New Civic

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Civic

I am currently in the market of buying a 07 Civic Coupe LX manual transmission. Has anyone here bought an 07 Civic lately? And if so what price did they quote you on? Currently I have two internet quotes. The first one is for a 07 Civic Coupe LX with manual for 16855 not including fees. The other quote is for 16665 but is for a sedan. Any information would be really helfull. If this helps I live in Northern Cali.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
My co-worker has one of the 06 models. Hers was a bit more since she wanted a sun roof and navi. I like it. The interior is suprisingly roomy in the front at least. And she gets about 34 mpg. Can't beat that.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:53 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
My co-worker has one of the 06 models. Hers was a bit more since she wanted a sun roof and navi. I like it. The interior is suprisingly roomy in the front at least. And she gets about 34 mpg. Can't beat that.

Yeah thats the reason why I am looking into buying one. The Sticker price says I think 34 city and 38 Highway, which is good for commuting porposes.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:58 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by jc05tl
Yeah thats the reason why I am looking into buying one. The Sticker price says I think 34 city and 38 Highway, which is good for commuting porposes.
Definately good. Plus you get to use regular gas. If you commute a lot, why not get one that's a couple years old. You will save a lot on the sticker price and still get a reliable car. I mean for me, I will never buy a brand new car. I drive 25K to 30K a year. In a year the value of the car is shot.
Old 10-11-2006, 01:08 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
your better off going to the dealer and talking down the price. that price is definitly negotiable, especially for the LX trim. when i was in the market of geting a small compact car about 4 months ago, i was looking at the 06 models. i remember the price being closer to 15,000 after i spoke with the salesman.

go dealer hopping and look for the best deal. getting quotes online wont do much justice.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Definately good. Plus you get to use regular gas. If you commute a lot, why not get one that's a couple years old. You will save a lot on the sticker price and still get a reliable car. I mean for me, I will never buy a brand new car. I drive 25K to 30K a year. In a year the value of the car is shot.

Wow thats a good commute you have!!! I only commute 60 miles roundtrip.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:22 PM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Auto Civic gets better fuel economy than stick, iirc, at least for hwy.

$18k for a EX Civic Auto isn't unheard of.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:47 PM
I Know Right?

Originally Posted by aaronnn
your better off going to the dealer and talking down the price.
go dealer hopping and look for the best deal. getting quotes online wont do much justice.
This isn't necessarily true. I didn't have to do any in-person haggling when I bought my TSX and I feel like I got a good deal on it. I wasn't happy with the offer the closest dealer made in person when I was just shopping around so I just went on Edmunds and requested quotes from all the dealers in my area.

I got an e-mail from a different dealer that didn't have the color I wanted but they sent me an offer for an Internet price below invoice, so I called the first dealer that I went to that had what I was looking for and they beat it, no questions asked. They didn't even ask to see the price quote from the other dealer!
Old 10-12-2006, 08:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Piggy-backing on Civic thread

I just returned from Europe where I kept seeing the following Civics that I have never seen in the US.

Anyone know what the story is here? They are very nice looking and the owners love them.

The first is on the Holyhead to Dublin ferry (Ulysses):

And this was in Snowdonia in North Wales:

Old 10-12-2006, 09:39 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Xpditor
I just returned from Europe where I kept seeing the following Civics that I have never seen in the US.

Anyone know what the story is here? They are very nice looking and the owners love them.

The first is on the Holyhead to Dublin ferry (Ulysses):

Hey Xpditor, thanks for the pics!!! yeah those are only sold in europe, wish they would start selling them here.
Old 10-12-2006, 10:18 AM
Team Owner

Wow thats a good commute you have!!! I only commute 60 miles roundtrip.
Yeh, commute sucks some times. 3 days a week it's about 100 miles round trip and the other 2 it's about 140.
Old 10-12-2006, 11:18 AM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
the three door hatch civics are euro-only civics. they are great looking cars and definitly looks like fun to drive.

only problem is, in the US hatchbacks never do really well. theyre becoming hot now, but never really did as great as they do in europe. you remember the previous Civic SI? they made it into a hatchback and it barely sold.. coupes do alot better here in the states..
Old 10-12-2006, 12:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by aaronnn
the three door hatch civics are euro-only civics. they are great looking cars and definitly looks like fun to drive.

only problem is, in the US hatchbacks never do really well. theyre becoming hot now, but never really did as great as they do in europe. you remember the previous Civic SI? they made it into a hatchback and it barely sold.. coupes do alot better here in the states..

Yeah, I like hatchbacks there fun to drive. My sister has an SI Hatchback whenever I have the chance to drive her SI I love it. I like the concept of having the stickshift below the stereo very different.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
If you look closely, you will see that they are 4 doors. I just can't find the handle for the back door unless it's on the little quarter window pillar.

