weres the 04 TL???

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2003, 03:38 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
weres the 04 TL???

has it even been confirmed that the 2004 TL will infact be a redesign or is Acura waiting till 2005??

How in the hell is it possible that there are hundreds of spy pics of EVERY SINGLE new car MONTHS and MONTHS before its release accept the TL....i know we have seen pics of every single one of the following cars at least 3-6 months before its "official debut" at an autoshow or showroom floors.

new BMW 5 series
BMW Z4
new BMW 7 Series
every new exotic (enzo, murcialago, etc)
350Z coupe and vert
new maxima
new accord
EVO
G35 sedan/coupe

and the list goes on...

how is it that Acura can keep the new TL under such intense security....security EXPONENTIALLY better than powerhouse manufacurers like BMW, etc.

i mean we havent even seen a damn grainy, obscure photo of an incredibly cladded and masked TL!!!
Old 04-03-2003, 03:41 PM
whoXwanXsum

exactly... i am wondering wtf is going on myself.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:45 PM
Banned

personally, i think it may not even be coming out at all as a re-design till at least 2005 modle year.

they have made no announcements
they have issued no preliminary sketches
there are no spy photos
there are no official photos
there is no official announcement of its debut at any autoshow this year

if acura had a new TL coming out this fall, theyed be FOOLS to keep it under wraps till this late in the year. why wouldnt they want people talking about it? why wouldnt they want it on the cover of all the car mags? by the time it comes out, if it does this year, no one will even know its out because they dont advertise or plan ahead. although, its not surprising, as Acura typically has very crappy advertising anyhow....the TL/RL/CL commercials are complete bores....
Old 04-03-2003, 03:52 PM
CLS 6MT Navi

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts
Well if you can believe a sales rep at my dealer they were supposed to get a sneak picture this week or next of the new TL.
I'm not thrilled with the dealer right now so I won't be going there to see it.
Old 04-03-2003, 03:55 PM
Elite Member

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=99453
Old 04-03-2003, 03:58 PM
What, me drive fast?

They made it seem that the 2004 RL "re-style" was bigger than it was. Maybe the rumored TL redesign isn't that different either? Personally I love the look of the TL. It is one of the sexiest 4 doors on the market I think. But, if Acura does it right, then they could really bite off a piece of the competition. Wait and see I guess...
Old 04-03-2003, 03:59 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess it would better have a better NAV Like the one in TSX ( Killer dashboard too!)... I hope 6-speed... and nice goodies too. However, I feel there would be ni Type-S version this year... mu guess a messaged 280 HP from the 3.2L is possible. you would see some 235 WHP at the dyno fro the stock 6-speed.

I to would be nice that next year we will see a some hybrid designs with some 360 HP! CLS engine plus 100 eHP.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:01 PM
Banned

Originally posted by ELITE TYPE S
http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...threadid=99453

nope...

look at the first phrase of that link!!

"word on the street is....."

thats totally meaningless and it just validates my point, there is no official announcement of anything regarding the TL. nor is there any photographic or video evidence.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:05 PM
A-CL Fanatic

One of the reasons you may not see spy shots is that the Honda Testing compound in Marysville is EXTREMLY tightly gaurded, you can and will be shot for going to far into the compound. Plus Honda employees are extremly loyal, I dated a girl who's dad was head of R&D at Honda, and I could never get much info out of him.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:15 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally posted by jimcol711
nope...

look at the first phrase of that link!!

"word on the street is....."

thats totally meaningless and it just validates my point, there is no official announcement of anything regarding the TL. nor is there any photographic or video evidence.

Jim every other time you open your mouth you end up sound like a complete idiot. Acura rarely releases things far in advance. It's their M.O. :shakehd: When this new TL comes out you are going to look like comeplete idiot.....not that you don't already but it'll just VALIDATE it. Are you on the rag or something?
Old 04-03-2003, 04:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Next gen TL will be out in Sept of 2003. Relax folks.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:33 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think it will be redesigned for 04 because if it wasn't then the 2004 TL would have been released already (the 02's and 03's were released in early spring of the prior year).

