My problems with BMW and my cancelled M3

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2002, 02:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
My problems with BMW and my cancelled M3

THIS IS A MUST READ FOR POTENTIAL BMW BUYERS:

In retrospect I should have never ordered the M3 since my first taste of BMW was back when I looked at the 328ci and got a cold response. The best was when I went to OPEN ROAD BMW in Edison, walked in, told them I wanted an M3, the dickhead salesguy hands me a fucking brochure on ///M cars and walks away. I tossed the brochure at the Z8 parked in the showroom and walked out.

Then... my tranny went on the CL and I took it to Park Ave Acura, took my rental and drove over the Park Ave BMW. I dealt with a guy named Mike and ordered my Imola Red fully loaded, I mean EVERYTHING. Came out to a clean 60K and was told late November.

A few weeks ago I shared with some of my forum buddies here a problem I had with BMW, here was the scenario that happened a few weeks ago:

I decided to call the dealer Park Ave BMW about 3 weeks after I ordered the car, here was the conversation:

Me: Hi Mike? How are you it's Ernest.

Mike: Yes...

Me: I wanted to make sure about some of the options I ordered on the M3.

Mike: Sigh...........................like what?

Me: Did you just sigh? WTF?

Mike: Did you have any questions?

So, I complained about this but kept my order in, mostly because I was in love with the car.

So, like a week ago I emailed Mike about my delivery date and allocation. He asked me what color I wanted and options. I told him we already went through this, apparently they didn't keep track of this. Frustrating.

Last thursday I left Mike a voicemail about questions like: Howcome no-one got back to me on the optional alluminum interior -vs- titanium? No response. So, this morning I call again and I get the receptionist who tells me Mike was fired. Well, that's just fucking great glad someone called me. At this point I fucking had it, I've had it with BMW's service offerings and you know what, me buying the car would in my mind, support their lack of service. So, I recinded my deposit.

On a good note, however, I took Amir's advice and test drove an E500 this morning. All I have to say is the cars are like night and day and I can't compare them to each other but I'm glad BMW fucked up because the E500 is a work of art. It's also a work of art that's gonna cost me another 6-8K since I want it with alot of options so I'm gonna order one in late Nov. / Dec. I wanna wait to see how the market develops and I want to see my company land some more contracts for Q1 so I can make sure I can put the extra money down for this majestic car.

In short, thanks Amir, thanks WWW.RAYCATENA.COM, Ray Catena, the second biggest Mercedes Dealership in the USA conveniently only 25 mins away from me. And THANKS BMW for FUCKING UP and GIVING ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY A NICER CAR.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:06 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why go fast when u can go in CLASS!

pimp man you gonna pimp a benzo. put some dovs and some chromies and you'll be gangsta
Old 09-23-2002, 03:08 PM
Team Owner

Too bad….I was looking forward to a ride in the M3…..Even if it was an AUTO

I hope the other car you want works out for you.

Shawn S
Old 09-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Team Owner

PS…. I guess you have to act like a PRICK in a BMW dealership if you want to be treated like “one of them”.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Damn man, you sure? Cuz i can hook ya up with my salesman.. i mean he went out of his way for everything. Even called me the day the car got in, and called me first cuz he knew i was waiting like crazy. The car came in 4 days early BTW.

But yea you still cant go wrong with the e500.. its a PIMP ride, and will hold its value much better than any other car.

Dont hate on all BMWs cuz of this though.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:15 PM
Safety Car

Well, I guess it depends on what you want in a car. Personally, I agree with you on the cancelation of the order with this specific dealership, but its does not mean that you cant get an M3. There are a ton of BMW dealerships and I am sure you'll be able to get great service somewhere else.

It's possible that at the time you spoke with Mike, he already knew he was loosing his job. Obviously he was not happy and that came through in his customer service. But he is gone and for a good reason. Surprising thing is that no one took over his customers, WTF?

