What to do?! 10 points in license.

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2011, 10:51 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Originally Posted by tones160
Wel I've never seen anyone getting pulled over for doing 55 on a 50 before since laser guns aren't sometime properly calibrated lol

@ Bearcat: lol no offense taken but i wasn't speeding. .....
But, technically you were. You said so yourself; 55 or 60 in a 50 - according to you. The cop says otherwise.

Regardless you got caught. Sorting out the "truth" is what the lawyer is for.

I once had paid a ticket for 36 in a 35. Cost me $160. $50 fine, $110 in costs. It was chicken-shit, but it was legit.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
Let me tell you guys something.

NEVER FIGHT A TICKET unless you have a 100% chance of winning.

Always work out a deal to where you dont get it on your record.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:02 AM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
and speaking of, a dipshit pulled me over fro 62 on a 60. just to check
Old 12-11-2011, 11:04 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Just because YOU have never seen anyone get pulled over for 55 in a 50 doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just means you don't know anyone it has personally happened to. There's a difference.

The Law is the Law. If a cop gave someone a ticket for 51 in a 50, he can, and it is fully a lawful Summons. Will a cop do it? Probably not unless there are other reasons that cause the officer to issue such a BS summons. Bad attitude is probably the biggest reason.

The Cop doesn't need to prove anything to you, he needs to prove it to the court and/or judge. The Judge felt that the cops testimony and everything else was in the cops favor and not yours. If you failed to provide a good enough case to the judge as to how YOU CAN PROVE you weren't speeding then its no one else's fault but yours.

I know you don't like to hear facts or the truth, but there you go. And i'm not trying to be a dyck, just stating from what I know regarding these things.

I've lived in NYC since birth, and still do. I have Zero points. Have I been pulled over for speeding? Yup. But my attitude is always very apologetic and I respect the officer 100%. I admit my wrong doing, I get yelled at a bit, and the cops goes on his way. Respect goes a long way and is a two way street. I rather that a cop yell at me than receive a ticket any day. I know I was wrong.

Also, I don't call attention to myself with lights all over my car, dark tint, music blasting, etc. I blend in with other traffic in the street.
I always give the best of my attitude which is friendly like and professional specially to law enforcers. If i was doing 55 or 60 then fine call it speeding, but for 6 points, $600 Assessment fee plus $195 fine that's what aggravates me lol. Just because I'm 24 doesn't mean I don't know how to behave myself in front of the authorities lol. I'm just not the type to been insulted and do nothing about it.

Originally Posted by Bearcat94
But, technically you were. You said so yourself; 55 or 60 in a 50 - according to you. The cop says otherwise.

Regardless you got caught. Sorting out the "truth" is what the lawyer is for.

I once had paid a ticket for 36 in a 35. Cost me $160. $50 fine, $110 in costs. It was chicken-shit, but it was legit.
Ouch, now that was some bullshyt there bro lol. If they would've found me guilty for speeding 1-10 mph over limit plus 2 points on my license i would've taken it as a man but 8 points, $195 ticket, and plus $600 within 3yrs for such an inaccurate case? That's what i can't take. What you suggest i should do in this case? I guess just trying to find ways to deduct the points and just pay all the balance and pray not happen again? lol
Old 12-11-2011, 11:06 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by nspec_ya4
you must've been really upset when that happened lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
Banned

Received 84 Likes on 67 Posts
I had a horrible driving record, then I joined the military, 8 years later its spotless.
Old 12-11-2011, 11:18 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by combat mediC
I had a horrible driving record, then I joined the military, 8 years later its spotless.
lol Sorry that won't go down as one of my choices bro. No offense
Old 12-11-2011, 11:28 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

I found this on the dmv site

http://www.dmv.org/ny-new-york/payin...ic-tickets.php

Hopefully my certificate takes off 4 points off my license. I have done 2 of these courses voluntarily within 5 years, so i hope they serve me good now. For someone who knows here, will the first certificate be use as well even though it expired about a yr ago or so? Or it must only be done every 3yrs regardless of the situation? Please advice without flaming lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 12:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
you're such an ignorant prick, typing all this nonsense thru your computer. You do not know shyt and i wasn't delusional. I had 5 people in my car. The only thing i failed to do was get a lawyer involved into this but this doesn't give you the right to judge. Grow up will ya? Any moderators able to keep this thread cleaned from childish, indecent, and ignorants like this internet wanna be thug? You obviously make laugh lol. Cops will try to pull you over for anything in New York as long as they know they have a badge and a gun.
If you can't take the criticism, don't post.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:12 PM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
if you dont' think they tix for 5 over, then i wouldn't drive through VA. state troopers are known to give tix for 5 over (sometimes less, depends on their mood), tint tix, exhaust tix (modded too loud) with the latter two as your only offense. and they really don't care if you are instate or out of state...they'll still give you the tix (i personally have not had this happen, but have read a lot of threads with guys ranting about it).

