82 podium finishes
130 top-10 finishes
28 track records
19 fastest race laps
11 sports car GT championships
4 manufacturer championships
3 driver titles, and
4 team titles for BMW PTG

Just thought it'd be cool to post this since it seems interesting....
Old 07-06-2001, 04:11 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I want one!
Old 07-06-2001, 04:17 PM
Firestarter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
and your point is???
Old 07-06-2001, 04:21 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yah, and? Move this post to a BMW forum. Where somebody gives.....
Old 07-06-2001, 04:26 PM
Banned

Guys like shockboltthrower and Zapata need to blow me!

This is a car discussion forum and as soon as you see something that you personally don't like you start flaming. Fuck you! Dumb shits like you piss me off! I just thought I'd share this since it looks like a nice car. I didn't mean to burst both of yours' 'Acura CL is the only car I can talk about' bubble....sorry!

EDIT: Bitches!

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: M3Sins ]
Old 07-06-2001, 04:28 PM
aka davo-tsx

Is that from the American LeMans series?
Old 07-06-2001, 04:33 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by M3Sins:
<STRONG>Guys like shockboltthrower and Zapata need to blow me!

This is a car discussion forum and as soon as you see something that you personally don't like you start flaming. Fuck you! Dumb shits like you piss me off! I just thought I'd share this since it looks like a nice car. I didn't mean to burst both of yours' 'Acura CL is the only car I can talk about' bubble....sorry!

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: M3Sins ]</STRONG>
While this is a "car discussion" forum, it's specifically meant for Acuras. Even more specifically, the Acura CL (as evidenced by the url and title of the site). I think they previous posters have a point. I mean, if everyone on here were to post about every other car they thought was a "cool car" we would be flooded. There is a "ramblings" and "other" forum for non-Acura CL discussion that you should be using for posts such as this.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:37 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

M3Sins,
a little sensitive? You post a pic of the car and all these stats? What is/was purpose? Everybody here knows that the M3 is a nice car. Your purpose was either to tell us what we already knew or to instigate some type of response. It would be like somebody posting the results or stats of the NSX or Audi in the BMW forum without anything else. SO, FUCK YOU. I know my acura isn't king shit....never said it was and never will say that. So calm down.
Old 07-06-2001, 04:38 PM
do it yourself, !

Whatever. Don't pay mind to peeps like that. Those are the ones that really wanted a bimmer but had to settle for Acura. We talk about Maxiams and other cars and no one complains about that. Just some bitterness I guess... That car is sweet tho..makes me want to get a widebody kit for my cl-s. Don't know much about those types of race cars so thats all i gotta say..peace
Old 07-06-2001, 04:40 PM
Pro

M3SINS is right. I really don't know what you guys are thinking, but this IS A CAR FORUM. Are you guys trying to say that the only pictures that should be posted here are pictures of CL's? I dont think so. That picture of the 2000 M3 GT is fucking gorgeous..
Old 07-06-2001, 04:53 PM
Banned

Your an idiot, also, is that 5.94 sec. 0-60 w/ JUST the lighter wheels? I didn't know that knocking off .6 to .8 seconds off a 0-60 time would require just for me to take out my spare in the back (which weighs 42lbs)! Woohoo! I'll do that and then I'll have a 4.9 sec. M3 stock WITH a FULL tank of gas!

Guys who know me know how much respect I have for the CLS, however if your running stock with just 47.2lbs lighter an running 5.94s, I think something is not right. That of course is only from your signature! BTW, we got guys here with headers/CAI who are running 6.1 or 6s and your running 5.94!!!! Best mod in the world for the Acura CLS is discovered by you my friend, just lose 47.2 lbs and you'll save the price of headers/CAI.

Originally posted by Technique:
<STRONG>

While this is a "car discussion" forum, it's specifically meant for Acuras. Even more specifically, the Acura CL (as evidenced by the url and title of the site). I think they previous posters have a point. I mean, if everyone on here were to post about every other car they thought was a "cool car" we would be flooded. There is a "ramblings" and "other" forum for non-Acura CL discussion that you should be using for posts such as this.</STRONG>
Old 07-06-2001, 05:01 PM
Drifting

Personally I like to read up on different cars. There's only so much you can say about a CL, and thats a fact.

