Why is there a strip of black tape over the lights on these M3s?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2001, 07:56 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by chizad1980:
GotTurbo-
You're a fag. I just hope that you don't have as many problems as the other Audi owners out there.

</font>
Wow, that was such an original reply! Did it take you long to think that up SpecialEd boy?

------------------
2001 S4
Old 06-19-2001, 08:01 PM
magnet

this post is so old why did u bring it back

------------------
2001 3.5 cl type s,custom voltage blue paint job, comptech headers, 18 inch ssr agle strusse rims(painted voltage blue with chrome lip), greddy evo exhaust, cross drilled rotors, pioneer avx 7000 tv, playstation2, aem cold air intake,nos fuel pressure regulator, piaa ion yellow fog lights, slammed on nex suspension (level ten torque converter, dommed topped pistons, mdx crankshaft, rods , bearings, heads ported and polished,s-afc,
INFECTED WITH POST WHORE SYNDROME
Old 06-19-2001, 08:11 PM
7th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mchtypeS:
this post is so old why did u bring it back

</font>
Because of the number of unbelievably dumb posts as to what the tape was...Obviously a bunch of wannabe racers. Acura a performance car? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

------------------
2001 S4
Old 06-19-2001, 08:37 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Your mom:
Because of the number of unbelievably dumb posts as to what the tape was...Obviously a bunch of wannabe racers. Acura a performance car? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!

</font>
and your car is???????????

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill
Custom BASS by <A HREF="http://www.Streeteffectz.com

01'Acura" TARGET=_blank>www.Streeteffectz.com

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
No Mods yet but just wait......
Old 06-19-2001, 09:03 PM
Pro

Those cars are at a track. The tape is there to prevent damage from stones kicked up by other cars.
Old 06-19-2001, 09:04 PM
7th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eclipse23:
and your car is???????????
</font>
And you are???? Wait, why are you even talking to me. You drive a womans car. An automatic at that....

------------------
2001 S4
Old 06-19-2001, 09:07 PM
7th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by someguy:
Those cars are at a track. The tape is there to prevent damage from stones kicked up by other cars. </font>
Finally!!! Someguy that knows what he's talking about!!! Also to prevent broken plastic/glass from littering the track...

------------------
2001 S4
Old 06-19-2001, 09:17 PM
STi

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Finally!!! Someguy that knows what he's talking about!!! Also to prevent broken plastic/glass from littering the track...</font>
Dude, you didn't actually read the first page of this post, and someone already got this tape thingy figure it out here's the answer
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I think they do that when they ran on the race track, and the tape is probably a protective covering from the small debris to prevent breaking the headlight lens, or if the headlight got hit by stone the tape will hold or prevent shattering headlight glasses on the track.. Just my 2 cents</font>
------------------
1990Si
2001CL-S
Old 06-19-2001, 09:32 PM
7th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 4thGSi:
</font>
Actually, I did read it. But the number of dumb posts simply overwhelmed the number of right posts...

------------------
2001 S4
Old 06-19-2001, 09:44 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Actually, I did read it. But the number of dumb posts simply overwhelmed the number of right posts...

</font>

kind of like yours.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
Old 06-19-2001, 09:49 PM
7th Gear

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eclipse23:

kind of like yours.
</font>
Don't be mad just because you drive a womans car...maybe one day you can have a real one!!!

------------------
2001 S4
Old 06-19-2001, 09:51 PM
Advanced

And you are???? Wait, why are you even talking to me. You drive a womans car. An automatic at that....

</font>
Dude, so what do you think your car is all big and bad!!!anyone can take a 1.8t with a few grand in mods and be better off then any S4 for like 10 grand less...By the way, I have driven a few S4 and hate them!! The stick shift feels like butter!!

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
also 97 Dakar yellow M3 and 99 Tacoma
Old 06-19-2001, 10:12 PM
7th Gear

[quote]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by ATLCL-S:
Dude, so what do you think your car is all big and bad!!!anyone can take a 1.8t with a few grand in mods and be better off then any S4 for like 10 grand less...By the way, I have driven a few S4 and hate them!! The stick shift feels like butter!!
</font>
Define "better". What do you consider better? Why did you hate the car? Is it because it wasn't yours and you knew you couldn't have one? Or Maybe because it wasn't a mighty ACURA. Didn't perform like an ACURA huh? hahahaha I've never had anyone drive my car and not walk away with a BIG ASS GRIN on there face. We are talking M3, etc owners here. You own one. If you weren't impressed with the S4, you're lying out your ass... Either that or you're lying about owning an M3....