consult the lawyer and find out if you even have a case. your certificate might get some of those points knocked off (you'll find out soon enough). if none of this works in your favor...you'll be SOL. in the meantime, good luck! do hope it all works out in your favor, but just think about what i posted earlier. you might think you're being careful, but if the cop is in a bad mood...or trying to meet his quota make an effort to insure you give them no reason to pull you over.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:25 PM
Drifting

Received 249 Likes on 134 Posts
How about those GPS tracker things. Will letting them watch you for 3 years have any affect?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:36 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
Get a Class A CDL with HazMat endorsement. I have been pulled over in Texas about 7 times with only warnings. Speeding following too close, suspicious vehicle (97 accord wagon slammed) lol once they see I am a commercial driver its a friendly talk and a see you later.
Been pulled over 51 in a 35 on a motorcycle and talked to that cop for about 30 minutes about bikes with a verbal warning.
Passed a cop 107 in a 55 and 5 minutes later was a get out of here. (that was an umarked pickup sheriff) that was a little scary.

But really listen to others. Slow down drive more careful leave the phone in the pass. seat and pay attention to what the F you are doing.

You are young and thats why insurance rates are high for youth because you make bad decisions and need to grow up. I do not say that to attack because I was young once to and did the same shit.

Now I rarely drive more than 5 over posted limit and wear my seatbelt like a good boy.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 PM
Desert Life Sucks!!

Received 673 Likes on 500 Posts
After all driving is a priviledge and not a right. You don't have to be able to drive. And they can take that away from you. 30 days 6 months 1 year. Whatever depending on the judge.

Like combat medic. I also have had a clean driving record for going on 5 years now.
And Texas is another state they will pull you over for doing 2 over the speed limit.
I have also driven in VA and watched a guy take 4 miles to pass me in a 55 and the second he got in front of me got pulled over. Had to be doing 56 max. VA does not play when it comes to traffic stops.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:11 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hey guys!

So I have 10 points on my license and i'm trying to figure out how the hell can i lower some points?! Spoke with my Allstate agent and he told me my premium won't change because of a special feature i have in my policy that i pay an extra amount for. Now, i was due to appear in court this past November and i was found guilty on a 81/50 speeding summons

Now the problem is : The cop had lied and pulled me over because of going 31 over speed limit when in reality i was doing 60 or less. This fuker just wanted to meet his quota since it was on Memorial day at 2am. Ofcourse i lost the case because according to the cop he lasered me when he was outside his car. The truth to that is that this pig never was out his car and was already on his way out before i even passed him on that day. I had told the officer to show proof of his lasering and he replied back that it was specific and ofcourse this case was his words agianst mine. So 6 points was given to me on top of 4 points i had on Valentines day of 2010 which i did not know i had. About 4 months ago i did my Defensive driving course in which it should've had taken away 3 to 2 points off my license. How should i go about this towards cleaning my license?
OP this is where you shot yourself in the foot. Regardless of what speed or what happened you pleaded guilty and tried to defend yourself. In NYC(not NYS), you will NEVER(at least 95%) win a case in the TVB by yourself if you were hit by laser. You needed a lawyer. Their is no plea bargaining in NYC, its all or nothing.

Their is nothing you can do at this point, the points will drop off in 18 months and you can take the online courses to drop a max of 4 off. Your best case is you will be at 6 after the courses and back to 0 after about 2 years.

If you deal with the TVB enough, you'll eventually know all of this off hand.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
Seems like you are going to have to do defensive driving like suggested and wait it out. While I am sure cops pull over the wrong car every once in a while, they seem to be pretty on it and according to my friends who are cops, they have to clock your speed visually as well.

Something just doesn't add up, there is a huge difference between 60 and 81. If the cop was really trying to "make his quota" I am sure he could have easily found someone doing 80, tons of people speed. Where you doing anything else that may have made the cop want to pull you over or are you positive you weren't going a bit faster then 60?

