What to do?! 10 points in license.

Old 12-11-2011, 08:51 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Unhappy What to do?! 10 points in license.

Hey guys!

So I have 10 points on my license and i'm trying to figure out how the hell can i lower some points?! Spoke with my Allstate agent and he told me my premium won't change because of a special feature i have in my policy that i pay an extra amount for. Now, i was due to appear in court this past November and i was found guilty on a 81/50 speeding summons

Now the problem is : The cop had lied and pulled me over because of going 31 over speed limit when in reality i was doing 60 or less. This fuker just wanted to meet his quota since it was on Memorial day at 2am. Ofcourse i lost the case because according to the cop he lasered me when he was outside his car. The truth to that is that this pig never was out his car and was already on his way out before i even passed him on that day. I had told the officer to show proof of his lasering and he replied back that it was specific and ofcourse this case was his words agianst mine. So 6 points was given to me on top of 4 points i had on Valentines day of 2010 which i did not know i had. About 4 months ago i did my Defensive driving course in which it should've had taken away 3 to 2 points off my license. How should i go about this towards cleaning my license?
Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
slow down.
wait it out.
defensive driving.
thanks to champ - Lawyer up

your aggressiveness towards cops shows throughout the whole post, are you sure you're not conveying that when they pull you over?

and what is this special feature in your policy that you pay extra for?
sounds like BULLSHIT
Old 12-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Just how you are reacting, I'm sure the cop was right. Don't ever blame someone else when you put yourself in that situation over and over.

The extra 'feature' is the fact that you're still under 25 with points on your DL. You will have to wait years to get it all back to zero while maintaining a flawless driving record.

It was your fault and suck it up. Next time, either buy a radar detector, or learn to drive. In answering your question, lawyer up.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:57 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
If you do not get any tickets in a year they take a certain amount of points off. Check with your dmv to get the exact answer. SLOW DOWN-2 more points and they suspend your license privledges for a few months

Last edited by nj2pa2nc; 12-11-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by DMV.org
While the traffic convictions themselves remain on your record for at least three years, the points are automatically removed from your total 18 months after committing an offense. You may also remove four points from your total by completing an accident-prevention course approved by the DMV

• Speeding (1-10 MPH over posted limit): 3 points
  • Speeding (11-20 MPH over posted limit): 4 points
  • Speeding (21-30 MPH over posted limit): 6 points
  • Speeding (31-40 MPH over posted limit): 8 points
  • Speeding (more than 40 MPH over posted limit): 11 points
Learn to drive, thanks.
The following 5 users liked this post by TheChamp531:
civicdrivr (12-11-2011), dynodonkey (12-11-2011), EuRTSX (12-11-2011), justnspace (12-11-2011), nj2pa2nc (12-11-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 09:09 AM
it's a car-drive it

If you lived in NC and you went that much over the speed limit you would have lost your driving privledges for 30 days
Old 12-11-2011, 09:12 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by TheChamp531
Learn to drive, thanks.
I asked for advice not for insults so you should really hop off dude. You have no idea how New York cops do it instead of your little farm state where you only get to see a cop at every 20-30 miles radius.

TO All: I have something "forgiveness" in my policy. Now like i said, how is it bad driving when i said i was going at 60 or 55 on a 50mph highway??I've been driving since i was 16 so i know better. You think this cop really caught me at 81 ? I pass through this highway all the time to go home and even if i was speeding i knew this mofo was there plus u can see this bastard from a mile ago in which is the fact why i was even more pissed. Any other suggestion instead of any more assholes that are quick to judge someone without reading the thread properly?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Consider going to a class THE MAX they can remove is 2 points and it takes about 2months to process. I went to AAA in Wayne NJ. Sat there for 8 hours with a shit load of food, an iPod and my phone and sorta listened to this guy speak about speeding etc, then watched some movies from 1980 on air bags...

Anyway after all was said and done about 2 months later i had 2 less points now having 6 points. Its also been a year since i had any moving violations soooooooo i should have 3 points now

I suggest taking a class it was about $60 and is well worth it.. In the futue you can pay down points in court i know people who have paid well over $800 to get rid of a 3 point ticket.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:14 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
If you lived in NC and you went that much over the speed limit you would have lost your driving privledges for 30 days
Thanks man, i did not know that. At least I'll be more at peace lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:15 AM

Received 16,260 Likes on 11,971 Posts
wait it out.
get a lawyer.
do defensive driving.

thats reallly all you can do.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:16 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by ISOSUNRISE6
Consider going to a class THE MAX they can remove is 2 points and it takes about 2months to process. I went to AAA in Wayne NJ. Sat there for 8 hours with a shit load of food, an iPod and my phone and sorta listened to this guy speak about speeding etc, then watched some movies from 1980 on air bags...

