New GTO pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007 | 11:41 AM
Team Owner

Looking good man. I agree on the HID. Or at the least put in some silverstar bulbs.
Old 02-20-2007 | 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Thanks for posting those pics. Looks fantastic!!
Old 02-20-2007 | 12:57 PM
Above n Beyond

Originally Posted by CLpower
Must be a larger population out there then, becaause i'm on the road 100+ miles a day.

BTW, there are more Vipers on the road then GTO's. Just to give you an idea. Are you sure you aren't seeing the same GTO everyday?
lol, I'm sure. I do see a few of the same ones everyday, but when i am at lunch or when i come home from the gym at different times, I dont see the same cars I usually do.
Old 02-21-2007 | 12:46 PM
ITS ALL ABOUT THE GLOW

thats my next vehicle
Old 02-21-2007 | 02:41 PM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Must be a larger population out there then, becaause i'm on the road 100+ miles a day.

BTW, there are more Vipers on the road then GTO's. Just to give you an idea. Are you sure you aren't seeing the same GTO everyday?
The closer you live to detroit, the more you see Ford and GM products. They frown on folks driving imports in that part of the US...
Old 02-21-2007 | 06:40 PM
It's not over yet

hey scott, have you taken that thing on canyon run on the santa monica mountains yet? if so, how does it handle.
Old 02-21-2007 | 06:41 PM
W00t

Beautiful car.. I'd pick one up in a second if I could.

Red FTW!
Old 02-21-2007 | 08:43 PM
teh Senior Instigator

From: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Originally Posted by bl^5
The closer you live to detroit, the more you see Ford and GM products. They frown on folks driving imports in that part of the US...

I live in the car capital of the world
Old 02-21-2007 | 08:45 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by AQUI NO!
hey scott, have you taken that thing on canyon run on the santa monica mountains yet? if so, how does it handle.

I've done a shitload, take a look at a few on my blog http://wideopentraveler.blogspot.com/

I did a real good canyon run w/ an Elise, GT3, and M3. Let's just say the M3 couldn't hang and everyone couldn't believe what the GTO could do. Oh, and the guy riding in my car ended up throwing up

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...DAY#post804815

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...Carlsbad+Elise

Needless to say, car handles great. A lot better then I would have ever expected and I'm not even close to being done w/ the suspension yet.
Old 02-21-2007 | 08:55 PM
Engineer

I did a real good canyon run w/ an Elise, GT3, and M3. Let's just say the M3 couldn't hang and everyone couldn't believe what the GTO could do. Oh, and the guy riding in my car ended up throwing up
now was that mostly because of driver skill? I am sorta surprised to hear the M3 couldn't keep up, maybe it was the power difference combined with the mountains...

That is hilarious about your passenger...
Old 02-21-2007 | 09:09 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by savage
now was that mostly because of driver skill? I am sorta surprised to hear the M3 couldn't keep up, maybe it was the power difference combined with the mountains...

That is hilarious about your passenger...

In my observation, my car is faster then an M3. I'm sure you throw some hotshot driver in one i'll be destroyed. But I think if you put equal drivers in them, the GTO will be ahead.
Old 02-21-2007 | 09:28 PM
Engineer

In my observation, my car is faster then an M3. I'm sure you throw some hotshot driver in one i'll be destroyed. But I think if you put equal drivers in them, the GTO will be ahead.
cool, well in a straight line or just lookin at the power you should smoke an M3. I just thought the M3's suspension would fair better on a canyon road, but then again that just shows how nice the GTO's suspension must be.

Have you modified it performance wise yet?
Old 02-21-2007 | 09:40 PM
Engineer

My friend's GTO... check out his next mod at the end of the video... i guess he is planning on doing that this year...

Click here to see Video

His GTO at our meet last spring...

His and his cousins...
Old 02-21-2007 | 10:53 PM
teh Senior Instigator

cool, well in a straight line or just lookin at the power you should smoke an M3. I just thought the M3's suspension would fair better on a canyon road, but then again that just shows how nice the GTO's suspension must be.

