The TSX needed - Whatever

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2017, 11:27 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
Originally Posted by Saintor
Nice Jetta.

Was your TSX a 2009+ and what 'expert' told you to buy it? I don't need an expert to buy a car for 200$ less a month that will do 90% or more.
Hey you also could have gotten 2 Corollas for the price of 1 TLX, why didn't you do that? I mean one of them could do at least 80% of what your TLX does, so with 2 you will be doing 160% of what your TLX could do.
The following users liked this post:
kurtatx (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 12:16 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 293 Posts
Nice Jetta.

Was your TSX a 2009+ and what 'expert' told you to buy it? I don't need an expert to buy a car for 200$ less a month that will do 90% or more.
Do you own millions of dollars of Acura stock? What's wrong with you? Even Acura sales people don't act like you.
kurtatx (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 05:12 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
TSX got awesome reviews before Acura inexplicably axed it for the putrid ILX and the subpar pig Accord you drive.
You didn't answer.

TSX 1st was well acclaimed. I was in Europe last week and there were quite a few of them (a.k.a. Euro Accord) on the road. The bloated TSX 2nd as yours was a disaster - I saw maybe one. Show us where 'experts' thought' that it could be a smart buy, that was the question. Oh you can't? Now we understand why you got that $600/month Jetta.
Old 05-15-2017, 05:34 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
At least he doesn't have the same regurgitated J series V6 paired with the horrendously bland chassis they call the TLX
kurtatx (05-15-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 06:17 PM
Azine Jabroni

Received 2,158 Likes on 1,386 Posts
Originally Posted by TylerT
At least he doesn't have the same regurgitated J series V6 paired with the horrendously bland chassis they call the TLX
Just got the damn thing clean

Old 05-15-2017, 07:29 PM
Turd Polisher

Received 3,006 Likes on 1,514 Posts
91 and raining?!

Only in Texas and Central America.

Old 05-15-2017, 07:58 PM

Received 5,884 Likes on 2,899 Posts
You didn't answer.

TSX 1st was well acclaimed. I was in Europe last week and there were quite a few of them (a.k.a. Euro Accord) on the road. The bloated TSX 2nd as yours was a disaster - I saw maybe one. Show us where 'experts' thought' that it could be a smart buy, that was the question. Oh you can't? Now we understand why you got that $600/month Jetta.
It seems you didn't get the message when I told you to cease your trolling in this thread. So, let me be more clear and to the point - Post again in this thread and we are talking about a possible suspension. No more.
Old 05-15-2017, 08:49 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by TylerT
91 and raining?!

Only in Texas and Central America.

Wife's going out of town this weekend, so I'm hoping to keep the A4 out of the rain, but it's just too much damn rain.
Old 05-18-2017, 01:32 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Hey Kurtatx, Congrats on the A4, it looks great!

We're considering moving on from our TSX in the next year too. Anything that you really miss since moving on? Or, to the contrary, anything that makes you have the "why did I keep that car for so long?" vibe?

With IS350AWD and TLX AWD prices coming down to the low 30s on the used market, it's hard not to consider moving on. Considering a current gen S3 as well. Did you give that a look? The TSX, in its own weird way is pretty fun to drive. I guess because it feels bulletproof yet expendable, I can just beat on it mercilessly. Is the A4 "fun" to you?
kurtatx (05-18-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 03:01 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger
Hey Kurtatx, Congrats on the A4, it looks great!
Thanks! I really like it.

