No more Acura...I love BMW

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2001, 07:59 AM
6SPDCLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No more Acura...I love BMW

BMW incorporates so much new technology into their automobiles...even the 325/328/330 series cars have "vtec" (VANOS) technology and they also feature the dual stage intake manifold (aka Acura's CL/TL upgrade to TypeS).

All I can say is that their automobiles have so much technology and it's way ahead of fuggin' HONDA's technology it ain't funny no more.

From transmissions to electronic oil condition monitoring to their climate control system (dual climate control might I add)..to their rain sensing wipers...the list goes on..

I'm sorry but my next car WILL BE a BMW. the hi-tech justifies the hi-costs. I don't think ACURA will ever be able to keep up with BMW...hell no..price wise hell yea...but in terms of technology in the car, HELL NO.

check out this new BMW 7 series...american version. The freakin' car looks uglier than japanese girls but dayam..the technology just kicks ass.

I can't deny it anymore...BMW is #1 in terms of technology.

http://www.bmwnation.com/articles/e6...ican_7_01.html
Old 12-20-2001, 08:05 AM
6SPDCLS

Forgot to add that these BMW's have such cool ass keys...perhaps only the higher end models only (5/7 series)..I'm not quite sure..only seen the 7 series.

why can't ACURA have fuggin' nicer keys????? I'm sick of HONDA's luxury division especially a nice car like the CLS not have nicer keys...those VW/AUDI keys are sweet...but I think the most kick ass keys are the ones from Jaguar and MB and BMW..

Electronic keys are bad ass...and that one key from Jaguar (that thin ass long screw type key) just rocks.

LEARN something stupid ass Acura.
Old 12-20-2001, 08:12 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
I can't believe I just read a post bitching about keys. And it's not like it was a sentance or two, it was a decent sized post....about keys. I somewhat agree with your first post, although your comparing apples to oranges, they do have some cool things. But keys, my God, I can't even think of anything else to type.......
Old 12-20-2001, 08:13 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 707 Likes on 549 Posts
If you take $30K BMW, it sucks compared to CLS.
However, if you are willing to spend at least 40-50 grands, surely enough you can get something much nicer than CLS.
You have to compare cars in the same price and class range.....

If I money would not be an issue, sure, I would get like BMW M3, or even M5
Old 12-20-2001, 08:18 AM
6SPDCLS

Shiieeet..

if not bitchin' about the keys, then what else is there to bitch about???

Well, I don't have tranmission problems (13k miles)...and I don't have rattles anymore..

well, you must admit, our KEYS are indeed lame....shiet, this is a LUXURY car...dammit, I want to see some key changes...enough of sharing the same damn keys with every single model in the HONDA lineup.

It just doesn't "stand out"...

Originally posted by juniorbean
I can't believe I just read a post bitching about keys. And it's not like it was a sentance or two, it was a decent sized post....about keys. I somewhat agree with your first post, although your comparing apples to oranges, they do have some cool things. But keys, my God, I can't even think of anything else to type.......
Old 12-20-2001, 08:20 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
Shiieeet..

if not bitchin' about the keys, then what else is there to bitch about???

Well, I don't have tranmission problems (13k miles)...and I don't have rattles anymore..

well, you must admit, our KEYS are indeed lame....shiet, this is a LUXURY car...dammit, I want to see some key changes...enough of sharing the same damn keys with every single model in the HONDA lineup.

It just doesn't "stand out"...

Well, my key fob is cool.... does that count??
Old 12-20-2001, 08:21 AM
6SPDCLS

Yea..I agree with ya...if I had a boat load of money to blow off, I'd buy a Modena F1...

but I don't..and for the value, I chose the CLS. But just seeing that BMW offers so much technology in their cars just blows away ACURA...even though the bimmer costs a bit more...I think the technology is really advanced.

Dual climate control, rain sensing wipers, auto up/down glass for both DS/PS windows.

As for the value of BMW, it's much higher than Acura too...if you were to resell a 330ci and a CLS after 1 full year of use with 12k miles on the odo., which would resale at a higher price??

I wonder why.....
???
Originally posted by russianDude
However, if you are willing to spend at least 40-50 grands, surely enough you can get something much nicer than CLS.

Old 12-20-2001, 08:21 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts

Totally agree... What kind of a bimmer can you get for 30K? Used yes... New, well ya you can but WITHOUT leather, sunroof, etc... You have to pay extra for metallic paint! No navi., which sucks in the bimmers!

As for the key argument...
Old 12-20-2001, 08:29 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I only use the key to turn on the ignition? and It's the best key I ever have had!

Compared to any home door key, Acura's key is a supermodel!