Have you modified it performance wise yet?

The Monaro is renowned worldwide for what a package it is. It's just a shame we don't get the options they get (full coilovers, ap racing brakes; option straight from the factory).

I've got a tune and a few suspension goodies (front and rear endlinks, diff bushing, sub frame bushings; have strut top bushings on the way). KW Variant 3 coilovers will be next.
Old 02-21-2007 | 11:41 PM
That's Racist

i remember on top gear, the vauxhall monaro vx-r ran pretty much the same if not better laptime as an m3....
Old 02-22-2007 | 06:07 AM
Drives With Hands

My friend's GTO... check out his next mod at the end of the video... i guess he is planning on doing that this year...
I'm getting the same TT kit from APS. We should compare notes.

The Monaro is renowned worldwide for what a package it is. It's just a shame we don't get the options they get (full coilovers, ap racing brakes; option straight from the factory).

I've got a tune and a few suspension goodies (front and rear endlinks, diff bushing, sub frame bushings; have strut top bushings on the way). KW Variant 3 coilovers will be next.
Have you given any thought to a full bushing package from Pedders or Noltec? Combine that with some Pedders springs (50% stiffer than stock) and GSR shocks and you can't appreciate the full handling envelope of the car without running some fat R-compound tires. Plus if you get a Pedders dealer to install them, they'll align your subframes, ensuring that your car won't do the crab walk - my rear cradle was off by over 1/4" from the factory!

With the way it handles and all the power it has, it doesn't seem anywhere close to a 4,000 pound car to me.
Old 02-22-2007 | 08:10 AM
Suzuka Master

nice to see the car back Scott. Looks very
Old 02-22-2007 | 09:34 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally Posted by rmpage

Have you given any thought to a full bushing package from Pedders or Noltec? Combine that with some Pedders springs (50% stiffer than stock) and GSR shocks and you can't appreciate the full handling envelope of the car without running some fat R-compound tires. Plus if you get a Pedders dealer to install them, they'll align your subframes, ensuring that your car won't do the crab walk - my rear cradle was off by over 1/4" from the factory!

With the way it handles and all the power it has, it doesn't seem anywhere close to a 4,000 pound car to me.

I'm highly interested in the KW Variant 3's. I'm not a big fan of pedders, mainly because i've never read ANYTHING good about them down on the AU boards. And that's across a few different model lines. But then again, you get great feedback here in the states, but I can't tell if that's because nothing is available along with a combination of JusticePetes "marketing" tactics. That said, I did spend some time looking at their packages yesterday and did order the strut top bushing as I believe mine are blown.

I have MidwestPD's Noltec Track/Strip package.
Old 02-22-2007 | 06:28 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Oh, I also don't like Pedders because I feel they lack engineering. I'd love to see the research they did on their kits. Anyone who sells just a kit for the front w/ 4 different height options and then a kit for the back w/ another 4 height options and says you can mix and match anyway you want and the car will handle fine is in my head
Old 02-22-2007 | 06:54 PM

I'm highly interested in the KW Variant 3's. I'm not a big fan of pedders, mainly because i've never read ANYTHING good about them down on the AU boards. And that's across a few different model lines. But then again, you get great feedback here in the states, but I can't tell if that's because nothing is available along with a combination of JusticePetes "marketing" tactics. That said, I did spend some time looking at their packages yesterday and did order the strut top bushing as I believe mine are blown.

KW Variant 3's

Right now I am working on suspension mods myself. Very much worth the money!
Old 02-24-2007 | 10:25 AM
Drives With Hands

There you go. The bushings make much more of a difference than springs seem to anyway. I'd highly recommend some X-member, rear cradle, and steering rack bushings in addition to what you've got. The steering rack bush in particular totally did away with that ~15 degree dead zone the steering wheel exhibits on the highway. Control is much more precise.