By going with a Benz, you are stepping up to a different class but you will definetly get a duller car. It will be a lot more luxurious, but performance and handling is just not there. Obviously, its more expensive as well. If you can swing, then more power to ya.

As a suggestion, see if you can find a late DOM 02 m3 slightly used or maybe a brand new cancellation around the country. It might be tough but worth a try.

So in the end, unless you can get the CLK 55, I would not go with an E class.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:23 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by BigPimp
Well, I guess it depends on what you want in a car. Personally, I agree with you on the cancelation of the order with this specific dealership, but its does not mean that you cant get an M3. There are a ton of BMW dealerships and I am sure you'll be able to get great service somewhere else.

It's possible that at the time you spoke with Mike, he already knew he was loosing his job. Obviously he was not happy and that came through in his customer service. But he is gone and for a good reason. Surprising thing is that no one took over his customers, WTF?

By going with a Benz, you are stepping up to a different class but you will definetly get a duller car. It will be a lot more luxurious, but performance and handling is just not there. Obviously, its more expensive as well. If you can swing, then more power to ya.

As a suggestion, see if you can find a late DOM 02 m3 slightly used or maybe a brand new cancellation around the country. It might be tough but worth a try.

So in the end, unless you can get the CLK 55, I would not go with an E class.
Where you buy your car is where you can only get a loaner. I'm not giving the two BMW dealerships near me my business since they are sales incompetant.

I'm not gonna buy it far away since I'm not gonna go out of my way to get it serviced.

The new E500 is majestic. It's a gorgeous car, go built one online and add some of the neat features like the dynamic seats that inflate around harsh turns to keep you in place and the 4 zone climate control, the panoramic roof, keyless go, state of the art brakes, a real hands free phone setup, Cruise control distance control, etc etc etc.

I may consider a CLK500 but it's down to these two cars.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:27 PM
Administrator Alumnus

Received 131 Likes on 82 Posts
sorry to hear that Ernie.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:28 PM
Senior Moderator

I say get the CLk 500 just because the e-class will be all over the roads soon.. the CLK is rare, and i love it.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:33 PM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
better choice anyways...
wait till you're sure, then order bro
Old 09-23-2002, 03:34 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by eclipse23
Where you buy your car is where you can only get a loaner. I'm not giving the two BMW dealerships near me my business since they are sales incompetant.

I'm not gonna buy it far away since I'm not gonna go out of my way to get it serviced.

The new E500 is majestic. It's a gorgeous car, go built one online and add some of the neat features like the dynamic seats that inflate around harsh turns to keep you in place and the 4 zone climate control, the panoramic roof, keyless go, state of the art brakes, a real hands free phone setup, Cruise control distance control, etc etc etc.

Are you sure about this loaner situation? I never heard this b4. Also, is not Park Ave BMW service just as good as is their Acura unit?

I cant disagree with you about the pimpness of the E500, but I am a big proponent of making the right decisions about big purchases. Meaning, do you honestly see yourself pimping an E class which most 45+ year olds drive?
CLK I could deffinetly agree with, but then again its even more pricier in the 55 variation and prolly even a longer wait.

I just think as far as a drivers car, an M3 is pure joy. That type of joy is hard to get in a benz.

Just some food for thought.
Old 09-23-2002, 03:35 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
yep. if i had my choice between the 3 my favs would go in this order

1. CLK500
2. E500
3. M3
Old 09-23-2002, 03:47 PM
Happy CL-S Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
go with the CLK AMG Supercharged V8 ... Luxo fun
Old 09-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Jesal....you went to Patrick BMW right??? They seemed pretty cool when I told them I was "looking" to get an M3.
Old 09-23-2002, 04:08 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Crazy Sellout
I say get the CLk 500 just because the e-class will be all over the roads soon.. the CLK is rare, and i love it.
I like the new CLK, but its a bit feminine looking. Out of the 5 I have seen, all women were driving them. Its also not a substantial looking car, like the previous CLK was (W208).

