Omg, Audi A4 1.8t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 11:48 AM
Masshole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: hermants, finally I see someone reasonable here

Originally posted by Car_addict
.. When comparing PERFORMANCE, you have to compare class to class (v-6 to v-6). That said:

Ive seen 400 + Horsepower a4's running 11 second quarter miles, and looking good while doing it."

"dont compare the B6 A4 to a CL-S.

cause the A4 wins in every category, except for speed.

the cls has a pontiac interior when compared to the interior quality of the A4

imho, A4 interior looks better

A4 definetly will outhandle ANY cls

assembled in Germany

btw, Quattro, is not a small advantage by any means.

My car sticks to the road in turns, twists, whatever LIKE GLUE..
And winter driving is amazing.

and like Jens said, A4 is selling like hotcakes...while the CL, is a failure.

after owning my A4 for only 6 months, i would NEVER go back to Acura. For now...Only bmw and audi really offers what I consider to be a well made vehicle, with the goodies i enjoy."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this is just your fellow CLS drivers response..

Don't even start with the suspension, Acura is CHEAP, the A4 has a fully independent 4-point double wishbone suspension, does the CLS, nope. The CLS is WAAY to heavy and too long to excell in handling, and heavy like a mo-fo too.

lets talk class for class... how does the CLS compare to OTHER
sport coupes.. HMMMM... LAST PLACE sound good?
Just because one member on a board hates a car doesn't mean we all do. Take it easy man.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:53 AM
Suzuka Master

I'm having a difficult time deciphering this gibberish. But I believe you are saying that the real comparison should be made with the A4 3.0 and there are 400 HP A4 3.0's out there??

Are you also trying to say that the A4 3.0 can only be had with a 6-Speed transmission?? What relevance, albeit incorrect, does that have??

Comparing braking (which is hardly better in either), and in the ice/snow but yet you are in Florida??
Old 09-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 703 Likes on 545 Posts
A4 3.0 v6 will be more expensive then CLS if it has all the good options. Ofcourse its better than CLS.
I thought someone claimed that even A4 v4 is better than CLS, this is not true.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:56 AM
Masshole

It all depends on what your definition of "better" is.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:06 PM
10th Gear

400HP..

actually the 1.8T is a beast once modded. A T-28 system (k04 turbos + software +extras) will bring you up to the 300HP range.
Can the comptech's "weak and underpowered" supercharger get you this for $5,000... hell no, cause it's a CL-S. Also, I don't hear anyone talking about thee TRANSMISSION, I mean it's only the 2nd most important mechanical system in your car, but hey, lets forget it cause Acura makes a HORRIBLE tranny.

it's funny, a chipped 1.8T hits in the same quarter mile range as a Acura CL-S. Yet ones a sports sedan, the other is a V-6 coupe. You would think a 260 HP coupe could be substantially quicker on the quarter mile, with 60 EXTRA HP!!

After this year, the CLS is gunna be OLD, it will look nastier and nastier the more it's excluded from the market. It appears that the Solaro is outselling the CLS, ouch.

-keep this in mind, the A4 was never meant to be a fast car, the CL-S was, that's pathetic considering the V-6 is basically just as quick, with an engine 0.2L smaller.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:15 PM
still a Masshole

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Funny, I didn't know about 3.0 A4s running in the 11s??? I know of a few A4s 1.8ts running in the 13s with fewer in the 12s and a handful in the 11s.

Oh and the TLS, compared to the A4 does not do too badly in the sales category. Oh and the a4 stock, whatever trim, is not as close as the numbers you stated in the quarter or 0-60.

Quite honestly a Bone Stock A4 does not look like anything special exterior-wise and is rather boring. Of course when you tastefully mod the car it can look good but you can do the same with a TLS/CLS. I'll take a CLS/TLS over a stock looking A4 any day.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:21 PM
10th Gear

you guys gotta read up on the '03 models..

"Oh and the a4 stock, whatever trim, is not as close as the numbers you stated in the quarter or 0-60."

An A4 Quattro with the six-speed manual can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 6.9 seconds and can turn the standing quarter-mile in 15.2 seconds. That's comparable to a BMW 330i. The A4 is quick, the fastest A4 yet. Rarely will you fall into the passive mode at the wheel. More often than not you'll want to stretch it.

http://www.nctd.com/review-drive.cfm?ReviewID=1308

If you follow Audi, you will notice how their vehicle perfomance INCREASES yearly. This is a 2003 review
Old 09-23-2003, 12:24 PM
still a Masshole

Re: 400HP..

