The Official Motorcycles/Scooters Thread - Page 2 - AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community

Go Back  AcuraZine - Acura Enthusiast Community > Automotive Discussion > Car Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official Motorcycles/Scooters Thread

Notices

The Official Motorcycles/Scooters Thread

 
Old 04-17-2009, 09:23 AM
  #41  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by teranfon View Post
Still not telling what it is? I kind of have an idea.


Terry
Do you?

I'm not saying anything till it's in the driveway. It took a while to find the bike I wanted, then it took weeks to close the deal... so once it's here in my possession, I'll spill the beans. Even locally, my wife is the only one who knows. I haven't told any of my friends or neighbors.

Plus, I've talked about buying so many different bikes the last several months that I think people were sick of me talking about buying something (plus I kept changing my mind), so that's the other reason I haven't said anything
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-17-2009, 10:55 AM
  #42  
Moderator Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,548
Thanked 196 Times in 99 Posts
Just a feeling.............. I'll see if my hunch was correct when it arrives.


Terry
teranfon is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 03:18 PM
  #43  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
^ OK Terry... what's your guess? It just arrived and I snapped some pics. Will be uploading and starting a new topic soon ... but wanted to see what your hunch was first
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 03:28 PM
  #44  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
My guessesssssss



or



...am I correct?

Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 03:39 PM
  #45  
put it in your mouth
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 29,630
Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,719 Posts
I got this in Feb of last year. It's a 1988 Honda NT650 Hawk GT.

This is what it looked like when I bought it (in front of my old car):




No one believes that this bike is 21 years old. Alot of people think its a Ducati. Their face is priceless when I tell them its a Honda.

I don't have any good recent pictures of it. That red shit in the subframe is gone now. I haven't done alot of work to it, but I did put the CFM Woodcraft rearsets, RC51 passenger pegs and brackets and bar end mirrors on it. The bike has a Factory Pro 3.0 jet kit, TBR full exhaust and Uni pods. I've got an 07 CBR front end, Fox twin clicker for the rear, digital gauges, CF battery relocation box, tire hugger, RC45 replica fairings, and 748 tank and tail section to go on this winter. I may even pick up a GP style exhaust. This time next year it won't even look like a Hawk GT.

Currently Im rebuilding the carbs because the bike sat all winter. Im high as a kite from the fumes

And to the OP:

Im very jealous of the 675 of yours. I've been eyeing that bike for a while now. Hopefully I can pick one up within the next year.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 03:58 PM
  #46  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
^^ Nice bike....but I dunno how anyone would confuse your Honda with a Ducati...the frame is a dead give-away.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 04:14 PM
  #47  
Moderator Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 6,548
Thanked 196 Times in 99 Posts
Hi jb

SV?

Terry
teranfon is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 06:09 PM
  #48  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
Well, topic is up: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3#post10809053

Moog, I wish I could swing an MV Augusta. Not yet

Terry, you would think that was the route I was going to go... but decided not to
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 10:59 PM
  #49  
put it in your mouth
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 29,630
Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,719 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Well, topic is up: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3#post10809053

Moog, I wish I could swing an MV Augusta. Not yet

Terry, you would think that was the route I was going to go... but decided not to
Very nice! I almost got an 04 RSV1000R from my friend 2 years ago for a STEAL ($2000, not wrecked or stolen, he just needed it gone).

Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
^^ Nice bike....but I dunno how anyone would confuse your Honda with a Ducati...the frame is a dead give-away.
You'd be surprised. Theres two types of people who look at this bike. The one that know everything about it, and those who know nothing. Those who know nothing see V-twin and SSSA and think its a Duc.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 04-22-2009, 11:55 PM
  #50  
Under Pressure
 
kneedragger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
I almost got an 04 RSV1000R from my friend 2 years ago for a STEAL ($2000, not wrecked or stolen, he just needed it gone).
kneedragger87 is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 10:29 AM
  #51  
put it in your mouth
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 29,630
Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,719 Posts
Originally Posted by kneedragger87 View Post
Yea, exactly. He found out how much it was really worth and decided to keep it.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 10:47 AM
  #52  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
^ Damn, I would have paid him the $2k on the spot when it was offered just to get it for that price!!
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:38 PM
  #53  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by Osamu View Post
dang nice...


