My 13 day nightmare in a Infiniti G35

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 13 day nightmare in a Infiniti G35

Hi, my name is Sacha Delbeau, I'm writing this letter to tell you about my experience at the Gwinnett Infiniti dealership in the Atlanta Area.

Saturday morning 10:00 AM after a hockey game with my coworkers, I decided to drop by Gwinnett Infiniti dealership to get some more information about the G35 coupe and grab a brochure. I wanted to purchase a new vehicle to replace my 2003 VW GTI VR6. I was torn between the Infiniti’s G35 coupe and a BMW 330CI ZHP. I also wanted to check out what the Acura TL had to offer but coming from a country where it snows half the year, I was really set on getting a rear wheel drive car with some good get up and go.

So get to the Gwinnett Infiniti dealership and I Asked a sales person got the information and was ready to go home but the sales guy asked me if I wanted to take a test drive. I said no, I was just gathering information and I would be back to do this, I'm a slow shopper and I’m not ready to buy... He insisted that I try the car to get the full information now, so I said fine, I'll try but I’m not purchasing this car now, I got other cars to look at and Other people to consult. So he promptly ran into the dealer with my drivers license and we where off. On are way out he was driving, he said he had to make a quick stop at the bank to get some money, the bank closed at Noon and that he would not have the time to go any other time.... So we did the quick stop, he got off, got his money and got back in... I finally got to drive the car for all but 3 minutes... We got back to the dealership and he brought me in to talk about numbers.

This is where I made my first mistake

We sit down in this office start going back and forth about what I wanted to get for my car and what kind of payments that I was looking for etc... So I told him "600$ a month". So he asked me for my info, SSN, Name, Date Of Birth and called the loan holder for my car (Carmax) and got my buyout, went to his sales manager and came back with numbers that where way off what I wanted monthly... 13,500$ for my car and 37,200$ for the G35 witch was like a 800$ monthly payment… I knew he was trying to use the “look how good we are to you tactic” by overshooting my monthly payment and then making me feel like since I got him to come down, I got my way… So I decided to play along because I knew what was going on and I wanted to get it anyway… So he proceeded to hand me a piece of paper and a pen and asked me to write what I wanted the numbers to look like saying: “I’m on your side buddy but give me reasonable numbers to work with so I could talk my sales manager down” (Yeah right!) So I said fine, I want 15,500$ for my car, which was the book trade in value in Kelly’s Blue Book and my exact buyout and I offered 34,500$ for the G35 with a wing Added witch I knew was about what guys where getting for the car equipped like it was and I was going to put 4000$ down which would bring me close to the 600$ a month I wanted to pay…

So he came back with 14,500$ + taxes witch would be close to my buyout for my car and 34,500 + taxes for there car witch he said cam down to 648 a month at 5.9% I said fine let me take these numbers and go home and figure things out, my budget, insurance cost ETC… He was like don’t worry we will get all that sorted out, I know people who know people Blah! Blah! Blah! So I told him listen, I’m sold I just won’t sign today, I will go home and come here Monday at 10:00 am and we will get it done…. So again he said no, no, no! this is a today deal, Interest rates are going up and if you sign now we can lock up this rate, Monday It might not be there, he even called the financing guy to beat on me with this info, so since they already had my info, my SSN my address and my cars papers, they started whipping up the papers to get me rolling today, I was like hold it man, you can write all this stuff up but I’m not signing this today, we will finish this deal Monday… He was like: “no bro, you will be able to go home today in your fresh new G35 and surprise your family”… So again I told him I was not going to take delivery of the car till the deal was finalized and the Wing put on and you can’t do that by the time I’m out of here, I won’t wait that long, I’m hungry, tired and you are officially stressing me out…