-keep this in mind, the A4 was never meant to be a fast car, the CL-S was, that's pathetic considering the V-6 is basically just as quick, with an engine 0.2L smaller.
Neither was the CLS. It was designed as a sporty entry lux coupe.

actually the 1.8T is a beast once modded. A T-28 system (k04 turbos + software +extras) will bring you up to the 300HP range.
Can the comptech's "weak and underpowered" supercharger get you this for $5,000... hell no, cause it's a CL-S.
Weren't you talking about the slow ass 3.0? Now we are back to a heavily modded 1.8T using 104 octane racing fuel? A T-28 on regular 93 octane will get you to 300 at the crank. Also, we are talking about a 5-speed because I don't know of too many auto A4s running a t-28 or anything. A CLS6 with the CT SC is putting close to 300 to the wheels.

it's funny, a chipped 1.8T hits in the same quarter mile range as a Acura CL-S. Yet ones a sports sedan, the other is a V-6 coupe. You would think a 260 HP coupe could be substantially quicker on the quarter mile, with 60 EXTRA HP!!
Actually most are still slower than a CLS or TLS. I think I remember one chipped A4 getting a better time than me at an Audi meet, with a few with me in the low 15s, and the majority were in the mid to high 15s. The one had a more aggressive setting and I believe was an x-chip or something.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:27 PM
Drifting

Ok now Car Addict needs a donkey punch for being a troll

If you offered me an A4 3.0 quattro and a CLS at the same price, I'd take the A4. But then again, if you offered me an AMG C32 at the same price, I'd take that over both. So you see, cost DOES MATTER.

Audi, because of the way that AOA reimburses dealers for all scheduled maintenance and warranty work, is VERY unfriendly to mods. On the other hand, I bought all my comptech parts for the TLS at an Acura dealer. What does that tell you?

I'm not going to "anti-troll" posture for you. Both are great cars but really speaking the CLS has no Audi counterpart and the TLS is better compared to the A6 in terms of size and A4 1.8T in terms of price. Take your pic, but the TLS is better value than an A6 and a different speed/handling tradeoff than the 1.8T.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:29 PM
still a Masshole

Re: you guys gotta read up on the '03 models..

"Oh and the a4 stock, whatever trim, is not as close as the numbers you stated in the quarter or 0-60."

An A4 Quattro with the six-speed manual can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in 6.9 seconds and can turn the standing quarter-mile in 15.2 seconds. That's comparable to a BMW 330i. The A4 is quick, the fastest A4 yet. Rarely will you fall into the passive mode at the wheel. More often than not you'll want to stretch it.

http://www.nctd.com/review-drive.cfm?ReviewID=1308

If you follow Audi, you will notice how their vehicle perfomance INCREASES yearly. This is a 2003 review
I do follow audi passively and 6.9 to 60 in a six speed is decent but a CLS can do 0-60 in 6-6.2 seconds and a quarter in 14.5. These are not even the best numbers I've seen but more common.

I admit that the b6 A4 can outhandle the CLS/TLS but is not god's gift to the roads. Looks are subjective but I don't think the A4 is better than a CLS/TLS. CLS/TLS is faster. A4 handles better. Sure, with $5k more money you can make the A4 faster but for that money you can do some damage to the CLS/TLS. We have tranny issues in the auto, you've had some electrical issues in the Audis.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:32 PM
Suzuka Master

Car_addict, if you've read through my posts, I've been a supporter of the A4 1.8T, however you have come on this board a bit strong, and without much history to the conversations we've been having about this debate.

We are comparing from a price standpoint...so, the A4 1.8T is matched with the CL-S (the 3.0L Quattro prices the A4 well beyond the CL-S).

Having said that...

You have said that we shouldn't be comparing the 1.8T to the CL-S, but price forces us to do so. You have also said that we should compare only the 3.0L V6, yet you keep going back to 1.8T chips, power, and modability...cause we know you're not talking about 400HP to the V6.

