Omg G35!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 02:53 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Omg G35!

I know this has been hashed before but sorry Im just in utter shock!
Shock being I actually saw the interior of a G35, all I can say in my disbelief that the 04 TL's interior without a blink utterly BLOWS the living daylights off the G35 interior. I mean I was expecting a entry luxury interior not a Chevy.

no flames I do like the g35 coupe (not the sedan), but all I can say is WOW!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 02:56 PM
Instructor

Yes. A car that can be a few bucks more expensive than a comparably-equipped TL, and the interior looks like a Nissan Altima. Infiniti had promised a new interior for '05, but the restyle hasn't done a thing about the Nissan-like atmosphere.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:06 PM
Photoshop Guru

Each his own, I owned a G35 for a year or so.. I liked the interior, but it had a number of rattles that drove me wild... I love the Acura interior, the new RL interior is very nice too.. Acura has interiors down pat!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:43 PM
Racer

Not only the interior is ugly, the sedan is a ugly car all around. Even the exterior looks like shi!t. The TL blows the G35 outta this world in all aspects!!!!
Old 09-02-2004, 03:45 PM
Banned

okay not another one. shit.
Old 09-02-2004, 03:47 PM
1337 H4x0r

Hey, I was I suprised too when I was shopping for a low 30k 'family sedan'. I expected more from such a otherwise overall wonderful car as the G35 coupe/sedan.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:00 PM
Pro

If you want a super interior, check out the ES330. Lexus has ergonomics down pat.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:00 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
alert alert alert alert
Old 09-02-2004, 04:01 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
why 2morrow, do it right now
Old 09-02-2004, 05:41 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Right.

Move to Cars & Bikes now.
Old 09-02-2004, 07:06 PM
Intermediate

I currently own a 2004 G35 sedan (wife's car) and a 2004 TL.
Both cars are about the best you can buy for performance, price (around 35,000) and reliability.
I personally like the TL over the G35.
The TL’s interior is much better especially the seats and it has many more features.
I do like the RWD and the torque of the VQ35 engine though.
I was considering the 2005 G35 WITH 277 HP and 270ft/lbs torque, but I fell in love with the TL after the test drive and bought it on the spot.
One addition note the G35 is still made in Japan, which I think, makes for slightly better build quality.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:20 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by E!ntertainment
I know this has been hashed before but sorry Im just in utter shock!
Shock being I actually saw the interior of a G35, all I can say in my disbelief that the 04 TL's interior without a blink utterly BLOWS the living daylights off the G35 interior. I mean I was expecting a entry luxury interior not a Chevy.

no flames I do like the g35 coupe (not the sedan), but all I can say is WOW!!!
It may not be as good as the TL, but it does have things beter that the TL doesn't.

Like better interior build quality. Better seams, fitment, and leather. I rather have better build over looks anyday.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DopeTL04
Not only the interior is ugly, the sedan is a ugly car all around. Even the exterior looks like shi!t. The TL blows the G35 outta this world in all aspects!!!!
U will never grow up will ya.
Old 09-03-2004, 12:21 PM
Banned

Oh yea, since it seems you guys keep bringing up the G35 time and time again, seems jealousy owns you. Buyers remorse eh?
Old 09-03-2004, 12:27 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by TL_6SPD
It may not be as good as the TL, but it does have things beter that the TL doesn't... ...

I agree this, which is to the point. Some ppl love TL, some other ppl love G. I'm glad to know both cars are selling well.
Old 09-03-2004, 01:09 PM
Racer

U will never grow up will ya.

Only thing that needs to grow up is the style of the G35!! Infinity step up your game please!!
Old 09-03-2004, 05:49 PM
Semper Fi

Oh yea, since it seems you guys keep bringing up the G35 time and time again, seems jealousy owns you. Buyers remorse eh?

You are entitled to have your opinion, but when you make ignorant comments that hold no merit, you show your true intelligence. Correct me if I am wrong you don’t even on a 04+TL? Let’s think about this logically a gentleman that does not own a TL posting on a TL site, accusing TL owners of buyer’s remorse.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ali_enterprises
You are entitled to have your opinion, but when you make ignorant comments that hold no merit, you show your true intelligence. Correct me if I am wrong you don’t even on a 04+TL? Let’s think about this logically a gentleman that does not own a TL posting on a TL site, accusing TL owners of buyer’s remorse.
Look in the mirror. It seems you guys are always the ones saying it to us. But then you guys are always the ones bringing up the G35. LOL Just pointing out the obvious.

Trust me, my TL was ordered, and arrived, but I never got it and got my deposit back.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:11 PM
Semper Fi

Look in the mirror. It seems you guys are always the ones saying it to us. But then you guys are always the ones bringing up the G35. LOL Just pointing out the obvious.

Trust me, my TL was ordered, and arrived, but I never got it and got my deposit back.
We are comparing cars on this forum, and guess what this is a TL forum that means that most of the post will be bias. If you cannot handle the bias responses maybe you should stick to the G35 forum. "Look in the mirror"- You know the defensive stance you take everytime the G35 is mentioned, this could also mean, that you may have buyers remorse.

P.S.- I am a former G35 Coupe owner (sold it because of Brembo noise problem)and I have owned both at the same time, the G35 has its own pros and cons, just as the TL . Once again this is a TL forum, so take a guess which one will be brought up on this forum?
Old 09-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Intermediate

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience!"
as TL 6SPD has proven oh so graciously. WTF, thanks for your advise, you have so much experience with the 04+TL being a non owner and all.
Old 09-04-2004, 07:14 PM
Banned

"Never argue with an idiot. He'll bring you down to his level, then beat you with experience!"
as TL 6SPD has proven oh so graciously. WTF, thanks for your advise, you have so much experience with the 04+TL being a non owner and all.