Anyway after all was said and done about 2 months later i had 2 less points now having 6 points. Its also been a year since i had any moving violations soooooooo i should have 3 points now

I suggest taking a class it was about $60 and is well worth it.. In the futue you can pay down points in court i know people who have paid well over $800 to get rid of a 3 point ticket.
I took the online class which i spent 6 hours reading and it was supposed to get rid of 2 points but it never showed lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:18 AM
it's a car-drive it

Originally Posted by tones160
I asked for advice not for insults so you should really hop off dude. You have no idea how New York cops do it instead of your little farm state where you only get to see a cop at every 20-30 miles radius.

TO All: I have something "forgiveness" in my policy. Now like i said, how is it bad driving when i said i was going at 60 or 55 on a 50mph highway??I've been driving since i was 16 so i know better. You think this cop really caught me at 81 ? I pass through this highway all the time to go home and even if i was speeding i knew this mofo was there plus u can see this bastard from a mile ago in which is the fact why i was even more pissed. Any other suggestion instead of any more assholes that are quick to judge someone without reading the thread properly?
just wondering which highway-In my younger days I spent a lot of time driving in NYC-
Old 12-11-2011, 09:22 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by nj2pa2nc
just wondering which highway-In my younger days I spent a lot of time driving in NYC-
The west Side highway right at Exit 95th st, the exact exit i was about to get off lol..I asked the cop why would i speed on the same exit I'm about to leave the highway from?? He stood quiet grabbed my license threw it back at me and left. Plus u can see his shiny ass cop car from the exit of the park which it should be 125th or something. What kind of an idiot would speed when you know very well there's always a cop there and that you're actually seeing him??
Old 12-11-2011, 09:24 AM

I read it perfectly. Farm state? I won't even answer that ignorant response. So you're telling me you know how to drive, but you're still going over the limit and complaining?

I know perfectly how cops respond in New York along with California and other states. You have NO idea so don't be 'so quick to judge'.

Maybe you're delusional and didn't realize you were going that high, or you're just in denial. Even if you didn't, you should've lawyered up, but now it is to late.

I had a couple speeding tickets, one that I disagreed with, but I knew that it was my FAULT putting myself in the situation.

It is not about 'knowing how to drive', it is about being smarter. In your case, you need both.

Don't worry, in all of your post, you disrespect the cop over and over. I think the ticket was warranted.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:25 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
talk to your local DMV and find out what is up with your record. each state's laws are a little different when it comes to points. so...find out from them what your state's laws say. i know CA is really strict and have a 4 point system, MD has a 12 pt system, VA has a weird point system. 4 will suspend your license, 6 will suspend for a year. for every year driving without a violation, you get a "good driver" point back. up to like 5 pts. pts stay on your record depending on the violation. this is for VA. just pointing out that the point systems are not created equal and vary by state. in CA (unless the laws changed) there are no "good driver" points applied to your record. if you get a tix, you go to driver's school to get the point off. if you get a tix within 18 mos of the first one...you can't go to driver's school to get it off. its stuck on your record for however long its on there (could be 3 years...i think).

i'm not sure how you can fight the 31 over tix. since the cop was there. unless you have proof otherwise, it turns into a he said, he said thing. consult a lawyer?

i'm surprised you still have your DL with that many points, but you live in NY so...their laws are definitely different. i think MD needs 12 pts before you lose your DL.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:29 AM

The only way to reduce points at this rate is to speak with a lawyer and/or take a accident-prevention course (which is the best investment in your life).
Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

I read it perfectly. Farm state? I won't even answer that ignorant response. So you're telling me you know how to drive, but you're still going over the limit and complaining?

I know perfectly how cops respond in New York along with California and other states. You have NO idea so don't be 'so quick to judge'.

Maybe you're delusional and didn't realize you were going that high, or you're just in denial. Even if you didn't, you should've lawyered up, but now it is to late.

I had a couple speeding tickets, one that I disagreed with, but I knew that it was my FAULT putting myself in the situation.