No one who knows cars here would say the CL-S out handles an A4 stock-for-stock. The majority of us AC-L members have taken an objective view of both cars, many of us defending the A4's strengths to the point of arguing against fellow board members and CL owners. We are doing just fine without trolls (no offense, but that is basically what you are at this point) coming in to mix it up, saying how an unintelligent bunch we are.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:45 PM
2nd Gear

Re: Omg, Audi A4 1.8t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
OMG, WHAT A FUCKING JOKE! Jesus muther of god, how the hell can you price a car like that? Today I went to costco only to see a shiny Audi A4 outside the lot and it was stickered price to be starting $32,400+. It was a QUATTO 1.8T engine base. 20Mpg city/28 hwy.

Ok, nice looking...no navi, uh...don't know what other big option they have but doesn't seem like much...granted it has quattro but come the fuck on...underpowered piece of shit 1.8L T engine (i don't give a fuck about boosting it..cause u can't factor that shit into the price tag)...basic ass car for over $32,000

WHoly shit, I thought my CLS 6speed was pricey w/navi/260HP, but fuck me, I got me a fuckin' DEAL. I mean I use to beat on the issue of this 6speeder CLS being this and that ghey this ghey that...but come one, I got me a BARGAIN!!! And not to mention I parked in front of a Toyota 4Runner..and I saw 2 garage remotes on the front visor...???? So glad i got teh homelink (which also does rolling codes) included into my price...damn, imagine the OPTIONAL HOMELINK on the BMWs??

I have to admit that the CLS6 has everything i want and is priced so right...just don't get why it won't sell...damn, what a pity!
In order to save you the embarassment, I won't bother mentioning all of the mods you can do to an A4 that boost the performance far beyond anything you want to let yourself believe... however I will say that at least when you drive an Audi, people won't pull up next to you at stop lights and offer you $10 dollars to slap a blade on the bottom of your car and mow their lawn.

So is your Honda a rear or side bagger? And does it mulch?
Old 09-23-2003, 12:48 PM
Suzuka Master

...and the trolls have officially come out to play.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:50 PM
10th Gear

no offense, but..

when you compare a JAP to a GERMAN bred car, it's no question which is gunna be more expensive. You don't compare based on price (apples to oranges), just because they are in the SAME PRICE RANGE.

want to talk about PRICE.. the 1.8t from www.edmunds.com

has a MSRP of $25,100 (base)...

the 3.0 A4 has a MSRP of $32,440 (www.edmunds.com)

now here is what the CLS MSRP is>>> $30,550

so it LOOKS like the v-6 is CLOSER in price to the CLS, get your facts straight.

** Price means everything** less than $2,000 difference..lol

the 1.8T is ONLY $5,450 CHEAPER.. but thats the SAME price range right????

the 3.0 is CLOSER in price.. DUH!!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 12:52 PM
Suzuka Master

now you're really showing your lack of knowledge. why don't you select options such as leather, premium packages, etc. before you do your pricing. and buddy, msrp doesn't mean shit, it's the price you walk out of a dealership with that matters...what a putz.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
Drifting

Well if you're judging by a FWD bare bones 1.8T then the original poster is right, THAT car IS a POS.

If it were me I would compare the CLS to what $30k would get you in the Audiworld (pun intended)
Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 PM
still a Masshole

Re: Re: Omg, Audi A4 1.8t!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Siberian
In order to save you the embarassment, I won't bother mentioning all of the mods you can do to an A4 that boost the performance far beyond anything you want to let yourself believe... however I will say that at least when you drive an Audi, people won't pull up next to you at stop lights and offer you $10 dollars to slap a blade on the bottom of your car and mow their lawn.

So is your Honda a rear or side bagger? And does it mulch?
:shakehd: I don't mind trolls if they are informative, intelligent, or just overall interested in cars....but in this thread they just get worse and worse. Not to mention that they probably laugh at their own stupid jokes! This was a poor post overall.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:54 PM
It's not over yet

So is your Honda a rear or side bagger? And does it mulch [/B]
How original, did u come up with that one all by yourself or did your fellow 5th graders help you out. Let me see, last time I checked Honda was one of the technology leaders in motor development while audi was still merely playing catch up. Why don't you do as all a favor and go suck on ur down pipe.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:55 PM
Masshole

Re: no offense, but..

when you compare a JAP to a GERMAN bred car, it's no question which is gunna be more expensive. You don't compare based on price (apples to oranges), just because they are in the SAME PRICE RANGE.

so it LOOKS like the v-6 is CLOSER in price to the CLS, get your facts straight.

Yes, and if we're talking MSRP, with the CL-S MSRP of 30,550 you get EVERYTHING but Navigation.