This is where I made my second mistake

The sales guy pulled me aside and started to give me a guilt trip about how much time he had spent with me working on this deal (6 hours) and how he only gets paid on commission and that he was new here (3 weeks) and that he would really appreciate if I could help him out… So I responded listen, I told you when I got here I was not ready to buy, you convinced me that this car was the car for me over the BMW, now I’m not comfortable with getting this today, I take my time to spend 50$ so I was not about to spend close to 35K$ in 6 hours I was going to talk it over with my girlfriend and check my budget numbers… So he started attacking my manhood, telling me I was responsible to make a decision on my own… SO I was tired of his babble, I was going to sign and go home but I know that the deal was fall thru because of my Canadian record not being accessible to SunTrust…

So I signed my car away and signed the paper for the G35 coupe…
I know I was stupid but you have to understand that at that point I was tired, I suffer from a condition called hypoglycemia, for those who don’t know what that it, here’s a link about it… http://www.hypoglycemia.org/ so I was finally happy I could jump in one of there loaner cars and go home to eat Sedan, the fatigue and confusion was getting unbearable…

When I got home, I told my girlfriend the news and started eating, surprised by the news, she told me I was not looking happy as she thought I would. I told her I was not, it was my first new car purchase and what I thought was suppose to be a great experience turned out to be the biggest stress filled experience of my life. So she left it at that, saying, you will fell better when you get your new toy… Later that night after looking at what I signed for I realized that I got hustled a little bit:

My monthly payment was the same as they mentioned but the numbers on the contract where not the same as the ones on the piece of paper…

The piece of paper said we negotiated on said 14,500$ for my car and 34,500 for the new car… Nice round numbers, easy to remember for a total of 648$ a month with 4000$ down…

The contract said 14,250$ for my car and 34,800 for the new car… not round numbers, not easy to remember for a total of 648$ a month with 4000$ down…

I was so embarrassed by not realizing that and knew that I could do nothing about it since I signed (reason more why they did not want me to go home with the numbers). So I said to myself, lesson learned, never again will I let this happen…

So on Monday I returned to the dealer to pick up my new ride with my girlfriend, to my surprise my sales guy was not there, I was told he left on vacation and that another sales person would help me take delivery. So he came to me and proceeded to tell me that the financing is proving to be complicated with SunTrust since they can’t pull my credit from Canada... I told him that I was not surprised, I had mentioned this to the other sales guy and the finance guy but they would not listen. I said that’s fine, just give me my old car back and I would be on my way but he told me to wait until tomorrow so they can get things finalized. So I came back Tuesday, The same story was being told, so I sacked them again to give me my car back but they asked me to keep the loaner one more day and that they would call me for pickup… Wednesday went by and I heard nothing about Infiniti.

Finally Thursday they came up with a solution, same deal but this time thru Infiniti at 7.9% rate… I said, no thank you, I’m done with this deal, I want my car back and I’m coming to pick it up now… So I show up at the dealer give back there loaner car and ask for my car back… After sitting there 2 hours, the finance manager being frustrated with dealing with this case for 4 days came out and start telling me how I had no credit in the United States and who did I think I was to demand a lower interest rate under those conditions. Being the calm person that I am, I did not blowup in his face even if I felted like it, I calmly said: “I never asked for any interest rate, I was given a interest rate over the weekend based on my information, I told my sales person that Infiniti would have problems getting me financed unless the could pull my Canadian credit score. If Carmax was able to give me 4.9% based on my credit in Canada, I really don’t think I’m asking for nothing out of the ordinary, please give me my old car back and I will be on my way”.

This is where I made my third mistake

So they came back with 6.9% rate and told me to not be cheap because its only 20$ extra a month and said we can't go lower… but I told them that If Infiniti does not want to take a 1000$ financial loss over 5 years, why do they think that I can afford too… For the last time give my dam car back so I can go home please. It was clear to me that they could not give me my car back because they probably already paid for my loan on my old car and reversing it would cost more to Infiniti then holding up there part of the deal, so they caved it and made me sign the papers with Infiniti financing at 5.9%… Since they caved in and I’m a man of my word I figured it was only right that I follow thru for the same price...

