Very Frustrating :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:43 PM
TL ftw!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very Frustrating :(

Hey guys, I just got a ticket earlier.. The cop was a real asshole and said I didn't stop THROUGHLY.. He said he saw my wheels roll and didnt stop but I did stop. My court date is next month at August 14 2005. All I got is the yellow paper which tells me to go to court with a parent because Im only 17. Do you guys know when they will send me the fine or do I pay it in court? Also is this going to go on my record? If you guys know the price for the fine please post it here A.S.A.P because I'm very frustrated..
Old 07-16-2005, 10:29 PM
Burning Brakes

It will be on your record if you dont' show up at court. I don't think your chances are good because it's your word against the cops. It'll piss off your parents but try to convice one of them to go with you. It'll be worth it. Plead your case, say that the cop said you didn't stop "THOROUGHLY". This is important because it shows that you did stop but the cop is saying that you didn't stop LONG ENOUGH under his standards. If you stopped enough to physically stop and look both ways, you did stop. It's probably a case of a cop trying to teach a young person "a lesson."

If the copy said or did anything to hint at that he was trying to teach you a lesson like "hey, hope you learned a lesson" then tell the judge. Finally, wait until the judge gives his sentence and if it's against you, ask the judge for traffic school. say it's your first ticket (if it is) and ask for traffic school since it's your first ticket. good luck and don't roll through stop signs!
Old 07-17-2005, 04:23 AM
Pro

i got a speeding ticket in CA and it said i needed to go to court, 60 in a 35 so it was much worse than your case

a few weeks later i got a letter in the mail saying that if i paid 220 i could attend traffic school, skip court, and remove the points from my record

my uncle got a 400 dollar ticket for running a stop sign though
Old 07-18-2005, 02:13 AM
TL ftw!

Originally Posted by Liftedoff420
i got a speeding ticket in CA and it said i needed to go to court, 60 in a 35 so it was much worse than your case

a few weeks later i got a letter in the mail saying that if i paid 220 i could attend traffic school, skip court, and remove the points from my record

my uncle got a 400 dollar ticket for running a stop sign though

thats very high.. $400?? looks like I cant buy a new set of wheels for my car anymore..
Old 07-18-2005, 02:24 AM
Cruisin'

Not sure how differant it is in cali but I live in Fl and rolling through a stop sign (not running a stop sign) is just like a $80 ticket. Also the way it works here is they give you the price of the fine with the ticket and you have the option of going to court. At court you either plead 'no contest' and the judge decides what to do right then or you plead 'not guilt' and then you go to court where the police officer is present. I have been to court numerous times for tickets and usually just plead no contest and make sure the judge knows that I understand I made a mistake and sound real sorry and he usually drops atleast the points if not the whole ticket.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:18 AM
TL ftw!

Originally Posted by JaxJoker66
Not sure how differant it is in cali but I live in Fl and rolling through a stop sign (not running a stop sign) is just like a $80 ticket. Also the way it works here is they give you the price of the fine with the ticket and you have the option of going to court. At court you either plead 'no contest' and the judge decides what to do right then or you plead 'not guilt' and then you go to court where the police officer is present. I have been to court numerous times for tickets and usually just plead no contest and make sure the judge knows that I understand I made a mistake and sound real sorry and he usually drops atleast the points if not the whole ticket.

anyone else know?
Old 07-26-2005, 11:31 PM
TL ftw!

Hey guys my court date is in 3 weeks and I am surprised why I haven't received my ticket for the rolling stop yet? Do they give me the ticket when I go to court and I admit that I didnt stop all the way and they make me pay it there? Need your guys reply A.S.A.P, thanks alot
Old 07-26-2005, 11:34 PM
I'm back, biatch.

hire a lawyer... he'll fix everything. When the judge decides in your favor, yell out "fawk the police"!

seriously, hire a lawyer.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:26 AM
Kenpachi Teichou

Dude, you don't need a lawyer for some bs stop sign ticket. What's with you people and your damn lawyers!

Ah well, gotta go... there are some damn nice titties on MTV and I needs to be watching that shit.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
I'm getting sick of cops stopping people to "teach them lessons". We've got more important problems going on in this world.

Why not go solve a murder case? Douches..

Anyway, just pay the fine and remember to get involved with your community. The world is filled with morons such as this cop.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:07 AM
TL ftw!

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL
I'm getting sick of cops stopping people to "teach them lessons". We've got more important problems going on in this world.

Why not go solve a murder case? Douches..

Anyway, just pay the fine and remember to get involved with your community. The world is filled with morons such as this cop.

Don't they send you a ticket by mail? I haven't received anything so does that mean the fine is going to be given to me at the court?
Old 07-27-2005, 04:14 AM
Mazda=redneckricer

Fukit, don't go.
And if they ask why u didn't show up, tell them u were @ church! it's a fuking Suday!

Then, if u really got ballz, stand up and say:
"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the
selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and
good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his
brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee
with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and
destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my
vengeance upon you."