"World Class Driving" - wcdriving.com

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
"World Class Driving" - wcdriving.com

Sorta kinda wanting to do this.....You think it's worth it? They are gonna be in NY in the beginning of June. The wifey flipped out when I told her how much it's going to cost, but it will definately be a memorable experience....

www.wcdriving.com

WELCOME - You will be welcomed by our staff and an experienced racing driver such as Didier Theys (2 time 24 Hours Daytona winner and one time Sebring 12 Hour winner). Breakfast, lunch buffet, snacks and non-alcoholic drinks will be available during the day. To think, I was looking forward to the liquor...

BRIEFING - Didier and our staff will introduce in small groups each car and details of its pedigree and cutting edge technical innovations. Following the introduction they will review your driving schedule for the day. We will ensure that you are comfortable in each car and understand the difference between an F1 style paddle operated sequential manual gearbox, a tiptronic automatic and a six speed manual gearbox. However, if you don't feel comfortable with manual selection we can change the gearbox to operate in fully automatic mode (except the Corvette Z06 and the Ford GT).

START - Now you are behind the wheel of the most prestigious cars and you are ready to start your driving experience. You will drive on specific scenic roads selected by our experienced team.

SOUVENIR - At the end of the day, you will receive a memorable souvenir for this unforgettable experience as well as a certificate and digital pictures of your experience.

YOU WILL DRIVE APPROXIMATELY 180 MILES PER DAY WITH 6 CARS, FERARI F430, LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO, BENTLEY GT, ASTON MARTIN DB9 VOLANTE, FORD GT, CORVETTE Z06. PARTICIPATION IS RESTRICTED TO DRIVERS OVER 25 YEARS OLD THAT HOLD A VALID DRIVING LICENSE. OTHER RESTRICTIONS COULD APPLY. PRICE $795 PER PERSON + TAX
Old 05-21-2006, 06:24 PM
Pit Stop?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd do it for sure if I was 25...........how much more mature am I really going to get in five years
Old 05-21-2006, 11:32 PM
go like hell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Minch00
I'd do it for sure if I was 25...........how much more mature am I really going to get in five years
even if I was able to do it in 9 months( when i turn 25) I don't know if i'd do it for 800 bucks but i'm a cheap ass.
Old 05-22-2006, 07:36 AM
G
Bitten.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have you looked into this more? Supposedly, you have to give a non-refundable deposit, and you can only drive the cars like a grandma-nothing over thirty, and for short periods of time.

Doesn't seem worth it to me . . .
Old 05-22-2006, 08:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
Originally Posted by Water-S
even if I was able to do it in 9 months( when i turn 25) I don't know if i'd do it for 800 bucks but i'm a cheap ass.

Same deal here. Although I would love to experience those cars, I love having the additional $800 in my bank account MUCH more.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:19 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was THIS close to doing the weekend of May 6th and 7th which was gonna be in NJ, but at the last minute, plans changed. I actually spoke to the owner/coordinator of the event: a gentleman called Jean Pierre. He said that you would be following the two "lead" cars (Z06 and Vette) at all times, and that instructors would be present in those vehicles. Low speed limit roads would be avoided. I'm pretty sure he hinted in a politically correct way that you would get to actually DRIVE the cars (i.e. running along at 65mph in an F430 ISN't driving IMO) but obviously its not like he was gonna say "Yeah, you're allowed to break the law and drive the snot out of the cars."

I reckon it would be a worthwhile experience. It would be awesome if your allowed to really push the cars a little bit.

Btw, obviously I wasn't the one goin to be doing the driving since I'm under 25: I was gonna by the tickets as a gift for 2 of my uncles. I was going to ride along as a passenger though.

EDIT: Also check out an outfit called "Gothan Dream Cars". They have a similar package deal. In fact with them, you can share a car with someone else and each person only pays $499 instead of $795. Obviously you only get 15min inthe cars instead of 30min if you go this route.

Also if you purchase two driving tickets at $795 a piece you might be able to get a passenger to ride along for free (save $250ish) - after talking to the coordinator, I was able to get the discount, but YMMV.

Last edited by vishnus11; 05-22-2006 at 08:21 AM.
Old 05-11-2007, 05:54 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did wcdriving last year and I'm doing it again this year

I've been googling around for wcdriving and came across this forum - I want to meet up with other people who've done an event with wcdriving cos everyone I met on my day were great people - I go bowling with one guy there (he and loads of others use wcdriving days to test drive the best cars in the world on real roads before actually buying their favourite; he bought a Ford GT the next week).

So, has anybody else reading this done a world class dricing event? I recommend it to anybody and I defy anybody who's done a date with them to say they didn't love it. You drive fast cars, fast, posing everywhere you go - meet rich people (and their girlfriends ;-)) and you get taught how to drive (or at least be a proper backseat driver at last)
Old 05-11-2007, 06:57 AM
Living the Dream

Received 130 Likes on 71 Posts
Seems like a waste of $800.

What's the point of driving a Lambo or Ferrari if you can't have a little fun in the twisties. "Black boxes, revoked driving privileges, a WHOPPING 20 mins in the car"
Man what a great time

Just go to a local dealership and sit in them in the show room, may even be able to go for a test drive....all for free