What is it with Scion drivers?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2007, 01:20 AM
2006 TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry What is it with Scion drivers?!

I don't understand what it is about Scion drivers - do they honestly think b/c they can pick and choose their mods that they're cars are miraculously faster than anything else out there? This is the mind of a Scion driver - "Hi I drive a Scion, and my kick-ass stereo system adds 50 hp, oh - the spoiler? 100 hp, oh and dont forget the lighting kit - that's another 20 hp!" Uhhh - NO people, just no.

I was driving home today on Buena Vista Drive behind Downtown Disney (I live in Orlando 6 months out of the year and NYC the other half for those of you wondering why my loc says NYC) and this "modded out" Scion creeps up next to me, stays next to me for a few seconds, then FLOORS it. I have an A-Spec body kit, 07- TL-S tail lights, and blacked out headlights... and I guess b/c I modded my car drivers interpret that as "street racer." No, not so much.

Anyway, back on track - he floors it, and my 1st reaction was "this guy can't be srious - he IS joking right?!" I just laughed it off. Then I catch up to him by the light at the end of the road. We're both making lefts onto 535 (for anyone who knows the area) - he takes the turn slowly, then floors it again. I again laughed - but then I was annoyed when he started driving like an ass during a bend in the road and almost hit the curb, so I changed lanes to pass him - HE CUT ME OFF as if in anticipation of my move! At this point I was like I floored it passed him - he subsequently tried to keep up, but he just kept getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. I would've liked to have seen his face/reaction during the 4 seconds it took me to overtake him. I've found that asshole driving is common among Scion drivers... It's like a trait, and an annoying one at that.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:16 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC
I don't understand what it is about Scion drivers - do they honestly think b/c they can pick and choose their mods that they're cars are miraculously faster than anything else out there? This is the mind of a Scion driver - "Hi I drive a Scion, and my kick-ass stereo system adds 50 hp, oh - the spoiler? 100 hp, oh and dont forget the lighting kit - that's another 20 hp!" Uhhh - NO people, just no.

I was driving home today on Buena Vista Drive behind Downtown Disney (I live in Orlando 6 months out of the year and NYC the other half for those of you wondering why my loc says NYC) and this "modded out" Scion creeps up next to me, stays next to me for a few seconds, then FLOORS it. I have an A-Spec body kit, 07- TL-S tail lights, and blacked out headlights... and I guess b/c I modded my car drivers interpret that as "street racer." No, not so much.

Anyway, back on track - he floors it, and my 1st reaction was "this guy can't be srious - he IS joking right?!" I just laughed it off. Then I catch up to him by the light at the end of the road. We're both making lefts onto 535 (for anyone who knows the area) - he takes the turn slowly, then floors it again. I again laughed - but then I was annoyed when he started driving like an ass during a bend in the road and almost hit the curb, so I changed lanes to pass him - HE CUT ME OFF as if in anticipation of my move! At this point I was like I floored it passed him - he subsequently tried to keep up, but he just kept getting smaller and smaller in my rear view mirror. I would've liked to have seen his face/reaction during the 4 seconds it took me to overtake him. I've found that asshole driving is common among Scion drivers... It's like a trait, and an annoying one at that.
Just like how people who drive luxury cars think they're better than everyone else? You're generalizing. Seriously though, I think the reason for this is 1) Scion owners can be young and stupid. 2) Scions are slow and they know it but they don't want everyone else to know it.

I actually own a Scion and love it. But I also know it's one of the slowest production cars on the market. Most Scion owners I know drive like sane normal people but there are those select few (as with any car brand/niche) that ruin it for the rest of us.

My
Old 01-07-2007, 02:32 AM
2006 TL

lol I had a feeling I would find a Scion driver replying to my thread. Yes, there are those people that boost they're already big egos by driving luxury cars, but I'm not one of them. I just think it's ridiculous when people don't know theyre numbers and try to show you up in their inferior-HP cars. Scion ~160 hp; TL ~260 hp. Had he not cut me off I would have ignored him completely. Im sure that you are 100% correct in stating that there are Scion drivers that drive like normal, sane people... but apparently the sane Scion drivers in Central FL are all in hiding. Maybe they're all up in Minnesota? That's it! Your hogging all the good drivers all to yourself! lol But I hear you on the group of ppl who ruin it for a brand... I'm just hoping TL-S owners wont let the badge get to their head and ruin it for us...
Old 01-07-2007, 02:32 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts
You should just let him play his stupid ass game and stayed back. Dont fall into his game! If you get pull over, you can't blame noone but yourself.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:34 AM
mmmmmm....

