AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community (https://acurazine.com/forums/)
-   Car Talk (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/)
-   -   TLtotheS2k (https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/tltothes2k-933421/)

CLtotheTL32 07-10-2015 07:46 AM

TLtotheS2k
 
I'm keeping my username but I suppose that would be the next logical one :rofl:

Alas, it's time to move on from the TL. It's been a good 7 years but I finally purchased the car I've been dreaming of for over a decade, a S2000. This example is a two-owner 2005 with 95k miles.

The TL will be parted out and sold. Most parts are spoken for minus the 18x8.5 A-Specs.

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/424/1...f331570b_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/289/1...1cf842bc_b.jpg

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/357/1...39632895_b.jpg

Window tint should happen soon and I would love to replace the headunit with something that supports iPod connectivity and Bluetooth. I'm sure more will happen eventually but my wife-to-be has threatened my life if I dump money into this car like I did the TL :rofl:

Goodbye old friend :cry:

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5538/...1783f3fc_b.jpg

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7383/...3323b1d4_b.jpg

RPhilMan1 07-10-2015 08:37 AM

Congratulations! That is one of my favorite color combinations.

Will the S2K be your DD?

Sad to see the TL go. She looks great.

Joneill44 07-10-2015 08:55 AM

Another great TL gone. Congrats on the S2K I'm getting more jealous by the second

myron 07-10-2015 09:01 AM

Clean example. Nice find man. I was looking at one as well but anything local to me beat to shit. It also can't be my DD as we have 6+ months of snow on the ground a year so i would have to get another vehicle

Franchise1124 07-10-2015 09:26 AM

Congrats on the pickup! Sad to see the TL go...but that's a clean S2k :drool:

NBP04TL4ME 07-10-2015 09:29 AM

Congrats!! Both are nice rides - :cheers:

ACCURATEin 07-10-2015 09:54 AM

So what brand of coilovers have you ordered? :biggrin:

Mr. Maker 07-10-2015 10:07 AM

:cheers: buddy! Loved the TL.

Flipster23 07-10-2015 10:09 AM

Congrats, like I said before.

Next year we will be expecting some mods.

:thumbsup:

TylerT 07-10-2015 10:17 AM

Congrats on the AP2 Tyler! 95k is nothing and the car looks to be in great shape, nice pickup :thumbsup:

So.....

When's the first AutoX? :D

juniorbean 07-10-2015 10:34 AM

Awesome!! Looks really nice. Can't wait to see it in person one of these days :)

charliemike 07-10-2015 10:48 AM

Congrats on the S2K ... I hope you get a long and happy ownership out of it.

ttribe 07-10-2015 11:04 AM

Congrats on the S2K, Tyler!

I'm looking forward to the first shots of the wood grain vinyl-wrapped engine covers!

SuperTrooper169 07-10-2015 11:05 AM

Congrats man!!! :cheers: Soooooooooo love silver S2ks! :drool: All the best luck with her. :thumbsup:

JS + XES 07-10-2015 11:29 AM

:drool:

Bye TL :sad:

TylerT 07-10-2015 11:46 AM


Originally Posted by ttribe (Post 15490778)
Congrats on the S2K, Tyler!

I'm looking forward to the first shots of the wood grain vinyl-wrapped engine covers!

T, what's next?

Dropped yet?
Exhaust yet?
Hardtop yet?
Lip & skirts yet?

JS + XES 07-10-2015 11:48 AM

Lowered yet?
Boosted yet?

ttribe 07-10-2015 11:49 AM


Originally Posted by TylerT (Post 15490849)
T, what's next?

Dropped yet?
Exhaust yet?
Hardtop yet?
Lip & skirts yet?


Originally Posted by JS + BRZ (Post 15490854)
Lowered yet?
Boosted yet?

:fluffy:

TylerT 07-10-2015 11:57 AM

Tyler's wife is going to hate us :D

Cars + peer pressure = :what:

TacoBello 07-10-2015 12:05 PM


Originally Posted by TylerT (Post 15490873)
Tyler's wife is going to hate us :D

Cars + peer pressure = :pimp:

Fixed.