I also think that at least Nissan might have purposely leaked info about the G and Z to get a stir going (considering they were going bankrupt). The accord we only knew about very close to release. If the TL comes out in Sept (or sometime in the fall) then we might not know anything about it till July or August.

The Evo has been out in Europe and Japan for years. Exotics probably aren't as hush-hush because there is no big market for them. As for BMW...don't really have an answer/excuse for it.
Old 04-03-2003, 04:46 PM

All those cars besides the Maxima (and to an extent) are enthusiest cars that Car Magazines love to drive. Between Acura keeping it quiet and no one except a handful of you really giving a fuck, well, we will see it when it comes out in September at some auto show I think.

BTW, for those that say Acura keeps things under wraps. B.S. when they want to they show a close concept. Remember the TL-X with the suede interior back in 1998. Basically it was the Tl that came out in 1999. The RS-X concept was the same thing except the dropped height and 18s 2 years ago.
Old 04-03-2003, 05:09 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
AND historically, HONDA/ACURA don't tell the dealership anything so they will SELL ALL THE EXISTING INVENTORY of the current TL's etc.....My expeience is the DEALERSHIP are LAST to know what's coming. The most informative link is called "the INTERNET".
Old 04-03-2003, 11:53 PM
Subie Dubie

I think there could be a surprise for us with all the secrecy. It will definitely be bigger and more powerful is what i've heard from my dealer. I'd love to see 300+ stock.
Old 04-03-2003, 11:57 PM
East Coast Boost.!

I read on the Tl forum that the new TL might be appearing at the NY autoshow in a few weeks. Don't flame me, just what I heard.
Old 04-04-2003, 12:39 AM
Instructor

I went to the dealership last weekend and ask about the o4 tl. The manager told me that it will be the same. Just a lil interior change so i dunno. He said that if the RL didnt change why would the TL change. So dont flame me either.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:35 AM
Banned

Originally posted by Zapata

Jim every other time you open your mouth you end up sound like a complete idiot. Acura rarely releases things far in advance. It's their M.O. :shakehd: When this new TL comes out you are going to look like comeplete idiot.....not that you don't already but it'll just VALIDATE it. Are you on the rag or something?

sigh....yet again, you prove yourself to be nothing but an uneducated, immature douche bag with some type of sick love affair for me, whatever dude. you have no idea what i even said, i know its hard for you to comprehend things, so ill just give you the benefit of the doubt. im not crying about anything, im not on the rag, as i, unlike you have a cock and a pair of balls, not a pussy. anyhow, im not in the market for any car so ultimately it has no impact on me what the hell acura releases, i was simply expressing some facts and some opinions regarding the "supposed" redesign of the TL for 04.....

please, if you need to continue to draw attention to yourself like an immature little kid, dont do it in my threads, thanks.

back on point.....some of you have made valid responses, and i think all of the responses just validate my points....the dealers dont know shit as there stories all conflict eachother....no one really knows shit about it. if vegas were taking bets on whether the TL would be all-new for 2004, id bet against it. considering the lack of any "buzz" whatsoever, the lack of any corporate or dealer announcements, the lack of any spy pics or drawings, the lack of identical information coming from dealers....it would appear we were all just hyping ourselves up based on what we THINK acura should do based on what they have done in the past as far as their line-up changes and redesign.

the other thing that i beleive points to the possibility of NO new TL is that the new TSX is coming out now, acura wants ALL EYES on the TSX, why would they introduce 2 brand new models, not to mention, the 2 models in the same class (ok, the TSX is smaller and cheaper but still, both sedans, both semi-lux, both acura, etc) i seriously think all the indicators are pointing to no new TL this year. but of course i could be wrong.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by Zapata

Acura rarely releases things far in advance. It's their M.O. :shakehd: When this new TL comes out you are going to look like comeplete idiot.....not that you don't already but it'll just VALIDATE it. Are you on the rag or something?
I agree. If you've been a Honda/Acura fan for more then one year you should know by now that they are the most tight lipped company there is. No one even compares as far as I'm concerned. The new TL is still due out Fall of 2003, which is still 5-6 months away. Based on Acura's history we should hear or see something this summer.