Add comparable options to the Audi 3.0 and you're talking 37K. I looked at one, was thoroughly unimpressed, and bought a G35. Get your facts straight before you start slinging shit in here. I've seen your posts at the Audi forum and you do sound just as/more childish than some of the posters in this thread. I like Audi's, but they are glorified Volkswagens in the same way that Acuras are glorified Hondas, Lexus-Toyota, Infiniti-Nissan......
Old 09-23-2003, 12:56 PM
still a Masshole

car_addict, why not compare the CVT A4 3.0 then to the TLS? Its FWD, V6, and auto. Probably in close proximity in price right? Any mods for that car?
Old 09-23-2003, 12:59 PM
It's not over yet

Re: no offense, but..

man, you should really keep quiet. I think your not only embarassing your fellow Audi owners with your ignorant comments, I think your also making them cry. Go ask mommy if she'll lend you the keys to the audi so you can go play with the rest of trolls on this thread.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
10th Gear

OPTIONS..lol

first of all,

ALL 3.0 A4's come with leather STANDARD.

Quattro is the ONLY option you NEED.

just because Acura's selling point is their OPTIONs, doesn't mean you need them. For instance, heated seats, I never use mine, don't even need the cold weather package.

SPORT suspension- well Acura doesn't even have one..lol

Moon Roof - Audi's actually goes ALL the way back.. who wants a sun roof that STOPS half way? looks like shit.

rims- I would rather get aftermarket anyway.

the fact is, YOU DON'T NEED OPTIONS.

your just trying to feel better, do you have navigation standard, NO.. wow, you get leather (which is standard on 3.0)

so you ONLY need to spend $1,000 thats it..

thats all Audi charges for their SPECTACULAR Quattro system..

3.0 is STILL closer in price and you get LEATHER..
Old 09-23-2003, 01:01 PM
Drifting

Please don't feed the trolls.

BTW, I think that plenty of us TLS/CLS owners have given a balanced response to the original poster who was childish IMO.

Also FWIW there's a similar thread on Audiworld with an equally diverse array of idiotic and intelligent responses.

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4/msgs/1780836.phtml

BTW I own both
Old 09-23-2003, 01:06 PM
10th Gear

options..

whats a spectacular option Acura gives you, that the 3.0 doesn't have??

-Acura sure as hell doesn't have AWD.

I hear soo much hype about Acura's options, their sun roof sucks,

their heated system frys your ass, the interior is cheap plastic.

The only good thing you get is your little radio....

what am I missing.. what great option are they giving you..LOL
Old 09-23-2003, 01:12 PM
2nd Gear

Ha, really, I just had to take a shot at "DDD type S" for his ignorant comments about the A4. I don't have anything against Acura cars.

No hard feelings...

Sorry for trolling! Carry on...
Old 09-23-2003, 01:16 PM
Drifting

"whats a spectacular option Acura gives you, that the 3.0 doesn't have??"

Well for one, my 1.8T didn't come with a sunroof unless you added an option.

Of course a well appointed 1.8T would be comparable to what comes standard with a CLS/TLS but a well appointed 3.0 would be much more.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:17 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: OPTIONS..lol

first of all,

just because Acura's selling point is their OPTIONs, doesn't mean you need them. For instance, heated seats, I never use mine, don't even need the cold weather package.

Moon Roof - Audi's actually goes ALL the way back.. who wants a sun roof that STOPS half way? looks like shit.

your just trying to feel better, do you have navigation standard, NO.. wow, you get leather (which is standard on 3.0)

it's official, you are an idiot. you get leather INSERTS, you'll still have to pay $890 for full leather. you can argue to the moon, but you have to pay $2K large in order to get Xenon headlights, homelink wireless, driver side memory seats, auto-dimming mirrors...basically all the luxury items to equal what the CL gives you STANDARD. if you don't like the luxury items, why didn't you get a WRX, EVO, or STI? then you'll have the type of car you're describing.

and, please, get your facts straight...MSRP doesn't mean SHIT, CL-S (non-navi) can be had for mid to low $26K. i know, i bought one for that price.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:20 PM
10th Gear

they totally skimped Acura's sunroof..

I have never seen a sunroof that can only go back half way, until I saw the Acura CL. It's like they go cheap on their options.
Not too mention how much NOISE your cheap sunroof makes.. I mean the thing sounds like its off the rails.. and this is on a new one I have heard first hand! Personally I wouldn't even want Acura's sunroof, my Audi has a sunroof w/ no noise, goes back ALL the way until it disappears, and looks pimp.

