What pisses you off about people sitting in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009 | 08:41 PM
J23
Intermediate

1. leaving trash in the car
2. fingerprints
3. slamming the doors
4. my dog in the car, I love my dog but he has a tendancy to lick
the windows when left unattended for more than 30 seconds lol.
Old 08-25-2009 | 09:52 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by Babnik
Maybe we should just put this in our cars:

Awesome!!

Old 08-25-2009 | 11:04 PM
Drifting

I used to be much more anal, I actually started a fight with a kid that said my car was a pos. I didn't know him, didn't hear him say it, someone told me. I was pretty much a psycho when I was younger.

Now my biggest problem by far is door slamming, I cannot stand it.

When I was a valet, I could close a door with NO sound no disturbance at all, to the point that people re-closed their door A LOT thinking I must not had closed the door all the way. Even tricked the owner several times. It's all about using one hand to push the top corner of the door in, while pulling slightly on the handle and releasing at just right time... no click.
Obviously I'm pretty easy going.
Old 08-25-2009 | 11:23 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Door slamming and leaving trash in my car.

Most of my friends are respectful of my car but every once in a while they leave their bottles of soda/whatever in the car and I'm wondering if they think I'm their mother.
Old 08-25-2009 | 11:42 PM

Fingerprints
slamming the door
Not being able to play my music as loud
Not being able to drive as hard as I usually do

But overall I like having people in my car. Its nice to have company, though if I had to drive with someone in the passenger seat(s) all the time and have to drop them off everywhere I'd probably go nuts. I guess if its my kids or younger sibling or cousin then its fine, but my friends always want to go here or there. When people leave trash in my car and I see it, I throw it out the window at them

I don't let people smoke or eat in my car... but even smokers are annoying. Even if they smoke before getting in my car and the wind is blowing at 20mph outside, their breath still stinks, their fingers still stink, and their clothes still stink. Gotta leave the windows down on the freeway so that the smell doesn't stick to anything.
Old 08-25-2009 | 11:46 PM
Racer

1. sitting hard on the edge of the seats making the leather crack
2. feet up on the dash
3. touching the radio
Old 08-26-2009 | 05:42 AM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Originally Posted by jtsangAZ
Its not about being anal. I feel like people should respect other people's property.

there are some peeves that are trivial, and take a little bit of elbow grease to clean (window fingerprints, grease marks on the window from a head leaning there, dirt marks on the runningboards, etc...)

Things that really bother me:

1. Do not, for the love of god, set anything on the car (getting in). Your can of soda or box you just got at the store does not go on the roof or hood. Once inside, a soda in the cup holder is fine.

2. Closing the car door with the window. My Subaru has frameless windows, so people like to grab the window and close the door.

3. And for fuck sake, don't get in and start complaining or comparing my car to yours in a derogatory way. Being constructive, and saying things like , "it rides a bit harsh. Is this the factory suspension?" is OK, but don't follow it up with "mine rides so much better". That is a ticket to an ass beating, and a long walk.
Old 08-26-2009 | 07:44 AM
Instructor

I hate the fact when passengers complain on how anal I'm about trying to keep MY car clean. I get the usual "Relax, its just a car", and my response is "yeah but its MY car". In the end, no one is going to appreciate nor respect your shit, because its not theirs.

I don't allow any kind of food, drinking unless its water, and please keep your feet on the t-shirt thats on top of the mats. Thank you, and good-bye.
Old 08-26-2009 | 08:31 AM
Senior Moderator

1. Getting the interior dirty (footprints, scratches, etc)
2. Leaving trash

Most people know not to mess with my car. My sister is even scared to touch it. I offered to let her drive it once and she said "absolutely not".
Old 08-26-2009 | 08:57 AM
Team Owner

I have a 3 year old. None of that crap pisses me off anymore.

Back in the day, I hated when people would do the following.

1. Lean on my car. Almost got into a fight over it.
2. Eat in my car.
3. Place pink pieces of paper measuring about 3 inch wide x 8 inch tall called tickets. This one was my fault.
Old 08-26-2009 | 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

I am much less picky about what people do IN my car than OUTSIDE of it. The interior can almost always be cleaned. Scratches in the paint are a whole different thing. After 5.5 years, I still get pissed about scratches. New ones seem to appear out of nowhere every month or so. Drives me nuts. Lately, there have been some deep ones that I can't get out by detailing. I don't know how they get there, as I always try to park far away from others in the parking lot.
Old 08-26-2009 | 09:11 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

I'm pretty laid back about my car, and fortunately most all of my friends are great, an occasional door slam happens, then I make them feel like a pile of shit and it never happens again. The only thing that really irks me is I have a few friends who insist on sitting with their legs crossed, like they are in a Dr's office reading a magazine and they end up leaving stray foot marks in odd places. Thankfully this is not common, but a lot of the little things don't bother me, dirt on the floor mats is a fact of life and it cleans up in a matter of seconds.
Old 08-26-2009 | 09:21 AM
Race Director

Originally Posted by robocam
I think it's retarded. While I'm sure some joke about it, it's unfortunate that some are truly this anal. This isn't a temple.