ACCURATEin 07-10-2015 12:07 PM


Originally Posted by TylerT (Post 15490873)
Tyler's wife is going to hate us :D

Cars + peer pressure = :what:

Well she is not his wife yet so he still has time to do some mods. :biggrin:

crazyasiantl 07-10-2015 12:07 PM

Congrats sir :cheers:

JS + XES 07-10-2015 12:11 PM


Originally Posted by ACCURATEin (Post 15490886)
Well she is not his wife yet so he still has time to do some mods. :biggrin:

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...71/686/891.jpg

v6cord2k5 07-10-2015 12:42 PM

Let the mod games begin! :devilgrin:

cjTL 07-10-2015 01:12 PM

Congrats Tyler! The end of one era and the beginning of another. :cheers:

rossv1 07-10-2015 01:17 PM

Sad to see the end of the TL but damn does the S2K look awesome. You really don't have to do much to it because it already looks great. Maybe just tint, leds, coils, wheels, hardtop, lip kit, exhaust, turbo, a few small things and you'd be in business. :biggrin:

Mr. Maker 07-10-2015 02:55 PM

Tints

Flipster23 07-10-2015 03:11 PM

Tints is a must..

I love Tints

The po-po can't see my kuz my tints so dark.

nokiaman 07-10-2015 04:07 PM

Congratulations Tyler, it is a stellar choice, I truly love the Honda S2K ever since I drove TommySalami's car, loved the nimbleness and the high rpm band.

Soo your-wife-to-be-aside why does it still look stock? :D
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, go , go go!!:tomato:

SamDoe1 07-10-2015 04:21 PM


Originally Posted by nokiaman (Post 15491203)
Congratulations Tyler, it is a stellar choice, I truly love the Honda S2K ever since I drove TommySalami's car, loved the nimbleness and the high rpm band.

Soo your-wife-to-be-aside why does it still look stock? :D
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, go , go go!!:tomato:


Wife to be is probably right, keeping the car stock will keep its value up. :thumbsup:

Certain mods appeal to certain people but a bone stock (other than basic things like stereo headunit, tints, etc) S2k will almost always bring in more money than a modded one.

JS + XES 07-10-2015 04:23 PM

^ SamDoe strikes again! You don't buy this car to bring in more money! :D

VisualEchos 07-10-2015 04:24 PM

I have fond memories of my 2001 S2K, first car I ever purchased new, what an event. I remember driving it off the lot, then stopping after about 2 blocks, jumping out and taking a good look again. Yes, it was real, she was mine, and I was in heaven.

Congrats sir.

TacoBello 07-10-2015 04:27 PM

And if you do modify, ALWAYS keep the stock parts for if you ever sell the car!! Which you won't. Because once you s2, you never go back. Or something to that effect. Just ask Rockstar :D

v6cord2k5 07-10-2015 04:29 PM

Why buy a used car and modify it with the next owner and resale in mind? :rolleyes:

This is his dream car. Personalize it!

JS + XES 07-10-2015 04:30 PM


Originally Posted by VisualEchos (Post 15491214)
I have fond memories of my 2001 S2K, first car I ever purchased new, what an event. I remember driving it off the lot, then stopping after about 2 blocks, jumping out and taking a good look again. Yes, it was real, she was mine, and I was in heaven.

Congrats sir.

That's real. Ah, chills.

Yumcha 07-10-2015 07:03 PM

:cheers:

StreetKA 07-10-2015 08:29 PM

awesome! i want s2000 bad

Steven Bell 07-10-2015 09:20 PM

Congrats Tyler! What a terrific find. I'll be sorry to see the TL go.

CLtotheTL32 07-10-2015 10:49 PM


Originally Posted by RPhilMan1 (Post 15490597)
Congratulations! That is one of my favorite color combinations.

Will the S2K be your DD?

Sad to see the TL go. She looks great.

Thanks Ryan! I'm so damn excited about this car.