Spiro
Old 07-06-2001, 05:14 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

langjae,
Fuck you too. How are you going to tell me what I want and could and couldn't afford. I wouldn't buy a BMW because of the fucking attitude I'd have to put up with at a dealership. This doesn't mean that i think it's a bad car. I have no problem with people posting pic's of other cars or even discussing other cars. Take note of the discussion that took place about the M3,Z06,Boxter-S. My problem is when people post pics with just stats. Who gives a flying fuck with the M3 has done so far. M3Sins never made his statement within any context. That's like walking up to the Mac booth at Comdex and rattling off hardware specs of the latest greatest Intel PC and walking away. WTF?!@?!?@ What is the purpose? When we asked him what he meant by the post he went off on me and how i should blow him. Fuck him and fuck you. He still hasn't said what he meant by the post. IF he meant to say that the M3 is doing well, then that's great but what relevance does it have on this ACURA-CL.COM website? That would be like me going to the bmwexperience.com site and posting shit about the NSX in the touring car division.
Old 07-06-2001, 05:18 PM
Banned

Make sure you post a cool pic with those stats for the NSX
Originally posted by Zapata:
<STRONG>langjae,
Fuck you too. How are you going to tell me what I want and could and couldn't afford. I wouldn't buy a BMW because of the fucking attitude I'd have to put up with at a dealership. This doesn't mean that i think it's a bad car. I have no problem with people posting pic's of other cars or even discussing other cars. Take note of the discussion that took place about the M3,Z06,Boxter-S. My problem is when people post pics with just stats. Who gives a flying fuck with the M3 has done so far. M3Sins never made his statement within any context. That's like walking up to the Mac booth at Comdex and rattling off hardware specs of the latest greatest Intel PC and walking away. WTF?!@?!?@ What is the purpose? When we asked him what he meant by the post he went off on me and how i should blow him. Fuck him and fuck you. He still hasn't said what he meant by the post. IF he meant to say that the M3 is doing well, then that's great but what relevance does it have on this ACURA-CL.COM website? That would be like me going to the bmwexperience.com site and posting shit about the NSX in the touring car division.</STRONG>
Old 07-06-2001, 05:20 PM
Advanced

It's kinda like being in a rival gang's neighborhood. You don't yell to crips that your a blood.

Unless of course you drive a fast car and can get away with it, like M3Sins and myself...
Old 07-06-2001, 05:39 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

Yo! Everyone needs to relax. It's a great picture of a sweet looking car. If you don't like it, move on. No need to fly off the handle. IMO, M3Sins is a productive member of this board even though he doesn't drive a CL-S. I'm in no way offended by this post and I don't think anyone else should either. It is in no way a slap in the face to say that BMW's race team is doing well this year. Is it? Just relax and enjoy the information or ignore it!

Have a great day!
Old 07-06-2001, 05:39 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

M3Sins,
You know I was trying to find the pic of Cunningham's NSX and got busy at work. hehe
Old 07-06-2001, 05:44 PM
Advanced

good pic
Old 07-06-2001, 05:46 PM
SatinCL

Take it easy, Francis.

You're right.....this is Car Talk. We went through this before and "management" decided Car Talk is just that. Whatever is relevant to automotive enthusiasm.....not just the CL.

But don't ya think that they may have just been fucking with you? Time to change the pad.

It's all good. Flame on.

[ 07-06-2001: Message edited by: SatinCL ]
Old 07-06-2001, 05:55 PM
Dub Driver

Sweet car. Like the color too.

How about we call it the BMW M3 GT Acura-cl.com edition ? Everyone happy ?
Old 07-06-2001, 05:58 PM
Instructor

I would bet lots of the stats you posted even included races from the late 80's for the E30 M3. Is that the M5 engined M3 that the other Speedvision GT cars successfully got banned? Losers.