Oh farm state is hilarious, upstate NY is pretty farmy (yes, yes I know you are going to say you are in the city but there are cities in NC too) and "farm state" cops are the worst. I grew up in jersey and manhattan, travel a lot and southern cops are by far worse about speeding and such on interstates. To whomever posted about VA cops, they are the worst. I have never had a speeding ticket until living here and been pulled a few times.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,458 Likes on 4,979 Posts
Let me tell you guys something.

NEVER FIGHT A TICKET unless you have a 100% chance of winning.

Always work out a deal to where you dont get it on your record.

He probably wanted to see if you remembered to engage the parking brake during traffic stops

I lived in NY for 18 years. I never knew you were allowed to do 5mph over the speed limit.

The best advice I can give you is slow down and wait it out. Ive never had to take a defensive course in NY, but in VA you can only do it once every two years. Regarding the ticket on Memorial Day, you shouldve lawyered up right away. I can kind of tell by your attitude to others on here that you were probably very defensive in court and during the traffic stop. Being defensive doesnt help your chances at getting out of it or working out a deal.

<--- Four moving violations and two suspensions in NY before my 18th birthday, Ive always plead guilty and worked out a deal, three of those were dropped entirely, the other was dropped to a failure to signal. Three other tickets were in VA, two were dropped and the third was a slap on the wrist and a defensive driving course. The only ticket on my record at the moment is from June 2009 - 84 in a 65 in Jersey.

But hey, if you truly have a bade case of wrong place, wrong time syndrome, get a dash cam and record every single time you drive. That way you can always get out it

Last edited by civicdrivr; 12-11-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 12-13-2011, 05:08 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by 1StGenCL
Seems like you are going to have to do defensive driving like suggested and wait it out. While I am sure cops pull over the wrong car every once in a while, they seem to be pretty on it and according to my friends who are cops, they have to clock your speed visually as well.

Something just doesn't add up, there is a huge difference between 60 and 81. If the cop was really trying to "make his quota" I am sure he could have easily found someone doing 80, tons of people speed. Where you doing anything else that may have made the cop want to pull you over or are you positive you weren't going a bit faster then 60?

Oh farm state is hilarious, upstate NY is pretty farmy (yes, yes I know you are going to say you are in the city but there are cities in NC too) and "farm state" cops are the worst. I grew up in jersey and manhattan, travel a lot and southern cops are by far worse about speeding and such on interstates. To whomever posted about VA cops, they are the worst. I have never had a speeding ticket until living here and been pulled a few times.
I wasn't doing anything but just trying to drop off my girlfriend who was right off the exit where the cop was. Lol I saw the cop was already pressing his break to go after me even though i was very far away from him. So what i think is that he noticed i had Blue HID in my car so his thoughts were "He's gotta be a car enthusiast who's into modding shyt" I would pay to go back into this time and record everything lol.

Originally Posted by Jiggy2dmax
OP this is where you shot yourself in the foot. Regardless of what speed or what happened you pleaded guilty and tried to defend yourself. In NYC(not NYS), you will NEVER(at least 95%) win a case in the TVB by yourself if you were hit by laser. You needed a lawyer. Their is no plea bargaining in NYC, its all or nothing.

Their is nothing you can do at this point, the points will drop off in 18 months and you can take the online courses to drop a max of 4 off. Your best case is you will be at 6 after the courses and back to 0 after about 2 years.

If you deal with the TVB enough, you'll eventually know all of this off hand.

you're right man lol you can't beat this system, but i like your advice about the points and the wait period!
Old 12-13-2011, 05:10 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by sauceja
Get a Class A CDL with HazMat endorsement. I have been pulled over in Texas about 7 times with only warnings. Speeding following too close, suspicious vehicle (97 accord wagon slammed) lol once they see I am a commercial driver its a friendly talk and a see you later.
Been pulled over 51 in a 35 on a motorcycle and talked to that cop for about 30 minutes about bikes with a verbal warning.
Passed a cop 107 in a 55 and 5 minutes later was a get out of here. (that was an umarked pickup sheriff) that was a little scary.

But really listen to others. Slow down drive more careful leave the phone in the pass. seat and pay attention to what the F you are doing.

You are young and thats why insurance rates are high for youth because you make bad decisions and need to grow up. I do not say that to attack because I was young once to and did the same shit.

