West Texas Nissan backs out of Ebay Auction

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 01:49 PM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
West Texas Nissan backs out of Ebay Auction

Just read about this on the gencoupe forum.... I know there's another thread, but that's regarding a FJ.

I read about this happening to a few others and thought wow that sucks!! Then it happened to me...

Here's my story...

The eBay auction for item #160459432886 (2001 SS Camaro), posted by Joey Lee with West Texas Nissan, ran for a total of three days and was completed by my winning bid of $6301.00 on 7/25/10. I sent Joey an email shortly after the completion of the auction requesting payment instructions to finalize the sale. I checked my email the following morning on 7/26/10 and had not received a response from Joey. I attempted to contact Joey several more times by phone and email that same day. I received an email from Joey on 7/26/10 at 13:52 saying "Car was contracted Saturday by a retail customer at the store."

I called West Texas Nissan after receiving Joey's response and there were two different salesmen who advised me the 2001 SS Camaro had not been sold and was still available. I gave one salesman the VIN # 2G1FP22G312124932 along with stock # 10D048AB and had him double check. He advised me that the car did not have any pending contracts and was still for sale. The other salesman took additional pictures that were not available on the website of the Camaro at my request and emailed them to me. I also went to West Texas Nissan's website and the 2001 SS Camaro was listed for sale under used vehicles at $11,980.00.

I called West Texas Nissan on 7/26/10 at 20:13 and asked to speak with someone who was over the sales department due to an issue I was having with one of their sales managers. I was transferred to Steven Gonzales who advised me that he was the sales GM. I began talking with Steven to explain the reason for my call and it became apparent that he was already aware of the situation. Steven told me that the car had already been sold and was no longer at the dealership. I informed Steven about the sales department advising me that the Camaro had not been sold and was still available. I also mentioned that the Camaro was still showing for sale on West Texas Nissan's website. There was a pause afterward and then the truth came out. Steven said to me "Look. You and I both know what kind of car this is and there is no way you're getting it for that price" (referring to the price of my winning bid). To add insult to injury, Steven said, "There are a lot of those kind of cars around this area. So what I can do is give you some numbers for the dealerships around here and you can check with them to see if they have any."

It is unfortunate that Joey Lee and Steven Gonzales with West Texas Nissan have chosen not to honor eBay's terms of use that were agreed to before placing the 2001 SS Camaro into auction; however, sometimes greed can cause individuals to become shortsighted in that their only concern is earning a profit with the deal at hand no matter what the means may be. These types of decisions not only reflect poorly on the individual, but also reflects poorly on the company that these individuals represent as shown in the following Better Business Bureau link: West Texas Nissan, LP - Auto Dealers-New Cars - Better Business Bureau

I have since been in contact with eBay, eBay Motors, Nissan USA, Better Business Bureau, Odessa American, and multiple online automotive related organizations in order to inform the public of West Texas Nissan's practices and to hold the dealership accountable for their actions.

I would like to thank each and every one of you who have taken the time to listen. I'm tired of big companies having the mentality that they can just piss on the little guy and nothing will be said! Unfortunately most people never say or do anything about it because they feel like they're only one person and won't make a difference. I may only be one person, but I know there are many others out there who can relate and know that numbers speak volumes!! The contact information listed below for West Texas Nissan is public information that can be found on Google, Better Business Bureau and through the dealerships website. I'm sure the dealership would love to hear from all of us "little guys" about being pissed on.

West Texas Nissan
(800) 679-1720
4307 John Ben Shepperd Pkwy
Odessa, TX 79762

Website: Nissan in Texas : Midland Auto Dealerships : Andrews Cars : San Angelo : Carlsbad : Hobbs : Odessa : WestTexasNissan.com
Facebook: West Texas Nissan | Facebook
Twitter: West Texas Nissan (WestTXNissan) on Twitter

Owner: Brian Black - bblack@westtexasnissan.com
Executive Mgr: Michael Fisher - mfisher@westtexasnissan.com
GM: Joey Lee - jlee@westtexasnissan.com
Sales Mgr: Steven Gonzalez - Sgonzalez@westtexasnissan.com

Thanks again everyone!
Source:
http://www.gencoupe.com/off-topic/42...y-auction.html
Old 08-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Another person bidding on an auction from a seller with no feedback. Anyone else seeing a pattern here? Use common sense people and odds are you'll be fine...

Last edited by juniorbean; 08-05-2010 at 01:55 PM.
Old 08-05-2010, 01:58 PM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
Don't try to pretend it's the bidders fault. There's an expectation of following the rules, especially if said seller is a physical dealership that you know where they are. This isn't some clown from Nigeria.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:00 PM

Received 16,267 Likes on 11,974 Posts
Damn, Texas again????
Old 08-05-2010, 02:04 PM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
they should have to honor his bid. why didn't they put a reserve on the auction?
Old 08-05-2010, 03:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
Don't try to pretend it's the bidders fault. There's an expectation of following the rules, especially if said seller is a physical dealership that you know where they are. This isn't some clown from Nigeria.
It's not entirely the bidders fault... however, caveat emptor. Just as with any purchase you need to do your research. If the car sells before the auction ends, the seller needs to end the auction early. If they want to sell it for a certain price, they need to put a reserve on it. If they do not do things like that and an auction ends, they are liable and stuff like this happens. So yeah, they're on the hook and they are in the wrong.

If you get feedback from your friends and neighbors that a local dealer is terrible, and you go to them and have problems... should you really be surprised? Does it make it right... of course not, but part of the blame is yours as well since the situation could have been completely avoided by heeding the advice, doing your research, and using a more reputable dealer.

eBay runs on a feedback system. That's why it's there... to protect the buyers and offer them a way to choose who to do business with. A dealer with 9 feedback "messages"... 6 positive, 2 negative and 1 neutral would be a huge red flag . Especially when there are tons of sellers/dealers who have thousands of positive feedback with a 99.5% or higher seller rating.

So did the bidder do anything wrong? Absolutely not. Is it his fault... not entirely... but again, caveat emptor...
Old 08-06-2010, 05:37 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts
I gotta say, if I saw a 01 SS for that price, I would have bid on it as well.
Old 08-06-2010, 06:04 AM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts

Haven't these people learned not to fuck with the Internet yet? The definition of stupidity is performing the same action over and over again and expecting a different result. The bidders are also to blame but still, most of it lies with these retard dealership managers.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CocheseUGA
I gotta say, if I saw a 01 SS for that price, I would have bid on it as well.
I almost got taken as well a few years back on a Lexus IS. It was about $5k below what everyone else seemed to be selling for, however, after going through the seller (who was a dealer) feedback and looking them up on the BBB, I stayed away. I'm glad I did too b/c the person who did win that auction ended up fighting with them for the car (from what I could gather by the feedback left). Glad I looked them up and stayed away!!
Old 08-06-2010, 09:03 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-06-2010, 09:26 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
Another?! jeez this is becoming a common occurrence...
Old 08-06-2010, 09:32 AM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
I'm sending them some e-mails from a new e-mail address when I get home.
Old 08-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
not on their website anymore...
Old 08-06-2010, 08:24 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
Originally Posted by Fireguy0826
not on their website anymore...
The e-mail address?