So I drove off, on my way out, the sales guy helping us out felted so bad that he said he was sorry for me and to come back when I wanted and he would fill up my tank once, I thanked him and drove off.

So I got it and brought it home, that drive was such a high, I was on cloud nine. I was so overwhelmed by my full day at work and my battle at the dealer that I went home; put some food in my stomach and when to sleep. The next day, I showed up at work proud about my purchase, all my co-workers had me going up and down the elevator because they wanted to see my car, this was great, I was happy and everyone was happy for me since they know how much of a car fanatic I am… Friday night, I went out driving around town, stopped at numerous places to snap shots with my digital camera… Man I was happy, I could not contain myself, the exhaust note, the engine growl… the sound system ETC, I could not rev the car over 4000 RPM because I had read on G35DRIVER.com that for the first 1000 Miles to go easy on it, it’s a new car, it needs time to break in…

While I was driving at night, I noticed that my right leg felted numb, and my back was a little stiff, I also noticed that that the steering wheel felled crooked to me, angled so when I got home I got on G35driver.com to discuss with other owners to make sure my new purchase was right... Most guys told me that they don’t know what I meant but suggested to go to the dealer and talk to the mechanics, that they would be very helpful and they also told me that if I have a new car that asks Infiniti to check the Alignment because it’s usually out of whack when you receive the car from being chained down on shipping never asked about my leg and back because to me it seemed like a normal thing, like buying new shoes, your feet will hurt a little at the beginning…

The next day Saturday, I had hockey again next to the dealer, I brought the car back because for some reason the car steering wheel was not strait to me, angled... The service manager said it was angled but they could not fix this, all the cars came this way, so they aligned the car for me and as the guys said on the board, it was off... so I went home because later, I was going for a long drive to the lake to my brother’s boat.

First long drive (Problem with the right bolsters)

80 mile round trip to lake Lanier, everything else was under 5 miles (a little longer then my test drive). When I got there, I was so dizzy, my right leg numb and my back was stiff (I was thinking maybe hockey was causing the back thing) so I stayed out of the water, I was scared that I would lose consciousness and that I would drown... I was supposing that the sun might be causing this. On the drive back, I got some massive pain, I started feeling like the middle of my back was being twisted, so to compensate for the numbness in my leg, I put my left leg on the left bolster (witch is flat in a G35) so my right leg would not sit on the right bolster (Almost the size of a closed fist because of the electronic controls incorporated in it…). This got me home but now I felt a huge amount of stress on my back because I was leaning and the fact that the actual steering wheel was angled the opposite direction of me was making the car quite difficult to drive, I had a hard time keeping my foot on the gas because my leg was not on the right bolster so I had to pot my leg against it an stretch my foot around to hit the pedal…

Looking for Alternatives (Aftermarket seats)

So Sunday night after driving around and feeling bad, back pain, having to sit crooked etc… I went on G35driver.com and G35frenzy.com to search the forums to find aftermarket seats that I could eventually invest in since I plan to keep this car for a long time, I even got a tire rim protection package for 330$ from the same dealer after that stressful experience. To my surprise, after putting the word seat in the G35driver search engine 242 threads about this problem and alternatives and people complaining about the seats giving them back pains, leg pains etc, I started to read them one by one to find the solution…

What I found

- I found over 75 pages of people having my problem in some shape or form
- Fist of all I was not alone…
- Infiniti was aware of the problem but could not help and to go back to the dealer…
- People tried contacting Infiniti Nissan about it and got Ignored
- Some people tried to find aftermarket seats but there was no brackets made for are cars because it was virtually illegal to remove the original seats out of the car because of Air bags in the seats
- Dealers where saying that they could not do anything to the seats because they could be held liable for modifying a seat if they got hurt…
- Upholstery shops where a hit and miss because they where singing the same song as the dealer, Liability issues
- Some people contacted ICA for help but got nowhere
- Some more fortunate people just took the financial hit and moved on to bigger and better things…
- Only 4 guys had done something about this, 1 was in Japan, was using the car for track purposes, he removed the air bags in the entire car, put a roll cage and one race seat in that car etc… (Not for me) 3 others where talking about major dollars they paid to get a boat upholstery guy to weld stuff and redo seats…