Anyway, the 4.0 liter V8 M3's will be at Sears Point July 21-22 to take on the Porsches. They have always handled better than the Porsches and now they have more power. See yah.

That NSX is doing very well in Speedvision. The M3's in that series are nowhere near as expensive as the ALMS cars. One of the old Gt M3's was bought by some guys here in Northern California and they have been running it in NASA races. It still has Auberlen's name on the side. It is a screamer and should be for $100k.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:01 PM
Instructor

Personally, I have no problem with the posting of this specific picture. Unless you watch Speedvision or buy magazines, you don't get to see that kind of car often.
Now, if it was a plain, overpriced, POS 328 or 330, then I'd be pissed.

Nice picture.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:03 PM
Burning Brakes

M3Sins has made lots of constructive posts and contributions to this forum. There was no antagonism in his post and he clearly titled what it contained. No one should be offended. If you don't like the post - ignore it. Don't come out with both guns blazing about your interpretation of what should or should not be included in a public forum. Personally I like reading about interesting Honda, Acura, Nissan, and BMW news. These cars compete with ours and therefore are relevant to CL discussions.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Here is a pic of that one at Thunderhill. Oh, for some Acura content, there was a real quick Type R in my run group last weekend. I even let the guy pass me. :-)[IMG] http://headonphotos.nasaproracing.com/Galleries/NASA-052001/na1173/na1173-31.jpg[/IMG]
Old 07-06-2001, 06:04 PM
Instructor

one more try

Old 07-06-2001, 06:09 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

BarryH,
Guns blazing?????? I asked what he meant by the post and he told me to blow him. He said the stats were interesting.....IN WHAT CONTEXT? Seriously people, i'm talking about carring on a discussion that makes sense. My point is proven by the fact people are asking questions about his post.
Old 07-06-2001, 06:30 PM
Burning Brakes

<STRONG>Your an idiot, also, is that 5.94 sec. 0-60 w/ JUST the lighter wheels? I didn't know that knocking off .6 to .8 seconds off a 0-60 time would require just for me to take out my spare in the back (which weighs 42lbs)! Woohoo! I'll do that and then I'll have a 4.9 sec. M3 stock WITH a FULL tank of gas!

Guys who know me know how much respect I have for the CLS, however if your running stock with just 47.2lbs lighter an running 5.94s, I think something is not right. That of course is only from your signature! BTW, we got guys here with headers/CAI who are running 6.1 or 6s and your running 5.94!!!! Best mod in the world for the Acura CLS is discovered by you my friend, just lose 47.2 lbs and you'll save the price of headers/CAI.

</STRONG>
Why don't you respond to what I said instead of what's in my signature?

Also, you have just made yourself look like an idiot because removing ~ 50lbs of UNSPRUNG weight is completely different than removing 50 lbs of dead weight.

3 different types of weight in an automobile:

1) Inertial
2) Unsprung
3) Dead

Intertial are moving parts, like piston heads and pullies.

Unsprung is wheel/tire weight (i.e. - Weight that is not supported by the springs of a car)

Dead weight = everything else

And, the 5.94 seconds was done with a g-tech pro at a meet with about 30 people present.

But dude, seriously, why are you so defensive? I wasn't attacking you or anything, just pointing out why some people might be pissed. You gotta learn to relax bro and stop attacking everyone and accusing them of lying for every little thing.
Old 07-06-2001, 07:37 PM
Drifting

E30 M3 now there's a real car. My friend had one, and we used to race all the time with my Integ. Stock he ran a 14.9.

Originally posted by 91M5:
<STRONG>I would bet lots of the stats you posted even included races from the late 80's for the E30 M3. Is that the M5 engined M3 that the other Speedvision GT cars successfully got banned? Losers.

Anyway, the 4.0 liter V8 M3's will be at Sears Point July 21-22 to take on the Porsches. They have always handled better than the Porsches and now they have more power. See yah.