lol I had a feeling I would find a Scion driver replying to my thread. Yes, there are those people that boost they're already big egos by driving luxury cars, but I'm not one of them. I just think it's ridiculous when people don't know theyre numbers and try to show you up in their inferior-HP cars. Scion ~160 hp; TL ~260 hp. Had he not cut me off I would have ignored him completely. Im sure that you are 100% correct in stating that there are Scion drivers that drive like normal, sane people... but apparently the sane Scion drivers in Central FL are all in hiding. Maybe they're all up in Minnesota? That's it! Your hogging all the good drivers all to yourself! lol But I hear you on the group of ppl who ruin it for a brand... I'm just hoping TL-S owners wont let the badge get to their head and ruin it for us...
I dont know where you have been but its not just scion....there are tons of people try to race with their rockets..
Old 01-07-2007, 02:35 AM
Instructor

I see scion drivers on the BQE driving like idiots all the time.. esp the TC scion
Old 01-07-2007, 02:36 AM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Haven't noticed it anymore with the scions
Old 01-07-2007, 02:39 AM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
You should just let him play his stupid ass game and stayed back. Dont fall into his game! If you get pull over, you can't blame noone but yourself.
I didn't want to be behind him after the stupid move he made almost driving his car into the curb... scared the everlivin' outta me! He was going back and forth in the right lane during the bend in the road and almost hit the curb... so I (and the car next to me) immediately brake. Thats when I decided "I am not driving behind this guy anymore... next time he might actually hit the damn thing!" It's like when I approach a drunk driver (which I've had to about 3 times) - I would much rather be far in front of them where I know I'm safe then right behind them where a multitude of dumb shit can happen.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:40 AM
mmmmmm....

Originally Posted by Bklyn02TypeS
I see scion drivers on the BQE driving like idiots all the time.. esp the TC scion
wtf? others try to race with their xc? or that matchbox car?
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 AM
mmmmmm....

I didn't want to be behind him after the stupid move he made almost driving his car into the curb... scared the everlivin' outta me! He was going back and forth in the right lane during the bend in the road and almost hit the curb... so I (and the car next to me) immediately brake. Thats when I decided "I am not driving behind this guy anymore... next time he might actually hit the damn thing!" It's like when I approach a drunk driver (which I've had to about 3 times) - I would much rather be far in front of them where I know I'm safe then right behind them where a multitude of dumb shit can happen.
wow, what a fucktard! I would fucking call the cop and report his ass for driving like that.
Old 01-07-2007, 02:43 AM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by Bklyn02TypeS
I hear ya... yeah tonight's lil incident was w/ a TC as well. If you can single out a "tC" as being a bad driver on the BQE - that must fall under "world's worst driving" category!
Old 01-07-2007, 02:49 AM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
wow, what a fucktard! I would fucking call the cop and report his ass for driving like that.
well I guess "wheres a cop when ya need one" would be suitable here. I was suprised, too - usually around that particular bend in the road there is an unmarked unit sitting in the grass divider waiting to pull someone over. Oh well, hopefully they will learn to drive b4 they hurt themselves or others.
Old 01-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Three Wheelin'

Funny you mention that cause the only problem I have had with scion drivers was in orlando lol!
Old 01-07-2007, 04:07 AM
Moto Enthusiast

This thread can easily be changed to "What is it with _______ drivers?!" as in fill in the blank. I've had more Hondas rev against me at stop lights than any Scion. Most of the time they're Civic drivers, but just 2 days ago this moron with ricey fart cans on his Accord coupe tried to race me when I was on my Ducati. Hmm....an 800cc 350lb bike against a 4000lb car. Needless to say, I didn't even humor the ass and allowed him to happily squeel his front tires when the light turned green. Wow, burning rubber with the front tires is soooo cool . On any given forum, you'll come across a "What's up with BMW drivers?" as well. The streets are occupied with dumb asses not specific to any general make.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:54 AM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by taitando
This thread can easily be changed to "What is it with _______ drivers?!" as in fill in the blank. I've had more Hondas rev against me at stop lights than any Scion. Most of the time they're Civic drivers, but just 2 days ago this moron with ricey fart cans on his Accord coupe tried to race me when I was on my Ducati. Hmm....an 800cc 350lb bike against a 4000lb car. Needless to say, I didn't even humor the ass and allowed him to happily squeel his front tires when the light turned green. Wow, burning rubber with the front tires is soooo cool . On any given forum, you'll come across a "What's up with BMW drivers?" as well. The streets are occupied with dumb asses not specific to any general make.
lol I was actually going to comment about Civic drivers as well. I HATE the fart can exhaust wannabes. IT doesnt even sound nice, it's just loud. No, scratch that - obnoxious! But as long as we're talking about other cars...

