Next time leave me a f&%$ing can-opener so i can get in my car

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2007, 01:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you had a camera why in the hell didn't you take a picture of the ding and how it matches up to their door? Than you'd have the plates and photographic evidence to send to your insurance company, and you could let them fight the bitch.

Mike
Old 01-05-2007, 01:16 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
I would have stayed there until the person came out & had words. And I would have inspected my car before I left & got her insurance info for dinging my car. There's just no need for that. There's no cars anywhere around & you park next to me like that? You have pics. If it was me I would have made such a scene.
I would have stayed too.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
I would have stayed there until the person came out & had words. And I would have inspected my car before I left & got her insurance info for dinging my car. There's just no need for that. There's no cars anywhere around & you park next to me like that? You have pics. If it was me I would have made such a scene.

Brand new car, and that was unnecessary. I would have taken pics (as you did), then immediately inspected my car for a ding or damage. If there was any (which you found), I could have called the police and filed a report. By that time the driver would have been outside... and you could have confronted them. If they left they would only have gotten in more trouble since the police were called. And with the report, you could get the car fixed "professionally" by Acura and possibly not have it cost you a dime. Even if that wsan't the case, you would make the driver of that car personally responsible for their actions and make them think twice about being such a moron.

Originally Posted by Chief F1 Fan
I like McLaren's notice BUT you should omit any reference to A-Zine. I'm sure the admins would agree they don't wanna get dragged by association, into someone's pissing contest.

I've seen that thing a million times, but never with Acurazine referenced on it. I'd say to remove that reference ASAP as the admins want no part in it...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by whynot

you must have a really problem-free life if you find this worth bitching about
So you don't get bothered when people vandalize your property?
Old 01-05-2007, 01:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

what an asshat.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,090 Likes on 767 Posts
Originally Posted by crazymjb
If you had a camera why in the hell didn't you take a picture of the ding and how it matches up to their door? Than you'd have the plates and photographic evidence to send to your insurance company, and you could let them fight the bitch.

Mike
yeah that was definitely my fault... i didn't thouroughly check my car until i got home because i was too busy trying to squeeze my @$$ into my car to get home... it's not like it was a huge dent that caught my eye and i should have looked more closely... my own fault... i know for next time if i take the advice of all the AZ members...

1.) take pics and call the cops
2.) kick the door in, jump on the hood, piss on the front seats
3.) legdrop her in the cooch when she comes back out to her car (wait, wat if she is hot???)
Old 01-05-2007, 01:45 PM
Banned

I can see why this would piss him off. Fact is the car is property and in most cases for a car enthusiast its their favorite piece of property. Would you want someone going up to your house and gouging your front door?

EDIT: Didn't read the second page before tossing the quote, looks like I just joined the bandwagon, but this point and everyone else's quoting this still stands.

Last edited by aesir11; 01-05-2007 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2007, 01:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Also, dryhump the car to add further insult.

Originally Posted by KaMLuNg
know for next time if i take the advice of all the AZ members...

3.) legdrop her in the cooch when she comes back out to her car (wait, wat if she is hot???)
Old 01-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally Posted by joerockt
But neighborhood kids destroying garage doors is ok?
But It wasn't a little kid driving the car.
Old 01-05-2007, 02:46 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by synth19
Also, dryhump the car to add further insult.
okay so revised version goes...

3.) dryhump the car
4.) legdrop her in the cooch when she comes back out to her car (if she is hot then dryhump her)

Old 01-05-2007, 03:56 PM
X spots the mark

Originally Posted by danny25
you don't complain about door dings?
lol... door dings... i was pissed off when i saw the first 2 or 3... after that i just said fuck it...
my car is only 1 yr old but if you look at the rear bumper it looks like i've been parking it in iraq... but that's how things are when you live in new york city, you get used to it...
Old 01-05-2007, 03:57 PM
Instructor

thats bullshit man. if someone did that to me and fucked up my car i would sit my ass there until they came outta the store
Old 01-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by juniorbean

Brand new car, and that was unnecessary. I would have taken pics (as you did), then immediately inspected my car for a ding or damage. If there was any (which you found), I could have called the police and filed a report. By that time the driver would have been outside... and you could have confronted them. If they left they would only have gotten in more trouble since the police were called. And with the report, you could get the car fixed "professionally" by Acura and possibly not have it cost you a dime. Even if that wsan't the case, you would make the driver of that car personally responsible for their actions and make them think twice about being such a moron.