I was so distraught by my findings that I could barely sleep that night, had I messed up and bought the wrong car for myself? Was it normal that so many people where having this problem with no solution? Could it be that people where to lazy and to cheap to resolve the issue? So I decided that I would be the one to resolve this, I would go around and find help and post my findings on the board.

Little did I know, the stuff on the board was accurate

I took the car back to the dealer, he said the seats are fine, they are the same as all other G35 seats, they cant modify a thing because of liability… (Sounds familiar)
Aftermarket shop, the owner said he had a G35 last year but got rid of it, loved the car but… He said he could not touch it because of liability reasons, all he could do is put TV’s in the headrest (Wow thanks) So I called Recaro seats (Big time seat company) to see if the parts where available for the car and he said, the seats are 2000$ each, he had no brackets for that model car… All this time driving from place to place, I’m moving around trying to find my position in the seat to feel right, pain kept growing, the bolsters being so high and the frame of the seat so little (10 inches) I could not even touch the seat with the middle of my back, my head could not be on the headrest while I drove (I’m 5”11 210 pounds)

I tried to take the high road

By this time It was Saturday, I was not getting anywhere with my researches and I was at 900 Miles on the car, I had driven enough in one week to understand that this was going to be a major problem so I went to BMW dealership to see if I could salvage this problem by just spending more monthly and getting the 330CI ZHP I wanted in the first place… When I got there, I figured I’d be honest with the sales person and maybe he would help me fix my mistake… He said: “listen, first, let’s let you drive the car and see if you experience the same problem in a BMW, there’s no use for you to take a hit on a brand new car depreciation and be stuck with the same problem, after all It might not be the seats…“ (I was like that is the most honest thing I’ve heard in a minute, he was not trying to sell me anything)

So we did, as soon as I got in the car, I could sense that this seat was not going to hurt my back like the G did, I could actually sit in the middle of the seat, the bolsters where actually holding my sides almost exactly like my GTI held me and my back could touch the seats like they where suppose to and my head was actually able to be on the headrest while I drove…

So I told him we could sit down and talk numbers, he said: “OK but you might not like what you see”. He came back and laid it out 28500$ for my G35 coupe and 5000$ off the Bimmer 40000$ + taxes etc… So basically I was going to have to take a 6000$ hit even with his discount and I had no down payment so 46000$ plus tax over at 6.25% for a nice total of 933.56$ a month… So that was the end of my BMW dream for a while…
The sales manager at BMW told me to go back to the Infiniti dealer, it’s there product, if anyone can help you, they can…

Sunday nights I usually do my laundry and do my groceries to get ready for the week, so I put my laundry in the washing machine and dashed of to the supermarket, still playing with the seat trying to get comfortable in the seats… My frustration was growing but I was stuck, I could not trade the car in because the hit was to big the first year, I did not have the kind of money to do that, I needed at the least 6 months to accomplish that. I had not found a solution yet, I figured that maybe someone from G35frenzy.com (a board of local Atlanta people that own G35’s) could help me resolve this, one of the members who is also a mechanic at the Gwinnett Infiniti dealership had offered to help me by finding seats to fit in are cars, he said he would get back to me.