Now I rarely drive more than 5 over posted limit and wear my seatbelt like a good boy.

I guess this will work better than a PBA card ..I'm willing to try it and i bet that my premium will go down by just getting this class license. Any fees?
Old 12-13-2011, 05:15 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by civicdrivr

He probably wanted to see if you remembered to engage the parking brake during traffic stops

I lived in NY for 18 years. I never knew you were allowed to do 5mph over the speed limit.

The best advice I can give you is slow down and wait it out. Ive never had to take a defensive course in NY, but in VA you can only do it once every two years. Regarding the ticket on Memorial Day, you shouldve lawyered up right away. I can kind of tell by your attitude to others on here that you were probably very defensive in court and during the traffic stop. Being defensive doesnt help your chances at getting out of it or working out a deal.

<--- Four moving violations and two suspensions in NY before my 18th birthday, Ive always plead guilty and worked out a deal, three of those were dropped entirely, the other was dropped to a failure to signal. Three other tickets were in VA, two were dropped and the third was a slap on the wrist and a defensive driving course. The only ticket on my record at the moment is from June 2009 - 84 in a 65 in Jersey.

But hey, if you truly have a bade case of wrong place, wrong time syndrome, get a dash cam and record every single time you drive. That way you can always get out it

Wow this is good stuff here lol...you're driving record is like -____- whoaa...I've only gotten 3 tickets in total and im up to 10 points lol..2 speeding tickets and 1 parking on an expired meter . I used to do the camera thing before specially after my car got keyed but after a while i got comfortable and put it up again. I guess at the end of every month i need to put up my cam recorder for protection for those who abuses their badges. I gotten pulled over before supposedly for going in the wrong street, lol the cop felt like a jerk after i showed him my GPS that even his co-workers laughed at him then he tried to tell me my tints were too dark when they were factory tints (good thing i had my receipt from the dealership still in my car). Served him right!
Old 12-13-2011, 06:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,211 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I love AZ ticket threads.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:05 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by doopstr
I love AZ ticket threads.
I sure don't when i'm the one who got the ticket lol...but sure it gets interesting!
Old 12-14-2011, 06:16 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Almost 3 years ago while driving on 95 thru VA I sped up to get away from a garbage hauler that did not have it's cover secured enough. I was stopped by a state trooper near mile marked 110. I explained to the trooper why. Her answer-I understand but I am still giving you a ticket. I took a driver's defense class in NC and sent the certificate to the court in Carolina county-no points on my license so no increase in insurance.
Old 12-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
I drove down the West Side Highway for 12 years and unless there was traffic I never went slower than 65. Nobody does.

OP if you say you weren't speeding then so-be-it. I personally think that you're not being completely honest. Get a lawyer and see if they can help you out. Most of them can, but it will cost you.

Good luck.

And grow thicker skin....You're posting on a forum. People have opinions and are not afraid to post it. You're getting flamed because you got caught doing 31 mph over the limit and blaming it on the cop. What the hell do you expect?
Old 12-14-2011, 11:36 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
lol Sorry that won't go down as one of my choices bro. No offense
#162 on my list of shit that doesn't surprise me.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:11 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

^ lol

@ everyone: I took my certificate to DMV and they told me they no longer accept Driving Course certificates. That supposedly there was a new law stating that our points will remain in our licences forever and that it won't reduce any points. They pretty much said the certificates now are all only valid for %10 insurance discounts. I tried to google this law and never found it. Can someone in here know if it was bullshyt or they just wanted me to pay that Driver Assessment fee? According to them even after 18 months without tickets, those points will be there and that it comes straight from Albany.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:16 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
Dude
Everything you ask here is right on their website

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/license.htm#points

The DMV computer system automatically calculates your point total as follows:

You must be convicted of the traffic violation for the points to be added to your point total, but the calculation of your point total is based on the date of the violation, not the date of the conviction.
The points for violations that all occurred within the last 18 months of one another are added together to calculate your point total.
The record of the conviction, and the points, are listed on your driver record for as long as the conviction remains on your record. The information about the conviction and points is not removed after 18 months from the violation date. Only the calculation of your point total changes. Learn more about convictions and your driver record.

Point Total Example

You are convicted of a 3-point violation and the violation occurred on January 1, 2009. You are later convicted of a 4-point violation that occurred on July 1, 2010. Your point total includes the points from both violations, because they both occurred with a single 18-month period. Your point total is 7 points.

