Went car shopping today

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2005, 11:50 PM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Went car shopping today

I went car shopping today with a friend who's looking for a new car. The two cars he is deciding are the 06 325i and the TSX.

We went to Bayside BMW first. The dealer was terrible. I could see that the salesman was getting fraustrated when my friend kept asking him questions. The salesman had no patience at all.

We than stopped by Paragon Acura. That was the worst experience ever. We were in the showroom for 10min and not one salesman came over to see if we needed help. We than went up to this salesman who was just standing there to ask him to help us. My friend wanted to test drive the TSX and the salesman went away to ask someone and came back and said they don't do test drives on the weekends and asked us to schedule a test drive for the weekday. So we asked him if we can sit down and talk about some numbers. His response was that we didn't even test drive the car and some other BS like how do you know if you even like the car or not and so what's the point about talking about numbers.

Another thing that really gets me mad is that both salesman from the BMW and Acura dealership ask my friend what kind of car he drives. That was the first question they asked.
Does it matter what kind of car he drives?

I truly believe now that all dealers in Queens, especially on Northern Blvd, lack quality service.

I wasn't surprised with how Paragon Acura was. I heard terrible stories about them all the time and experience them myself before with Paragon Honda. Paragon Honda couldn't find the car I wanted and tried to convince me to buy a car I didn't want and than gave me trouble when I wanted my deposit back.

Last edited by 6mtV6; 07-23-2005 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-23-2005, 11:59 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
How old are you? What were you wearing?
Old 07-24-2005, 12:23 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 6mtV6
I truly believe now that all dealers in Queens, especially on Northern Blvd, lack quality service....

no kidding
Old 07-24-2005, 12:26 AM
I6

Does it matter what we were wearing and how old we are? I guess it does at some dealers.
This never happen to me when I go to dealers in NJ.

If you must know, we are 24 and 25 dressed in cargo shorts wearing button down shirt and polo shirt. We went with our gf's. I drove because my friend wanted to pull up in a nice car. But they couldn't see because they don't have enough parking spaces on their lots so I park on the street.

Before I got my TL, I went to an Infiniti and Acura dealer in NJ. They both treated me very good. They always let me test drive the car by myself.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:30 AM
Banned

that's just NY attitude, IMO
Old 07-24-2005, 12:32 AM
6MT & LSD

How old you are (or look) and how you dress matter to most salesmen. But I think in your case, they may have thought you guys were just killing time, looking to test drive for fun - since there were 4 of you. IMO, serious buyers usually come alone or with just one other person - and the dealers want you to. Too many people/opinions ruins their sales pitch/scheme.

Go to the same dealerships again, dressed a bit better, and just the two of you this time. I'm sure it'll be a different experience.
Old 07-24-2005, 12:49 AM
I6

My friend and his gf are practically married. They are buying the car together. He also wanted me to go with him because I know a lot about cars and I'm also considering the 330i.

After the terrible experience why would we want to go back?
Dressed a bit better? What do you wear when you go car shopping? A suit?
Who would you rather buy from? A dealer that treats you good no matter what your wearing or a dealer who only treats you good when you're dressed in a suit?
After wearing a suit from Monday-Friday for work why would you want to put on a suit during the weekend just to buy a car? The weekend is when you relax and enjoy the day.
What's wrong with wearing cargo shorts? Plus it was a hot day today in NYC.

The first time I went to the Acura dealer was with 3 other people. My gf and my friend with his gf. We got treated pretty good. The salesman just came up to us and ask if we wanted to test drive the TL. That's the same dealer where I ended up buying two TL's from.
Old 07-24-2005, 04:55 AM
Pro

yea fuck dealerships

im 19 and remember going to a nissan dealership (Dorito Brothers in NorCal) with my roomate, whos pretty much the squarest looking dude in the world. the OWNER was treatin us like dumbasses, being an ignorant redneck peice of shit. the best part was when my roomate dropped the "yea well my grandmas giving me 50,000 in car money for a gift and i was interested in the 350z" the fat fuck got out of his chair and personally walked over to the car and let us in and look around, turning a 180 and slobbering over our nuts

i get treated like a dumbass by most acura dealerships when i take it in for service too....they really treat young people like shit
Old 07-24-2005, 08:04 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts
Screw that. If they don't want to give you the time, then why give them your business? Northern Blvd ... I used to have close family living near there (near 98th). Man, I didn't realize the dealerships in Queens were so notorious. But ... considering the neighborhood I was at ... maybe not.

PS When I drive my bro's C32 AMG (instead of my TL), I definitely get better treatment at dealerships ... stupid stereotyping.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:49 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
i'd get the bimmer. unless you can wait a yr or two to see if the TSX will come with a turbo