Enjoy the drive not the key!
Old 12-20-2001, 08:32 AM
Masshole

I love my CLS, but my next car will probably be of the German persuasion too. This is my 4th Acura, and I have to say that I've been to the shop more with this CL than all of my other Integras combined...pretty depressing.
Old 12-20-2001, 08:33 AM
6SPDCLS

Yea..the key fob stands out..unfortunately the key itself is the same version as the Honda accord and everything else in the lineup...

I wonder how much it really costs to incorporate something like Jaguar's key?

Here is a pic:

Originally posted by juniorbean

Well, my key fob is cool.... does that count??
Old 12-20-2001, 08:34 AM
Three Wheelin'

you know what...bmw has quite a few advantages over acura, but the things your pointed out arnt any of them

technology wise - the cl is pretty comparable to the 3 series

this doesnt make a car more technologically advanced:
'Dual climate control, rain sensing wipers, auto up/down glass for both DS/PS windows. '
Old 12-20-2001, 08:41 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW makes cars for the individual.

Nicer keys are very expensive to replace. Ask an IS 300 owner what a new key cost.
Old 12-20-2001, 08:42 AM
Three Wheelin'

A key is a key to me.

Also BMW's are just expensive. Yeah sure the base prices are around the $30K mark, but start adding options, & your at $40K+ in no time. Even a 323, or 325 is at $35K with options. If you can spend that much, fine.
Old 12-20-2001, 08:43 AM
6SPDCLS

Yea..sure...having those features makes BMW king...

I'm not saying ACURA sucks...I'm just saying they aren't as advanced as BMW.

Originally posted by mr tl
you know what...bmw has quite a few advantages over acura, but the things your pointed out arnt any of them

technology wise - the cl is pretty comparable to the 3 series

this doesnt make a car more technologically advanced:
'Dual climate control, rain sensing wipers, auto up/down glass for both DS/PS windows. '
Old 12-20-2001, 08:48 AM
6SPDCLS

I'm just bitchin' about the simpler things in life...cause I feel left out of the "show off your key" club....I hate to say it...I own a luxury car that doesn't have luxury type items...

shiet, the leather is about the only thing great on this car..everything else is cheap ass plastic...that doesn't look appealing without a plastic wood dash trim set.

Yea, yea...BMW costs more...but then if you look at the resale value of a BMW vs. an ACURA...it holds up alot more value than the ACURA if compared with same year/miles.

ADMIT IT FELLAS...ACURA is nice...but BMW is starting to attract people like me....(dumb ass you may call me)...but I like what BMW has in their automobiles...only thing shitty is the cost of the options...

but then again, if you want quality, you can't go cheap...you can have a Burger King whopper or you can have a gourment burger at some fancy place..

Originally posted by JasonT
A key is a key to me.

Also BMW's are just expensive. Yeah sure the base prices are around the $30K mark, but start adding options, & your at $40K+ in no time. Even a 323, or 325 is at $35K with options. If you can spend that much, fine.
Old 12-20-2001, 08:48 AM
Suzuka Master

My friend has 325 BMW with 55K miles, his climate control system broke, he spent 500$ to fix it.
for $30K you will get shity 300 series BMW, without all the options.

Whenever I will be ready to spend 45-50 grand, I will get 500 series BMW. but there is no way I will ever get cheap 300 series. BMW is overpriced, there is nothing special about it, just a freaken name "B M W". Everybody thinks its the best because it got the name BMW, it does not mean anything.
I dont think resale value of BMW will be higher than Acura
Old 12-20-2001, 08:54 AM
6SPDCLS

As "played out" as BMW may be...it is still an image of a "driver's car"...

For 45-50 grand, I too would like a BMW 5 series. As for the maintenance cost on these bimmers, I heard it was high cost. But then again, you can't get your hugo boss suit cleaned at kwik-e-clean...

People- You gotta admit BMW is a fantastic car...the price is high...I love my CLS...hey, i paid over $30k for it..but after owning two acuras and having seen some of the new features in those BMWs..., man I'd really like to own one.

My friend has 325 BMW with 55K miles, his climate control system broke, he spent 500$ to fix it.
for $30K you will get shity 300 series BMW, without all the options.

Whenever I will be ready to spend 45-50 grand, I will get 500 series BMW. but there is no way I will ever get cheap 300 series. BMW is overpriced, there is nothing special about it, just a freaken name "B M W". Everybody thinks its the best because it got the name BMW, it does not mean anything.
I dont think resale value of BMW will be higher than Acura
Old 12-20-2001, 08:54 AM
Masshole

I'll agree with the resale thing. Acuras hold up pretty well over time as far as resale goes. I wish a little more thought would have been put into the FIT and FINISH of the CL. There is no reason or excuse for some of the things I have had to deal with in the CLS. The rear deck vibration is laughable and reminds me of my 78 Cordoba, the brake rotors warping should have been rectified during testing of the all-new CL, the squeaky moonroof...how was THAT overlooked during testing and R&D? Now, this FOCKING VSA light thing. Granted, my tranny is rock solid and my car still runs perfectly. The thing is...whether it's a minor rattle or a leaking gasket, it's STILL a trip to the damn dealer for service...that's what I hate.
Old 12-20-2001, 08:58 AM
6SPDCLS

you are right--that squeaky bullshit is the cheap ass fit and finish on the CLs...