We're considering moving on from our TSX in the next year too. Anything that you really miss since moving on? Or, to the contrary, anything that makes you have the "why did I keep that car for so long?" vibe?
Couple of things I prefer about the TSX.
  • it's simpler. It's a well dressed Honda in many ways. To do anything out of the ordinary (ie changing a tire or towing) was easy and intuitive. The A4 has a whole mess of tools in the back of the trunk for doing everything (ie a small cap remover that if you lose you're royally hosed).
  • I have the Premium A4 with the Quattro (not the Ultra with the lower HP), so my sound system isn't as good as the one I had in the TSX.
  • The memory seat mechanism in the TSX is better (I just prefer the Honda implementation)
  • The A4 shifter is stupid. It's not mechanical and the Park option is a button on the side. Similar problem to the V6 TLX.
  • I loved my Acura dealership and while the Audi dealership has improved since I bought my first A4, the Acura dealership was amazing when it came to service and support
  • TSX steering is a little better
As far as the A4 goes
  • I wasn't going to go FWD again. Definitely not in Texas where the weather is almost always great for RWD. The only non-RWD cars I tested were the TLX the A4 (for obvious reasons)
  • My fears with the AWD was that it would somehow feel heavy. Not at all the case. Not only is the handling awesome, but the car feels light as a feather
  • What Audi has managed to do with the powerplant is ridiculous. If I drive downtown, I get 33 mpg for the trip. Yet the car has a 252 hp 2.0T. It's incredible
  • The Controls for the infotainment system are pretty awesome, even though my wife has kicked the volume button once or twice
  • CarPlay. Seriously, how do we live without it?
  • Climate control in the A4 is better

With IS350AWD and TLX AWD prices coming down to the low 30s on the used market, it's hard not to consider moving on. Considering a current gen S3 as well. Did you give that a look? The TSX, in its own weird way is pretty fun to drive. I guess because it feels bulletproof yet expendable, I can just beat on it mercilessly. Is the A4 "fun" to you?
Really good questions. I tried the IS and the TLX AWD. If you're going used, you really can't beat the IS. For a new car, the IS feels quite long in the tooth even with the F Sport package. The interior felt like a huge letdown for me and it was not fun to drive and while the LFA-inspired instrument cluster was cool, it's a lot less cool when it's in the IS.

Despite what some here will put in my mouth, I actually really liked the TLX. It's a major value play in the market with a good SH-AWD system and the best collection of basic features. However, the exterior just didn't quite do it for me and I am an Audi guy at heart I suppose. It really came down to the A4 and the TLX (I also looked at the BMW 4 series and had briefly considered the Giulia), and the A4 was just a little better in my world.

I don't know what to say about the A4 being "fun". All I can say is, when I get to work every day I get out of the car, hit the little lock thing on the rear door and smile when the thing chirps. Reviews have been lukewarm with regards to the drive on the A4, but when the roads get windy, the combination of AWD and the surprising power out of the 2.0T make the thing a blast.

PS: I have a 75 mph highway between work and home. The A4 literally devours the thing. Driving the A4 on a fast highway is like eating a steak in front of your dog. It begs to go faster, and if you're not careful, it will certainly do so.
Old 05-19-2017, 08:33 AM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by kurtatx
Thanks! I really like it.

Thanks for the reply man Now i'm itching to test drive some things this weekend
Old 05-13-2018, 01:08 PM
Azine Jabroni

It's been a while but I just cleaned her, so here's a few shots

The TSX needed - Whatever-fiuoeui.jpg

The TSX needed - Whatever-nvsf201.jpg

The TSX needed - Whatever-zfm5n4r.jpg

The TSX needed - Whatever-dgeeywk.jpg
The following 3 users liked this post by kurtatx:
00TL-P3.2 (05-14-2018), JT4 (05-14-2018), TylerT (05-14-2018)
Old 05-14-2018, 01:26 PM
JT4
CTSV,TL, Audi Q7 & A5SB

Received 599 Likes on 454 Posts
^ Looks great, I really like the current proportions of the A4 I hope Audi doesn't mess with it.. I just sat in an S4 last weekend when I was at the dealer for routine service, I love Audi interiors..
Old 05-14-2018, 03:07 PM
Azine Jabroni

Originally Posted by JT4
^ Looks great, I really like the current proportions of the A4 I hope Audi doesn't mess with it.. I just sat in an S4 last weekend when I was at the dealer for routine service, I love Audi interiors..
Thanks! Yeah, i like the current look at feel of it, but I'm interested to see what they do with the B9.5.