Yawn, go away noob.
Old 09-04-2004, 10:32 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yea, this is freakin ridiculous
most of us on the forum are mature and can have a decent discussion about a car(s)

some of the people, however, such as Entertainment and Dope, simply make biased/unfair/immature/all around stupid comments based on the fact that they don't like something

well, grow up boys, cause making comments such as "The TL blows the G35 outta this world in all aspects!!!!".....that are baseless and have no merit whatsoever, is pointless and stupid...why even bother??

if you wanna have a MATURE discussion based on facts and legitimate comparisons - it has been done before - but by all means go ahead

and really, it does seem like you guys bring up the G ALL THE FREAKIN TIME on here....i'm not sure if they do the opposite on the G forums, but i don't see the purpose in blatantly putting down other cars

lighten up
Old 09-04-2004, 11:47 PM
Resident Troll.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i saw a few pics of the 2005 g35... and i didnt think it looked all that great... infiniti has a LONG way to go i think...maybe they should start trolling these boards to see what they are doing wrong...
Old 09-05-2004, 08:36 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by uncsuperman
some of the people, however, such as Entertainment simply make biased/unfair/immature/all around stupid comments based on the fact that they don't like something
of course its bias its MY opinion.. wtf. Also what part of "I do like the G35 Coupe" did you miss?
not a noob also, changed my name a few times, different ips over the year.

Chill HOMEY.
Old 09-05-2004, 09:32 AM
Banned

The TL is rarely mentioned on any G35 forum. I would say maybe once every few months, but the threads die so quick because no one is really interested.

yea, this is freakin ridiculous
most of us on the forum are mature and can have a decent discussion about a car(s)

some of the people, however, such as Entertainment and Dope, simply make biased/unfair/immature/all around stupid comments based on the fact that they don't like something

well, grow up boys, cause making comments such as "The TL blows the G35 outta this world in all aspects!!!!".....that are baseless and have no merit whatsoever, is pointless and stupid...why even bother??

if you wanna have a MATURE discussion based on facts and legitimate comparisons - it has been done before - but by all means go ahead

and really, it does seem like you guys bring up the G ALL THE FREAKIN TIME on here....i'm not sure if they do the opposite on the G forums, but i don't see the purpose in blatantly putting down other cars

lighten up
Old 09-05-2004, 09:34 AM
Banned

of course its bias its MY opinion.. wtf. Also what part of "I do like the G35 Coupe" did you miss?
not a noob also, changed my name a few times, different ips over the year.

Chill HOMEY.
No, like he said, it maybe your opinion, but you are wrong in what you say as well. You are heavily biased like Dope. Try to have a mature conversation.

ndawood, Infiniti is still ahead of Acura, so I would say they are doing pretty damn well. Especially when a few of there cars are the top 10.
Old 09-05-2004, 10:46 AM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
entertainment, i was mainly referring to Dope and his retarded fanboy comment about how the TL blows the G out of this world IN ALL RESPECTS.....what a stupid and ignorant comment

the G's motor has been named one of the 10 best motors in the world for several years in a row by Ward's....i'd say that qualifies it as being better than the TL motor
the G has RWD, which we all know is better performance-wise

perhaps you don't like the way it looks, or it's interior, well, looks are subjective, difficult to calculate and compare.....i think jennifer garner is the most beautiful woman on the planet....many of you would disagree, that's the nature of subjectivity

in any case, i'm a TL owner, i love my car, but i know damn well that the G is a great car in its own respect.....so quit the fanboy comments that make you sound like you're in middle school, it's annoying and immature

oh, and yea, i'd take a Q over the current RL any day
i'd take a FX over a MDX any day
i still haven't decided on G/TL
and when the new M and RL come out, that's a tough call as well

so again, we have another lame comment about how acura is just all around "better" than infiniti
uh, based on what exactly?
Old 09-05-2004, 12:47 PM
Banned

I completely agree. And actually Wards has rated that VQ engine top ten best for almost 10 years! Since 1995. So I would have to say, thats damn good. And the Interior of the G35 is straight forward, easy to use. I like that. Personally the TL interior is confusing, with all the little gadgets and buttons. I like to drive, not play. And after 16k of miles on my G35, my interior hasn't shown a sign of age anywhere. But my friends TL with 8k of miles, has shown alot of age already from that Alum trim, to the seats.

entertainment, i was mainly referring to Dope and his retarded fanboy comment about how the TL blows the G out of this world IN ALL RESPECTS.....what a stupid and ignorant comment

the G's motor has been named one of the 10 best motors in the world for several years in a row by Ward's....i'd say that qualifies it as being better than the TL motor
the G has RWD, which we all know is better performance-wise

perhaps you don't like the way it looks, or it's interior, well, looks are subjective, difficult to calculate and compare.....i think jennifer garner is the most beautiful woman on the planet....many of you would disagree, that's the nature of subjectivity

in any case, i'm a TL owner, i love my car, but i know damn well that the G is a great car in its own respect.....so quit the fanboy comments that make you sound like you're in middle school, it's annoying and immature

oh, and yea, i'd take a Q over the current RL any day
i'd take a FX over a MDX any day
i still haven't decided on G/TL
and when the new M and RL come out, that's a tough call as well

so again, we have another lame comment about how acura is just all around "better" than infiniti
uh, based on what exactly?