Tranny

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2004, 10:33 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tranny

Looks like our infamous Russ (silverbulletCL-S) is fed up with his G35 transmission. Funny how he was here dancing on our graves when the TL transmission recall notice went out.

Karma!

I also think that it is funny that he is looking to buy yet another car...
Old 10-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Cars...
Old 10-06-2004, 12:08 PM
Banned

It's a common problem, he isn't alone. Only the newer models have this fixed.
Old 10-06-2004, 12:55 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

You should check out the 350z forums...their transmission are going left and right even on the new cars. BTW, TL_6SP = Russ = SilverBulletCLS. Shame on you Russ for Hiding!
Old 10-06-2004, 01:13 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
ha ha LOL...I can shift from 3-6! I can shift from 3-6! na...na..na..nana!
Old 10-06-2004, 05:09 PM

The tranny went out on the Road and Track 350Z 1 year test car.....lol
Old 10-06-2004, 05:11 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The tranny went out on the Road and Track 350Z 1 year test car.....lol
But you have to give credit where credit is due...Nissan has revised the 6mts in 05 and will probably be able to retrofit the ones that fail in the future. Unlike Acura, it is a buffed up tranny and hopefully much more durable.
Old 10-08-2004, 02:39 PM
Racer

Funny thing is that Russ has made it public knowledge that he has tracked his car. He's even posted time slips. I wonder what that would do to his warranty (@ last check he stated that Infiniti was taking care of the problem). I've read that Mitsubishi has voided warranties of certain owners who autocross their cars...
Old 10-08-2004, 02:51 PM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
Funny thing is that Russ has made it public knowledge that he has tracked his car. He's even posted time slips. I wonder what that would do to his warranty (@ last check he stated that Infiniti was taking care of the problem). I've read that Mitsubishi has voided warranties of certain owners who autocross their cars...

History repeats itself. Russ had a 2k Maxima and tracked his car and Nissan denied him service. Ironically during this time, he swore he could take out a CLS Well, he got rid of the Max, got an Audi or CLS (CLS or Audi)...I forget what order and started trashing the Maximas He then goes back to Nissan and trashes the Acuras now. If anyone has ever heard the term "Gods Chariot," I think it started on ClubSi when Russ went there and started trashing the Civics. Well that was the sorted history of internet flaming for Russ.
Old 10-08-2004, 03:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by EZZ

History repeats itself. Russ had a 2k Maxima and tracked his car and Nissan denied him service. Ironically during this time, he swore he could take out a CLS Well, he got rid of the Max, got an Audi or CLS (CLS or Audi)...I forget what order and started trashing the Maximas He then goes back to Nissan and trashes the Acuras now. If anyone has ever heard the term "Gods Chariot," I think it started on ClubSi when Russ went there and started trashing the Civics. Well that was the sorted history of internet flaming for Russ.
Actually warranty was never denied on any of my cars except my 98 Maxima which injested water. So they denied that, and denied the clutch repair due to racing.

But since my G35 hasn't really been raced except TWICE in its life at a track, that really doesn't count anything against it. The 98 was raced at the import drag wars a few times. So yea, it showed its abuse a bit more.

The 2000 Maxima never had its warranty voided, its tranny died at 11k if I remember right. Due to a defect in the tranny of that year.

I only trashed the Acuras Tranny like everyone else does. Nothing new about that. Everyone trashes cars for a reason or another. So what. I don't believe its a big deal anyways, so why you making it one? Maybe you need to grow up some like the rest of the crew has and let it go.
Old 10-11-2004, 07:59 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
Actually warranty was never denied on any of my cars except my 98 Maxima which injested water. So they denied that, and denied the clutch repair due to racing.

But since my G35 hasn't really been raced except TWICE in its life at a track, that really doesn't count anything against it. The 98 was raced at the import drag wars a few times. So yea, it showed its abuse a bit more.

The 2000 Maxima never had its warranty voided, its tranny died at 11k if I remember right. Due to a defect in the tranny of that year.

I only trashed the Acuras Tranny like everyone else does. Nothing new about that. Everyone trashes cars for a reason or another. So what. I don't believe its a big deal anyways, so why you making it one? Maybe you need to grow up some like the rest of the crew has and let it go.
Thanks Russ.... I will forward this post to my friend at Infiniti customer service. He will know what to do.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
ahhh, the irony.
Old 10-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by mattg
ahhh, the irony.
Update!

My friend at Infiniti has already contacted the owners of the track. Looks like Infiniti wants to make an example of somebody!
Old 10-11-2004, 06:48 PM
Banned

Update!

My friend at Infiniti has already contacted the owners of the track. Looks like Infiniti wants to make an example of somebody!
LOL dream on.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:15 AM
Racer

Why should Infiniti have to pay for your tracking the car and ruining the transmission?
Old 10-12-2004, 10:17 AM
Banned

Why should Infiniti have to pay for your tracking the car and ruining the transmission?
Why should they care what one little guy like you says and waste their time. I know how Nissan works for 15 years. They don't give a crap what you say. They won't take the time either. So quit your lieing. The track wouldn't even know who I was or who came. So quit stiring up trouble like you always do. The tranny is actually being replaced as I type this.
Old 10-12-2004, 10:22 AM
EZZ
Burning Brakes