It is not about 'knowing how to drive', it is about being smarter. In your case, you need both.
you're such an ignorant prick, typing all this nonsense thru your computer. You do not know shyt and i wasn't delusional. I had 5 people in my car. The only thing i failed to do was get a lawyer involved into this but this doesn't give you the right to judge. Grow up will ya? Any moderators able to keep this thread cleaned from childish, indecent, and ignorants like this internet wanna be thug? You obviously make laugh lol. Cops will try to pull you over for anything in New York as long as they know they have a badge and a gun.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I took the online class which i spent 6 hours reading and it was supposed to get rid of 2 points but it never showed lol.
Online Classes NEVER Work... Consider going to a class it will work 100%
Old 12-11-2011, 09:34 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
talk to your local DMV and find out what is up with your record. each state's laws are a little different when it comes to points. so...find out from them what your state's laws say. i know CA is really strict and have a 4 point system, MD has a 12 pt system, VA has a weird point system. 4 will suspend your license, 6 will suspend for a year. for every year driving without a violation, you get a "good driver" point back. up to like 5 pts. pts stay on your record depending on the violation. this is for VA. just pointing out that the point systems are not created equal and vary by state. in CA (unless the laws changed) there are no "good driver" points applied to your record. if you get a tix, you go to driver's school to get the point off. if you get a tix within 18 mos of the first one...you can't go to driver's school to get it off. its stuck on your record for however long its on there (could be 3 years...i think).

i'm not sure how you can fight the 31 over tix. since the cop was there. unless you have proof otherwise, it turns into a he said, he said thing. consult a lawyer?

i'm surprised you still have your DL with that many points, but you live in NY so...their laws are definitely different. i think MD needs 12 pts before you lose your DL.
Well they have me paying driver assessment fee in which is $200 a year for 3 yrs to prevent them from suspending my license. If i fail to pay those $200 then I'm screwed and will have to pay the whole fee plus suspension fee to get license back.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
My last speeding ticket was in 1992, I did 91 mph in a 40 mph zone down rte 15 in Jefferson, NJ. Had to hire a lawyer for that one! Since then, no tickets although I've been stopped 2 or 3 times (PBA cards help) If I had 10 points I'd take a course which will remove 2 points, then I'd drive like the pope. 12 points & it gets suspended. I don't speed at all, obey all signs etc but NY cops are the worst, especially NYPD. Don't believe me? Drive up Rte 17 to upstate NY, you'll see local PD, sheriff's & NYSP all over that highway with laser nailing everyone.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:36 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by ISOSUNRISE6
Online Classes NEVER Work... Consider going to a class it will work 100%
The online class was referred to by allstate my current insurance and it was supposed to be DMV approved. I also got the certificate and the %10 Discount off my premium. Should i take this certificate to the DMV for points reduction?
Old 12-11-2011, 09:38 AM

Oh god.

There is nothing ignorant about my statement. I'm not attacking you, I'm simply stating what any honest person would say.

Lets re-analyze what you're saying.

you're such an ignorant prick, typing all this nonsense thru your computer.
Do you even know what ignorant means? I know what I'm talking about, bro.

You do not know shyt and i wasn't delusional. I had 5 people in my car.
So you're not delusional just because you had 5 people in the car. Right...

The only thing i failed to do was get a lawyer involved into this but this doesn't give you the right to judge. Grow up will ya?
You have at least 11 points (not counting any deduction from Driving safety courses). I can judge if you have that MANY points. I'm sure you have had a ton of tickets over your span.

Any moderators able to keep this thread cleaned from childish, indecent, and ignorants like this internet wanna be thug?
Childish? Ignorant(s)? I'm stating common sense. It is almost like killing someone and telling the Judge, "I didn't mean it!". (bad analogy)

You obviously make laugh lol.
You obviously make laugh lol too.

Cops will try to pull you over for anything in New York as long as they know they have a badge and a gun.
So don't give them the chance. Drive correctly and within the laws and you will not get pulled over. Either that or get a radar detector (if NY allows it). You admitted that you went over the speed limit which allows THEM to pull you over. Even if they pull you over and you didn't break a law, they can't give you a ticket without the radar showing a higher MPH than what is allowed (and it is recorded)-- and if they did, lawyer up.

Especially the person that says:

i love high revving, you get to feel how powerful your car really is.