------------------
2001 S4
Old 06-19-2001, 10:32 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Your mom:
[B] Define "better". What do you consider better? Why did you hate the car? Is it because it wasn't yours and you knew you couldn't have one? Or Maybe because it wasn't a mighty ACURA. Didn't perform like an ACURA huh? hahahaha I've never had anyone drive my car and not walk away with a BIG ASS GRIN on there face. We are talking M3, etc owners here. You own one. If you weren't impressed with the S4, you're lying out your ass... Either that or you're lying about owning an M3....

Why am I lying??? you're just mad because i think you car sucks??? I don't like the S4..oh my god...just like you don't like the CL-S...Dude get a clue, you don't have the greatest car in the world here!!! It's only an S4 not a Ferrari 360..then maybe you could have some say...sounds like you are the one that has the problem here!!!!

------------------
2001 CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
also 97 Dakar yellow M3 and 99 Tacoma
Old 06-19-2001, 10:45 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow this ancient thread has been dug up. Isn't that nice?

Back to more recent threads...

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J RAP CAI
Old 06-19-2001, 11:15 PM
STi

Well history repeats Pls stop posting or replying to this S4 dude(Your Mom) cause this aint going nowhere... peace

------------------
1990Si
2001CL-S
Old 06-19-2001, 11:55 PM
Pro

Define "better". What do you consider better? Why did you hate the car? Is it because it wasn't yours and you knew you couldn't have one? Or Maybe because it wasn't a mighty ACURA. Didn't perform like an ACURA huh? hahahaha I've never had anyone drive my car and not walk away with a BIG ASS GRIN on there face. We are talking M3, etc owners here. You own one. If you weren't impressed with the S4, you're lying out your ass... Either that or you're lying about owning an M3....

</font>
I agree that you will have a silly-ass grin whenever you drive an S4. They are great cars. But, I do think that the S4 and Audi's in general need work on the gearchange. The only Audi's that I have driven were an S4 and a TT Quattro roadster. Both had the same imprecise gearchange. I prefer the shift action to be a little "notchier" as it is on a BMW (I love the ZF shifter on the 328/330) Hopefully when the next generation A4/S4 makes it to the US, Audi will have made the gearchange a little better. That being said, I still liked the S4, but it isn't like an M3.

[This message has been edited by someguy (edited 06-19-2001).]
Old 06-19-2001, 11:59 PM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
We are talking M3, etc owners here. You own one. If you weren't impressed with the S4, you're lying out your ass... Either that or you're lying about owning an M3....

</font>
Hmmmm.... I own an M3 and I'm not impressed by the S4. I don't like turbo lag, plus it handles like a boat compared with an M3.

Don't even get me started on all the blown turbos that owners are dealing with, or the bad blow-off valves either....

------------------
99 M3
dead CL-S

Tom2: The Voice Of Reason and Captain of the Bullshit Police.
Old 06-20-2001, 01:32 PM
Moderator Alumnus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Tom2:
Hmmmm.... I own an M3 and I'm not impressed by the S4. I don't like turbo lag, plus it handles like a boat compared with an M3.

Don't even get me started on all the blown turbos that owners are dealing with, or the bad blow-off valves either....

</font>
Funny how he shut the fuck up when you chimed in Tom. What a deuchebag thanks for the assist!

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
Old 06-20-2001, 02:03 PM
Banned

I have 2 friends who own S4s. Driven both of them. The car is a blast to drive, however, I have to agree about the shifter. Very sloppy. Thats one of the biggest complaints my friends have also about their S4s. It really sucks when you have to shift from 2 to 3rd or 4th to 5th due to the loose shifting.

Also, they both have had their turbos replaced already with less than 20k miles on it.

Overall, nice cars, however like every other car, they need some work.

</font>

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 06-20-2001, 04:33 PM
Instructor

Received 12 Likes on 2 Posts
I love it when people form an alliance or dedication to a car and a car company that couldn't give a shit about anything but the money in your pocket. Hello children...wake up and smell the cash burning. You guys are fighting over the idea that one car company is better than another because you drive the car made by them. That company just managed to get $30,000 or more dollars out of your pocket because they suckered you into thinking it is the best car for the money. Dont compound your stupidity by now claiming that this particular company is better than other car companies. They are BUSINESSES out to make a buck and people like you, fighting over them are morons buying into the so-called "racing heritage" of a car company. Give me a fucking break. If you had any brains you would realize that a car is nothing more than a piece of tin that is useless at best. We have all bought a car that we think will make us look good when going from point A to point B. If you expect anything more than that from a car you are dumber than a box of rocks. Get off your high horses and turbochargers and get back to reality. I think we have all been made a little dumber just by reading the posts in this thread.

------------------
Black_Pride
-2001 CL-"S"pankin New
-BLACK-on-BLACK
-NAVI
-SPOILER
-BACK SEAT WHORE
-SMOKE SCREEN
-OIL SLICK
-REAR FIRING MISSILES
-A "HONK IF YOU THINK I'M JESUS" BUMPER STICKER

"If brains were dangerous, you would be safe!"