Yet another help me choose my next car thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2011, 01:47 PM
In the Mid-South meow

Received 2,157 Likes on 1,098 Posts
Originally Posted by Flipster23
damn 5w-40 7 quarts in the MS6,......

glad I just got the 6

I have not heard anything bad about the 6. and I joined 6 crew mazda 6 club issues here and there but those issues are with every car
Actually I was semi-misinformed on the 7 quarts. It turns out it's actually 5.5 - 6 qts. Not as bad, but the Accord only took 4.5 qts and it was a V6! I guess it's all the cooling lines to and fro the turbo. Thankfully it appears Wal-Mart carries Shell Rotella 5w40 Synthetic at a pretty darn good price.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:48 PM
In the Mid-South meow

You know, the more and more I read threads on the MS6 and really dig into the facts of all these claims of blown motors, turbos and mounts, 99% of the time it was someone dumping the clutch at 5k RPM or modding it without the proper tune, over-modding it or putting too much boost into the engine at low RPMs. The car was majorly discounted at retail because of slow sales and the falling economy, so young kids were picking these cars up new for the price of a Civic Si and beating on them relentlessly. Just check out the videos on YouTube. Without the proper engine and rear differential mounts, continual dropping of the hammer on the AWD system will eventually break something. Logically their next move was to find an online forum to complain about how horrible the reliability of the MS6 is. I came across a thread with some guy claiming he went through 4 engines and 5 turbos in the first year of ownership. That pretty much describes the type of characters buying these cars.

There were daily threads on another online forum claiming the J-Series in their Accord blew up because of using the Honda recommended 5w20 oil, they were getting under 20mpg on the highway and their wheels were falling off for no reason. Mine ran perfect at 100k miles, would get over 30mpg and not once did my wheels fall off for no reason lol! So yeah, you have to take the b*tching and complaining about any car with a grain of salt with what you read in forums.

Last night I found a recent thread started by someone who just rolled over 100k miles on his MS6. His has been trouble free. Then multiple other members with the same experience posted in the thread with positive news on the reliability of the car and how enjoyable it has been to own the MS6. It made me feel much better about the potential purchase of the car.

Hopefully more to come tomorrow.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:52 PM
The Third Ball

Received 5,079 Likes on 2,696 Posts
killercls has a MS6....He doesnt post much anymore...but he can be found trolling every now and again
Old 05-11-2011, 02:01 PM
It's the Halladay season!

Received 110 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169
You know, the more and more I read threads on the MS6 and really dig into the facts of all these claims of blown motors, turbos and mounts, 99% of the time it was someone dumping the clutch at 5k RPM or modding it without the proper tune, over-modding it or putting too much boost into the engine at low RPMs. The car was majorly discounted at retail because of slow sales and the falling economy, so young kids were picking these cars up new for the price of a Civic Si and beating on them relentlessly. Just check out the videos on YouTube. Without the proper engine and rear differential mounts, continual dropping of the hammer on the AWD system will eventually break something. Logically their next move was to find an online forum to complain about how horrible the reliability of the MS6 is. I came across a thread with some guy claiming he went through 4 engines and 5 turbos in the first year of ownership. That pretty much describes the type of characters buying these cars.

There were daily threads on another online forum claiming the J-Series in their Accord blew up because of using the Honda recommended 5w20 oil, they were getting under 20mpg on the highway and their wheels were falling off for no reason. Mine ran perfect at 100k miles, would get over 30mpg and not once did my wheels fall off for no reason lol! So yeah, you have to take the b*tching and complaining about any car with a grain of salt with what you read in forums.

Last night I found a recent thread started by someone who just rolled over 100k miles on his MS6. His has been trouble free. Then multiple other members with the same experience posted in the thread with positive news on the reliability of the car and how enjoyable it has been to own the MS6. It made me feel much better about the potential purchase of the car.

Hopefully more to come tomorrow.
This is the exact same thing that went through my mind about the MS3. I completely crossed it off the list after reading about people blowing valves through the block. Then I started to take a look at the bigger picture and this is happening to a very very very small % of MS3 owners. So it can't be a widespread problem with the car, its the DRIVERS.

Hope everything works out with the MS6!
Old 05-11-2011, 02:08 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
Yes, it was THOROUGHLY proven that the driver was the reason why some of these cars had popped its engine.

And this is the same for all other high powered turbocharged cars with blown engines. A lot of young punks get their hands on these affordable fast turbocharged cars these days. Of course they fck up the car. It's inevitable.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:37 PM
In the Mid-South meow

UPDATE!!!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4#post12943484
Old 05-12-2011, 11:23 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Congrats! She is ha-awt.