Name your biggest pet peeve while driving

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 03:43 PM
Swift 3 B-A-N-G-E-R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You 'boutgets all uhdem. None left fuh me to say... Sheeit!
Old 02-18-2005, 05:01 PM
registered !!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
People Talkin On Cell Phone While Driving !! And Consequently Going 20 Mph Under The Speed Limit On The Left Lane !!!! Arghhhhhhhhh
Old 02-18-2005, 05:01 PM
o-qua tangin wann

Originally Posted by alleyesonmeee
My biggest pet peeve while driving is everyone else on the road with me, unless they are nice and let me in a lane or something.
Well said.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:05 PM
Banned

Sometimes I wonder why we mod our cars to go fast when those idiots driving in the left lane don't move over. Its like pedal to the metal for a few seconds, then let go of the gas. Etc.
Old 02-18-2005, 05:06 PM
Registered Big Dog

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
confused people...
old people...
cell phone people that drive slow because they cant multitask...
being cut off...
Old 02-18-2005, 05:17 PM
is learning to moonwalk i

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
with all of the above. Plus:

When traffic is really slow, you get to an on ramp merge and someone behind you pulls into the merge lane to get 3 cars ahead. I do my best to block them.

When people KNOW they want to make a turn, but purposely get into a different lane and then they merge at the last minute. I do my best to block them.

This thread has me all pissed off now. I might have to go back and change my answer to the "would you kill someone if you could get away with it" thread
Old 02-18-2005, 05:34 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
I really hate pulling up behind someone at a light and that person wants to make a left...except he didn't signal until the light turns green, so you end up waiting behind him when you could've gone onto the next free lane.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Masshole

People who throw cigarette butts out the window.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:39 PM
Race Director

Ok, I'm going to play devil's advocate here, people who don't signal, that seems to be the biggest response. Altho I always signal everytime w/o fail, it doesn't bother me that other people do not. It's kinda annoying at times, but I'm not going to have a stroke over it. Why is this such a big problem if it doesn't cause an accident?

To me, signaling is like speeding. It's optional. You don't like people who don't signal, other people don't like you who speed. We both live with it.
Old 02-18-2005, 06:49 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ugly women making up their faces more ugly looking in the mirror behind the driver sun visor. When I see these kind in my rear view mirror, at a stop light, it scares the shit out of me that she's going to run into me.
Old 02-18-2005, 07:09 PM
Masshole

Originally Posted by kensteele
Ok, I'm going to play devil's advocate here, people who don't signal, that seems to be the biggest response. Altho I always signal everytime w/o fail, it doesn't bother me that other people do not. It's kinda annoying at times, but I'm not going to have a stroke over it. Why is this such a big problem if it doesn't cause an accident?

To me, signaling is like speeding. It's optional. You don't like people who don't signal, other people don't like you who speed. We both live with it.
<rant>
My personal view about the lack of signal is rude. Many people don't signal because they don't care to inform you that they are going to cut you off. It happens all the time...I'll be moving along in the fast lane and someone wants over, so they just cut over causing me, and the other people behind me to slow down.

Then there are the folks who like to squeeze in because they don't want to get stuck behind slow traffic, and just pull right on over. Then there are the drivers who make an error by missing their exit and expect everyone else to be inconvenienced as you cut someone off. WTF, suck up your mistake and go one more exit down and turn around. Don't cut me off; it wasn't my fault you suck at driving. I mean really, is it so hard to turn the blinker on next time...you might get lucky and someone will let you in? I'm 90% more likely to let a driver over when I see a signal. If it doesn't make sense to slow down to let someone in, I don't, but otherwise I will.

You can tell when people are trying to work their way over to squeeze in, and I don't let them. Had they signaled "which I symbolize as a 'please may I move over'" I would let them.

The largest problem with cars is communication. Everyone is protected in their little bubble, and no one is scared when they are rude. if you were walking down the street, you'd be less likely to be such an ass. Some people still are, but they're the ones they get the shit kicked out of them when the bump into the wrong person.
</rant>
Old 02-18-2005, 08:30 PM
Health's Angels

Originally Posted by corbs
People who can't pick a speed and stick with it. . . typical situation: Guy changes lanes infront of you and drives decidedly slower than you were, say 50 in a 55 zone. You try to pass the guy and they speed up. He finally lets up and you pass them. Then ten miles down the road he passes you going 75, then you pass him a little while later cause he driving 50 again. . . That's just F'in stewpit.
see this all the time, and I use my cruise control, so I know its them changing speeds
Old 02-18-2005, 08:44 PM
i souport publik edekason

Cool

I have many...