The Effect of Points

If your point total reaches 11 points or more based on the calculation described above, the DMV notifies you and suspends your driver license. You can request a DMV hearing only to show that a different person committed the violations. You cannot request a DMV hearing to prove that you were not guilty of the violations. You cannot request a DMV hearing to request a waiver of the suspension.

Insurance Company Points and Out-of-State Violations

Insurance companies have point systems that are different from the DMV driver violation point system. The two point systems are not related. Contact your insurance company about their point system.

Except for Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS driver record if you commit an out-of-state traffic violation. Points can appear on your NYS driver record if you commit a traffic violation in Ontario or Quebec.

By The way, this is the official NY State DMV Site: http://www.dmv.ny.gov

The other one you linked is a 3rd party site
Old 12-18-2011, 08:20 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
I drove down the West Side Highway for 12 years and unless there was traffic I never went slower than 65. Nobody does.

OP if you say you weren't speeding then so-be-it. I personally think that you're not being completely honest. Get a lawyer and see if they can help you out. Most of them can, but it will cost you.

Good luck.

And grow thicker skin....You're posting on a forum. People have opinions and are not afraid to post it. You're getting flamed because you got caught doing 31 mph over the limit and blaming it on the cop. What the hell do you expect?
lol Ravin, i would prolly be one of the most honest person you would know around here. That night i was speeding like crazy on the I-84. I was speeding from Bridgeport, CT since we spent our weekend partying in CT. As soon as I hit the Major Degan, that's when i slowed down by a lot specially how i know NY drivers are and the cops in every exit lol. Fuk it i was even racing for about 5 exits against an 05 Murano. I was way too tired to even try to speed in the City. You mentioned you drove down the West side highway for 12yrs right? Well tell me one reason why someone who loves their car would'nt dare going above 70 right before Exit 95th st? lol If you drove that many yrs you should know buddy And it's not the same cop who idles on the Emergency stop right before it .

Last edited by tones160; 12-18-2011 at 08:26 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Dude
Everything you ask here is right on their website

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/license.htm#points

The DMV computer system automatically calculates your point total as follows:

You must be convicted of the traffic violation for the points to be added to your point total, but the calculation of your point total is based on the date of the violation, not the date of the conviction.
The points for violations that all occurred within the last 18 months of one another are added together to calculate your point total.
The record of the conviction, and the points, are listed on your driver record for as long as the conviction remains on your record. The information about the conviction and points is not removed after 18 months from the violation date. Only the calculation of your point total changes. Learn more about convictions and your driver record.

Point Total Example

You are convicted of a 3-point violation and the violation occurred on January 1, 2009. You are later convicted of a 4-point violation that occurred on July 1, 2010. Your point total includes the points from both violations, because they both occurred with a single 18-month period. Your point total is 7 points.

The Effect of Points

If your point total reaches 11 points or more based on the calculation described above, the DMV notifies you and suspends your driver license. You can request a DMV hearing only to show that a different person committed the violations. You cannot request a DMV hearing to prove that you were not guilty of the violations. You cannot request a DMV hearing to request a waiver of the suspension.

Insurance Company Points and Out-of-State Violations

Insurance companies have point systems that are different from the DMV driver violation point system. The two point systems are not related. Contact your insurance company about their point system.

Except for Ontario and Quebec, points are not added to your NYS driver record if you commit an out-of-state traffic violation. Points can appear on your NYS driver record if you commit a traffic violation in Ontario or Quebec.

By The way, this is the official NY State DMV Site: http://www.dmv.ny.gov

The other one you linked is a 3rd party site
I read this and it makes sense to me. What i'm really confused is why would DMV themselves would tell me my points cannot be reduced nor it will ever be removed? That's the answer i was looking for. I'd like to hear the opinions of some of you experts in here before consulting with an attorney.

Last edited by tones160; 12-18-2011 at 08:27 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 08:43 AM
I shave my change purse

This is probably the part they were talking about

The information about the conviction and points is not removed after 18 months from the violation date. Only the calculation of your point total changes.

Meaning that the fact that you were convicted and received points on your license never goes away. That will always be on record.

Your point total, however, will go down with enough time.

So If you get no tickets for 5 years, your points will be alot lower than they are today. But if someone were to look up to see if you were ever convicted of a traffic violation and wanted to know how many points you were given, they could look that up forever. Get it?
Old 12-18-2011, 08:49 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

This is probably the part they were talking about

The information about the conviction and points is not removed after 18 months from the violation date. Only the calculation of your point total changes.