my roommate just showed up today w/ a brand new 250 ninja. Sucks cause I know having a bike around is just going to make me miss mine
I don't mean to thread hijack but just wanted to ask you, did he buy an '09? if so PM me if you have any information about what he likes/dislikes about the bike and other bikes he considered. It'd be a great help as I'm trying to get an idea of what I want to do (used vs new) when it comes time to buying a bike [hopefully] later this year.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:50 PM
  #54  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by Sly Raskal View Post
I don't mean to thread hijack but just wanted to ask you, did he buy an '09? if so PM me if you have any information about what he likes/dislikes about the bike and other bikes he considered. It'd be a great help as I'm trying to get an idea of what I want to do (used vs new) when it comes time to buying a bike [hopefully] later this year.
Buy used. The depreciation is already sucked out of it so you can get a great deal, learn on it for a year or so... then sell it for basically the same price you paid for it. I bought a 2005 Ninja 250 in Dec. 2007 for $2200. I sold it on March 10th-ish of 2009 for $2200. So basically I learned to ride for free minus insurance (which was like $100 for the year) and gas (which was negligible).

That's my
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 12:57 PM
  #55  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Buy used. The depreciation is already sucked out of it so you can get a great deal, learn on it for a year or so... then sell it for basically the same price you paid for it. I bought a 2005 Ninja 250 in Dec. 2007 for $2200. I sold it on March 10th-ish of 2009 for $2200. So basically I learned to ride for free minus insurance (which was like $100 for the year) and gas (which was negligible).

That's my

Thanks for the advice, I have no problem buying used. I'm just scared I'll get suckered into buying a used bike that needs work done and I'll have to spend more to fix it. And since I know nothing about bikes it scares me a little more.

Also, I don't yet know what style bike I like as I've only ridden a bike during the training class. I do know that I wouldn't mind owning a standard or a sport bike. Learning on the 250 and then deciding afterward what to get does sound like the best plan though from what you and everyone else have said.

Here's a question for you, if my brother-in-law and I want to buy one bike that both of us can learn on, if either of us owned the bike, can the other get insurance on it even though they don't own it? Or would each of us need to be co-registered to get insurance on it?
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 01:11 PM
  #56  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
^ Whoever "owns" based on the title would get insurance. I would then just split the insurance fee on your own since the bike would be insured, thus any rider on it is covered.

As for a used bike, buy a low mileage used bike. The 2005 I bought had 2100 miles when I bought it. All I had to do was add gas and one oil change during ownership.
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 01:25 PM
  #57  
Administrator
iTrader: (1)
 
Sly Raskal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Fontana, California
Age: 41
Posts: 30,994
Thanked 581 Times in 345 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
^ Whoever "owns" based on the title would get insurance. I would then just split the insurance fee on your own since the bike would be insured, thus any rider on it is covered.
I always thought that each rider would need to be insured.
I didn't think insuring the bike covered another person, especially if they got injured. I always thought it only covered the person that insured it if they were the one riding it.

Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
As for a used bike, buy a low mileage used bike. The 2005 I bought had 2100 miles when I bought it. All I had to do was add gas and one oil change during ownership.
When it comes time to buy one, I'll be sure to post up what you guys think of it before I do, but I'll try to find a bike with low miles. need to start keeping an eye out for one. I'm scheduled to take the written test next month.
Sly Raskal is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 01:36 PM
  #58  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
^^ If you can work on your "teg" you can work on a bike.

Maintenance on most bikes is pretty easy. Don't let that scare you away from a quality used bike.
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
  #59  
99 TL, 06 E350
 
Black Tire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Toronto
Age: 39
Posts: 5,030
Thanked 163 Times in 109 Posts
Kawasaki ZZR250 for 4 years. Not really a avid rider so I didn't move up because I don't ride much.