Last edited by TheChamp531; 12-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:39 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by TVL65
My last speeding ticket was in 1992, I did 91 mph in a 40 mph zone down rte 15 in Jefferson, NJ. Had to hire a lawyer for that one! Since then, no tickets although I've been stopped 2 or 3 times (PBA cards help) If I had 10 points I'd take a course which will remove 2 points, then I'd drive like the pope. 12 points & it gets suspended. I don't speed at all, obey all signs etc but NY cops are the worst, especially NYPD. Don't believe me? Drive up Rte 17 to upstate NY, you'll see local PD, sheriff's & NYSP all over that highway with laser nailing everyone.
haha Exactly lol but this Texan swears is the same. NYPD is money hungry and will try to catch you for anything even if you have a missing screw off your license plate frame.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:43 AM
Pro

Received 91 Likes on 53 Posts
Yup, the west side highway is horrible with the NYPD Highway Patrol, but I dig their killer boots! lol I thought you're supposed to take the certificate to DMV.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:43 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Oh god.

There is nothing ignorant about my statement. I'm not attacking you, I'm simply stating what any honest person would say.

Lets re-analyze what you're saying.

Do you even know what ignorant means? I know what I'm talking about, bro.

So you're not delusional just because you had 5 people in the car. Right...

You have at least 11 points (not counting any deduction from Driving safety courses). I can judge if you have that MANY points. I'm sure you have had a ton of tickets over your span.

Childish? Ignorant(s)? I'm stating common sense. It is almost like killing someone and telling the Judge, "I didn't mean it!".

You obviously make laugh lol too.

So don't give them the chance. Drive correctly and within the laws and you will not get pulled over. Either that or get a radar detector (if NY allows it). You admitted that you went over the speed limit which allows THEM to pull you over. Especially the person that says:

We're allowed to go 5 mph over the limits, plus i have a $250 Cobra detector in which i use when i feel like speeding or revving my engine like you just posted. Honestly speaking man, i was not speeding at that time. I always admit my mistakes plus i have nothing to lie about. i'm cold hearted when it comes down to telling the truth. I get nothing about lying that i wasn't speeding specially to u guys really lol, not like u guys can get my points down. I just never though i would be this cheated by this system.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:44 AM

^The person calling me ignorant has probably has never been to Texas and is judging my State and I. Than respond to me like that. I'm trying to figure what actually happened. By how you are responding to me, it seems it was warranted. Maybe you should re-read my first response as I wasn't trying to act like a jackass even though it may have sounded like it. You're telling me in your first post that you were charged for going over 31 of the posted limit, but admitted going past the speed limit. You see where I get contradicting statements that lead me to believe something is wrong?

Where I live, there is a cop on every corner. And when I mean ever corner, I mean every corner. Have you ever seen a redneck cop before? Those are the worse. If I even look semi-speeding, intoxicated, or anything in between they call for backup and haul you in. Miami has the worst cops IMO. I lived in Brooklyn a year and stayed in NY city for a internship and actually am going to NYU Medical school, let alone that I also have tons of relatives there, so I kinda know.

Last edited by TheChamp531; 12-11-2011 at 09:48 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:47 AM
3G TL/2G MDX Owner

Received 978 Likes on 803 Posts
Well they have me paying driver assessment fee in which is $200 a year for 3 yrs to prevent them from suspending my license. If i fail to pay those $200 then I'm screwed and will have to pay the whole fee plus suspension fee to get license back.
ouch.

question (not judging): why put yourself into a situation where you would get a tix/points and have to pay such a fee? i'm just sayin'

if you know the areas which are definitely speed traps, then why not slow down? if NYPD is as bad as you say, no need to draw anymore attention to yourself than necessary. i typically slow down in those known speed trap areas wherever i drive and there are many. its not worth the aggravation.

just something to think about when you are driving around/commuting. its not as fun, but saves the hassle to dealing with the local PD.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:49 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Yup, the west side highway is horrible with the NYPD Highway Patrol, but I dig their killer boots! lol I thought you're supposed to take the certificate to DMV.
lol i don't ever since they threw the license on to my face for supposedly not signaling in 42nd street. I signal for everything even for my U turns. I wanna get the hell out of this damm city. One of my friend got his car taken because he had a liquor bottle in his trunk. Well thx for the info man, i will take my certificate as soon as possible tomorrow
Old 12-11-2011, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by nytrafficlawyer.com
Let us put the experience and insight of a former traffic court judge to help you avoid:
  • Suspended driver's license
  • Revoked driver's license
  • Fines
  • Jail
  • Increased insurance premiums
  • Driver Responsibility Assessment
  • A Criminal Record
Our firm offers experienced and effective counsel on the following issues:

Call them on Monday. If I'm wrong, which hopefully I am, they can fix those 'Ticket myths' and fix your DRAP program in which you're now in. Hopefully this lowers your insurance premiums.