Yep, it's the DD. My fiancee has a 2011 Elantra and we'll be purchasing a beater truck once the TL is sold so we have something capable of weekend trips to Lowe's.


Originally Posted by Joneill44 (Post 15490626)
Another great TL gone. Congrats on the S2K I'm getting more jealous by the second

Thank you! The TL has been great to me and I'm happy with what it became, but no matter what I did, I couldn't stop thinking about a S2k. It was only a matter of time!


Originally Posted by myron (Post 15490635)
Clean example. Nice find man. I was looking at one as well but anything local to me beat to shit. It also can't be my DD as we have 6+ months of snow on the ground a year so i would have to get another vehicle

Eff winter. I don't know how you put up with it! It gets colder than 50 and I hibernate :rofl:


Originally Posted by Franchise1124 (Post 15490666)
Congrats on the pickup! Sad to see the TL go...but that's a clean S2k :drool:

Thank you so much! This thing is so damn fun.


Originally Posted by NBP04TL4ME (Post 15490669)
Congrats!! Both are nice rides - :cheers:

Thank you! :)


Originally Posted by Mr. Maker (Post 15490712)
:cheers: buddy! Loved the TL.

Thanks Maker! The TL is still fantastic, it just wasn't a S2k. Even with the aftermarket parts removed, someone will great an extremely well cared for vehicle.


Originally Posted by Flipster23 (Post 15490718)
Congrats, like I said before.

Next year we will be expecting some mods.

:thumbsup:

I'm expecting them next week but that won't happen :rofl:

Thank you!


Originally Posted by TylerT (Post 15490729)
Congrats on the AP2 Tyler! 95k is nothing and the car looks to be in great shape, nice pickup :thumbsup:

So.....

When's the first AutoX? :biggrin:

Once I learn how to back it in the garage without stalling :rofl:

I had driven a stick 4 times in my life before test driving the S2k on Tuesday. I did really well on the way to work today but I'm not ready to tackle a track day anytime soon. I'm just happy to have one :)


Originally Posted by juniorbean (Post 15490746)
Awesome!! Looks really nice. Can't wait to see it in person one of these days :smile:

Thanks JB! It would be great to meet up with you and let you take it for a spin! It won't be anything like your 996 but it's still a blast :toocool:


Originally Posted by charliemike (Post 15490761)
Congrats on the S2K ... I hope you get a long and happy ownership out of it.

Thank you sir!


Originally Posted by ttribe (Post 15490778)
Congrats on the S2K, Tyler!

I'm looking forward to the first shots of the wood grain vinyl-wrapped engine covers!

You're such a dick :rofl: :hug:

I still can't say that I exactly like them but they were free and they're different. They're going to another TL owner so they'll be around for a while longer to haunt you in your sleep :tomato:


Originally Posted by SuperTrooper169 (Post 15490779)
Congrats man!!! :cheers: Soooooooooo love silver S2ks! :drool: All the best luck with her. :thumbsup:

Thanks Todd! I'm so damn excited about this thing. I just want to drive!


Originally Posted by JS + BRZ (Post 15490804)
:drool:

Bye TL :sad:

Sadly it has to go. It hasn't been easy letting it sit outside when all I wanted was to have it in the garage just a few months back :cry:


Originally Posted by TylerT (Post 15490873)
Tyler's wife is going to hate us :biggrin:

Cars + peer pressure = :what:

She's hated Acurazine for 7 years, especially when I dragged her ass to Kansas for the National Meet in 2011 :rofl:

I'm a car person. She knows it makes me happy so she supports me; she just doesn't like how it eats away at my wallet. I told her to be nice about me modding the S2k if she wants me to have any money to my name when we combine bank accounts :spit:


Originally Posted by ACCURATEin (Post 15490886)
Well she is not his wife yet so he still has time to do some mods. :biggrin:

Herra tints yo.


Originally Posted by crazyasiantl (Post 15490887)
Congrats sir :cheers:

Thanks Bryan!