I eventually want to move up to the Kawasaki Z750S within a year or 2.
Black Tire is offline  
Old 04-23-2009, 06:27 PM
  #60  
put it in your mouth
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 29,630
Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,719 Posts
Originally Posted by Moog-Type-S View Post
^^ If you can work on your "teg" you can work on a bike.

Maintenance on most bikes is pretty easy. Don't let that scare you away from a quality used bike.
x2 although I tend to shy away from dropped bikes.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 02:07 PM
  #61  
Moto Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
taitando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 40
Posts: 596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dropped bikes aren't always bad. There's a big difference between a 0 MPH drop (like in a garage) versus a low-side on the track or street.
taitando is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 08:53 PM
  #62  
put it in your mouth
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 29,630
Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,719 Posts
Originally Posted by taitando View Post
Dropped bikes aren't always bad. There's a big difference between a 0 MPH drop (like in a garage) versus a low-side on the track or street.
Yea, but alot of sellers claim the "dropped in a garage" thing even though they have gouges in the plastics. Im anal about that sort of stuff though.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 09:44 PM
  #63  
Under Pressure
 
kneedragger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
My first supersport, which was an '02 (split-seat, not the ugly banana) CBR600F4i, had a rebuilt title. Had a expert look it over and test it, he said the frame was straight. Me and that bike went through so much. I had my one and only highside on that bad-boy. I got bruised up bad, I was wearing jacket, boots, helmet, gloves... but DENIM! Never wear denim and expect it to give you an protection whatsoever, let's just say I got the opportunity to visually inspect my kneecap.

Moral of the story... Bikes that have been dropped can still be a-ok!

Last edited by kneedragger87; 04-28-2009 at 09:47 PM.
kneedragger87 is offline  
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
  #64  
Under Pressure
 
kneedragger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Tire View Post
Kawasaki ZZR250 for 4 years. Not really a avid rider so I didn't move up because I don't ride much.


I like the ZZR250 beter than the American EX250. We now have the 250R which loves to corner with a more confident inspiring suspension set-up. I drug my first knee on my girlfriend's '08 250R, ended up selling it because she decided that motorcycles weren't for her. Regardless, the "two-fiddy" will always have a special place in my heart!
kneedragger87 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 12:59 AM
  #65  
Registered Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: PA
Age: 36
Posts: 35
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[quote=SuperTrooper169;10775488]My first and only bike was a 1985 Honda VFR500 Interceptor.



Dude did you buy this bike from Tom Cruise after filming "Top Gun?"
COEHSP is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 07:08 AM
  #66  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
For those who do ride... what do you ride when going on a casual cruise in the summer? I'm looking into buying a summer jacket which still offers protection, but what do you wear on your legs? I have been wearing jeans which I know offer little protection, but I have been thinking about getting some pads to wear over them. However, I'd like to just get something for riding.

Anyone wear those kevlar "slider" jeans?
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:13 AM
  #67  
I now drive an accord....
 
spdy0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Etters, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 4,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
For those who do ride... what do you ride when going on a casual cruise in the summer? I'm looking into buying a summer jacket which still offers protection, but what do you wear on your legs? I have been wearing jeans which I know offer little protection, but I have been thinking about getting some pads to wear over them. However, I'd like to just get something for riding.

Anyone wear those kevlar "slider" jeans?
If you like to wear jeans, check out http://www.dragginjeans.com/

I have a pair of joe rocket mesh pants that I wear shorts under in the summer. They are fully armored but still made with mesh so they are VERY cool. They are easy to slip off once you get where you are going.

I know I will probably get flamed for this but I usually ride in jeans/khakis to work and a tshirt. I usually let my desire for comfort win over my desire for saftey. This is even after I low sided my first bike in 05 and messed up my knee and broke my foot.
spdy0001 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
  #68  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
Also wondering if anyone uses a backpack.