The new E is an awesome looking car, but indeed it won't be as exclusive as the CLK. They build approx half the amount of CLKs as they do E's (which makes sense since its a 2 door).
Old 09-23-2002, 04:19 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Ugh sorry the BMW dicks couldn't get it right. I just don't understand people sometimes. On the otherhand you're gonna be total gangsta in the e500 Excellent choice. Once you have the car I think you will realize that this was a blessing. That thing is gonna be SOOOO quiet SOOO smooth!!!!

If i had the money to blow i'd get a s600. Benz definitely has the styling advantage in the sedan catagory.

Old 09-23-2002, 04:28 PM

I drove an E200 for a few weeks in germany, even though it was very basic, it was still a wonderful silent ride.
Old 09-23-2002, 04:31 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Copy your thread and send it to BMW.
Old 09-23-2002, 04:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by Nicky Pass
Jesal....you went to Patrick BMW right??? They seemed pretty cool when I told them I was "looking" to get an M3.
Yea i went there. Weird part is that i went to that dealership a year ago before i bought the TLS, and they treated me like shit. But see i cant say "they" since it was just one sales guy who treated me like shit. Then i figure i would try again a year later, and got a sales guy who rocked. I guess it just depends who you talk to, cant blame the dealer, I say if you got a problem with a sales guy, then talk to the manager at the dealership and BITCH.

But I dont blame ecilpse on this.. i mean hes been shit on more than once from the dealers in NJ, so i understand.
Old 09-23-2002, 05:26 PM
Drifting

holy crap what car interior is that? it looks real nice
Old 09-23-2002, 05:44 PM
__

Originally posted by liquid_x
The new E-Klasse (and for the challenged, that's e class)
Old 09-23-2002, 07:18 PM
Instructor

HONDA TIBURON??

do you have some kind of hybrid???
just curious....

-boz
Old 09-23-2002, 07:24 PM
Race Director

Congrats on the awsome choice!

I agree the CLK may be a bit more feminine...also it looks small, and I HATE the front, looks like a C-class...I liked the older CLK more..

There might be lots of E500's...but i also see lots of M3's...atleast where i live.

Plus, nobody will mod this car, if u do anything to it, u will be more original than anyone in a m3.

anyways, now that u have seen the light...i can share this pic with you:

(notice what kind of truck is pullin the beemers)
Old 09-23-2002, 07:36 PM
Broke youngster :(

Originally posted by amirsafdari
Congrats on the awsome choice!

I agree the CLK may be a bit more feminine...also it looks small, and I HATE the front, looks like a C-class...I liked the older CLK more..

There might be lots of E500's...but i also see lots of M3's...atleast where i live.

Plus, nobody will mod this car, if u do anything to it, u will be more original than anyone in a m3.

anyways, now that u have seen the light...i can share this pic with you:

(notice what kind of truck is pullin the beemers)
BMW's are not carted around on those kind of trucks, they have their own covered trucks, that can only fit 2-3 vehicles in them. They dont ship that many cars at once. When it arrives at the dealer, its all beautiful, no dings, limited dust... kept real nice.

Nick out
\
btw nice photoshop pic though! ahah
Old 09-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Three Wheelin'

if you bought a cl-s and were gonna buy an m3, it seems like performance is a big part in your purchasing decision..i'd get some type of amg model, such as the clk55 or e55..the e500 is pimp, no doubt, but the amg models are classy, yet quicker, at the same time. not as sporty as the m3, but neither is a cl-s. if i was gonna spend over 50k for a car, i'd make sure to buy the car that best fits my needs, even if it does run me a few extra thousand dollars (but if i had money for a 50k car, money wouldn't really be the issue). btw, ignore the age comments in this thread, i'd pimp a cl-s or amg benz at 20, 40, even 60

Patrick
Old 09-23-2002, 08:13 PM
go like hell

to me I like the M line better than the E class. plus I've seen M3s that are CRAZY modded(like custom turbo setups)
the E is a wonderful car and I wouldn't mind having one but if i had to choose between the 2 I'd take the M3
Old 09-23-2002, 08:19 PM
__