I value the company of people, especially my own family. If the car gets dirty, clean it! It's a material possession that WILL go away some day. Hanging onto it as if your life is determined by its fate is silly. Seriously, get your priorities in check.

But I must say that I hope that no one will ever puke in my car.
I agree! Although, yeah slamming on your doors isn't good, but if you don't slam on the doors sometimes it won't close all the way. That's why I got a dark colored interior so that it won't get dirty quickly, but if there are stains I just clean it up.

All of us will eventually either trade in or sell the car one day as hard as it has to be. I actually care more about where to park my car and such more.
Old 08-26-2009 | 09:42 AM
registered pw

As of now, no one really rides in it except the wife and i.

The one thing that does irritate me is when the tire store likes to leave a little bit of the grease from their hands on the armrest as a reminder of their service.
Old 08-26-2009 | 09:44 AM
Cruisin'

1) Grabbing the door handles to open the door before it's UNlocked! (Both inside and outside the car)

2) Kicking the sideskirt when getting in and out of the car!

3) Closing the door before they fully pull there feet in the car which causes the door panels and the side sills to get dirty and scratched up! ( I hate that)

4) Fingerprints on the class and tint!

5) I rather not have a backseat passenger!
Old 08-26-2009 | 09:45 AM
Your mom is in

I hate it when girls put their feet up on the dash on long trips...its disgusting.

Oh yea, I agree with just about everything else said.
Old 08-26-2009 | 09:50 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Originally Posted by cjTL
So the jackass wasn't sitting in my car thank god, but someone decided to put a granola bar on my roof today in the student parking lot.

So this can go on the list too.
1) Vandalism.
I found a muffin wrapper and crumbs on my roof, along with spilled soda, and a key mark along my hood. Thankfully, that was on my old car, which I got rid of soon after. Still pissed the hell out of me however. Don't people have any respect whatsoever?
Old 08-26-2009 | 10:06 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

And it's really annoying when people get annoyed about how picky you are about your cars. Especially the "What's a big deal, it's just a car. It's not like it's a Mercedes or something."

1. If you don't like it, take public transportation. I'm being nice by letting you ride in my car, I can kick you out just as quickly.
2. It's not the fact that it's A car that bothers me. It's the fact that it's MY car. For most of us here, it's our prized possesion, and likely the second most important purchase we'll ever make, after a house. Don't disrespect that by making that job harder than it already is. Nobody has the right to be that ignorant.
Old 08-26-2009 | 10:16 AM
Sounders FC

Backseat drivers....STFU!
Old 08-26-2009 | 12:24 PM
Burning Brakes

1. Touching the radio dials or messing with my iPod/iPhone when it's plugged in.
2. Leaving trash in the car
Old 08-26-2009 | 01:05 PM
Three Wheelin'

1 slamming the doors

2 not paying attention and the door latches while locked not completely shutting, which then makes them have to push the door closed but instead of using common sense try and push really hard on the sheetmetal of the door causing dents!

3 rear seat passangers ramming their knees into the front seats

4 rear seat passengers grabbing the front seats headrests or next to headrests to either get out of car or adjust their lazy butts!

5 not making sure the seatbelt retracts into place and consequently slamming them in the door cause they're hanging out!
Old 08-26-2009 | 01:19 PM
Burning Brakes

A passenger putting their feet on the dash is a safety issue. It not only obstructs the driver's view, but is very dangerous for the passenger in case of a crash, or even a hard sudden brake. The seat and seatbelt and airbag were designed to hold the person in a sitting position with their feet on the floor, not slumped down with their legs up on the dash.

So the next time someone does it you can phrase it that way and then instead of looking like someone who's anal about his car you'll just look like someone who is concerned about his passengers' safety.
Old 08-26-2009 | 01:21 PM
failhard.

People slamming the doors.

There's also a shitload of mysterious little nail marks above the passenger door that no one takes responsibility for. Are you so fkn heavy that you need to hold onto the top of my door for dear life?
Old 08-26-2009 | 01:40 PM
Advanced

argh

they weigh down my car!

oily hands touching things

talking during music (even while im turning it up)

opening the door before i can roll up the windows

asking to drive! wtf

grabbing on to things and panicking when i am clearly in control of my aggressive driving
Old 08-26-2009 | 01:50 PM
Three Wheelin'

Stuffing crap into the back pockets of the seat...gay.
Old 08-26-2009 | 02:04 PM
Advanced

1. slamming the door so hard that the map pocket pops open!
2. trying to open the door before i put it into park.
3. opening the door before i close the windows...
4. shutting the trunk by putting their greasy hands on the paint instead of the handle on the inside of the rear..
5. standing outside the car after i unlock the door, its not a stripped hyundai, i dont have to get in and reach across to unlock your door!!
Old 08-26-2009 | 06:27 PM
Racer

Seriously, I don't know why people slam the door so hard, everybody, no just everyone just slam the door! I don't know why?! It seem that I m not only victim of that "slam the door" here and seriously when the F#*k they gonna learn?

My car is black, so when sometime when my car is dirty people tend to draw in my surface paint!! I YELL the hell out and start cursing when people do that. Damn! people are retard those days!

