What pisses you off about people sitting in your car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
1. Dog puking in car
2. Smoking in car (pet peeve)
3. Feet on dash/windshield

I do allow food/drinks in the car, but nothing that leaves crumbs, like chips.
DropStop helps.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:01 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
1.) Slamming the doors
2.) Such in a hurry to get out that they cannot wait for me to unlock the door, and instead lifts the lock manually..
3.) Having friends that fight over shotgun and playing the game ( call shotgun within couple feet of the car, or whoever gets to the car 1st w/e something like that)... so immature.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:44 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1. When they get in the car and turn down my radio so they can talk on the phone. Always will start a fight.

2. When i have the AC on and they put down the window. There is dual zone i will turn it on. Same thing with the heat

3. My ex used to get in the car turn on the seat heaters and put her foot on the dash. I swear that's why i left her. Just playing.

4. Unlocking the door manually before the car unlocks itself.

5. Females getting in my car with makeup and smearing that sh*t all over the roof liner and the mirror. One girl had glitter on her body and after a year the sh*t is still on my seat.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:18 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bigdell215
1. When they get in the car and turn down my radio so they can talk on the phone. Always will start a fight.

2. When i have the AC on and they put down the window. There is dual zone i will turn it on. Same thing with the heat

3. My ex used to get in the car turn on the seat heaters and put her foot on the dash. I swear that's why i left her. Just playing.

4. Unlocking the door manually before the car unlocks itself.

5. Females getting in my car with makeup and smearing that sh*t all over the roof liner and the mirror. One girl had glitter on her body and after a year the sh*t is still on my seat.
Old 08-25-2009, 09:48 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1. Slamming doors
2. finger prints
3. dirtying my doors when they get out cause they don't know how to use their arms to push the door open.
4. dirtying my kick boards
5. SLAMMING MY TRUNK
6. girls who try to tell me how to drive..funny
7. everything else in this thread.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:02 AM
I fixed the glitch

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
EDIT: **PEOPLE WHO CANNOT HOLD THEIR LIQUOR AND THROW UP....**
1. Slamming doors.
2. Slamming the trunk to the point it bounces back open...
3. My best friend use to put his feet on the dash of my old Grand Cherokee... and did it once in the TL....
4. Friends putting their hands on the windows
5. Opening the windows and acting like children.
6. Trying to open the door before I put the vehicle in park.
7. Putting their feet on the armrest.
8. Slamming the seatbelt in the door.

I'm like that guy in that old commercial whose friends call and yell, "SCOTTIE!!!!!" I'm the one with the career while the others are in school.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:03 AM
ChicagoNick

My gf ALWAYS leaves garbage, her mail/bills, and her own car keys in the side pockets. She knows it bothers me so she continues to do it. Then she complains that she can't find her car keys.

Women have purses, why don't they just leave all their wonderful things in said purses....
Old 08-25-2009, 10:05 AM
I fixed the glitch

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ChicagoNick
My gf ALWAYS leaves garbage, her mail/bills, and her own car keys in the side pockets. She knows it bothers me so she continues to do it. Then she complains that she can't find her car keys.

Women have purses, why don't they just leave all their wonderful things in said purses....
A woman's purse: A dark and mysterious place.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:24 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
1. Slamming doors: I've even demonstrated how to close it properly, and people CONTINUE to slam it their way. Really?
2. People who turn the radio up when "their" song comes on. I'll just turn it right back down.
3. People who turn the radio down when they talk ont he phone. I've only had this happen once, and the bitch stayed on the phone for the whole car ride. usually I have the decency to turn the radio down anyways when I'm with friends.
4. Something I realized on a recent trip to D.C.: Really bad navigators that don't give you directions until the last second.
5. People who get bored of the radio so they try and mess around to change the channel and end up messing everything up.
6. Asking if they can drive, and then begging if they can drive: I personally see no reason why they should drive instead of me. You wanna drive, get your own car. I especially hate people that ask you to teach them to drive and expect you to do it in your own car. Why should I waste my gas and risk my car just because someone is too cheap to pay for driving lessons?
7. Rolling down the windows with the A/C on. I've gotten into the habit of locking the windows when the A/C is on.
8. Idiots who turn the A/C on blast and then adjust every vent to blow right in their face.
9. People who have absolutely no muscle whatsoever and sway and jerk with every tiny movement in the car. There was one girl i used to drive home that would always slouch. When I accelerated at all her head would smack the back of the passenger seat. and she'd lean left and right whenever I'm turning. I mean seriously, I'm not a crazy driver why are you doing that?
10. People who start eating without asking. Heck, people who ask to eat. Nobody eats in my car.
11. People who put their feet up on the dash. I tell them to get their feet off, it smells and I can't see.
12. People who adjust the passenger seat for a 5 minute trip. annoying
13. People who throw the seatbelt against the window or B-pillar.
14. People who can't wait to get out and try to unlock the doors themselves. i'll unlock the doors and in their struggle they'll lock it again and become frustrated. I just tell them to stop messing around, they don't know what they're doing.

