Suspension Installation in Philly Area

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2004, 11:53 AM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Suspension Installation in Philly Area

I've asked a similar question before, but wanted to see if there are any updates.

I'm going to swap out my rusty comptech springs/stock shocks for a new shock/spring combo and wanted to know if there are any recommendations for suspension installs in the Philadelphia area, preferably near the Main Line area.

I was going to call a few local places near me and then maybe AHMotor in Ivyland. I don't see a compelling reason to go to Ardmore Acura (my local dealer), nor do I feel like driving up and wasting a day at PAA, especially since Jens is gone.

Any thoughts on who can do this? Are there any known Honda/Acura tuning shops or private mechanics in this area?
Old 12-20-2004, 12:14 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Springs did you end up getting?

I'll need to swap mine out too.

I'm gonna wait 'til next spring though.

BTW - I don't know of any reputable places. I did my own shocks and springs.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:15 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
If you were closer I would help you out.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:28 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I'll probably go with the Tein, but I have not made the purchase yet.

I just looked some things up over the weekend and the spring rates that Tein list on their site are quite close to the rates listed on the tags from my Comptech set. Based on the available data, I'm thinking that the Tein drop will be the closest to the Comptech (original rusty) setup. I have a set of Koni Yellows sitting in my basement that'll be installed too.

Has anyone dealt with AHMotor for service? They seem to be the only Honda/Acura private mechanic in the region -- but that cannot be right -- there must be more.
Old 12-20-2004, 12:49 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Originally Posted by Slimey
I'll probably go with the Tein, but I have not made the purchase yet.

I just looked some things up over the weekend and the spring rates that Tein list on their site are quite close to the rates listed on the tags from my Comptech set. Based on the available data, I'm thinking that the Tein drop will be the closest to the Comptech (original rusty) setup. I have a set of Koni Yellows sitting in my basement that'll be installed too.

Has anyone dealt with AHMotor for service? They seem to be the only Honda/Acura private mechanic in the region -- but that cannot be right -- there must be more.

AHMotor are good people. I've gone to them for a few things. Not exactly the best deal in terms of money but they are competitive. The head guy owns a CLS as well. If i can't make it up to PAA for work i take it to them.
Old 12-20-2004, 05:53 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally Posted by Zapata
AHMotor are good people. I've gone to them for a few things. Not exactly the best deal in terms of money but they are competitive. The head guy owns a CLS as well. If i can't make it up to PAA for work i take it to them.
FWIW, AHMotor just quoted me ~$300 and change for the entire job minus the alignment (extra ~$70). Seems reasonable. I'll check a couple other places, but would probably favor them if the prices are close as they are a real Honda/Acura shop.
Old 12-20-2004, 06:52 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where is this AHMotor that you people speak of?
Old 12-20-2004, 08:06 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Originally Posted by Red-CL
Where is this AHMotor that you people speak of?
They used to be in Horsham, but now they're somewhere called Ivyland, PA, which looks to be not very far from the Horsham/Willow Grove area.

http://www.ahmotor.com/