Strange indeed but cute.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:52 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
its a 5-door hatch

and if you check auto news forum you would've known what it is!
Old 10-12-2006, 01:19 PM
Advanced

I just got a quote from one of the dealers, 07 Civic Coupe LX with Manual Transmission for $16400 plus fees. The Interner manager is also willing to throw in a free oil change and a lovely gift. This is the lowest quote I have received so far.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Cruisin'

I just got a quote from one of the dealers, 07 Civic Coupe LX with Manual Transmission for $16400 plus fees. The Interner manager is also willing to throw in a free oil change and a lovely gift. This is the lowest quote I have received so far.
Find the person with the lowest quote, go to them physically and tell them you would like to buy today and start haggling. Whatever quote you getting now online is NOT the lowest they can go. Also it's best to get a drive out price, different dealers have different bs prices when it comes to how much you really pay. Worst case you go somewhere else to buy. No real haggling happens online.
Old 10-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by caldvn
Find the person with the lowest quote, go to them physically and tell them you would like to buy today and start haggling. Whatever quote you getting now online is NOT the lowest they can go. Also it's best to get a drive out price, different dealers have different bs prices when it comes to how much you really pay. Worst case you go somewhere else to buy. No real haggling happens online.

Thanks for the info Caldvn, I told him I was going in this weekend to discuss the quote. I am going to deal with him to see how low of a drop I can get on that 16400 price. I told another dealer that I had a quote for 16400 and he told me that the could match and maybe beat that price. We will see.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:04 PM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the info Caldvn, I told him I was going in this weekend to discuss the quote. I am going to deal with him to see how low of a drop I can get on that 16400 price. I told another dealer that I had a quote for 16400 and he told me that the could match and maybe beat that price. We will see.
It's a cat and mouse game, ideally you can do search on their currenty inventory online through their website, your best bet is the guy with the most inventory who will most likely be easier to deal with.

The other thing to note is...do some number crunching yourself. If you're financing, do some calculations, see what your current interest rate is on a loan, do a drive out number + your interest rate. I went to the dealer and told them this car and this much per month, "Can you do it?" they ran back came back and said yup. 30,800 drive out on 06 TL with 6.5% interest rate, better then what I got last year.

Basically punch some numbers around and decide what price you'll accept cause what caught me off guard really was not knowing what was willing to pay.
Old 10-12-2006, 02:15 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by caldvn
It's a cat and mouse game, ideally you can do search on their currenty inventory online through their website, your best bet is the guy with the most inventory who will most likely be easier to deal with.

The other thing to note is...do some number crunching yourself. If you're financing, do some calculations, see what your current interest rate is on a loan, do a drive out number + your interest rate. I went to the dealer and told them this car and this much per month, "Can you do it?" they ran back came back and said yup. 30,800 drive out on 06 TL with 6.5% interest rate, better then what I got last year.

Basically punch some numbers around and decide what price you'll accept cause what caught me off guard really was not knowing what was willing to pay.

I have a number in mind of how much I want to pay a month, just havent calculate the percentage. Thanks for the great tips. That is a reallt good deal on your TL!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 02:21 PM
Cruisin'

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef1765b
This is what I used to research prices on the TL, I bought mine last week, there's 1,000 usd dealer rebate.

http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/WebX/.eea7241
Use this, I haven't read it, it's for civic prices around the country.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:32 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
on the hatchback. Honda needs to bring it here.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:16 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
Originally Posted by Xpditor

Honda Type R'd this one for Europe, pretty hott looking...
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/14/r...c-type-r-pics/
Old 10-13-2006, 08:30 PM
Safety Car

I have a number in mind of how much I want to pay a month, just havent calculate the percentage. Thanks for the great tips. That is a reallt good deal on your TL!!!

try carsdirect.com
Old 10-16-2006, 09:55 AM
Advanced

So here's the update. I went shopping for the Civic on Saturday and came accross a good deal. I was able to workout a good deal at a local honda dealer. I got a 07 Civic Coupe LX 5-speed Galaxy Gray for $15400. I will post Pics of the car when I get a chance.
Old 10-17-2006, 12:12 AM

So here's the update. I went shopping for the Civic on Saturday and came accross a good deal. I was able to workout a good deal at a local honda dealer. I got a 07 Civic Coupe LX 5-speed Galaxy Gray for $15400. I will post Pics of the car when I get a chance.
Which dealer? Good chance I'm getting a Civic in the coming months and I'm in the Sac Metro area.
Old 10-17-2006, 09:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SodaLuvr
Which dealer? Good chance I'm getting a Civic in the coming months and I'm in the Sac Metro area.