But as with many here my all time least favorite is the lack of using a blinker...

BLINKER M@#$^%!#$% FUC@#!$!@% BLINKER

It's not like it was an option on your fucking car... we all have them so fucking use them...

Ok I'm done now... thanks

Ciao
Old 02-18-2005, 08:47 PM
Pinky all stinky

Received 189 Likes on 117 Posts
You also gotta love the ones who try to squeeze in when you try to make a turn.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:01 PM
CLanty-eyed

i hate getting cut off.

out of town drivers who have no clue where they're going and go realllllly slow. and stop at stop signs for like 5 minutes deciding which way to turn. and there's no way to pass them.

how do you make one of the nation's worst traffic locations even more worse? just add water

everything else is just another chance to play racecar for a few seconds
Old 02-18-2005, 09:56 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by CLpower
people who don't use a turn signal

drives me fucking nutz

and tailgators
Old 02-19-2005, 12:24 AM
chronic lurker...

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Everyone
Old 02-19-2005, 01:52 AM
I shoot people

Received 2,811 Likes on 1,413 Posts
I know pedistrians have the right of way... but I fuckin' hate when they take their time when there's like a freakin' long line of cars waiting for them to cross... I'm sorry, but unless you're an elderly person or physically challenged person... and you see a line of cars waitin' on your ass... SPEED THE FUCK UP... especially high schoolers... they'll purposely slow down and take their time just to make you wait... I know one of these days I'll get a ticket for it... but I usually zip pass them, being like a foot away, just to make a point. it's even worst when the sign's flashing the DON'T WALK symbol.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:38 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by creationCL
how do you make one of the nation's worst traffic locations even more worse? just add water
What's it like to drive around Seattle in the rain?

Sorry folks, I'm from Michigan ... where blinkers are unnecessary, just like front license plates, toll roads, and all that frou-frou.
Old 02-20-2005, 04:22 AM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by CLpower
people who don't use a turn signal

drives me fucking nutz
yep. and people who dont wave after you let them change into your lane.
Old 02-20-2005, 05:05 AM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
The thing I hate most is when I'm going about 10 or 11 km/h OVER the speed limit, and on a three lane road in the city, and I'm in the centre lane or something, and the "prepare to stop" lights start flashing. So naturally I start to slow down, and then some asshole rips by me in the right lane and cuts me off, just so he or she can be the first in the lane against the light. I mean, give me a break, there is only 100m or so between the prepare to stop lights and the actual lights. I always have to slam on the brakes. Also keep in mind photo radar is VERY common here so I don't want to speed up any more (they set it to exactly 12km/h over).
Old 02-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
people who talk on the cell phone while driving
people who make a right turn from a cross street, cutting me off and then going 10pmh
people who just drive slow in general
people who leave their turn signals on for like 10 miles
people who when in the left lane and you're behind them, wait for the light to turn green THEN turn on their left turn signal and hold up traffic

cant really think of more right now, but im sure theres so much more
Old 02-20-2005, 06:18 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
its weird up here people will pull out in front of you ALL the time, they drive like inbred idiots. i fear for my life. people also cross over the median and kill others allthe time. i just don't understand how people cant keep control of their vehicle.

when i am back home in allentown i am not scared for my life, and there are concrete barriers in the median
never move to williamsport
Old 02-20-2005, 06:19 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
Originally Posted by Handruin
<rant>

The largest problem with cars is communication. </rant>

i agree 100%
edit: now if we could get the remaining 80% of the driving public to understand this we would be great
Old 02-20-2005, 09:14 AM
Banned

Some asswipe in a Ford F-150 flashed me last night after I pulled into his lane on I-90. I was going much faster than he was and didn't cut him off. Maybe the Lorain Assembly types don't like Acuras or other imports.

Ohio drivers aren't bad, just kinda lazy and get indignant. None of them would last very long in Michigan. Western Pennsylvania drivers are okay.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Ugh, here in PA the drivers CAN NOT keep a constant speed. On the interstates they will go from 65 to 40 to 55 down to 45 to 80 and backdown to 55 again. Its so frickin annoying. That and they cant merge worth a crap. PA drivers are worse then NJ drivers.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:48 AM
Banned

For whatever reason, I insist on differentiating between western PA drivers and eastern PA drivers. Pittsburgh drivers seem okay in my book.
Old 02-20-2005, 10:32 AM
Instructor

