Need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 02:43 AM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help!!

I've been googling for a month straight about a issue I am dealing with my 8th gen accord coupe v6 and can't seem to find ANY solution AT ALL!!. So I went to the dealer to diagnose the brakes and long story short, I changed them using Akebono pads and Centric rotors. Since a year and a half they have been work perfectly except for this one particular noise. It is not a squeal but more like a metal grinding noise that goes while driving and it still makes the noise even while braking. It only happens when I drive more than 10 minutes, highway braking or heavy braking or when the brakes are hot. Put my car on jack stands and I lubed up the slider pins with Silicone paste and put copper anti seize on the pads contact points and also changed the hardware and lubed it up. The pins slides freely and easy and I torqued up everything at it's proper specs. I also pushed away the dust shield. The noise was still present so WHAT CAN IT BE!!!!! Don't say bring it to a dealer because the brakes are all perfect and not sticking as the pads are ceramic and looked like it still has 85% left. Rotors look brand new and I properly did the break-in procedure. I will post the links to the video. Sorry for the sound of the exhaust

and
even makes the noise while reversing
Old 08-30-2017, 06:04 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Push the dust shields back away from the inside face of the rotors.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 6,882 Likes on 3,492 Posts
^^^ this
Old 08-30-2017, 07:14 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
He said he already moved the dust shield out of the way.
I would check that the shims/clips that hold the pad in place (assuming it has them) are not rubbing against the rotor. Sometimes the pads aren't pushed in completely.

IIRC correctly I used Akebono pads on my TL once and had to reuse the OEM shims/clips instead of the Akebono ones. I think they rubbed.

Last edited by NSXNEXT; 08-30-2017 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:01 AM
iWhine S/C 6MT TL

Received 2,563 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by NSXNEXT
He said he already moved the dust shield out of the way.
I would check that the shims/clips that hold the pad in place (assuming it has them) are not rubbing against the rotor. Sometimes the pads aren't pushed in completely.

IIRC correctly I used Akebono pads on my TL once and had to reuse the OEM shims/clips instead of the Akebono ones. I think they rubbed.
Yes, I did read that..

However it still sounds as if the dust shield are rubbing. The best thing he can do, is remove the caliper bracket, remove the pads, remove the rotors and inspect for rub marks on the lower part of the dust shields, the rotors and the caliper brackets. In super rare occasions, I've seen people use new caliper bracket bolts which are a few mm's longer than the OEM bolts and have hit the surface of the rotor just enough to sound as if the dust shields are rubbing.

Either way keep us posted.
Old 08-31-2017, 11:59 AM

Received 9,495 Likes on 6,167 Posts
You know nothing, Jon Snow.