Good luck getting the police to respond to that one. Most of them HATE responding to any type of fender benders. If they do come you might be in for a looooooong wait lol At least thats how it is in NYC anyway
Old 01-05-2007, 07:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
lol... door dings... i was pissed off when i saw the first 2 or 3... after that i just said fuck it...
my car is only 1 yr old but if you look at the rear bumper it looks like i've been parking it in iraq... but that's how things are when you live in new york city, you get used to it...
sucks for you
Old 01-05-2007, 09:07 PM
Three Wheelin'

sorry to hear about that Kam. Should have called the cops and taken pics. At the very least, you should have confronted the person driving the vehicle.

Doing damage to their vehicle only brings you down to their level (I think ) and disrespects the car. Although its not like that POS Grandprix deserves an ounce of respect. Park right next to a curb, far far away next time. I almost get the feeling that the ding was done intentionally - I mean how STUPID does someone have to be.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:23 PM
One on the right for me

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts
From the TL forum. Doesn't get much worse than this

Old 01-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Originally Posted by Whiskers
I don't
the Focus deserves better.
Old 01-06-2007, 12:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by subinf
You guys forgot this pic?

Old 01-06-2007, 02:56 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,231 Likes on 821 Posts
Originally Posted by mattg
the Focus deserves better.
Nah, sometimes I kick it for fun..... Can't beat a beater in a city....
Old 01-06-2007, 03:05 AM
Does anyone read this

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Old 01-06-2007, 01:17 PM
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

What a MOFO.
Old 01-06-2007, 01:37 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Wow.. there really shouldnt be some people driving out there.
Old 01-06-2007, 07:16 PM
Senior Moderator

that just goes to show that it is wayy too easy to get a drivers license... in some places of the world it is damn near insane to get a DL... the test is virtually impossible...
Old 01-07-2007, 02:21 AM
2006 TL

I hate they way ppl from NJ drive (not singling you out - just saying in gen.), but I hate the way NYers park even more! The lines are there for a reason - and decoration ain't one of them. Park your damn car in one effin space ya morons! I go to St. John's and park in the resident village. There's the one person in a P.O.S. Hyundai Tiburon that always parks in 2 spaces, and at an angle. This S-O-B pisses me off like you have no idea. If I ever see him/her getting out of their car I'm telling them off. And to the dumbass who parked the Ford F-1crap right up in the TL - he was just fuckin with the TL - I would've never let that fly. I hope the TL owner confronted Mr. CantParkForShit. Anyway... here's anothr variation of Mickey as well as real ones you can buy @ target...

Don't wanna strain eyes here... so I re-typed it - "You are an inconsiderate person. This is not a real ticket, but it should be. Because of your rude and lame attempt at parking you have taken up enough room for an army and a circus. You have received this ticket in hopes that you will learn to think of others before parking in the future. You probably change lanes without using a turn signal too. I hope your engine blows up during rush hour on your birthday!"
Old 01-07-2007, 03:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JoeyASPEC

Don't wanna strain eyes here... so I re-typed it - "You are an inconsiderate person. This is not a real ticket, but it should be. Because of your rude and lame attempt at parking you have taken up enough room for an army and a circus. You have received this ticket in hopes that you will learn to think of others before parking in the future. You probably change lanes without using a turn signal too. I hope your engine blows up during rush hour on your birthday!"
HAHA, I need to pick up a few of those. I can think of plenty of places to hand them out
Old 01-07-2007, 03:11 AM
2006 TL

Originally Posted by Papa_Sean
HAHA, I need to pick up a few of those. I can think of plenty of places to hand them out
LOL might Roosevelt Field be topping your list?? I've done it to 2 ppl there... neither of them parked next to MY car - but I just couldnt resist watching the reaction when they came back to their car. I go to XSport (the Gym @ Roosevelt Field) and w/o fail, everytime I'm looking for parking there's an instance where I just wonder wtf that person was thinking... -sigh-

The "tickets" are found @ Target and come in packs of 20, each $1... my best friend actually gave me like 2 packs when I bought my car as a gift lol.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:00 AM
Senior Moderator

target sells those things??? in what section of the store???
Old 01-07-2007, 09:57 AM
2006 TL

target sells those things??? in what section of the store???
I have no idea - my friend bought them for me - I'll ask though.
Old 01-07-2007, 09:59 PM
I love cars!

Originally Posted by JackieO
I had a long talk with some guys on a construction site once about cars in general, we got on the topic of parking and they *all* bragged about parking their shitty work trucks beside nice cars parked in the middle of nowhere to piss the owners off. People WHO PARK THEIR CARS OUT IN BFE AS IF THEY'RE MADE OF PORCELAIN are dumbasses.
^Fixed^. I hate to see folks do that JUST because they bought a new car. Also, seems like both you guys were inside the lines.

