Woman Killed by a Merc's Test Driver......

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 01:57 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Woman Killed by a Merc's Test Driver......

The article is in Swedish but i have translated the main thing to english.....

A Mercedes test driver kills a mother of two while doing winter test driving in the northern sweden......

there were13 Mercedes S-class driven from stuttgart germany to arjeplog north of sweden a distance of about 4000km....

the driver says he was doing 50-60km/h when the accident happened but when police tried searching the car all the speed measuring device were taken out.

Usually all the cars are fully equipped with all kinds of device but when the car was handed over to the police.....all the devices were taken out.....

the woman's relatives were saying that test drivers who drive on these roads drive like mad people....without any concern for safety of other people....

last month also there was some trouble with bugatti veyron....when veyron lost control it hit.. a moose instead of some person.... must be very expensive damage....

this is the only time of the year when something exciting happens in this part of the world... but things like these makes everyone angry after all not many people live up here and something like this effects everyone...

we get to see many exciting new cars up here.. bcos almost all the car makers send their car up here for winter testing.....bcos the temperature can go as low as -50C....

Old 02-23-2005, 03:15 AM
Race Director

Received 627 Likes on 505 Posts
I wonder if they also wiped clean the built in engine ECU - that probably has speed info on it too.
Does it really matter? The guy still should be going to jail.
Old 02-23-2005, 07:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ashran2
The article is in Swedish but i have translated the main thing to english.....

A Mercedes test driver kills a mother of two while doing winter test driving in the northern sweden......

there were13 Mercedes S-class driven from stuttgart germany to arjeplog north of sweden a distance of about 4000km....

the driver says he was doing 50-60km/h when the accident happened but when police tried searching the car all the speed measuring device were taken out.

Usually all the cars are fully equipped with all kinds of device but when the car was handed over to the police.....all the devices were taken out.....

the woman's relatives were saying that test drivers who drive on these roads drive like mad people....without any concern for safety of other people....

last month also there was some trouble with bugatti veyron....when veyron lost control it hit.. a moose instead of some person.... must be very expensive damage....

this is the only time of the year when something exciting happens in this part of the world... but things like these makes everyone angry after all not many people live up here and something like this effects everyone...

we get to see many exciting new cars up here.. bcos almost all the car makers send their car up here for winter testing.....bcos the temperature can go as low as -50C....

That is not cool at all, I was reading an article in which Aston Martin sent their new car to Dubai for excessive heat testing. They were doing about 170+ mph on the local highway (they claim they had the local police chief's blessing). As they were driving the had to swerve around a guy and his camel, while they were in triple-digit speeds. I wonder if Mercedes has to notify anyone that they are testing their cars on the Sweden's highway.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Instructor

Sounds like they are trying to avoid severe legal action against the company. Can you imagine poor MB being critized of being irresponsible? I say jail the FOCKER and sue the hell out of MB for what its worth. Those poor kids will never be the same.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:30 AM
Instructor

Oh and by the way, were there any other eye witnesses?
Old 02-23-2005, 09:50 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by TLer
Oh and by the way, were there any other eye witnesses?
i guess there were not any eyewitness....

and also...the equipment that were removed were quickly hidden and are not being given to the polis .... they are saying that the equipments are very expensive and the polis will probably damage.... them.....

this has made the town people more angry that they care for equipments more than the human life...

also the local polis is to be blamed partly for not taking action against the driver immediately....
Old 02-23-2005, 09:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
whey dont the keep the testdrivers on closed roads?
Old 02-23-2005, 09:56 AM
Instructor

Oh that makes me mad. Mad enough to boycott the brand. Actually come to think of it I did that a while ago but it makes me mad none the less.