Thats cool, hopefully you will get the Civic, its nice to have MP3 and AUX input, which I wish my TL had that. I bought the Civic here in stockton. What I would recommend doing is getting the lowest quote and sending that quote to the local dealers around. The lowest quote I got was from Honda livermore, so I used that quote to negotiate with my local dealer. Mel Rapton Honda was also pretty good to work with, They offered to match my lowest quote and on top of that, may not seem like much but they where willing to throw in a free oil change and a gift. The only reason why I didnt go there was because it was up in sac and didnt have the time to go up there. Plus what helped out alot was that my parents have bought two previous cars with stockton honda so that helped. Hope this info helps you.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:36 PM

Livermore gave me better prices compared to Stockton to start off with, but still:

07 Civic EX AT Sedan: $19,100
07 Civic LX AT Sedan: $17,418

That’s still $600-$800 over listed invoice, not great prices at all. My buddy purchased a 06 Civic LX AT Sedan for a bit under $17,000 six months ago, and someone on the Civic forum got a EX AT Sedan for $18,000 (06) few months ago. I’m sure I could push ‘em down a bit more if I started asking other dealers to match the quotes, but I’m not buying right now.

What price did Livermore give you originally?
Old 10-22-2006, 11:04 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
The Civic is a great car, you can't really go wrong.

I'm glad you got the manual though. I test drove both (ended up with an 06 Accord EX-V6 6MT), but the manual Civic was significantly peppier than the auto. It was also more fun to drive.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:51 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by SodaLuvr
Livermore gave me better prices compared to Stockton to start off with, but still:

07 Civic EX AT Sedan: $19,100
07 Civic LX AT Sedan: $17,418

That’s still $600-$800 over listed invoice, not great prices at all. My buddy purchased a 06 Civic LX AT Sedan for a bit under $17,000 six months ago, and someone on the Civic forum got a EX AT Sedan for $18,000 (06) few months ago. I’m sure I could push ‘em down a bit more if I started asking other dealers to match the quotes, but I’m not buying right now.

What price did Livermore give you originally?

the price that Livermore gave me was $16,400. But you also have to remember that my quote was for a 5 speed and not an Auto.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:52 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by youngTL
The Civic is a great car, you can't really go wrong.

I'm glad you got the manual though. I test drove both (ended up with an 06 Accord EX-V6 6MT), but the manual Civic was significantly peppier than the auto. It was also more fun to drive.

You got that right younTL, so far im loving the civic. I use to drive nothing but 5 speed until I bought the TL. I was missing the Manual so i knew I had to buy the Civic In Manual.
Old 10-24-2006, 06:26 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Young, you went with the Accord EX-V6 6MT? I assume you got this in sedan? After taking out the accord coupe v6 6MT after the Civic Si, I can't see how i could pick the accord. Obviously the need for a sedan would throw that out the window
Old 10-24-2006, 06:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Young got the Accord 6spd coupe... Closest thing out there to a CLS 6spd, so I can blame him
Old 10-26-2006, 01:46 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger
Young, you went with the Accord EX-V6 6MT? I assume you got this in sedan? After taking out the accord coupe v6 6MT after the Civic Si, I can't see how i could pick the accord. Obviously the need for a sedan would throw that out the window
Greeny is right, I got it. (btw the 6MT sedan isn't for sale in Canada yet)

Reasons over the Civic Si:

A) Luxury (heated seats are SO good in the winter here, heck, I've been using mine since September because it's cold up in Canada). Dual zone auto climate control is very nice too. I also like the perforated leather in the summer. Heated mirrors I use every morning (Civic has those too), and the power seat is nice. Also rides MUCH quieter.

B) I have a useable back seat. Ingress and egress isn't too hard in the Accord coupe.

C) Power to Fuel Economy ratio. I'm getting 10.2L/100km right now, driving average. That's VERY good for a car with 244hp and 211lb-ft tq.

D) VSA. Driving in the winter here sucks. Sometimes the roads don't get plowed for days.

E) Uses regular gas.

F) I prefer the exterior look of the Accord. It looks more grown up to me.

G) Insurance was actually lower than the Civic Si.

H) High power in a straight line while maintaining decent fuel economy suits my driving style.

I) Comfortable ride. I like it not too rough like the Civic but not too soft like the Camry. The Accord 6MT seems to balance that a little toward the sportier side but not quite as raw as the Civic. I took the car on a 1480km trip, and my back felt fine after, and I didn't feel all that bad. I drove it all in 1 day and it took over 15 hours. I had a rotation with my friend to sleep for a few hours, but it was great. I could sleep upright and properly buckled in the passenger seat, and it was nice and quiet (although not quiet like a Lexus, but an order of magnitude greater than the Civic. The Accord got extra sound deadening for 2006 which was huge improvemnt over the 2005).