Then it happened, my back gave in

On my way back home from the groceries, my back gave in, I heard a loud “SNAP” from my back and a shooting painful sensation went down my left leg and left harm! It felt like my back had broke in half, twisted to the right, but I could still move my fingers and legs, I felt numbness in the middle of my back and behind my head, I got blurry vision from my eyes watering! So I slowly got home. It felt like my hole upper body had twisted to the right (Like when people go to the Chiropractor)

I chilled out for a minute, took some ADVIL for the pain and went to bed and hardly slept… I got up the next morning with the same breath taking pain next day, The pain got extreme when I sat in the car, I felt like my body was bent the right bolsters where now the only thing holding me up, I could not sit in the car anymore... I was messed up, could not think for myself... I did not have the kind of money to do anything but give the car back and endure this pain, people at work where telling me to go to a doctor but I did not have the money to get this checked, not now anyway

Monday night was the worst, I tried to put ice on by back and sleep on my stomach but to no avail, around 2AM the pain got so bad that I had to go to the Hospital. I did not have coverage for a MRI (2000$) so the only thing the doctor could do for me was give me pain killing drugs and send me home… So I cracked, I could not drive the car anymore and this severe back pain was getting so unbearable that I could not get to work anymore, so I decided that if I can't go to work, I could not afford to keep this car or sell it privately…

I broth it back on day 13

I got up that Tuesday morning and decided that I would go see the Sales manager at Gwinnett Infiniti and explain the problem, I just wanted to give the car back and getting my car back, I was accepting the fact that he would not give me my down payment back, my heath was well worth more then that anyway… So I reclined the seat all the way down and drove standing up basically in tears… What happened next is what makes me understand that Infiniti does not give a dam about their customer’s satisfaction; I explained the situation and he said as much as he can’t do that, there’s nothing in it for him, he did not care about my problem, he told me that this is the business of selling cars and if you have a problem, that’s exactly that, your problem… here are the options they gave me…

First offer
They take my car back at 31,200$ and sold me my old car at 17,998$ (Price they had listed on AUTOTRADER.com) so my buyout being 33,500$ this would and they took my car at 14,500$ this would mean a extra 6,000$ hit plus my 4,000$ down

The second offer was for me the same deal but I would 16,998 for my old car…

Then I told him, I pay what I traded my car in for 14,250$ and Infiniti give me 32,000 give me a hit of 5500$ hit (Not great but with the back pain and the stress, I was willing to take that hit) so what they did is they started to get fancy again with the taxes and all and I finally ended up paying:

14,250$ and getting 30,000$ for the 13 days old immaculate G35, a 7,800$ hit…

To make things worst Infiniti financing did not want to finance my car because it was a used car that had to much GAP on it 18,300$ to take the chance of me not paying for it at any Rate so they put me with SunTrust at 12.5% because I had no American credit score…

As a Result

Some will ask why I took such a bad deal, It was just a matter of me being in so much pain that my mind was in survival mode, to survive, you need to be able to work, in Atlanta, without a car, it’s really hard to do that. The other sales people where looking at me like I was crazy but I’m the only person who knew how much pain I had to endure as a result of this seat. The money is a little price to pay for happiness or at least to get rid of the sadness.

As a result of this car purchase, I have pain in the back of my neck, numbness in my left leg, my left arm and I sometimes get tingling in my lower lip. That’s besides the embarrassment and the stress I’ve suffered in the process, I’m now 18,340$ in dept at a 12.5% interest with SunTrust rate instead of my original 15,500$ at 4.9% with Carmax (One of the greatest car buying experiences ever in my opinion)… and I have to pay 50$ to salvage my non reimbursable Wheel warranty that is non refundable…

This will be the last time I willingly buy anything from Infiniti Nissan in this file time…

If you don't believe me, see for your selves how other owners on G35driver.com are scrambling to get answers....

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthre...highlight=seat

Or go to the site your self and see all G35drivers.com have to endure

Search “seat”
Search on “Back pain”

This was my dream do get this type of caliber car, I’ve worked hard to accomplish this and now I’m left with a big hole and nothing to show for it…
Old 08-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
Google Search results for Sacha Delbeau.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
Old 08-03-2005, 12:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
cliff notes or
Old 08-03-2005, 01:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Cliff Notes: Mantis Edition
Lack of research and a backbone on a major purchase causes back pain.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:05 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
Cliff notes:

She bought a G35.