If anyone wants to talk about other cars that have annoyed them or ppl that drive like assholes, feel free... vent away!
Old 01-07-2007, 11:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by taitando
That's what I'm saying. It's not just Scion drivers, any driver can act like an idiot. Especially when it comes to really cheap cars and really expensive cars. Cheap cars because kids can afford them (Civics, Scions, etc) and expensive cars because the drivers think they're better than everyone else. I can't tell you how many times I've seen Bimmerheads run stopsigns and cut people off.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Three Wheelin'

Sure, you'll get someone replying to this thread in defense of Scion. You basically called Scion drivers reckless and stupid. All I'm saying is it's not just Scion owners drive like douchebags.

And yes, I think you're playing a bit of ego here. "What's this idiot doing? Can't he see that I'm driving a 2007 Acura TL A Spec??? Doesn't he know that my 260hp makes me better than him?? ...did I mention it's an A Spec?"
Old 01-07-2007, 11:20 AM
Race Director

For anybody who lives in charlotte I have one word for you, Stonecrest. This is an area where theres a thearter some stores and pretty much everyone hangs out there. I do agree there are a lot of modded scions, some civicis, some big ass trucks, and even a minivan. Now some of them really do have HP and stuff like that but otheres its just like uhh yeah ok.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:28 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
I think a mod here drives one
Old 01-07-2007, 12:25 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts
It took you 4 seconds to overtake a Scion?! Tisk tisk, jk
Old 01-07-2007, 12:35 PM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by FiftyFive
It took you 4 seconds to overtake a Scion?! Tisk tisk, jk
No - i just picked a random # lol
Old 01-07-2007, 12:38 PM
Suzuka Master

I've came across a few tC's that drive like idiots and a few that tried to race me. I just ignore them, as trying to race them would be a waste of my gas or risk me getting a ticket. I just let them go ahead as one day they will either get pulled over or crash.

The worst cars by far driven by idiots are Civics though. It hasn't gotten better with the new Si, as it seems every Si that I run into wants to race.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:51 PM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by AcuraFan
Sure, you'll get someone replying to this thread in defense of Scion. You basically called Scion drivers reckless and stupid. All I'm saying is it's not just Scion owners drive like douchebags.

And yes, I think you're playing a bit of ego here. "What's this idiot doing? Can't he see that I'm driving a 2007 Acura TL A Spec??? Doesn't he know that my 260hp makes me better than him?? ...did I mention it's an A Spec?"
You're entitled to your opinion but IMO I didn't play any ego. It's called logic. (and it's a 2006 TL ) I don't think my 260 hp makes me "better" than him. Faster, yes. Better? Not so much. This is what I meant when I said something like "he doesn't know his #'s very well." That would be like me approaching an M5 and trying to race him... I would be an IDIOT! That's all I'm saying.

I am aware of the fact that it is not just Scion drivers, but in this instance, it was - If it would make people happy for me to generate a list of asshole drivers so I'm not sounding too biased and "egotistical," I'm pretty sure I'd be readily able to appease them. I didn't mean to offend anyone, and I apologize if you took offense, I was just venting. I realized I was generalizing halfway into the thread, which is why I stated if anyone else wants to talk about another particular group of cars to go right ahead... and low and behold - as I predicted - Civics came up. Suprise Suprise.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:57 PM
Moto Enthusiast

lol I was actually going to comment about Civic drivers as well. I HATE the fart can exhaust wannabes. IT doesnt even sound nice, it's just loud. No, scratch that - obnoxious! But as long as we're talking about other cars...
The funniest part is how they gun it from the light making that loud obnoxious lawn mower sound, but the car hardly moves at all.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:03 PM
2006 TL

One was driving next to me the other day adn we were both waiting for a green light... Green comes, I accelerate normally, as did he... My g/f was looking @ his car with that classic "wtf" face and it just made me laugh. We were literally going less than 20 mph, as we were approaching the next red light, and if I wasn't looking over to my right, I would've sworn that there was a motorcycle there. I give him props for not being a showoff and trying to race everyone, though.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:21 PM
We dont love these hoes

Come on guys cut them SOME slack, their life sucks that much already because they are driving a shitty ass scion.
Old 01-07-2007, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I dono...I have a Scion xB, realize it's got a little over 100hp under the hood, not once did I ever try to race someone in it. That would be plain stupid...
Old 01-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
Originally Posted by Sdog2012
Come on guys cut them SOME slack, their life sucks that much already because they are driving a shitty ass scion.
I drive a Scion, an S2000 and a BMW. I have access to most cars that you might dream about. I also used to have a TL, GS300 and G35...Think my life sucks?

Don't generalize, mkaay?
Old 01-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by Sdog2012

Your fucked...