-I guess you pay for what you get.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:21 PM
Suzuka Master

how's 5-6 grand in your pocket sound as an option?
Old 09-23-2003, 01:23 PM
Masshole

Re: they totally skimped Acura's sunroof..

I have never seen a sunroof that can only go back half way, until I saw the Acura CL. It's like they go cheap on their options.
Not too mention how much NOISE your cheap sunroof makes.. I mean the thing sounds like its off the rails.. and this is on a new one I have heard first hand! Personally I wouldn't even want Acura's sunroof, my Audi has a sunroof w/ no noise, goes back ALL the way until it disappears, and looks pimp.

My girlfriend has a 1.8T which I drive regularly and SMOKED regularly when I had my CLS and with the sunroof open, it sounds like armageddon unless you crack a side window. Not to mention the 3 coils she had to have replaced because the fucker broke down 3 consecutive weeks. All cars have their bugs and though I would choose an A4 1.8T over a CLS, the Acura is by far a better bargain stock for stock.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:25 PM
still a Masshole

Re: OPTIONS..lol

first of all,

So why did you mention snow in an earlier post??? You don't get snow do you?

Hemants, I know we shouldn't feed them but I get all fired up when people spout off shit they know little about. I love the A4 and usually try and stick up for it but don't agree with the garbage be written by some of these trolls.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:26 PM
It's not over yet

Re: they totally skimped Acura's sunroof..

Man, it's beyond official, you are not idiot, your way over qualified for that title. Have you seen the size of the roof on the Cl? It has a short roof which would force the glass insert to overhang if it were too fully open. Man, you truly do take the cake, hel you are probably eating it too.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:27 PM
still a Masshole

Last I checked my moonroof opened all the way.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:28 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by ferizzo
Last I checked my moonroof opened all the way.
You have a TL, focker.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:30 PM
10th Gear

I actually DON'T live in FL..

I have that under my name.. I live where it gets COLD. We get a lot of snow, thats the reason I wanted an AWD vehicle. I'm not going to give out my local to these flamers here.

I'd spend $2,600 extra and get an A4 3.0 (bone stock w/ leather and QUATTRO) ANYDAY over a fully loaded jap-rice mobile.

That CL needs a body kit too, looks funky. Not really into the length of it either, why did they make it the size of a boat?

It weighs more than my 4-door sedan. and is longer, why??

-and don't tell me it doesn't look like the solaro, car is almost identical in conception as your CLS. No wonder it always mistaken.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:32 PM
Masshole

Re: I actually DON'T live in FL..

and don't tell me it doesn't look like the solaro, car is almost identical in conception as your CLS. No wonder it always mistaken.
...until you step on the gas, and your 1.8T disappears in the STOCK auto dimming rear view. Go home now, will you?
Old 09-23-2003, 01:33 PM
It's not over yet

will someone lend car-addict a violin,
Old 09-23-2003, 01:35 PM
still a Masshole

Todd, I left you something in Ramblings! Yeah but a TL compares better to the A4!

Car_Addict, don't be afraid of posting where you live...no one will harm you!

Actually a 3.0 A4 is kinda porky as well...3450+ in poundage so it isn't exactly much lighter than a CLS. So do you have a 1.8t or a 3.0? stick or auto. modded or bone stock! Tell us more of your vast experience with Audis and jap rice mobiles.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:38 PM
Masshole

Originally posted by ferizzo
Todd, I left you something in Ramblings! Yeah but a TL compares better to the A4!

Car_Addict, don't be afraid of posting where you live...no one will harm you!

Actually a 3.0 A4 is kinda porky as well...3450+ in poundage so it isn't exactly much lighter than a CLS. So do you have a 1.8t or a 3.0? stick or auto. modded or bone stock! Tell us more of your vast experience with Audis and jap rice mobiles.
Right back at you, Freddy!!! Now, let's go smoke some Audis!!!
Old 09-23-2003, 01:38 PM
10th Gear

Suspension + X-Chip means you go bye bye

.. and that's my 1.8T..ahahaha pleeze, come to my area, I'll find you more A4's than you could imagine that would dynamically destroy your CLS, in every aspect of performance.

-I am assuming yours is Type-S and '03.

Quick Reply: Omg, Audi A4 1.8t!!!!!!!!!!!!