That NSX is doing very well in Speedvision. The M3's in that series are nowhere near as expensive as the ALMS cars. One of the old Gt M3's was bought by some guys here in Northern California and they have been running it in NASA races. It still has Auberlen's name on the side. It is a screamer and should be for $100k.</STRONG>
Old 07-06-2001, 07:44 PM
Firestarter

M3Sins:

As usual you responded exactly the way i thought you would. I have been watching your posts for quite some time and I am pretty sure i got you pegged. My "your point is??" comment was little more than something to keep your ego in check. Respect for the CL or not, you get a thrill out of boasting your CL "veteran" status (is A-CL.com supposed to give you some sort of senoir citizen discount?) and flaunting how much better the M3 is. Well, we all know that already and for a significantly more expensive car, it better damn well be.
It is certainly a car i can't afford and one i would like have. However, I lose little sleep over it, nor am i compelled to go on other forums and sing the glories of the CL. I like my car, but to me it is just that...a car. I don't use it to pick up chicks and I don't use it for racing. so I am quite comfortable with the fact that there are superior cars than mine.
Fact is, whether you posted those stats under the guise of being informative or just to be an obnoxious prick matters little to me. You made a post and i responded. I didn't dispute it, just questioned your motives. Don't like my response? Too bad.
Now, to address the topic of blowing you. If you aren't getting enough poon tang that you have to ask another guy to blow you, then perhaps there are other forums that you can check in with.
However, should you feel the need to say something to that effect and direct at me again, then please don't be a pussy about it and make a trip to NJ where we can designate a place and I'll be happy to show how we deal loud mouths like you in my neighborhood. No buddies for back up, no weapons, just you and I in a little hand to hand combat.
If that isn't feasible for you, then I'd suggest you reconsider your comments next time. alright there, buddy??
Old 07-06-2001, 08:13 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by shockboltthrower:
<STRONG>M3Sins:

As usual you responded exactly the way i thought you would. I have been watching your posts for quite some time and I am pretty sure i got you pegged. My "your point is??" comment was little more than something to keep your ego in check. Respect for the CL or not, you get a thrill out of boasting your CL "veteran" status (is A-CL.com supposed to give you some sort of senoir citizen discount?) and flaunting how much better the M3 is. Well, we all know that already and for a significantly more expensive car, it better damn well be.
It is certainly a car i can't afford and one i would like have. However, I lose little sleep over it, nor am i compelled to go on other forums and sing the glories of the CL. I like my car, but to me it is just that...a car. I don't use it to pick up chicks and I don't use it for racing. so I am quite comfortable with the fact that there are superior cars than mine.
Fact is, whether you posted those stats under the guise of being informative or just to be an obnoxious prick matters little to me. You made a post and i responded. I didn't dispute it, just questioned your motives. Don't like my response? Too bad.
Now, to address the topic of blowing you. If you aren't getting enough poon tang that you have to ask another guy to blow you, then perhaps there are other forums that you can check in with.
However, should you feel the need to say something to that effect and direct at me again, then please don't be a pussy about it and make a trip to NJ where we can designate a place and I'll be happy to show how we deal loud mouths like you in my neighborhood. No buddies for back up, no weapons, just you and I in a little hand to hand combat.
If that isn't feasible for you, then I'd suggest you reconsider your comments next time. alright there, buddy??</STRONG>
LOL!!! Good one man.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Yes, the E30 M3 is still fast even by today's standards. It is loud and buzzy but it was really a de-tuned racecar. It is very light and nimble and rwd. What could be better?

Older //M engines, before the E36 M3, all had the multipe-throttle body engines which give great performance at high rpm. The predecessors to variable valve and cam timing. That is why, even today, my engine's number hold up (3.6 liters, 311hp stock). Problem is, everyone thinks I have 400hp because they weren't aware there was one prior to the new one. Sigh.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:22 PM
Burning Brakes

Yikes! When did this all become personal? I'm on this board a lot and I agree that some of the personalities and opinions aren't always to my liking. But geez, "blow me", "hand-to-hand combat", socio-economic references? Let's talk about cars. It's far more interesting.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:40 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by BarryH:
<STRONG>Yikes! When did this all become personal? I'm on this board a lot and I agree that some of the personalities and opinions aren't always to my liking. But geez, "blow me", "hand-to-hand combat", socio-economic references? Let's talk about cars. It's far more interesting.</STRONG>
Very much agree....