It hurt her back.

She 'returned it' and bought her old car back, and lost $8,000 or so.

Why should anyone give a shit?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:06 PM
Instructor

OK, nice story and all..I feel your pain, but WTF does this have to do with an Acura TL?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Whiskers
Google Search results for Sacha Delbeau.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...=Google+Search
whats your point?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:13 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

As I'm sure you're seeing this board isn't renowned for its sympathy.

I'm surprised that the G35 has a problem like that. It's suposed to be a somoewhat high quality vehicle.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Drifting

I've had my G35C for close to three years now and no back pains for me and people I know with G35's don't have a problem either with the seats.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:16 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally Posted by djinferno
I also wanted to check out what the Acura TL had to offer but coming from a country where it snows half the year, I was really set on getting a rear wheel drive car with some good get up and go.

Does that make sense to anyone
Old 08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dom
Rear wheel drive is harder to drive in snow...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:19 PM
Kenpachi Teichou

Originally Posted by dom
Yup, she came from Canada where its a winter hell and you can't have rwd or a car with any real power. So now that she's in a warmer location she wants to tear it up in a powerful rwd vehicle. Its akin to moving from NY (winter hell) to CA (summer all year but filled with douchbags).
Old 08-03-2005, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by NYbsbl04
OK, nice story and all..I feel your pain, but WTF does this have to do with an Acura TL?

Car Talk forum... this is just a buyers beware so you test drive longer then i did before you buy if you plan to...

judging from your first few posts, theres allot of guys here that don't need advice...

Just posting so others can learn from my mistakes
Old 08-03-2005, 01:23 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by oneilc
Yup, she came from Canada where its a winter hell and you can't have rwd or a car with any real power. So now that she's in a warmer location she wants to tear it up in a powerful rwd vehicle. Its akin to moving from NY (winter hell) to CA (summer all year but filled with douchbags).
thank you and it's HE! I'm a guy... Sacha is Russian for Alexandre... don't ask...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:23 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Read it again.

She says "I also wanted to check out what the Acura TL had to offer BUT coming from a country where it snows half the year, I was really set on getting a rear wheel drive car with some good get up and go."

To me that means she liked the TL but since it snows where she lives she's better off with RWD.

If she wanted it to seem like she wanted a TL because of the snow then it should have been worded like this,

"Coming from a country where it snows half the year I also wanted to check out the Acura TL. But I was really set on getting a rear wheel drive car with some good get up and go"
Old 08-03-2005, 01:24 PM
Homeless

Originally Posted by oneilc
As I'm sure you're seeing this board isn't renowned for its sympathy.

I'm surprised that the G35 has a problem like that. It's suposed to be a somoewhat high quality vehicle.
The G coupe is a little tight, but bad posture...I don't think so. If anything, it's overly protective with the side bolsters and lumbar support.

Mine was an excellent ride.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,666 Likes on 930 Posts
I'm gonna have to print this off an read it on the train ride home. Response forthcoming.....maybe.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chef chris
The G coupe is a little tight, but bad posture...I don't think so. If anything, it's overly protective with the side bolsters and lumbar support.

Mine was an excellent ride.
unless you are 150 pounds or less, you can't touch the seat headrest and drive at the same time...

weird, you say it was a great ride and you already got rid of it... two year purchase?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:30 PM
fdl
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya dom, i was confused by that as well. I think it was just bad english.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by BEETROOT
Cliff notes:

She bought a G35.

It hurt her back.

She 'returned it' and bought her old car back, and lost $8,000 or so.
good looking out for us...