Traffic lawyers are relatively cheap. I don't see you spending half as much as you would spend paying those fees.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:53 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
ouch.

question (not judging): why put yourself into a situation where you would get a tix/points and have to pay such a fee? i'm just sayin'

if you know the areas which are definitely speed traps, then why not slow down? if NYPD is as bad as you say, no need to draw anymore attention to yourself than necessary. i typically slow down in those known speed trap areas wherever i drive and there are many. its not worth the aggravation.

just something to think about when you are driving around/commuting. its not as fun, but saves the hassle to dealing with the local PD.
lol omg, i knew he was there all along. I was going at legal speed but i still got pulled over. He told the judge he caught me by laser but yet couldn't provide proof. On my first 4 points of my license it was completely my fault driving up the I-84 to CT and i got caught off guard by a red neck trooper doing 81 on 65...i was rushing to see my ex girl who was in a hospital lol. But this time i was doing the right thing but i was still found guilty .
Old 12-11-2011, 09:57 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Call them on Monday. If I'm wrong, which hopefully I am, they can fix those 'Ticket myths' and fix your DRAP program in which you're now in. Hopefully this lowers your insurance premiums.

Traffic lawyers are relatively cheap. I don't see you spending half as much as you would spend paying those fees.
I was told by my agent not to worry about my premium going up. I trust this dude and have been a member for over 3yrs now. This guy is legit. But thx for the info anyways i will definitely look into it.
Old 12-11-2011, 09:59 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

^The person calling me ignorant has probably has never been to Texas and is judging my State and I. Than respond to me like that. I'm trying to figure what actually happened. By how you are responding to me, it seems it was warranted. Maybe you should re-read my first response as I wasn't trying to act like a jackass even though it may have sounded like it. You're telling me in your first post that you were charged for going over 31 of the posted limit, but admitted going past the speed limit. You see where I get contradicting statements that lead me to believe something is wrong?

Where I live, there is a cop on every corner. And when I mean ever corner, I mean every corner. Have you ever seen a redneck cop before? Those are the worse. If I even look semi-speeding, intoxicated, or anything in between they call for backup and haul you in. Miami has the worst cops IMO. I lived in Brooklyn a year and stayed in NY city for a internship and actually am going to NYU Medical school, let alone that I also have tons of relatives there, so I kinda know.
Well do i apologize for the response back to me but you do have to admit you came at me way too strong for someone who was only asking for a nice, not flaming advice lol seriously.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:00 AM

^that is good, but yeah it won't hurt at least (free consultation).

^I tend to do that a lot because I tend to see so many people that love to make excuses instead of taking responsibility. I apologized if it may seem that way.

Cause I think, according to what I've read, that 11-12 points gets your DL suspended so less points the better.

(At least we solved our issues unlike Justnspace getting banned for not!)

Last edited by TheChamp531; 12-11-2011 at 10:02 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:13 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

^that is good, but yeah it won't hurt at least (free consultation).

^I tend to do that a lot because I tend to see so many people that love to make excuses instead of taking responsibility. I apologized if it may seem that way.

Cause I think, according to what I've read, that 11-12 points gets your DL suspended so less points the better.

(At least we solved our issues unlike Justnspace getting banned for not!)

I had no idea justnspace got banned lol....Well according to the $200 fee i have to pay annually for 3yrs it will prevent suspension, Good way for the city to make money i guess? I have already contacted the lawyers via e-mail so hopefully ill have a good case. I don't mind paying the money or admitting to speeding if i was, but in this situation i was the only car with blue HID's going down the highway so I'm sure the guy had me targeted even if i was doing 30 on a 50. I wasn't able to bring my witnesses (which happens to be my family) in which it was shocking to them as well when the officer had said 81, gave my license and took off.

