ticket for 45 in 40??

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2009, 12:09 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ticket for 45 in 40??

Got a ticket last night for 45 in a 40, I wasnt even driving like an ass or anything and the cop was driving without headlights! he pulled me over and I was like you didnt even have headlights on(11pm) he replys I dont need headlights when I have a light bar on the roof(WTF) so I even have a purple heart plate on my car and everything(was wounded in Iraq) I would assume the cop didnt know what it was considering he was maybe 23-24 and actually gives me a ticket for 45 in 40, i havent had a ticket for anything since 03, ohh and my car was listed as an 07 acura integra on the ticket, hmmm doesnt look anything like a TLS
Old 04-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Safety Car

Received 57 Likes on 35 Posts
haha, sounds like the cop just felt like being a dick! That sucks though, send it in not guilty, that's what I do.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Interesting.. he must have been in a shitty mood.

The CHP [here in California] use visible enforcement; at a minimum their parking lights will be on if they're actively looking to get people.

But the good news is you can tell the judge that wasn't you because you don't drive an integra; someone with an integra must have stolen your license.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
That bites! Was it in a small town somewhere? I know one small town near here that will bust you in a heart beat if you go anywhere over the speed limit.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:16 PM
Race Director

Received 275 Likes on 159 Posts
he did what every rookie cops does, made an ass of himself.

Fight it. it's your word against his. How did he clock you? And if he didn't he must follow you for a few miles at your speed. I forgot what's called.

And call the pct, speak to the lieutenant or captain about his dumb ass rookie driving with the headlights off.. he will get his ass chewed.

I got pulled over 6 miles over, 56 in a 50 on a major NYC highway. I just got my TL-S at that time.. it looks fast, or they see a kid behind a nice car... time to bust his chops. Lucky me I know a lot of cops on the job, as I have their PBA cards.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Nismo TL yo!

Originally Posted by timmahh

The CHP [here in California] use visible enforcement; at a minimum their parking lights will be on if they're actively looking to get people.

But the good news is you can tell the judge that wasn't you because you don't drive an integra; someone with an integra must have stolen your license.

and insurance and registration and license plate..........hmmm good luck.

If you plead not guilty you should get it dropped.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by timmahh

Say what? Kidding right? Plate is there, license info is there..

He can only argue how dark it was, and how dangerous the stop was that the cop didn't even recognize the car. And in regards to license plate stolen.. yeah.. good one.. that's a perjury offense for a no points ticket.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:20 PM
2008 335i e92 6MT

do they have to have their lights on to pull you over while they are sitting there waiting to catch someone??
Old 04-24-2009, 12:23 PM
Intermediate

yeah I have a PBA card as well from a few states but obviously didnt matter to him. He didnt say how he clocked me but I have a V1 and it didnt even go off, I called a relative who is a swat state cop in a different state and he was going to call him and tell him to clear that BS ticket, it actually kinda freaked me out cause my back window is tinted and all I saw was the light bar go on right behind me with no headlights, it was hard to guage how far behind me he actually was, BTW it was a delaware state cop and the tickets have no place to fill out not guilty just a section for sending in payment with no phone number or anything if you want to fight the ticket.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Race Director

^ that sucks man.. how much is the ticket anyway? I don't think the points transfer from DE to PA. Not sure though.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:29 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yeah didn't quite think about the reg and license plate -_-

OKSOITWASABADATTEMPT:IFAIL:
Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Intermediate

yeah its a $60 ticket, the breakdown is the best part, the actual ticket is $20, but then add the other fees,
victim comp: $3.60
video phone fee: $1.00
DELJIS fund: $1.00
Trans Fee: $10.00
Court security: $10.00
Court Costs: $15.00
makes the total $60.60

my best guess is that he needed to meet a quota since many departments rely on tickets as revenue for departmently costs. and the model of the car being differnt doesnt matter what so ever as long as he got the plate number and my licence # correct, maybe ill go on ratemycop.com and ruin his rep! lol
Old 04-24-2009, 12:39 PM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
heh funny, i always see cops out on heavy patrol in PA towarding the end of the month.
like yesterday i thought there was alot of cops out since i normally see maybe 1 or 2 on the way to school, but yesterday i drove past 6 cops sitting and clocking people.
Old 04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Plead not Guilty

Defense: I was avoiding a car that was behind me with his lights off. I thought he was going to hit me. I was trying to get to the closest lighted area where I could pull over and let him pass. I figured it was just a drunk driver....
Old 04-24-2009, 01:25 PM
I drive a Subata.

Received 2,603 Likes on 1,571 Posts
what's the problem here?
Old 04-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Drifting

Anyone that gives out a ticket for anything less than 11 over is a fuckwad.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:37 PM
I now drive an accord....

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bl^5
Plead not Guilty

Defense: I was avoiding a car that was behind me with his lights off. I thought he was going to hit me. I was trying to get to the closest lighted area where I could pull over and let him pass. I figured it was just a drunk driver....

I was going to say just pay it but the points will transfer between states. Also don't try to use the defense that he wrote the wrong car down. I tried and it just makes you look stupid because the cop is working for the judge.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:49 PM
Another TL Lover

^ Im going to have to disagree with you sorry

but this happened to a buddy of mine, they wrote a different model of his car on the ticket and the judge dropped it when he brought it up in court, maybe the judge was just having a good day or what i don't know, but it worked, and let me tell you my buddy doesn't have the best driving record
Old 04-24-2009, 02:52 PM
My baby's ride...

I guess moving violation tickets is different from a parking ticket? An incorrect statement on a ticket is grounds for immediate dismissal. And I would go before the judge to use the defense of trying to avoid crazy, possibly drunk driver without headlights excuse.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Type-SuperFast
^ Im going to have to disagree with you sorry

but this happened to a buddy of mine, they wrote a different model of his car on the ticket and the judge dropped it when he brought it up in court, maybe the judge was just having a good day or what i don't know, but it worked, and let me tell you my buddy doesn't have the best driving record
You can disagree if you want, but the majority of judges don't care about mistakes like this on a ticket.
Old 04-24-2009, 02:56 PM
where is....

Originally Posted by spdy0001
You can disagree if you want, but the majority of judges don't care about mistakes like this on a ticket.
my dad got out of a ticket recently because the cop wrote the color car as green, but his is silver
Old 04-24-2009, 02:57 PM
Another TL Lover

^ I think it just depends on where your at, who's the judge, and if the judge is having a good day or not
Old 04-24-2009, 02:58 PM

in palmyra? He wouldn't have been that lucky in York or Mechanicsburg. I know from personal experince FML
Old 04-24-2009, 03:01 PM
where is....

Originally Posted by spdy0001
in palmyra? He wouldn't have been that lucky in York or Mechanicsburg. I know from personal experince FML
no, it was west chester pd.
Old 04-24-2009, 03:13 PM
I shave my change purse

Received 155 Likes on 87 Posts
Ummm

He most likely wrote the "Integra" part on purpose knowing it will get thrown out in court. Believe me they sometimes purposely do this.

He has to get a certain number of tickets written, but at the same time they will purposely make an obvious mistake so that you don't have to pay it.

Sounds wacky, but he cut you a break and you don't even know it.

The NYPD, NY Sanitation dept, etc etc Routinely do this and I know this becasue I have friends in both sanitation and NYPD who do this to cut breaks to people while at the same time meeting their "unofficial" quota.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:11 PM
Intermediate

honestly 99% of judges dont care if he put ferrari enzo and your actually driving an geo metro it all comes down to if he got the plate number and your personal info correct, and I didnt see him before he turned on the overhead lights because my back window is 5% tint, he actually scared the shit out of me escpecially since my V1 didnt go off, he said he got me on laser not sure how, online it says for a ticket 1-14 over no points are assesed but i still dont want a ticket on my record
Old 04-24-2009, 07:51 PM
where is....

Originally Posted by COEHSP
honestly 99% of judges dont care if he put ferrari enzo and your actually driving an geo metro it all comes down to if he got the plate number and your personal info correct, and I didnt see him before he turned on the overhead lights because my back window is 5% tint, he actually scared the shit out of me escpecially since my V1 didnt go off, he said he got me on laser not sure how, online it says for a ticket 1-14 over no points are assesed but i still dont want a ticket on my record
really? i know quite a few people who have had their tickets thrown out of court because of mistakes unless it was something really small like he wrote blue and your car is green.
Old 04-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Intermediate

I mean he got the acura part correct, my car is debadged so maybe he just didnt know his cars or something, either way from a few buddies in law enforcement told me it wouldnt matter in court amd that I should fight it anyways, since 5 over is going to get tossed anyway by the judge with my clean driving record.
Old 04-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 990 Likes on 532 Posts
Originally Posted by bl^5
Plead not Guilty

Plus you can add some PTSD to the mix, "Your honor, after being in Iraq for so long, a car sneaking up on me with its lights out was very dangerous".

Hell, the judge may even be a vet. I say go not guilty and fight it. I'm a vet, and pull the card whenever I can. Quite a few cops were and get it. Your judge may be one of them.
Old 04-25-2009, 07:09 AM
B A N N E D

The Judge will laugh at 5 miles over.....

plus.....if its not clocked you'll probably win it anyway
Old 04-25-2009, 09:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
OT- reply. OP- thanks for your service.

Old 04-25-2009, 10:26 AM
Intermediate

thanks! acutally my buddy in the car with me also a vet told me I should have told him i have a lead foot, literally I do, actually its a combo of titanium and carbon fiber, damn IED's in Iraq! good news my relative was able to have the officer clear the ticket with a little "pep talk" good news for me at least!
Old 04-25-2009, 11:19 PM
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I mean he got the acura part correct, my car is debadged so maybe he just didnt know his cars or something, either way from a few buddies in law enforcement told me it wouldnt matter in court amd that I should fight it anyways, since 5 over is going to get tossed anyway by the judge with my clean driving record.
Not sure about PA but in NY, they will throw a ticket out frequently if the information is incorrect, some cops do it purposely as a "freebie".
Old 04-26-2009, 04:42 AM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 990 Likes on 532 Posts
thanks! acutally my buddy in the car with me also a vet told me I should have told him i have a lead foot, literally I do, actually its a combo of titanium and carbon fiber, damn IED's in Iraq! good news my relative was able to have the officer clear the ticket with a little "pep talk" good news for me at least!
Good for you. I wonder, though, what type of "pep talk" the officer received. Was it from his Captain, saying, "You may not want to go through with this one", or was it a guy or two in a black Caddy that said, "We know where you and your family live".
Old 04-26-2009, 02:32 PM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didnt get clocked last time i got a ticket...the judge told me that the cop was "radar certified" meaning they have the ability to tell the speed of a car by sight within 5 mph...
Old 04-26-2009, 02:57 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by thevikas87
I didnt get clocked last time i got a ticket...the judge told me that the cop was "radar certified" meaning they have the ability to tell the speed of a car by sight within 5 mph...
lol
Old 04-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

getting something wrong like the color of said car is a pretty obvious error. mis-spelling a last name is not and neither is being 1 model year off....

if the guy writes down Acura TL and you drive a CL that is gonna get tossed.....
Old 04-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,313 Likes on 4,897 Posts
Originally Posted by thevikas87
I've heard that bullshit excuse so many times before. With the economy the way it is Im surprised there arent more bullshit tickets being written for funding.
Old 04-26-2009, 06:46 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't understand how a cop writting the wrong car make and model on the ticket isn't grounds for getting the ticket thrown out.

Think about it, if he wasn't sure which car you were driving, he could have reasonably pulled over the wrong car mistaking you for someone else.

Its a plausible defense I'd say, I mean the car make and model is written on the registration.

I don't follow the logic on him getting the license plate and your license number correct means that the cop pulled over the right person. Most cops don't even pay attention the license plate until they're right behind you. When they pull out their mindset is to pull over the "Color/Make/Model", not the License plate number XXX-XXX.
Old 04-26-2009, 09:37 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,313 Likes on 4,897 Posts
I agree, but the some courts dont.

On a side note, I love the license plates that are O000OO or I1111II

Im pretty sure it pisses the cops off.

Quick Reply: ticket for 45 in 40??