Raced a S2000 and M3

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2001 | 06:24 AM
Instructor

Raced a S2000 and M3

Guys, you have to get the AEM CAI. Makes a world of a difference. Friday night, I had a go at it with a s2000 w/ comptech filter and 18" volk rims and a M3 w/intake, short shifter and software upgrade. Sorry to say that I did not beat any of them, save the time the s2000 missed a shift. But I can honestly say that no one walked away from me. I'm stock except for intake. The most I lost by was two car lengths, when I had slow reaction times off the launch. My fault. We had some pretty good runs. Below is a link to the topic on the is300 board. I'm pretty sure that if I had better tires I could have done some damage whenever they missed a shift or was not on top of their game. It's there for the taking when they are not near perfect. I acutally could pull on them wherever I was in vtec range. Last weekend I had some runs with a Z3 with the 3.0 engine, but with an automatic. Off the line was no doubt at all. Rolling start was kinda hairy, but I could definitely pull on him. Fortunately never had to shift into fourth cause we never had to get up that fast. A sad side note is that I got a ticket when I wasn't racing... 68???? in a 35. I think it's cause of the head lights cause there were some people ahead of me who were racing. He also gave me a warning for not having front plates. Said that I couldn't see any place to put them on. According to him by not having a front plate, I've narrowed my chanes of having my car recovered by 50% because I don't have a front plate. Moron. Tonight, I had some fun with a rx-7 with an exhaust. He wanted to race but we never really had the opportunity. We had one runat the light but I'm sure he wasn't expecting me to run or else underestimated me cause I had him good. I think that I really surprised himwith how much power I had. That's all.

http://www.is300.net/forum_new/Forum.../006407-2.html
Old 03-11-2001 | 08:16 AM
Instructor

You could pull on the Z3 3.0??? I thought the 0-60 mph time for the Z3 3.0 auto is 6 seconds flat.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by buddha:
Guys, you have to get the AEM CAI. Makes a world of a difference. Friday night, I had a go at it with a s2000 w/ comptech filter and 18" volk rims and a M3 w/intake, short shifter and software upgrade. Sorry to say that I did not beat any of them, save the time the s2000 missed a shift. But I can honestly say that no one walked away from me. I'm stock except for intake. The most I lost by was two car lengths, when I had slow reaction times off the launch. My fault. We had some pretty good runs. Below is a link to the topic on the is300 board. I'm pretty sure that if I had better tires I could have done some damage whenever they missed a shift or was not on top of their game. It's there for the taking when they are not near perfect. I acutally could pull on them wherever I was in vtec range. Last weekend I had some runs with a Z3 with the 3.0 engine, but with an automatic. Off the line was no doubt at all. Rolling start was kinda hairy, but I could definitely pull on him. Fortunately never had to shift into fourth cause we never had to get up that fast. A sad side note is that I got a ticket when I wasn't racing... 68???? in a 35. I think it's cause of the head lights cause there were some people ahead of me who were racing. He also gave me a warning for not having front plates. Said that I couldn't see any place to put them on. According to him by not having a front plate, I've narrowed my chanes of having my car recovered by 50% because I don't have a front plate. Moron. Tonight, I had some fun with a rx-7 with an exhaust. He wanted to race but we never really had the opportunity. We had one runat the light but I'm sure he wasn't expecting me to run or else underestimated me cause I had him good. I think that I really surprised himwith how much power I had. That's all.

</font>
Old 03-11-2001 | 05:19 PM
Instructor

yeah, i was kinda surprised too. after a while i could tell the guy didn't want to do anymore standing start. mostly he wanted to show off the car's handling by weaving in and out of traffic. but i didn't want to do any of that. my runs with m3 and s2000 happened where there was no one around, no side streets, and about 1 in the morning. Just having some fun.
Old 03-11-2001 | 06:47 PM
Drifting

</font>
You live in houston right?

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Comptech Springs
Apexi V-AFC
AEM CAI
Old 03-11-2001 | 10:36 PM
Instructor

Maybe the guy got a 2.5 and put a 3.0 tag on it Cause CL-S can definitely pull on a Z3 2.5 auto.

yeah, i was kinda surprised too. after a while i could tell the guy didn't want to do anymore standing start. mostly he wanted to show off the car's handling by weaving in and out of traffic. but i didn't want to do any of that. my runs with m3 and s2000 happened where there was no one around, no side streets, and about 1 in the morning. Just having some fun.</font>
Old 03-11-2001 | 10:37 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by WebToker:
You live in houston right?

</font>
yeah, out in west university
Old 03-11-2001 | 10:55 PM
Drifting

yeah, out in west university</font>
What color is your cl?

------------------