The Aprilia has a matte finished and the tank is not metal... to my tank bag with magnets is useless...
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM
  #69  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
Originally Posted by spdy0001 View Post
If you like to wear jeans, check out http://www.dragginjeans.com/

I have a pair of joe rocket mesh pants that I wear shorts under in the summer. They are fully armored but still made with mesh so they are VERY cool. They are easy to slip off once you get where you are going.

I know I will probably get flamed for this but I usually ride in jeans/khakis to work and a tshirt. I usually let my desire for comfort win over my desire for saftey. This is even after I low sided my first bike in 05 and messed up my knee and broke my foot.
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into both of those. I have heard of the Draggin Jeans as I believe they are from Hickory or Boone, NC... which is not far from me. I have heard good things about them.

I like the Mesh Pants idea b/c I can still wear shorts, then just take the pants off once I arrive at my destination. Hmm... maybe I'll pick up both. Time to start researching

Is this what you mean for the Joe Rocket pants? http://www.tobefast.com/joe-rocket-p...s-pr-3109.html
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:33 AM
  #70  
I now drive an accord....
 
spdy0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Etters, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 4,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Also wondering if anyone uses a backpack.

The Aprilia has a matte finished and the tank is not metal... to my tank bag with magnets is useless...
I have had a to use a backpack for the last three years because of the design of my bike. Its nothing special just one that walmart sells for $20. Its nice because it has three separate zippered sections and its quite large. Its perfect for transporting my items to and from work, and if I need to go to the store for something.
spdy0001 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:36 AM
  #71  
I now drive an accord....
 
spdy0001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Etters, PA
Age: 37
Posts: 4,800
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
Thanks for the reply. I'll look into both of those. I have heard of the Draggin Jeans as I believe they are from Hickory or Boone, NC... which is not far from me. I have heard good things about them.

I like the Mesh Pants idea b/c I can still wear shorts, then just take the pants off once I arrive at my destination. Hmm... maybe I'll pick up both. Time to start researching

Is this what you mean for the Joe Rocket pants? http://www.tobefast.com/joe-rocket-p...s-pr-3109.html
That link is blocked for me at work but I found them on another site http://www.newenough.com/protective_...overpants.html

I agree they are nicer since you can take them off when you get where your going. Since they zipper all the way up the leg you don't even have to take off your shoes
spdy0001 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 AM
  #72  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
^ Nice.. thanks for the info. I don't know why I didn't even think of Wal-Mart for a backpack. Probably much cheaper then buying an Alpinestar or Icon backpack!
juniorbean is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 11:56 AM
  #73  
No room in
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: FL Panhandle
Age: 31
Posts: 172
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by kneedragger87 View Post
I like the ZZR250 beter than the American EX250. We now have the 250R which loves to corner with a more confident inspiring suspension set-up. I drug my first knee on my girlfriend's '08 250R, ended up selling it because she decided that motorcycles weren't for her. Regardless, the "two-fiddy" will always have a special place in my heart!
I have an EX250 now and if I were upgrading, I'd most likely just buy a 250R That or a 650R... but I don't go on the highway much, and I love the little 250's high-strung engine, it's so much fun.

Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
^ Nice.. thanks for the info. I don't know why I didn't even think of Wal-Mart for a backpack. Probably much cheaper then buying an Alpinestar or Icon backpack!
I picked up a backpack from Wal-Mart on the cheap... it even came in a blue that goes great with my bike/jacket/helmet.
Takran is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
  #74  
Moto Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
taitando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 40
Posts: 596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kneedragger87 View Post
I got bruised up bad, I was wearing jacket, boots, helmet, gloves... but DENIM! Never wear denim and expect it to give you an protection whatsoever, let's just say I got the opportunity to visually inspect my kneecap.

Moral of the story... Bikes that have been dropped can still be a-ok!
Yup, I'll gladly take a couple scratches here and there, broken light, bent peg, or whatever, if it's easily fixable and equates to some major savings.