Meaning that the fact that you were convicted and received points on your license never goes away. That will always be on record.

Your point total, however, will go down with enough time.

So If you get no tickets for 5 years, your points will be alot lower than they are today. But if someone were to look up to see if you were ever convicted of a traffic violation and wanted to know how many points you were given, they could look that up forever. Get it?
I got that. Dude, but the real question is why they told me DMV no longer takes Defensive Driving Course certificates for any points reduction? I'm cleared about what you have said. I guess I'll just have to wait it out for 18 months and see what happens then.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:17 AM
I shave my change purse

Looks like its called the NYS PIRP Program (Point and Insurance Reduction Program)

Funny enough the DMV link that tells you all about it seems to be down right now

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/pirp.htm

Perhaps its a recent change or the DMV person you spoke to is mis-informed

I think it's kinda ironic that its called PIRP lol
Old 12-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Team Owner

Received 602 Likes on 419 Posts
lol Ravin, i would prolly be one of the most honest person you would know around here. That night i was speeding like crazy on the I-84. I was speeding from Bridgeport, CT since we spent our weekend partying in CT. As soon as I hit the Major Degan, that's when i slowed down by a lot specially how i know NY drivers are and the cops in every exit lol. Fuk it i was even racing for about 5 exits against an 05 Murano. I was way too tired to even try to speed in the City. You mentioned you drove down the West side highway for 12yrs right? Well tell me one reason why someone who loves their car would'nt dare going above 70 right before Exit 95th st? lol If you drove that many yrs you should know buddy And it's not the same cop who idles on the Emergency stop right before it .
The last time I was on the West Side Highway was about 6 years ago. There was nothing to slow you down unless you were going north bound and exiting at 95/96th street. That exit is fucked up.

Usually I was on there until 57th street. I taught at John Jay College. If you were not paying attention and there was not a lot of traffic it is very easy to speed on there.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:52 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
The last time I was on the West Side Highway was about 6 years ago. There was nothing to slow you down unless you were going north bound and exiting at 95/96th street. That exit is fucked up.

Usually I was on there until 57th street. I taught at John Jay College. If you were not paying attention and there was not a lot of traffic it is very easy to speed on there.

I know, that exit has reopened going North bound now lol, but if you remember there's a small hill or bump that can make your car jump in the car if you're going fast right before you get off at 95th street. So i had 4 people in the back and my cousin in the passenger seat. Going at a high speed would've taken a huge toll on my suspensions and there's no way in hell i would go over that ramp with weight in my car lol. I would've prolly seen my tires flying in the air. When i tend to go fast in the west side highway, that's the only point before 57th street that i slow down by a lottt to avoid such an impact. I don't like using my brakes much so i let the car slow down by itself from 125th exit.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:57 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Looks like its called the NYS PIRP Program (Point and Insurance Reduction Program)

Funny enough the DMV link that tells you all about it seems to be down right now

http://www.dmv.ny.gov/pirp.htm

Perhaps its a recent change or the DMV person you spoke to is mis-informed

I think it's kinda ironic that its called PIRP lol

haha see, DMV is up to something and they don't want their drivers to know. I know what u meant by the person who i spoke must have been mis-informed so i went with instincts and went to another person across the hall and that rep told me the same thing o_0. The second person actually told me that the certificate is now for us drivers to keep, then i asked them " What's the point of the certificate then if the insurance all took the discount?" Then they said just for me to keep lol. Then i was like riiiightttt
Old 12-18-2011, 10:21 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Same shit happened to me a bit over a year ago.

Going FDR southbound, Houston st towards Bklyn Bridge at about 10 over speed limit (speed limit 40 on a 3 lane highway? really?)

Anyways, cop lied so hard on the ticket. Wrote me 27over speed limit and that he caught me with lidar. After doing some research, I found out cops had to be stationary to use lidar and from where he caught me, there are no shoulders or any safety zones where a car could stop to use a lidar. It's one thing to give me a 2 pt ticket, another to give me a 6pt. He basically gave me the ticket and drove off, didn't even let me talk.