Also my car is tinted with Huper Optik brand and they quite expensive and people tend to touch the window, rubs, scratch and ect... (sigh...)

And the rest that was post here I agree with just about everything else said.

I love my friends, my family, my girlfriend, my boss and my co-worker friends but they pissed me off the hell out when they are in my car.

Old 08-26-2009 | 06:34 PM
#GOBULLS

Slamming the doors really pisses me off like the rest of you

I do not allow eating in my car

Messing with my vents like they are toys

Rolling the windows up and down a million times to piss me off on purpose

Tying their shoes on my dash

My biggest one is when people make fun of me for being anal about my car after I just yelled at them
Old 08-26-2009 | 06:55 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
Awesome!!

Yeah, but the English is bad. There's a double negative.
Old 08-26-2009 | 07:06 PM
Senior Moderator

Backseat drivers..

I've been through hell and back, meanwhile I have some ditz behind me who has totalled several cars telling ME how to drive..
Old 08-26-2009 | 07:18 PM
Burning Brakes

I actually had a friend who complained about how SLOWLY I accelerated. Well, sorry if I want to drive smoothly instead of gunning to redline at every stoplight.
Old 08-26-2009 | 07:43 PM
Suzuka Master

1. Slamming doors (understandable, the doors on the TL are almost self closing)
2. Walking on grass/dirt then getting inside
3. Leaving shit behind
Old 08-26-2009 | 08:24 PM
an asshole from florida

its come down to people who get in my car and do anything but sit there. i get paranoid now, which is why i dont offer up to drive anywhere anymore

ive ended up with whip cream on my ceiling before. dont ask me i dont know either.
the arm rest in the back seat in the center is broken now.
ive had my leather seats rip from dumb shit
Old 08-27-2009 | 02:01 AM
Down for a photoshoot?

1. Slamming the doors
2. Adding to the total weight of my car
3. Opening the doors without any thought that my car is lowered, thereby scraping into the cement sidewalk ... ticked me off pretty badly ...
Old 08-27-2009 | 10:29 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

One thing that pissed me off to no end a few months ago when I had my Cavalier:

My aunt was backing out of her driveway, and rammed right into the driver's side back door of my car which was parked across the street, causing a massive dent. She apologized and went back to what she was doing. Didn't even offer to pay for it. I talked with my mom and she told me not to ask because it would be rude. As if backing into my car and not paying wasn't rude enough. Mechanic ended up trying to knock it out with a hammer, and cracked the sheetmetal I've become so anal about this car because I know in the long run it's gonna prevent me from getting screwed over.
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AMAN1

My aunt was backing out of her driveway, and rammed right into the driver's side back door of my car which was parked across the street, causing a massive dent. She apologized and went back to what she was doing. Didn't even offer to pay for it. I talked with my mom and she told me not to ask because it would be rude. As if backing into my car and not paying wasn't rude enough. Mechanic ended up trying to knock it out with a hammer, and cracked the sheetmetal I've become so anal about this car because I know in the long run it's gonna prevent me from getting screwed over.
Nothing rude at all about not only asking, but what you really should do is demand that she pay for the damage for which she is responsible. If she were to refuse, I'll be she wouldn't like it if you took a sledge hammer to her car, but that, in effect is what she did to yours. This is NOT an accident... it is a mishap or maybe an unintended consequence of a deliberate action which she chose to take.

She needs to pay for her mishap and make you whole again.

BTW, isn't it strange that when someone does this to your car, no one seems to think they are in need of some sort of punishment but if you take revenge and damage their car, you are viewed in a very negative light?
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:11 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by AMAN1

Get some stickers that look like bullet holes, plus the baseball in the windshield attachment.

Put a note on the car from you that says "Sorry"
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:39 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

I would've asked if she was going to pay but my mom told me not to, it wasn't worth it blah blah. Annoyed me at the time, but It's since been trashed so no big. If it was with my current car I would've went ape-shit.
Old 08-27-2009 | 11:50 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Nothing rude at all about not only asking, but what you really should do is demand that she pay for the damage for which she is responsible. If she were to refuse, I'll be she wouldn't like it if you took a sledge hammer to her car, but that, in effect is what she did to yours. This is NOT an accident... it is a mishap or maybe an unintended consequence of a deliberate action which she chose to take.

She needs to pay for her mishap and make you whole again.

BTW, isn't it strange that when someone does this to your car, no one seems to think they are in need of some sort of punishment but if you take revenge and damage their car, you are viewed in a very negative light?
it was a POS 92 Cavalier, she drove a brand new Caravan...also a POS but it was on lease so I couldn't do anything

I think the only reason revenge is looked down upon is because it eliminates any chance that it was done by accident and it shows that you have to stoop down to a lower level to get what you want.
Old 08-27-2009 | 12:11 PM
Senior Moderator

Older i get the less i care. People eat and drink in my car.

I clean the car weekly so you can never tell.

The light colored interior does get annoying though. I been cleaning the leather almost every 3 days because i can see marks left from others on the seats.

Quick Reply: What pisses you off about people sitting in your car?