And you saw your kneecap?!? I can't say much though because it's also a habit i need to break. Riding around town, I wear gear all over except for my jeans, which as you said, provides no protection at all. It just seems overkill to throw on leathers if you're riding around town, but a visual inspection of the 'ol kneecap would probably change my perspective too.
taitando is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 06:39 PM
  #75  
Moto Enthusiast
Thread Starter
 
taitando's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento, CA
Age: 40
Posts: 596
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
For those who do ride... what do you ride when going on a casual cruise in the summer? I'm looking into buying a summer jacket which still offers protection, but what do you wear on your legs? I have been wearing jeans which I know offer little protection, but I have been thinking about getting some pads to wear over them. However, I'd like to just get something for riding.

Anyone wear those kevlar "slider" jeans?
This is what I wear in our 100 degree summers and yes, I'm a Dainese whore who loves their products:

Dainese Zentex Mesh Jacket



Dainese Drake Textile Pant



The jacket has armor/pads on the shoulder and elbows, while the pants have it on the knees. The pants also have a vent as shown that button up and allows for air flow. I really don't wear the pants as often as I should (always in jeans), but they are comfortable. Legs taper down though and are easier to tuck into boots rather than over.

As for backpacks, i mostly just use my Jansport regular school backpack. But if i'll be going on long rides, I have the Ogio No Drag back pack. It's a little pricey, but the backpack has chest and waist straps, along with a helmet holder. Here's a youtube review:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mTpjm8SPHUI
taitando is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 06:40 PM
  #76  
The sizzle in the Steak
 
Moog-Type-S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: Southern California
Posts: 71,438
Thanked 1,876 Times in 1,296 Posts
Originally Posted by juniorbean View Post
For those who do ride... what do you ride when going on a casual cruise in the summer? I'm looking into buying a summer jacket which still offers protection, but what do you wear on your legs? I have been wearing jeans which I know offer little protection, but I have been thinking about getting some pads to wear over them. However, I'd like to just get something for riding.

Anyone wear those kevlar "slider" jeans?
First Gear mesh jacket FTW
Moog-Type-S is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 09:56 PM
  #77  
put it in your mouth
iTrader: (8)
 
civicdrivr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: VA
Age: 30
Posts: 29,630
Thanked 4,422 Times in 2,719 Posts
I got the no-drag as well. Picked it up for $120 shipped. I've yet to use it though.

I like my Joe Rocket Pheonix 4.0 jacket. Its mesh so it breaths, but has CE padding in it. I replaced the regular foam back protector with the CE pad. I barely notice the difference. Im sure there will be a difference when I go down though. I want to pick up some knee pads to wear, but I may look into those mesh pants previously posted. Those look great for riding to work in.
civicdrivr is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:40 PM
  #78  
Under Pressure
 
kneedragger87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,185
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
When I ride... This is what I wear.









Even if the temperature is in the 90's, I wear this. I'd rather sweat than go through skin-graphs. I used to wear mesh/textile jackets... but then I tried leather. Never going back to the "otherside".
kneedragger87 is offline  
Old 04-29-2009, 10:47 PM
  #79  
Registered Member
 
Blazin Si's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Charlotte, NC
Age: 35
Posts: 1,731
Thanked 12 Times in 8 Posts
I want a Ruckus in the worst way!

Blazin Si is offline  
Old 04-30-2009, 11:06 AM
  #80  
Senior Moderator
iTrader: (5)
 
juniorbean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: The QC
Posts: 28,338
Thanked 1,603 Times in 979 Posts
Thanks for the info all.

One last question for the riders out there...

I've been thinking about lowering the bike 1/2" or 1". I barely reach right now and get get my tip-toes on the ground, but I don't know that I feel comfortable only having that much reach... so I've been toying with lowering the bike a tad to fit me better. I know that lowering the bike can affect handling, however, from what I've read, a minimal drop and doing it right should have minimal effects.

Thoughts?
juniorbean is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Motorcycles/Scooters Thread


Contact Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.