-cars that block intersections when they know they can't make it across before it turns red
-cars who leave their blinkers on for the last 10 minutes
-people who act like a$$holes on the road because their significant other dumped them
-those who should be banned from driving SUV's or any car for that matter
-women who talk on the cell phone driving behind me scares the crap outta me
-cars that weave in and out and end up getting no where but tailgating some poor old folk
-cars that have a taillight so bright that it appears to be a brake light
-cars that have no taillights
-cars leaving their highbeams on driving on the opposite side towards you
-cars that seem to have no idea where they're going and have no idea that there are other cars behind them during the last 15 minutes on a 2-way street.
-cars that endanger other peoples' lives
-cars that look like undercover police cars because they are white and have that light on the side of their mirrors
Old 02-20-2005, 10:51 AM
"L-I-V-I-N"

Those fucking bright ass blue headlights that fancy cars how nowdays. I don't know if y'alls Acuras have them but I fucking HATE those things. Blinding oncoming traffic is NOT a safe thing for your car to be doing.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:57 AM
Registered Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dislike the DMV. It is insanely too easy to get your license, and if the test was harder, drivers would be better. A girl I know got points off for lack of speed control, not paying attention, not signaling to turn (on red) and something else that I don't recall, and still got a 92 or 93. That is crazy.

People who don't have brake lights bug me, or people who slow down without the brakes (downshifting, not just letting off the gas) especially at night or in bad conditions.

And a lot of what other people have said. No need to repeat it all. I typically look for people that drive like an ass, and do something to endanger me, and then do whatever I can to piss them off
Old 02-20-2005, 12:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by NewAgePirate
Those fucking bright ass blue headlights that fancy cars how nowdays. I don't know if y'alls Acuras have them but I fucking HATE those things. Blinding oncoming traffic is NOT a safe thing for your car to be doing.
I'm going to insert the stock boilerplate response here: "you just have Xenon envy. That's okay, not everybody can have them."

I saw a TSX last night pull out and make a left in front of me in Lakewood with the Xenons on. Very nice light. Not exactly the best in my rearview mirrors though... do the new Siennas have them as an option? I coulda swore that was a Sienna following me down Richmond Road last night in Beachwood, with those damn blue lights right in my rearview mirrors.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NewAgePirate
perhaps they wernt aimed correctly, xenon lights shouldnt be a problem if theyre aimed correctly. its just those idiots that buy hid kits and install them themeselves without proper aiming that are prolly pissing you off
Old 02-20-2005, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KLepTo
perhaps they wernt aimed correctly, xenon lights shouldnt be a problem if theyre aimed correctly. its just those idiots that buy hid kits and install them themeselves without proper aiming that are prolly pissing you off
But what about Xenons on SUVs if you're in a car? Pointed right at your eyes.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
asians.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:26 PM
8-)
...just another stooge...

Great list. Agree with it all.

I just really, really hate it when people litter from their car (or anywhere else). Especially butts.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:28 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
*People who stop at the first gas pump instead of pulling through to the second one so that someone else can use the first one
You got to be ccarefule about that one - If you don't see it happening don't assume. Sometimes when I'm gassing in the second slot and the car parked in first spot has finished and driven off - and I get some mofo driving in and looking at me all crazy casue he thinks I should have pulled forward. I'd walk over to him and ask him wtf is his problem except that I'm too old too be starting shit at a gas station.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by corbs
People who can't pick a speed and stick with it. . . typical situation: Guy changes lanes infront of you and drives decidedly slower than you were, say 50 in a 55 zone. You try to pass the guy and they speed up. He finally lets up and you pass them. Then ten miles down the road he passes you going 75, then you pass him a little while later cause he driving 50 again. . . That's just F'in stewpit.
that's a good one.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 8-)
Great list. Agree with it all.

I just really, really hate it when people litter from their car (or anywhere else). Especially butts.
It's disgusting and irresponsible.

Whoever started bishing about the gas pump situation needs to take a deep breath.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:31 PM
Banned

people stop and wait to make fucking LEFT TURN at a spot that blocks all cars behind it and there is endless traffic coming the other way.

yeah I know - not their fault really but hoho they would pick the best spots and the best time to do that.
Old 02-20-2005, 07:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

I usually signal to be considerate..but,

I will not signal if you are tailing me for no reason. By no reason I mean if there are cars in front of me and I can't go anywhere, or if I am in the slow lane going speed limit. If you tailgate me in those situations, I will not only not signal, but I will brake hard without warning before I make my turn. IMO, tailgaters are twice as rude as people who don't signal.

And mofos who drive irresponsibly in their SUV's piss me off too. If you have one, you should not be tailgating people or cutting people off or drving crazy- you're gonna f*ckin kill someone. Learn from truckers who for the most part drive with courtesy, especially knowing the weight of their vehvile leaves noone with a chance.

Quick Reply: Name your biggest pet peeve while driving