For the most part, people understand how much I value my car and respect it. I'll give them a ride anytime. But then there are those that treat my car like their mom's Kia. Those people annoy the crap out of me, especially when they act insulted when you as them to stop doing something to the car. If you don't like it, my car's got 4 doors. Take your pick.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Argh... Good topic, I need to rant.

1) Slamming my doors, it seems NO ONE knows how to close a door properly. Why do people not realize you don't have to slam a door to close it? I think that's probably the reason my alarm has been going off on its own lately, people kept slamming the doors and damaged some sensor or something.

2) People bringing in food and saying OH don't worry I won't spill anything, and then later I find french fries and salt on my backseat. This usually happens when I drive people to lunch, and since I work with a bunch of loser college kids most of who don't have cars I'm usually the one driving.

3) When people who sit in the backseat leave footprints on the seatback. How hard is it to keep your damn feet on the floor?

4) In winter, not making an attempt to knock the slush off their shoes before getting in.

Last edited by Babnik; 08-25-2009 at 10:31 AM.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:33 AM
hmmmmmm...oh wait... nvm.

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
that is very true... AGREE
Old 08-25-2009, 10:38 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
Gentlemen, and ladies;

It's YOUR car! It's YOUR property! You have every right to demand, not ask, people to do as you say when under YOUR domain. House, car, real property, personal property... makes no difference. It is YOURS.
But what if the person is your boss? It might be smarter to just not say anything then.
Old 08-25-2009, 10:48 AM
#1 Super Guy!

Received 510 Likes on 367 Posts
Originally Posted by AMAN1
13. People who throw the seatbelt against the window or B-pillar.
This is a good one I forgot about. My wife does this almost every time. I've yet to say something cause we don't go out much, but it's coming...
Old 08-25-2009, 10:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by AMAN1
4. Something I realized on a recent trip to D.C.: Really bad navigators that don't give you directions until the last second.
I had that too! Friend tells me this is the exit I should take after I was almost past it. I was like, Dude I'm the left-most lane going 140 km/h how the hell am I supposed to cut across 3 lanes to take this exit? Do you have a death wish? Next time tell me sooner.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:09 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
But what if the person is your boss? It might be smarter to just not say anything then.
That's up to you and the position/importance you hold with the company and your boss. However, it's still your property and he should be understanding of that. Assert yourself and you may find it could actually work in your favor.

Me? It wouldn't matter because it's my car and what I say goes. The boss will just have to suck it up. Besides, our project is winding down so we're in a layoff mode.. I'm out next month.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:12 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantom_of_the_Acura
3.) Getting into my car uninvited.
2.) Pulling out a gun and pointing it at me.
1.) Telling me to get the hell out of the car and leave the keys and my wallet.

