Road Rage....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 12:44 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mystikk
I love how CarTalk has been one big e-Battle Royal the past few days.
hah its always like this. cartalk is one of the most 'clicky' and hierarchy based websites out there. i have never experienced the type of internet bickery and arguing that i have here. most of it comes from people like sarlacc and a few moderators, and then you have another couple dozen people who just bandwagon ride and throw a few hateful comments in to fit in.

you just gotta ignore it. we are all car enthusiasts with thirst for information. some of us are younger, more naive, dumb, etc, but these old farts seem to forget that. anybody under 21 with things to say outside the norm are automatically singled out and harassed on here.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:49 AM
The Third Ball

Received 5,004 Likes on 2,661 Posts
Originally Posted by Trojanman750
damn looks like sarlacc still has no life, still dropping grammatical lessons to young teenagers on acurazine after berating them.
You got anything better to do in a hotel room?

Its amazing how much of a life I don't have. I managed to be one of the only people I know in my field that managed to work consistently during an industry wide strike. That in the past 24 hours I have driven over 300 miles to work on a commercial, which involved a lot of offroading. Or that I have been modifying and upgrading my fiancee's new condo, and planning a wedding.

Yeah, no life at all from me.

I'm sure you do as much with your life.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:51 AM
The Third Ball

hah its always like this. cartalk is one of the most 'clicky' and hierarchy based websites out there. i have never experienced the type of internet bickery and arguing that i have here. most of it comes from people like sarlacc and a few moderators, and then you have another couple dozen people who just bandwagon ride and throw a few hateful comments in to fit in.

you just gotta ignore it. we are all car enthusiasts with thirst for information. some of us are younger, more naive, dumb, etc, but these old farts seem to forget that. anybody under 21 with things to say outside the norm are automatically singled out and harassed on here.
There are plenty of younger members who are worth having around and make for good conversation.

Hell, I don't even remember who you are. Far as I know, you're some loud mouth coming out here talking out of your ass. Or some banned member coming back to bitch.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Pro

im not questioning what you do with your career or family, we all deal with those. what i dont understand is having most of your posting related to newb bashing and shit talking. i never have the urge to grammatically correct some youngster over the internet, your not the only one who does this, i see it on forums everywhere, its the same kind of people.

people who like to smell their own farts and call the police on kids with baggy pants.

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts

This has made to be a great thread actually, and its still on topic! road rage!
Safety Car

Received 487 Likes on 249 Posts
I used to have some bad road rage, but I solved it by leaving 15 minutes earlier.

Now that I have no rush anywhere I'm going, I'm pretty relaxed.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:54 AM
Pro

why cant all you guys go join some hiphop rap forum and get your licks in over there, so when you come to car talk its all chill business and chit chat.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:55 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
^^rap forums have some HARDCORE e-thugs. I'm too scared to go over there.

Oh and wasn't it Komodo who was correcting peoples grammar/spelling in the first place?
Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by wackjum
I used to have some bad road rage, but I solved it by leaving 15 minutes earlier.

Now that I have no rush anywhere I'm going, I'm pretty relaxed.

i do this everyday, my commute is only 15-20 minutes each way but i always give myself at least 30.

then i put on the classical music station, light a camel, and just cruise through the back roads instead of sticking to main streets.

it also helps that i dont drive a manual anymore. Automatic transmission really keep my driving behavior more relaxed.
Old 02-28-2008, 01:03 AM
The Third Ball

im not questioning what you do with your career or family, we all deal with those. what i dont understand is having most of your posting related to newb bashing and shit talking. i never have the urge to grammatically correct some youngster over the internet, your not the only one who does this, i see it on forums everywhere, its the same kind of people.

people who like to smell their own farts and call the police on kids with baggy pants.

Perhaps you should read more then the current page of posts. Its the kid who decided to throw the grammar flag, not I. Its called throwing stones in a glass house.

And most of my posting isn't newb bashing or shit talking, but I wont deny doing it often. If you're a dumbass, you're going to get called on it. boo hoo if you can't handle it on an internet forum.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:04 AM
Pro

ok ok lets not let this get out of hand. i just find internet shit bashing funny because 99% of this shit wont be said face to face. dumbasses do deserve to be checked, like that guy bragging about going 170, i dont see you in there?
Old 02-28-2008, 02:31 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
^^rap forums have some HARDCORE e-thugs. I'm too scared to go over there.

Oh and wasn't it Komodo who was correcting peoples grammar/spelling in the first place?
I actually didn't correct anyone first. I just asked for whats his name to atleast use some proper spelling when talking shit to me.
I think it just looks bad when the victim is being attacked by someone over the internet while the victim is using a better sense of grammar---despite the fact if he's ignorant or not.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:35 AM
Rev High; Drive Happy

Received 398 Likes on 332 Posts
ok ok lets not let this get out of hand. i just find internet shit bashing funny because 99% of this shit wont be said face to face. dumbasses do deserve to be checked, like that guy bragging about going 170, i dont see you in there?
I'm sure that percentage is probably a little exagerated, but that is true. Most of the shit-talking that happens most likely will not end up being said face to face.
If you can't say it in person why even bother saying it over the internet?
I get that funny feeling that those who attacked me most likely won't say shit in person. And thats not just because I got off on bad terms with them. Usually the ones not saying shit are the ones more likely to say shit in person.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:16 AM
The Third Ball

Originally Posted by o4Komodo
I actually didn't correct anyone first. I just asked for whats his name to atleast use some proper spelling when talking shit to me.
I think it just looks bad when the victim is being attacked by someone over the internet while the victim is using a better sense of grammar---despite the fact if he's ignorant or not.

When I think it was pretty much proven I didnt misspell a thing. And then you went on to say grammar, too. Then, all your subsequent posts have been far from grade A writing material.

Like I said, don't throw stones in glass houses.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:18 AM
The Third Ball

I havent been in there because I dont really know which thread it is, therefore I must not have cared. I dont hunt for people, if they show up in a thread I am checking out, they are fair game.

Who knows who would say what in person. I'll just say I'm not shy by any means
Old 02-28-2008, 09:37 AM
failhard.

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
teh garmmer can0tz be corekted face2faec.

Seriously, constant misspelling and shitty grammar from a person basically tells me they're an uneducated son of a bitch in English composition, whether they're nice to me or not. You're not 8 years old trying to learn how to spell things right in cursive, I assume you went to school and had some sort of English class, now use what you learned. Fuck you fools who tell me to not care about that sort of thing.