HOWEVER, I would definitely check her out on publicadata.com and get her to pay for the ding.

Last edited by fast-tl; 01-07-2007 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-08-2007, 03:55 AM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That sure does suck. I wish I still had the picture of where this lady had parked so close to my CL-S, that I had to crawl in from the passenger side. Sucked reall bad because it was raining outside. I had my girlfriend at the time try to squeeze in from the driver's side, and she couldn't do it. She was like 105lbs at the time, so size wasn't an issue. lol
Old 01-08-2007, 10:39 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by fast-tl
Originally Posted by JackieO
I had a long talk with some guys on a construction site once about cars in general, we got on the topic of parking and they *all* bragged about parking their shitty work trucks beside nice cars parked in the middle of nowhere to piss the owners off. People WHO PARK THEIR CARS OUT IN BFE AS IF THEY'RE MADE OF PORCELAIN are dumbasses.
^Fixed^. I hate to see folks do that JUST because they bought a new car. Also, seems like both you guys were inside the lines.

HOWEVER, I would definitely check her out on publicadata.com and get her to pay for the ding.
Why? If people want to park out in BFE to avoid morons like this thread is about, how are they dumbasses? Leaves more spaces up front for people who don't care about door dings like you.
Old 01-08-2007, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

I hate to see folks do that JUST because they bought a new car.
just a little FYI for you... i don't do that JUST because i bought a new car... i still do it with my 9 year old car that has over 100k miles... i don't do that cause i think im better than everyone else... i do it because i like to take care of my property and i don't mind the extra walk if that is what it takes to lower the probabilty that someone may damage the car...

except that wasn't the case in this situation, it was actually the opposite...

the ding is officially fixed...

got hooked up from my body guy for free.. his paintless repair guy was in and did it in secs.. he said it wasn't that big... but it is amazing how they work those damn spoons...
Old 01-08-2007, 11:59 AM
mmmmmm....

Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

what a dick....
Old 01-08-2007, 01:06 PM
I love cars!

just a little FYI for you... i don't do that JUST because i bought a new car... i still do it with my 9 year old car that has over 100k miles... i don't do that cause i think im better than everyone else... i do it because i like to take care of my property and i don't mind the extra walk if that is what it takes to lower the probabilty that someone may damage the car...

except that wasn't the case in this situation, it was actually the opposite...

the ding is officially fixed...

got hooked up from my body guy for free.. his paintless repair guy was in and did it in secs.. he said it wasn't that big... but it is amazing how they work those damn spoons...
That's great news that they fixed gratis and it turned out well. My point was that people who do that are making a special effort to differentiate their cars from everyone else's. That will draw out the asses who want you to KNOW that your car is not special. That's one reason I think it's dumb for folks to do that. Plus, it says a bit about what you think of everyone else, doesn't it really? Maybe, maybe not, but the perception is that the other cars are somehow lesser.
Old 01-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
agreed, especially since the TL parked on the far outside of that spot.

Originally Posted by S14 n Tsx
what a dick....
Old 01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Burning Brakes

I park sensibly, if that requires me to park far away I do. Anyone that goes out of their way to park beside someone just to piss them off is a fucking nob who needs to find a hobby. I agree sometimes people spend too much time looking for the perfect spot, but who cares, who are they hurting?
Old 01-08-2007, 02:42 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by All Mine
That sure does suck. I wish I still had the picture of where this lady had parked so close to my CL-S, that I had to crawl in from the passenger side. Sucked reall bad because it was raining outside. I had my girlfriend at the time try to squeeze in from the driver's side, and she couldn't do it. She was like 105lbs at the time, so size wasn't an issue. lol
How's she now?
Old 01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Papa_Sean
Good luck getting the police to respond to that one. Most of them HATE responding to any type of fender benders. If they do come you might be in for a looooooong wait lol At least thats how it is in NYC anyway
Yeah, well, NYC is a different animal altogether. But in most other places the police must come and file a report. It may take a while for them to get there, but if you plan to file through your insurance, you NEED a report.

And, if the violator leaves the scene before the cops come... they can actually be charged with a hit and run.
Old 01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
you've actually got a good amount of room, you should see the designed spots at some of the office buildings around here
Old 01-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Team Owner

Received 582 Likes on 346 Posts
I woulda left a nice note on their car saying "you'll be hearing from my insurance company for dinging my door" to scare them into parking properly.

Quick Reply: Next time leave me a f&%$ing can-opener so i can get in my car