Granted that has to be the thing that would piss me off the most other than that the normal tracking dirt in is annoying.
Just another reason to carry your own gun and have it at the ready. I don't leave home without one.
Old 08-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Instructor

Slamming doors AGGHHHHHHHHHHH.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:22 PM
FTW

Received 84 Likes on 45 Posts
1. seatbelt gets caught between the door and the person continues to slam the door shut! this one makes me cry.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:23 PM
Instructor

1.Slamming my doors!
2.Slamming my doors!
3.Tracking up my floor mats!
Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by lusid
1. seatbelt gets caught between the door and the person continues to slam the door shut! this one makes me cry.
Yes, I have several small dents from just this........
Old 08-25-2009, 01:25 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 167 Likes on 140 Posts
1. Opening window when A/C is on.
2. I have one friend I swear who is retarded. He seems to have A.D.D and only opens the window when its raining out.
3. People eating in the car. I always end up cleaning up after them. ( of course everyone now knows not to eat in the car or they end up walking )
4. Passenger leaning on the armrest ( in between driver and passenger ) despite me needing access to the compartment. Its like I have to tell them to move their arm even if im jerking the armrest open.
5. Slamming doors and trunk
6. When friends are on their cell phone and then have the nerve to lower my radio as if its distracting them. Did you want to hang out or chat on the phone while im driving?
7. when your friend is the substitute for your Navigation system. Tells you when to exit AFTER you past it. Then has the nerve to give you an attitude because he told you after you missed Le sortie.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:32 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by Babnik
If he's your boss he probably has a better car than you and you should be taking his instead of yours.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:59 PM
NBP REPRESENT

Originally Posted by robocam
I think it's retarded. While I'm sure some joke Hanging onto it as if your life is determined by its fate is silly. Seriously, get your priorities in check.

But I must say that I hope that no one will ever puke in my car.

if i dont get my car dirty on the inside, i dont have to clean it...
its not about being anal, its about taking care of your possessions so they last long...
Old 08-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
When my wife (primary offender) kneels on the seat to get my toddler son out of his car seat, causing it to wrinkle.

When people (wife is primary offender, and then my son) leave crumbs, wrappers, garbage behind in my car.

When my wife puts her legs up on the dash and her toes touch my windshield.

Seems like I need a new wife.
Old 08-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
When my wife (primary offender) When my wife puts her legs up on the dash and her toes touch my windshield.
Seems like I need a new wife.
My wife does the same thing.......
Old 08-25-2009, 03:08 PM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
So the jackass wasn't sitting in my car thank god, but someone decided to put a granola bar on my roof today in the student parking lot.

So this can go on the list too.
1) Vandalism.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:13 PM
Mistuh DRiiVA

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by LoveMyTL-S
1. Dog puking in car
2. Smoking in car (pet peeve)
3. Feet on dash/windshield

I do allow food/drinks in the car, but nothing that leaves crumbs, like chips.
DropStop helps.
LOL i second number one on this list. SO hard to clean!!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Funny thread,

Seems like 'slamming doors' is the most popular one and i hate it too. I tell people all the time it isn't an 86 chevy pickup, you don't need to slam it.

I also hate when people turn on my seat heater with out me knowing it and i am all hungover and break out in a sweat and blurt out 'Gawd it is f'ing hot in here' and they all start laughing.
Old 08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Well I'm not going to say people eating in my car because they DON'T.

When my car was new, I was proudly showing it off to my mom and took her for a spin. When she tried to get out of the car, the passenger door kept closing on her and she kicked it open with her shoe. I told her if she ever touched my car with her foot again I'd chop it off.

Ha, I predict this is going to be one of the biggest threads ever, we are so neurotic about our TLs!
Old 08-25-2009, 03:50 PM
05' AT SSM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lusid
Crazy this happened 2 weeks ago when my grandpa was riding with me!
Old 08-25-2009, 04:06 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Ms1995hoo is the only person who regularly rides in my TL other than me. She doesn't slam the doors, so that's not on my list. I've noted the following:

(1) Letting the seatbelt go so that the buckle smacks up against the B-pillar. I can see a very small (many people would say so small as to be insignificant) ding in the plastic where the buckle keeps hitting it. I told her to quit it and she thinks I'm just being neurotic.

(2) Hitting the door unlock switch even though the doors already unlocked when I turned off the car.

(3) Backseat driving.

(4) Insisting on moving the passenger seat too far forward (in fairness, she has trouble reaching the passenger door to close it if the seat is too far back) and then not putting it back the way it was after getting out of the car.

(5) Inevitably goes to buckle, or unbuckle, her seatbelt right as I go to open the center armrest to get my wallet or my cellphone. Then she blames me for bopping her arm with the armrest even though she knows that's where my wallet is.

A few years back when my mother and father were riding with me on the way to a friend's wedding in North Carolina, my mother was grading papers (she's a teacher) and her pen came very close to hitting the leather on the passenger-side door. I told her that if she didn't keep the pen away from the door I'd grab it and throw it away at the next rest area (this is before Virginia closed the rest areas.....).

My father does the following two things that are annoying, but he doesn't ride with me very often at all, maybe once a year:

(1) He will not adjust the position of the passenger seat until the car is turned on, meaning that if my mother or my brother is sitting behind him, they have to wait outside the car until I've turned it on and my father gets in and puts the seat forward. I think he believes it drains the battery to move the seat with the car off. I suppose it does use battery power, but it's such an insignificant amount (because the seat seldom gets moved) that it doesn't matter.

(2) If he rides in the back, he puts the center armrest down (which is fine) and doesn't put it back up when he gets out of the car (which is not fine). I think I've had someone riding in the back seat perhaps six times in the five years I've had the TL, so I prefer that armrest to be left up when not in use.

Nobody eats or smokes in the car because I don't allow it, but then I don't have any friends nor immediate family who smoke anyway. I will not use the drive-thru at a fast-food place, and any food bought as carryout must go in the trunk until arrival at home (or at the football tailgate) so that the food aroma does not get into the car.

Regardless of who the passenger is, anyone who farts in the car becomes persona non grata.
Old 08-25-2009, 04:54 PM
DuDeChEwY

slamming the door
asking me if they can drive my car
leaving behind their crap
pushing buttons
eating or drinking in the car...
Old 08-25-2009, 05:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
any food bought as carryout must go in the trunk until arrival at home (or at the football tailgate) so that the food aroma does not get into the car.
I carry fast food in my car often (at least twice a week) and there is no food aroma in my car, so I don't think you have to worry about this, as long as it's not certain ethnic foods. A good air freshener will definitely help too.
Old 08-25-2009, 05:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Maybe we should just put this in our cars:

Old 08-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 104 Likes on 65 Posts
1. weigh more than 150lbs, and no im not joking.
2. try to eat or drink in the car without asking first (only allowed to drink water)
3. slam my doors
4. throw my seat belt
5. open the door as im trying to roll up my windows with my engine off
Old 08-25-2009, 06:18 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
when they r tryin to light up a cigarette
Old 08-25-2009, 06:24 PM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts
My friends and family know how anal I am about keeping my car clean or as close to it as possible and with this knowledge they know the rules and proper etiquette before getting in my car. It seems most people everyone is mentioning here are pretty rude and downright inconsiderate IMO, leaving trash, opening the window while the A/C is on (WTF!!), turning down the radio to talk on the phone ( I usually beat them to it on this issue because I'm nice ), plus I could never imagine my girl thinking its ok to put here feet up on my dash, she knows better (hehe). Make sure the rules are known and if they don't like it then they can drive themselves in their trashed filled, A/C wasting POS, unless its your wife, then sorry your screwed there.
Old 08-25-2009, 07:09 PM
Instructor

1) Eating wet foods like fruit with their fingers and then getting in the car. I just stare at them waiting for them to grab a handle or something. You have to "wash" your hands to get that crap out
2) Hanging on the handles over the doors. Its like a magnet. My car is not a *&%!! jungle gym. Take it outside
Old 08-25-2009, 08:13 PM
Racer

1. Slamming my doors
2. people that bitch how you can feel the bumps in the road. (car is lowered and on a stiffer setting)
3. My biggest thing. How does that person in the passenger seat manage to their floor mat dirtier than yours in 15 minutes? I can drive the car for like 2 weeks and not get that floor mat dirty and they're in your car for 15 minutes and mess it up. wtf?
Old 08-25-2009, 08:30 PM
10th Gear

I agree door slamming. My main main ones I always have to remind "people" (girlfriend) of are:

1. Putting feet on the dash (when crossing legs).

For the outside!!!!
2. Resting purses or boxes on the trun, hood, or top when carrying something and trying to open the door. We both had our cars since 2001 and you can now really see the difference. She has some ugly scratches on those spots now on her car.

Quick Reply: What pisses you off about people sitting in your car?