Well I lawyered up and my lawyer's just pushing the court date further and further so the chances of the cop showing up is minimal. So in short, some of these cops are a little corrupt.
Old 12-18-2011, 10:42 AM
I shave my change purse

I know, that exit has reopened going North bound now lol, but if you remember there's a small hill or bump that can make your car jump in the car if you're going fast right before you get off at 95th street.
I've responded to many fatal accidents because of that bump. Guys flying over that bump 90+ MPH and flipping their cars or going into the center median. They think it's fun till its too late.

Fun Stuff.

Once there was an M3 that had to be doing at least 120+ Over that bump, he flipped his car, rode upside down along the center median for about 500ft and the car was unrecognizable. Amazingly when we arrived I expected for the guy to still be in the vehicle DOA, amazingly he was standing up talking to another EMT. I was like Holy shit.

Last edited by WILLDOGS; 12-18-2011 at 10:44 AM.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:04 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

I've responded to many fatal accidents because of that bump. Guys flying over that bump 90+ MPH and flipping their cars or going into the center median. They think it's fun till its too late.

Fun Stuff.

Once there was an M3 that had to be doing at least 120+ Over that bump, he flipped his car, rode upside down along the center median for about 500ft and the car was unrecognizable. Amazingly when we arrived I expected for the guy to still be in the vehicle DOA, amazingly he was standing up talking to another EMT. I was like Holy shit.
Lol yeh, i will never try to go past 65 on that bump with my TL. Never did and never will with my car. In other case i tried it once with my 05 Accord 2yrs ago and my Accord swirved from left to right super hard in plain highway, i was lucky nothing happened. I heard the bottom of my Accord hit the ground. I even posted up pics in my FB page when i had my Accord checked the next day in a lift. and the car stayed and never again. Lol now you see why i won't speed in that part of the highway and this cop caught me at 81?? No wayyy lol.
Old 12-18-2011, 11:06 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by Rejckt
Same shit happened to me a bit over a year ago.

Going FDR southbound, Houston st towards Bklyn Bridge at about 10 over speed limit (speed limit 40 on a 3 lane highway? really?)

Anyways, cop lied so hard on the ticket. Wrote me 27over speed limit and that he caught me with lidar. After doing some research, I found out cops had to be stationary to use lidar and from where he caught me, there are no shoulders or any safety zones where a car could stop to use a lidar. It's one thing to give me a 2 pt ticket, another to give me a 6pt. He basically gave me the ticket and drove off, didn't even let me talk.

Well I lawyered up and my lawyer's just pushing the court date further and further so the chances of the cop showing up is minimal. So in short, some of these cops are a little corrupt.
The guy did the same to me. Didnt even let me talk or anything.
Old 12-19-2011, 04:56 PM
Advanced

Received 19 Likes on 3 Posts
lol i don't ever since they threw the license on to my face for supposedly not signaling in 42nd street. I signal for everything even for my U turns. I wanna get the hell out of this damm city. One of my friend got his car taken because he had a liquor bottle in his trunk. Well thx for the info man, i will take my certificate as soon as possible tomorrow
In this guy's defense, I can vouch for the fact that NY cops can really be buttholes. A lot of it seems to depend on the car you drive. I drove "family cars" for many years. I never get stopped in my Saabs. As soon as I bought a Mazdaspeed6? I got stopped THREE TIMES in a year. The most irritating stop was when a cop claimed that I hadn't used a directional, SEVERAL times. I saw him as soon as I got on the Long Island Expressway, he was in the HOV lane. One of my pet peeves is people who don't use directionals. So he pulls me over and says "how many times did you change lanes in the last ten miles?" I said "three or four?" He says, "how many times did you use your directionals?" "All of them." "Really? Are you calling me a liar?" "No, but I hate it when people don't use directionals. I ALWAYS use my directionals." He takes my license, comes back with just a warning. Says to me make sure you use your directionals. I didn't say anything.

NOT in this guy's defense, he seems to have a bit of an attitude. I'm sure the cops are picking up on that. Even if the cop stops you for no valid reason (that you know of), you still have to be respectful, no matter how pissed off you are, and believe me, when you get stopped because you think your car has been singled out, we all know how "wronged" you can feel. I find if you apologize and act sheepish, like "I know, argh... I wasn't paying attention, I'm sorry," as long as it isn't blatant, they let you off with a warning. YMMV.

Good luck!
Old 12-19-2011, 05:08 PM
The sizzle in the Steak

Received 1,877 Likes on 1,297 Posts
AZ ticket thread, yo!!!