Example.. TSX... released this month.. news and pics released on late Jan... early Feb. 2-3 months before hand. 2001 CL-S.. released in March of 2001, news about it released mid-December 2000... 2 1/2 months before. They seem to be on that schedule for every car, so expect some news around July.
Old 04-04-2003, 08:56 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by juniorbean
I agree. If you've been a Honda/Acura fan for more then one year you should know by know that they are the most tight lipped company there is.
There was a commericial (awhile back) for the new 2003 Honda Accord that made me laugh. The commericial basicly had the new accord on a test track, with the test driver being radio'ed from the "control tower" about "getting company" in the form of a aircraft trying to take spy photos.

The test driver preceded to drive the car under a huge camoflage area so that the accord would be out of sight from the prying eyes from the sky.

Even tho' Honda/Acura is very tight lipped about letting out info on their new products, at least they have a sense of humor about it
Old 04-04-2003, 09:06 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by greenmonster
There was a commericial (awhile back) for the new 2003 Honda Accord that made me laugh. The commericial basicly had the new accord on a test track, with the test driver being radio'ed from the "control tower" about "getting company" in the form of a aircraft trying to take spy photos.

The test driver preceded to drive the car under a huge camoflage area so that the accord would be out of sight from the prying eyes from the sky.

Even tho' Honda/Acura is very tight lipped about letting out info on their new products, at least they have a sense of humor about it
LOL... honestly I think that's one of the best commercials they've made. They showed their new car, and joked about how secure they are with new car information, all in one shot!
Old 04-04-2003, 10:09 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Ok so i probably shouldn't have posted a pic of a baby crying but you run around screaming like chicken little. You say one questionable thing after the next and so it provides a little ammo.

Yes look to past behavior for understanding the future. Honda rarely changes. You will say.

You give me data about every other manufacturer BUT HONDA/ACURA. Anybody who seems to have a clue, you not being one of them, understands that H/A are VERY VERY hush hush about all of their product releases. H/A provides little buzz to anything they do until after it is released. It is the way the operate.

Originally posted by jimcol711
sigh....yet again, you prove yourself to be nothing but an uneducated, immature douche bag with some type of sick love affair for me, whatever dude. you have no idea what i even said, i know its hard for you to comprehend things, so ill just give you the benefit of the doubt. im not crying about anything, im not on the rag, as i, unlike you have a cock and a pair of balls, not a pussy. anyhow, im not in the market for any car so ultimately it has no impact on me what the hell acura releases, i was simply expressing some facts and some opinions regarding the "supposed" redesign of the TL for 04.....

please, if you need to continue to draw attention to yourself like an immature little kid, dont do it in my threads, thanks.

back on point.....some of you have made valid responses, and i think all of the responses just validate my points....the dealers dont know shit as there stories all conflict eachother....no one really knows shit about it. if vegas were taking bets on whether the TL would be all-new for 2004, id bet against it. considering the lack of any "buzz" whatsoever, the lack of any corporate or dealer announcements, the lack of any spy pics or drawings, the lack of identical information coming from dealers....it would appear we were all just hyping ourselves up based on what we THINK acura should do based on what they have done in the past as far as their line-up changes and redesign.

the other thing that i beleive points to the possibility of NO new TL is that the new TSX is coming out now, acura wants ALL EYES on the TSX, why would they introduce 2 brand new models, not to mention, the 2 models in the same class (ok, the TSX is smaller and cheaper but still, both sedans, both semi-lux, both acura, etc) i seriously think all the indicators are pointing to no new TL this year. but of course i could be wrong.