Originally Posted by v6cord2k5 (Post 15490939)
Let the mod games begin! :devilgrin:

I'm already planning everything out but I honestly love it as-is. Well, minus the radio. It's shit.


Originally Posted by cjTL (Post 15490996)
Congrats Tyler! The end of one era and the beginning of another. :cheers:

Indeed it is, Craig! Thank you sir :)


Originally Posted by rossv1 (Post 15491003)
Sad to see the end of the TL but damn does the S2K look awesome. You really don't have to do much to it because it already looks great. Maybe just tint, leds, coils, wheels, hardtop, lip kit, exhaust, turbo, a few small things and you'd be in business. :biggrin:

Aye fukk yew, Ross! :rant:

The TL truly has been great but this was meant to be. I had the TL for a week in 2008 and nearly traded it for a 2004 S2000, but decided I wanted back seats. After hardly ever using the rear seats for the last 7 years, I figured it was time.


Originally Posted by Flipster23 (Post 15491141)
Tints is a must..

I love Tints

The po-po can't see my kuz my tints so dark.

And it's already turning into a typical Tyler thread :rofl: Please continue!


Originally Posted by nokiaman (Post 15491203)
Congratulations Tyler, it is a stellar choice, I truly love the Honda S2K ever since I drove TommySalami's car, loved the nimbleness and the high rpm band.

Soo your-wife-to-be-aside why does it still look stock? :biggrin:
It is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission, go , go go!!:tomato:

Thank you Mark! If you love it so much, even trade for the 458? Maybe the Jaaaaagggg? Forum-celebrity owned vehicles appreciate in value 10-fold so you'll be coming out ahead! :rofl:

Mods will happen! They will. I promise. Just not anytime soon. The house is being painted at the end of the month and the wedding is less than 3 months away. I'm just happy to have the car in general :)


Originally Posted by SamDoe1 (Post 15491208)
Wife to be is probably right, keeping the car stock will keep its value up. :thumbsup:

Certain mods appeal to certain people but a bone stock (other than basic things like stereo headunit, tints, etc) S2k will almost always bring in more money than a modded one.

It's funny that I've done all that crap to the TL yet wanted a stock S2000. I guess I want to start with a blank canvas and truly make it my own.

Whatever I do, it'll be an OEM+ look. Drop, spacers, lip, maybe catback, but that's about it. Clean and classy. I got sick of the black elements on the TL about a year ago but was too lazy to swap them out. Live and learn!


Originally Posted by VisualEchos (Post 15491214)
I have fond memories of my 2001 S2K, first car I ever purchased new, what an event. I remember driving it off the lot, then stopping after about 2 blocks, jumping out and taking a good look again. Yes, it was real, she was mine, and I was in heaven.

Congrats sir.

What a post. Thank you so much! I caught myself turning around and looking at it a few times earlier. Even when I parked it in the garage last night, I would turn on the light from inside the house and just look at it through the window of the door. It's hard to believe that it's mine.


Originally Posted by Yumcha (Post 15491338)
:cheers:

Thanks, Yummy :)


Originally Posted by StreetKA (Post 15491403)
awesome! i want s2000 bad

Do it!


Originally Posted by Steven Bell (Post 15491440)
Congrats Tyler! What a terrific find. I'll be sorry to see the TL go.

Thank you Steven! Yeah, it'll be hard to see it go, but at least you got to see it in person! That'll be a trip I'll never forget! Plus, who says I can't bring the S2k to a National Meet in the future? ;)

neuronbob 07-11-2015 06:11 AM

CONGRATS! You are joining a special fraternity of owners. This is a special car. You will always remember it for the rest of your driving life, whether you keep it for the long term or not. Nothing else drives quite like a S2000.

Yours looks to be a clean, well-kept example. They say 95k is just broken in on a S2000, and believe me when I say they are dead reliable. You shouldn't have any problems with it.

Your 3G TL was a gem, too. I'm sure you will miss it.....until you hit 8k in your S2000 on your way to work.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:52 PM.


© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands