Scariest moments

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by seld
Man but that was scary and funny, we did laugh all thru the weekend, on the way back I asked him to keep an eye for any Fucking VEALs walking around i got few more, Ill post them later getting kind of late.
That is the funniest shyt ever....
Old 10-16-2008, 06:52 PM
Drifting

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by iTimmy
Every car club I've been a member of always turns to this, which is why I just stopped going to meets.
Yea, of the 3 out of 4 AZ meets I've been on it it involved going over a 100 on the freeway (or really fast on a mountain road). I don't really like to do the carvans anymore and definitely not any cruises, it usually ends up getting too fast for me.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 PM
I got the Shifts

Received 230 Likes on 163 Posts
following my buddy through a turn i had never been through. i was on stock tires and not my usual grippy 18's so my rear end slid out, i corrected and ended up slding the opposite direction, corrected againd and ended up sliding through someones front lawn and knocking over a bush. REAL scary to me, i had slid before but i have never be unable to regain control of the car
Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 PM
I got the Shifts

racing a 3.5 altima in my car and i just happen to pass my bud who JUST bought his 94 civic and he tries to catch up with us...we see a light turning yellow right after a sharp turn that i always take fast so im used to it.

me and the altima slow to a stop and i see my buddy in my rear view start to get sideways and im thinkin "dont hit the brakes"..he hits the brakes..
his car gets completely sidways and he starts spinning and spinning and spinning all while getting closer the back of my car, he finally stops spinning but he is still sliding and heading for the median and oncoming traffic

the light is green but all the drivers are stopped and watching him hoping he doesnt go over the median and he stops about 2 inches from the median. that was some scary shit for me
Old 10-16-2008, 09:47 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
Nothing while speeding. Driving down to LA, in the fast lane. Some asshole in a silver Durango cuts me off because they didn't want to slow down for the semi. I brake to avoid hitting it. I'm in my buddy's 1994 Camry - start spinning down the interstate. Thanksfully it was 6am and not a lot of traffic, otherwise I'm convinced we would have been nailed by another car. Everything was cool when I corrected it. Asshole didn't stop.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got a QX56 sideways around an on-ramp
Old 10-16-2008, 11:44 PM
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I was riding with a buddy of mine, following another friend (terrible driver), going about 80 (55 zone) on I-70 through Indianapolis on the way to the HIN show there a couple years ago. We were in the far left lane of 4 when we realized we were at our exit. The front car just whips to the right and makes the exit. The guy I'm riding with doesn't even look, just rips the wheel to the right. We crossed 4 lanes of traffic and came about 2 ft from hitting the concrete barrier that cut off the exit, and into the right exit lane (of 2 exiting lanes). When we got to the light at the bottom of the exit ramp, there was a cop coming from right to left in front of us with his green light... Scary as shit almost hitting the concrete barrier, then seeing the cop after that stupid driving scared the shit out of all of us...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:42 PM
CL in lawnmower status

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
so coming home from work around 6pm last winter and it was around -30C(-22F), i was traveling down a three lane road. i was in the left lane accelerating from an intersection, got up to about 45mph or so as i hit a huge bump in the road(a bump which was followed by a big pothole) so as my rear wheels caught air they started spinning faster and when they finally hit the ground it sent me into a slide, so i countersteered and the back end kicked out the other way, and again, by the next time i tried to countersteer the car had got a lot momentum and proceeded to slide me around 315 degrees, so i could see the oncoming cars and the curb in the right hand lane approaching me, at that point i tried everything i could think of, normal brakes, e-brake but nothing changed at all. so i just watched out my driver's side window at the curb i was going to hit (and it was a corner of a curb for an entrance to a shop). the front driver's side wheel hit the corner curb and spun my car untill i was 180 degrees the other way. All i could think of while this was happening was that it was a bad dream and i was gonna wake up right before i crashed, but no such luck. ended up hitting my head on the pillar between the front and back doors, but other than that was unharmed. the worst part was that no one stopped right away as the part of my car facing oncoming traffic had little damage on it so no one could tell why i couldn't drive it away. But an older guy did stop a couple minutes later and let me sit in his truck untill my brother came to pick me up.

it may not look like a lot of damage but it was a total loss at a repair cost of $11500
and yes it is a catera just like a previous poster had, except mine was a 2000
Old 10-26-2008, 08:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
2 of them to date.

Was heading to my son's daycare. It was icy. I was doing about 25-30 when I got to the off ramp. Spun my Pathfinder. Luckily, I wasn't going fast, and no one was hurt, and my son was not in the car. It was unexpected.

Second was when some asshat in a Navigator wanted to beat me to a turn and he started driving in the parking lane. He almost flipped my Maxima as hard as he hit it. And it was right at my door.
Old 10-26-2008, 09:30 AM
where is....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hmm....

i just got back from work one night so i took a pretty long maybe 2-3hr nap, then i get a phone call from my bro and some girls to go out and watch a movie. so i took the cl out and they were kinda up a twisty hill so i was hauling ass up the hill and it was incredibly fun.

so i got there and picked them up and well, from there it was all down hill so i decided to smash the gas down hill. i was taking the inside lines and turning the car pretty hard and everyone was having a good laugh, until i went next to a quarry which had rocks EVERYWHERE and i caught alot of loose gravel with the back end and spun out almost 3 times at like 65mph and it was heading straight for a tree.

luckly it flew in the grass and stopped before i reached the tree.
i ended up snapping an axle, and messing up my wheel/ brand new tire

lesson learned: if im going to drive like an ass, i should do it by myself.

Last edited by AznX TL; 10-26-2008 at 09:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2008, 12:27 PM
I got the Shifts

^^hell yea. i would not want this on my concience
Old 10-26-2008, 09:59 PM
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^ Normally all my stupid driving is done with only myself in the car or me as the passenger in my buddys TL

And actually one of the more "interesting" moments spent in a car were with my buddy last winter with him probably hitting around 60mph on the icy sidestreets going back to his place...only time I've ever grabbed the "oh shit" handle with him driving me around : /
Old 10-27-2008, 12:30 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by AznX TL
hmm....

i just got back from work one night so i took a pretty long maybe 2-3hr nap, then i get a phone call from my bro and some girls to go out and watch a movie. so i took the cl out and they were kinda up a twisty hill so i was hauling ass up the hill and it was incredibly fun.

so i got there and picked them up and well, from there it was all down hill so i decided to smash the gas down hill. i was taking the inside lines and turning the car pretty hard and everyone was having a good laugh, until i went next to a quarry which had rocks EVERYWHERE and i caught alot of loose gravel with the back end and spun out almost 3 times at like 65mph and it was heading straight for a tree.

luckly it flew in the grass and stopped before i reached the tree.
i ended up snapping an axle, and messing up my wheel/ brand new tire

lesson learned: if im going to drive like an ass, i should do it by myself.
Holy shit, thats the worst though, when you get into a skid with gravel you can't really control it. Same way I wrecked my Integra even though I was going a lot slower, in the mountain twisties....... its almost inevitable unless you see it from far away which is unlikely