Why should they care what one little guy like you says and waste their time. I know how Nissan works for 15 years. They don't give a crap what you say. They won't take the time either. So quit your lieing. The track wouldn't even know who I was or who came. So quit stiring up trouble like you always do. The tranny is actually being replaced as I type this.
hahaha. So we better not hear you bitchen about how bad Acura trannies are. Seems like Nissan trannies aren't much better
Old 10-12-2004, 10:57 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by EZZ
hahaha. So we better not hear you bitchen about how bad Acura trannies are. Seems like Nissan trannies aren't much better
I took a chance getting the 6MT knowing this could happen. Well it did, but at least I didn't get left stranded. I just hope the new one is better.
Old 10-12-2004, 11:30 AM
Instructor

what I want to know is why would someone (Rhoderunner) go well out of his way to send an email to a corporate giant in hopes of getting someones warranty denied. Maybe a more productive use of his time is to work on getting a life.
Old 10-12-2004, 02:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by shodog
what I want to know is why would someone (Rhoderunner) go well out of his way to send an email to a corporate giant in hopes of getting someones warranty denied. Maybe a more productive use of his time is to work on getting a life.
Simple answer, because this guy deserves it. He comes onto our forum and stirs up sh*t. He laughs when Acura issues the TSB for the second gear issue.

I also can't stand this attitude where people abuse their cars and "track" them and expect their warranties to cover the damage that they caused to their vehicles. Clearly, the warranties were not intended to cover this type of abuse. Do you think that Infiniti should cover his transmission knowing that this guy "tracked" his car?
Old 10-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Instructor

Infiniti and Acura alike should build a transmission that is strong enough to withstand the horsepower of the motor regardless of how the individual drives.

About how TL6spd stirs up trouble, most of his arguments are in response to other posters. Having a difference of opinion is what makes a message board lively.
Old 10-12-2004, 04:09 PM
Banned

Simple answer, because this guy deserves it. He comes onto our forum and stirs up sh*t. He laughs when Acura issues the TSB for the second gear issue.

I also can't stand this attitude where people abuse their cars and "track" them and expect their warranties to cover the damage that they caused to their vehicles. Clearly, the warranties were not intended to cover this type of abuse. Do you think that Infiniti should cover his transmission knowing that this guy "tracked" his car?

If you read all my posts, its always you that starts to stir up crap like you did here. And I warned everyone for the tranny problems, everyone including you denied it, then it happened. Thats why I laughed. Funny part is, the tracking of my car was over 10k of miles ago and it wasn't the cause of the problem. It wouldn't be 6th gear either since 1-3 are used at the track mainly. Duh!
Old 10-12-2004, 04:53 PM
Banned

Isn't this called tattle tail in school? Wow we have a adult here doing the same thing. Or maybe he isn't a adult.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:05 AM
Racer

Russ- if your tracking of the car caused the transmission problem would you expect Infiniti to cover it under the warranty? As far as being a tattle tail.... there is something called ethics.
Old 10-13-2004, 08:09 AM
Racer

Infiniti and Acura alike should build a transmission that is strong enough to withstand the horsepower of the motor regardless of how the individual drives.

About how TL6spd stirs up trouble, most of his arguments are in response to other posters. Having a difference of opinion is what makes a message board lively.
Most of his arguments are in response to other posters? What message board are you reading? If this is the case, why was his other username Silverbullet-CLS banned from this board? I guess the moderators don't agree with you.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:01 AM
Banned

Russ- if your tracking of the car caused the transmission problem would you expect Infiniti to cover it under the warranty? As far as being a tattle tail.... there is something called ethics.
Of course not. But this problem wasn't caused by that, so your out of line and trying to cause trouble mr. tattletail. No it isn't ethics.
Old 10-13-2004, 10:02 AM
Banned

Most of his arguments are in response to other posters? What message board are you reading? If this is the case, why was his other username Silverbullet-CLS banned from this board? I guess the moderators don't agree with you.
Truthfully, it was turned off because people like you just wanted to attack it. So me and Soopa agreed to use another nickname. Why you think I am still here? Ask Rets.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Racer

Of course not. But this problem wasn't caused by that, so your out of line and trying to cause trouble mr. tattletail. No it isn't ethics.
you are stating here that you wouldn't submit a claim for damages caused by your tracking the car

yet...

in post #10 on this thread you admit to submitting a warranty claim for a clutch that was damaged due to racing.

Between the time you had the Maxima problems and now you developed ethics, or is your memory so short that you forgot what you stated five days ago?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:10 PM
Banned

you are stating here that you wouldn't submit a claim for damages caused by your tracking the car

yet...

in post #10 on this thread you admit to submitting a warranty claim for a clutch that was damaged due to racing.

Between the time you had the Maxima problems and now you developed ethics, or is your memory so short that you forgot what you stated five days ago?
Umm I don't see your arguement?
Old 10-13-2004, 12:47 PM
Racer

My question:

Your reply:

You seem to be saying that you would not submit a claim for damages that were caused by you tracking your car...

However, in your post #10 on this thread you state:

Actually warranty was never denied on any of my cars except my 98 Maxima which injested water. So they denied that, and denied the clutch repair due to racing..
which unless I'm missing something you submitted a claim for a clutch repair, the cause being your "racing" your Maxima.

Does there not seem to be an inconsistency between your submitting a repair claim on your Maxima (which was denied) and you stating that you wouldn't submit a claim for damages caused by tracking your car?

So my argument is why the inconsistency? It appears to me that you have no problem causing damage to your vehicle and having somebody else pay for YOUR actions. Clearly the warranty wasn't created with racing or tracking in mind, or else your Maxima's clutch would have been covered. So, you are either lying when you state that you wouldn't submit a claim for damage you caused, or you are lying about your submitting a warranty claim for you Maxima's clutch. Either way, you are a liar.