Beltfed
01 CL-S
00 Viper GTS
Old 07-06-2001, 08:44 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by shockboltthrower:
<STRONG>M3Sins:

If that isn't feasible for you, then I'd suggest you reconsider your comments next time. alright there, buddy??</STRONG>
Did you know this information can be used against you in a court of law?

...and knowing is half the battle.
Old 07-06-2001, 08:47 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

Originally posted by Beltfed:
<STRONG>

Very much agree....

</STRONG>
I'm with you on this one! Can't we all just get along? {passes joint}
Old 07-06-2001, 10:13 PM
6SPDCLS

I'll rape you with my 911. BMW price gouging sucks massive cock. The only reason I'd buy a BMW is if I had a shit load of money to spend...I'd rather buy an MB AMG instead...

By the way, I hear lots of shit about the new M3 having problems...and what is up with the $25,000 markup?

<STRONG>Your an idiot, also, is that 5.94 sec. 0-60 w/ JUST the lighter wheels? I didn't know that knocking off .6 to .8 seconds off a 0-60 time would require just for me to take out my spare in the back (which weighs 42lbs)! Woohoo! I'll do that and then I'll have a 4.9 sec. M3 stock WITH a FULL tank of gas!

</STRONG>
Old 07-07-2001, 01:18 AM
Cost Drivers!!!!

NOt sure about the violence but I'm with stockbottlethrower dude. It's obvious what M3Sins intentions were. We called him on it and he wanted people to give him oral. Don't start flamming bottlethrower and I.
Old 07-07-2001, 06:20 AM
Banned

Something for the guys who believe they own this board:

Acura CL is the best car in the world. Don't compare it to any other car out there. Our car is the only one you can talk about on this forum. No maximas, no S4s, no M3s, none other than our beloved Acura CLS.

My motives for starting this topic:

I wanted to start a flame war because I was bored. I should have known that there were hardcore Acura CLS guys here and I should have known that these little weenies wouldn't like to know anything out of the box. I'm sorry, I won't post anymore about any other car. Acura CLS is all I will dream about and forget other cars exist which "MIGHT" be comparable.
Old 07-07-2001, 06:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
<STRONG>Something for the guys who believe they own this board:

Acura CL is the best car in the world. Don't compare it to any other car out there. Our car is the only one you can talk about on this forum. No maximas, no S4s, no M3s, none other than our beloved Acura CLS.

My motives for starting this topic:

I wanted to start a flame war because I was bored. I should have known that there were hardcore Acura CLS guys here and I should have known that these little weenies wouldn't like to know anything out of the box. I'm sorry, I won't post anymore about any other car. Acura CLS is all I will dream about and forget other cars exist which "MIGHT" be comparable. </STRONG>

_______

I thought my car was the best the first day i bought my car... but i want a new car the next week...I M GOnna trade my car in for an european car for sure......

By the way... M3sin.... i love that new M3 GT.. i will trade my car wiht it any time any day =)

Oh by the way guys,, i just saw a new red M3 convertible today.. i was like WHAT ??? CONVERTIBLE IS OUT ALREADY???? looked nice......
Old 07-07-2001, 06:41 AM
Racer

</STRONG>
YO M3Sins, I agree with you and don't mind (actually enjoy) the cool pictures people post of cars I may not have necessarily seen in a magazine. However, you crossed the line for saying shit like that. I was there the day Technique pulled that time, and I can attest to it. With my setup, I ran a 5.90, so the only discrepancy then is with the GTech, which is claimed to be only +-.1 of a second.

Second, you proved how limited your knowledge is by not considering the difference between reducing unsprung and sprung weight.

Next time, shut your mouth unless you have done it yourself!

Quick Reply: New 2001 BMW M3 GT ***Picture***