheduled, and told the cop to concentrate on more important things.

The "parking in the wrong direction" concept has come up when talking to my neighbors. Almost everyone does it in my neighborhood, at least on the streets that are not a thoroughfare for traffic passing thru, which is most of the streets. One of my lawyer neighbors said if he ever gets a ticket for that, he will fight it in court since ...according to him... if the street is not clearly marked as having separate lanes going each way, the law does not apply to directional parking.
Old 06-28-2007, 10:06 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Is it against the law to park on the wrong side of the street? Yes.

You deserved the ticket.

Don't want the ticket? Park legally.

Are you sure you're 39 years old? You whine like a teenager...
Old 06-28-2007, 10:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
Originally Posted by Tripp11
Is it against the law to park on the wrong side of the street? Yes.

You deserved the ticket.

Don't want the ticket? Park legally.

Are you sure you're 39 years old? You whine like a teenager...
I am 39 years old (wife, teen kids, professional career, mortgage, etc,..) and I pretty much would have posted similarly had it been me. While he did break the law technically, it was for all intents and purposes a BULLS--T ticket likely serving to enforce an obscure traffic ordinance for the revenue collection purposes of his parents' municipality.

I have been the recipient of other such egregious offenses.....meanwhile, 9/11 part two is being planned, orchestrated and will be successfully executed provided bin Laden's boys do not break traffic laws in the process.

for the . Though a necessary component of civilized society, I have NO love for law enforcement.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:10 AM
Newbie for Life

Originally Posted by F23A4
for the . Though a necessary component of civilized society, I have NO love for law enforcement.
Differing opinions I guess as I have the utmost respect for law enforcement and the mostly thankless job they perform every day.

Do I think cops have better things to do than write tickets for parking the wrong way on a side street? Sure, but it's a damn law and he broke it.

You play. You pay.

Perhaps my local "ridealong" events have put law enforcement in an all new light in my eyes than most other posters because I've seen firsthand the BS they go through and the dangerous scenarios they handle with ease. Perhaps I'm biased because a good friend of mine is a homicide detective and shares some of his stories - good and bad.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:16 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
How do your neighbors feel that your baby crying got the rest of them tickets as well?

BS Ticket? yes
Have you just been lucky all of these years? Yes
Did the cop break any laws? NO - You did.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:22 AM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry man.. end of the month revenue generation FTL. Happens to the best of us
Old 06-28-2007, 12:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Differing opinions I guess as I have the utmost respect for law enforcement and the mostly thankless job they perform every day.

Do I think cops have better things to do than write tickets for parking the wrong way on a side street? Sure, but it's a damn law and he broke it.

You play. You pay.

Perhaps my local "ridealong" events have put law enforcement in an all new light in my eyes than most other posters because I've seen firsthand the BS they go through and the dangerous scenarios they handle with ease. Perhaps I'm biased because a good friend of mine is a homicide detective and shares some of his stories - good and bad.
Perhaps a "ridealong" as an African/Carribean American or an ethnic looking Hispanic might lend an alternative perspective. My hostility towards the law enforcement community is nothing personal towards the individual officers.

Rather, it is towards that organization, which has a long history of injustice leveled against one or more demographic components of the populace to whom they are (or will be) ultimately accountable. This injustice extends to their political overlords as well.

While tragedies such as Sean Bell, Ousmane Zongo and Alberta Spruill do not occur everyday (although still too often), there are too many instances of police abusing their power or flatout utilizing paramilitary tactics on those they are allegedly commissioned to "protect and serve."

The irony is that since 9/11, much of what black Americans have been experiencing wtih the police (since January 1863) is now materializing within caucasion American communities as well.

NOTE: I am not some liberal civil rights activist, as MUCH evidenced by many of my R&P posts.

Back on topic, a law was broken and he will have to pay the fine and move on.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Senior Moderator

The irony is that since 9/11, much of what black Americans have been experiencing wtih the police (since January 1863) is now materializing within caucasion American communities as well.
what's the connection here?
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by srika
what's the connection here?
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...6&page=1&pp=25
Old 06-28-2007, 12:38 PM
Senior Moderator

ok I read the whole thread.. I still don't see how it relates to 9/11? Is it like, people in authority have become more aggressive since 9/11? I mean, is that like a known fact? I'm asking because I don't know.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:40 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
In my old neighborhood, I lived in the same house for 18 years, when the people across the street moved out. A city cop moved in and within the next week he was ringing my doorbell telling me to turn my car around and that i'm lucky he "was being neighborly enough to not write a ticket." What a jerkoff
Old 06-28-2007, 12:47 PM
Senior Moderator

ok I read the whole thread.. I still don't see how it relates to 9/11? Is it like, people in authority have become more aggressive since 9/11? I mean, is that like a known fact? I'm asking because I don't know.
In a nutshell, yes. Hence, our (black) experience with the police is now extending beyond our own demographic and that of our Hispanic counterparts.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:49 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
What's the problem? You broke the law. Just because you were able to get away with it for so long, doesnt mean it's ok to do it.

P.S. Each department usually has an officer strictly hired to go around and ticket cars with expired plate stickers, parking the wrong way, blocking driveways, parked there for a certain amount of time, etc.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:57 PM
Senior Moderator

In a nutshell, yes. Hence, our (black) experience with the police is now extending beyond our own demographic and that of our Hispanic counterparts.
dang.. i just been out of the loop, i never made the connection. that sux.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:07 PM
checkmate...

You should have replied: "Got stuck with traffic duty, huh?"
Old 06-28-2007, 01:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mr.motoring
You should have replied: "Got stuck with traffic duty, huh?"
Then that cop would have treated him like a skateboarding kid in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Newbie for Life

Perhaps a "ridealong" as an African/Carribean American or an ethnic looking Hispanic might lend an alternative perspective. My hostility towards the law enforcement community is nothing personal towards the individual officers.

Rather, it is towards that organization, which has a long history of injustice leveled against one or more demographic components of the populace to whom they are (or will be) ultimately accountable. This injustice extends to their political overlords as well.

While tragedies such as Sean Bell, Ousmane Zongo and Alberta Spruill do not occur everyday (although still too often), there are too many instances of police abusing their power or flatout utilizing paramilitary tactics on those they are allegedly commissioned to "protect and serve."

NOTE: I am not some liberal civil rights activist, as MUCH evidenced by many of my R&P posts.

Back on topic, a law was broken and he will have to pay the fine and move on.
Perhaps we should continue this over in the R&P section. Quickly, I've read several articles related to the very shift you are discussing, and hundreds of thousands of people believe the shift from habeus corpus to a "police state" if you will is not in our society's best interest.

Frankly, I'm worried as well; however, 9/11 changed the game, so to speak.

Back to the OP: pay the fine, park legally from now on and apologize to your neighbors.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:31 PM
Senior Moderator

Perhaps we should continue this over in the R&P section. Quickly, I've read several articles related to the very shift you are discussing, and hundreds of thousands of people believe the shift from habeus corpus to a "police state" if you will is not in our society's best interest.

Frankly, I'm worried as well; however, 9/11 changed the game, so to speak.

Back to the OP: pay the fine, park legally from now on and apologize to your neighbors.

Old 06-28-2007, 03:14 PM
Matt

Originally Posted by vzuptnguyen
never there when u need them, always there when u dont.

they could all die for all i care.
YOU ARE A DUMBASS !!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
its the end of the month
+ 1
Old 06-29-2007, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by ggesq
+ 1
also. But check out the 'EOM quota' counterargument(s) from cops:

Officer.com
Old 06-29-2007, 08:48 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
That happened to me when I was 16. My first ticket. Talk about nickel and diming.