I haven't had any brake rotor warping or squeaks...(cause I had to fix it all myself)...

At least our cars don't catch on fire eh?

Just look at this beautiful bitch!! :

Originally posted by tmk70
I'll agree with the resale thing. Acuras hold up pretty well over time as far as resale goes. I wish a little more thought would have been put into the FIT and FINISH of the CL. There is no reason or excuse for some of the things I have had to deal with in the CLS. The rear deck vibration is laughable and reminds me of my 78 Cordoba, the brake rotors warping should have been rectified during testing of the all-new CL, the squeaky moonroof...how was THAT overlooked during testing and R&D? Now, this FOCKING VSA light thing. Granted, my tranny is rock solid and my car still runs perfectly. The thing is...whether it's a minor rattle or a leaking gasket, it's STILL a trip to the damn dealer for service...that's what I hate.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:00 AM
Masshole

That's beautiful, DDT....there's definitely something to be said for a fast German car!!!!
Old 12-20-2001, 09:01 AM
6SPDCLS

Just look at the "real wood"..well, it looks a shit loads better than the CL..

Old 12-20-2001, 09:04 AM
Masshole

That definitely looks pimp...but you do get what you pay for. To have the balls that the CLS has for 30K, we just have to sweat the small shitball things that can come up from time to time in our cars.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:05 AM
6SPDCLS

gay plastic

OR
the german good stuff?

(actually, our interior isn't that bad )..just get rid of that really CHEAP ASS LOOKING EASILY SCRATCHED PLASTIC!!!
Old 12-20-2001, 09:07 AM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
My friend has a 2001 330ci.

It's been back twice for a fan recall. Out for 37 days...

He's taken it in 4, YES 4, times for rattles.

He windshield cracked from a rock. Since he has the 'rain sensing' feature, the windshield costs will him 750 bucks!

Yeah baby... The ultimately driving machine...
Old 12-20-2001, 09:16 AM
6SPDCLS

Dude, defects or bad fit and finishes happens to alot of car buyers.

The fire starting fan problem is ridiculous...rattles and small things like that are common.

Look at all the poor CL owners here bitchin' about broken tranmissions...now that is terrible..esp. coming from a 100% manufactured JAPANESE tranmission..

When i saw that "75%" was domestic and "25%" was from japan, I was like, dayam...3/4 of this car sucks ass...

Originally posted by Scrib
My friend has a 2001 330ci.

It's been back twice for a fan recall. Out for 37 days...

He's taken it in 4, YES 4, times for rattles.

He windshield cracked from a rock. Since he has the 'rain sensing' feature, the windshield costs will him 750 bucks!

Yeah baby... The ultimately driving machine...
Old 12-20-2001, 09:26 AM
Masshole

It's only a matter of time before we start getting flamed for bitching, so let me clarify right now that I LOVE my car, despite its drawbacks.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:34 AM
6SPDCLS

I LOVE and HATE my car at the same time...I hate the bitch when she starts rattling for no apparently visible reason and when the fuggin' steering wheel starts to shimmy, the tranmissions starts to hiccup, the fuggin' garage door opener failed (2nd day after I got my CLS), when the paint chips like japanese girls teeth, curbed rims, cheap ass plastic...fuggin' CHEAP ASS EASILY SCRATCHED PLASTIC, and above all else, the lack of dual climate control, rain sensing wipers, HID high beams (and auto-leveling), FWD, no key hole in the trunk, rattling spoiler (when bass kicks up heavy), and last but certainly not the least of the problems, -- the piece of shit doody ass wiping I can't even see my own hand in the dark with this PIECE OF SHIT when it's on 5 watt ROAD LAMPS.

Originally posted by tmk70
It's only a matter of time before we start getting flamed for bitching, so let me clarify right now that I LOVE my car, despite its drawbacks.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:45 AM
Suzuka Master

I dont know, if you can prove than BMW tranny is more reliable than CLS, then I would rather go with BMW.
Old 12-20-2001, 09:47 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by DDT-TypeS
Just look at this beautiful bitch!! :
yea... those cloth seats are amazing!

this is the most ludicrous argument I have ever heard.

granted. BMW's are very nice... I would love to have one.... but THEY COST A FUCKING FORTUNE. Both to buy AND maintain.

Soooo GET OVER IT.

You most likely can't afford one anyway otherwise you wouldnt be "stuck" with your CLS and you wouldn't have anything to bitch about.