What about a C32 AMG or maybe a SLK32?? Both are AMG's and much cheaper than the e55 or clk55
Old 09-23-2002, 08:24 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Acura3.0CLP
What about a C32 AMG or maybe a SLK32?? Both are AMG's and much cheaper than the e55 or clk55
CLK55 too much

C32AMG M3 wanna be
Old 09-23-2002, 08:35 PM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by nvpscore
BMW's are not carted around on those kind of trucks, they have their own covered trucks, that can only fit 2-3 vehicles in them. They dont ship that many cars at once. When it arrives at the dealer, its all beautiful, no dings, limited dust... kept real nice.

Nick out
\
actually thats not true at all.

i see new BMWS coming in on flatbeds all the time...

sure... SOME are in covered trucks... but not just any ol common 5 series.

you know how expensive it would be for them to ship ALL their cars like that? ya right.
Old 09-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Fahrvergnügen'd

Received 1,568 Likes on 985 Posts
Screw them Ernest ... I don't blame you. I drive by a BMW dealership every day and night and drool over the cars there. I'd never even consider buying a car there because of the asswipes on the sales floor.

If I do ever go buy a BMW, I'm going to go see someone who's sold one to a friend ... The closest I can come to assuring I'm not wasting my time.

I will flip out like a ninja on a salesman that throws me a brochure though. I used to sell cars, and don't tolerate that shit from anyone.
Old 09-23-2002, 09:14 PM
Racer

Nick out
\
Bull Shit. Nuff Said..:flamer:
Old 09-23-2002, 10:12 PM
///M POWER

the e500 is sweet, but i'd go with the m3.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:17 PM
Race Director

e500 does 0-60 in 6 seconds...

plus it has airmatic that will lower your car to sport mode, and front i have read, it handles pretty well..

its RWD too...
Old 09-23-2002, 10:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by liquid_x
Thats the E320, the E500 has digital climate control.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:23 PM
Old timer

Someone show this boy that pic of someone unloading an expensive car off of a covered transport where he fuct it up and his plumberbutt was showing.

I've never been a huge fan of any German car, but I do believe Benz has a much smaller "asshole" factor than BMW, not to mention they appear to be more reliable (and they look sexy as HEYYYYL).
Old 09-23-2002, 10:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Beltfed
Thats the E320, the E500 has digital climate control.
DAYUMMMM BELTY! GOOD EYE.
Old 09-23-2002, 10:49 PM
Moderator Alumnus

DAYUMMMM BELTY! GOOD EYE.
Hey.......got to be on top of these things.

By any chance Ern, is there a Porsche dealer in NJ called "Town Motors"? (I think thats the dealer). My buddy is actually getting rid of his 02 M3, just picked it up 3 months ago and put a deposit down on an 02 911 Turbo.

Edit: I actually just looked it up, its in Englewood.
Old 09-23-2002, 11:12 PM
WHO'S NEXT!!

what about the gs430.. pimp, power, aftermark mods,rwd, and you have the reliability over any bm or mercedes!!
Old 09-23-2002, 11:58 PM
Broke youngster :(

Originally posted by soopa
actually thats not true at all.

i see new BMWS coming in on flatbeds all the time...

sure... SOME are in covered trucks... but not just any ol common 5 series.

you know how expensive it would be for them to ship ALL their cars like that? ya right.
Hmm thats odd, when I was working at Valencia Acura over the summer, BMW was directly across the street. Their trucks would just park right in the middle of the street, and unload their cars. I would unload the cars from the Acura trucks along side of them. I would drool over the new //M5 coming down.

Nick
Old 09-24-2002, 01:15 AM
Three Wheelin'

Nick out
\
Only bmw's I've seen come in with a covered truck is a Z8. Hell the 745iL's came in loaded up with a couple of 330ci's.

Quick Reply: My problems with BMW and my cancelled M3