So the things i will do tomorrow will be:

1. Take my Defensive Driving Certificate to DMV for points deduction.
2. Speak to a lawyer regarding my unjust case.
3. No more revving even when there's no cops around.
4. Drive with my windows down in this cold weather when i see a cop so i won't get pulled over for having 35% tints with my light beige interior lol.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:25 AM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
we're allowed to go 5 mph over the limits
lol
Old 12-11-2011, 10:26 AM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,770 Likes on 4,341 Posts
.... I don't speed at all, obey all signs etc but NY cops are the worst, especially NYPD. Don't believe me? Drive up Rte 17 to upstate NY, you'll see local PD, sheriff's & NYSP all over that highway with laser nailing everyone.
haha Exactly lol but this Texan swears is the same. NYPD is money hungry and will try to catch you for anything even if you have a missing screw off your license plate frame.

I've driven a long time. Longer than a lot of you guys have been alive. And a lot of miles. Pretty sure I've made the "million mile club" by now. And I've driven in more states than I can count - inlcuding NYC, metro NY/NJ, LI, and upstate.

Along the way I've had some incidents; minor accidents (no injuries, thank God. And for the most part, not my fault), and some tickets. I used to get speeding tickets about once a year - when I was younger and stupider. I've been ticketed in at least 6 states by city, county and state troopers.

In all that time I can tell you one thing: They were all legit. Despite my excuses, my rationalization and my desire to avoid penalties and blame - every one was legit; EVERY SINGLE ONE.

Were you doing 81 in a 50? . Were you speeding? Yep. Did you get caught? Yep.

Lawyer up and deal with it.

Last edited by Bearcat94; 12-11-2011 at 10:31 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Bearcat94:
Acuraluvr (12-14-2011), Gfaze (12-11-2011), RaviNJCLs (12-14-2011), xander569 (12-21-2011)
Old 12-11-2011, 10:30 AM
I shave my change purse

Originally Posted by Bearcat94

Were you doing 81 in a 50? . Were you speeding? Yep. Did you get caught? Yep.

Lawyer up and deal with it.
Absolutely.

Only problem is that he will fight you to the death on this because by now he has even convinced himself that he wasn't speeding.

Just watch and see. He is going to also probably going to call me a few names.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:32 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
lol
Wel I've never seen anyone getting pulled over for doing 55 on a 50 before since laser guns aren't sometime properly calibrated lol

@ Bearcat: lol no offense taken but i wasn't speeding. Another question is why the officer couldn't proof he lasered me? And when i asked he replied it was "specific". I got caught speeding before and i took it and assumed responsibility for it.

Last edited by tones160; 12-11-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:37 AM
[x] FWCC [x]

Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
Absolutely.

Only problem is that he will fight you to the death on this because by now he has even convinced himself that he wasn't speeding.

Just watch and see. He is going to also probably going to call me a few names.
lol i wouldn't insult anyone unless I'm being insulted first ...you can see through out all of my posts here in Acurazine that i don't flame or insult people.
Old 12-11-2011, 10:41 AM
I shave my change purse

Wel I've never seen anyone getting pulled over for doing 55 on a 50 before since laser guns aren't sometime properly calibrated lol

@ Bearcat: lol no offense taken but i wasn't speeding. Another question is why the officer couldn't proof he lasered me? And when i asked he replied it was "specific". I got caught speeding before and i took it and assumed responsibility for it.
Just because YOU have never seen anyone get pulled over for 55 in a 50 doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Just means you don't know anyone it has personally happened to. There's a difference.

The Law is the Law. If a cop gave someone a ticket for 51 in a 50, he can, and it is fully a lawful Summons. Will a cop do it? Probably not unless there are other reasons that cause the officer to issue such a BS summons. Bad attitude is probably the biggest reason.

The Cop doesn't need to prove anything to you, he needs to prove it to the court and/or judge. The Judge felt that the cops testimony and everything else was in the cops favor and not yours. If you failed to provide a good enough case to the judge as to how YOU CAN PROVE you weren't speeding then its no one else's fault but yours.

I know you don't like to hear facts or the truth, but there you go. And i'm not trying to be a dyck, just stating from what I know regarding these things.

I've lived in NYC since birth, and still do. I have Zero points. Have I been pulled over for speeding? Yup. But my attitude is always very apologetic and I respect the officer 100%. I admit my wrong doing, I get yelled at a bit, and the cops goes on his way. Respect goes a long way and is a two way street. I rather that a cop yell at me than receive a ticket any day. I know I was wrong.

Also, I don't call attention to myself with lights all over my car, dark tint, music blasting, etc. I blend in with other traffic in the street.

Last edited by WILLDOGS; 12-11-2011 at 10:45 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to do?! 10 points in license.