I got halfway thru "2nd mistake" and started scanning... I'm usually the guy who yells at people who can't read long posts too...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:34 PM
Homeless

unless you are 150 pounds or less, you can't touch the seat headrest and drive at the same time...

weird, you say it was a great ride and you already got rid of it... two year purchase?
Dude...first off, I am 6 ft 210 lbs...while it was SLIGHTLY tight, I fit fine.

And there's absolutely nothing wierd about getting rid of a car that my wife doesn't like. It's called REAR WHEEL DRIVE which she is uncomfortable driving. Hence the purchase of a G35X sedan, not that it's any of your business.

The car is great. I believe in this case, it's you who has the problem.

PS ~ Spell check...learn it, use it, love it.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by dom
Read it again.

She says "I also wanted to check out what the Acura TL had to offer BUT coming from a country where it snows half the year, I was really set on getting a rear wheel drive car with some good get up and go."

To me that means she liked the TL but since it snows where she lives she's better off with RWD.

If she wanted it to seem like she wanted a TL because of the snow then it should have been worded like this,

"Coming from a country where it snows half the year I also wanted to check out the Acura TL. But I was really set on getting a rear wheel drive car with some good get up and go"
No my friend, I said comming from a contry that has snow (Canada) where it's an advantage to have FWD cars like the TL

I was set on getting a rear wheel drive in (Atlanta) wich has no snow... I said I bought the car in Atlanta... south of the Contry...

Last edited by djinferno; 08-03-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:47 PM
I

Received 58 Likes on 24 Posts
Wait, you didn't want a FWD and picked a RWD instead because it snows a lot?

What did I miss?
Old 08-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
No my friend, I said comming from a contry that has snow (Canada) where it's an advantage to have FWD cars like the TL

I was set on getting a rear wheel drive in (Atlanta) wich has no snow... I said I bought the car in Atlanta... south of the Contry...

I get it now, so you were so used to driving FWD cars because of snow, and now that you live in Atlanta, you finallly have the oppurtunity to drive an RWD where you don't have to worry bout snow..
Old 08-03-2005, 01:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by FastAcura
Wait, you didn't want a FWD and picked a RWD instead because it snows a lot?

What did I miss?

Is there snow in Atlanta??? my god...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:52 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by te3point5
I get it now, so you were so used to driving FWD cars because of snow, and now that you live in Atlanta, you finallly have the oppurtunity to drive an RWD where you don't have to worry bout snow..

Thank you...
Old 08-03-2005, 01:53 PM
Registered Abuser of VTEC

Received 115 Likes on 84 Posts
Dude, it's too bad that you had a tough time. What you have to realize is that what happened to you is a result of the stealership, not the automaker. In other words, the dicks at Gwinnett Infiniti took advantage of you. Had you been more assertive this never would have happened. It could happen at any dealership where the salespeople are shady. It's not Infiniti's fault that you don't fit in the damn seats!

Personally, our family has had a good experience at all of the luxury dealerships we've been to here in Edmonton. Westside Acura is letting my mom borrow a TSX for 24 hours extended test drive at no charge. That's something I would definately do before I buy such an expensive car, or any car for that matter.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:00 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Ah, makes sense now. My bad for not reading the whole thing.

I had thought you read this story somehwhere and just cut and paste this in here. Sorry for your bad luck.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:02 PM
Drifting

Received 113 Likes on 69 Posts
it seems like every problem you had with dealer is your fault, not theirs.... They did not hold a gun to your head and make you buy it... you let yourself get manipulated... It's their job to sell the car, and unless yor rich it's not easy to find someone totally willing to give away 40 grand, they have to work for it. Part of that is telling you what they need to tell you to get you to buy the car. Whether thats ethical or not, thats another story. Buying a car is a whole big game, if you fear confrontation, Then buying/selling cars is not for you. And your mad because they were gonna buy the G35 back for less, and sell you your car for more? Well thats business...

And if I read it right, and the only reason you didn't like the car is because it hurt your back? Well then my friend, thats called being a pussy. No car seat in the market today is that unbearable.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Yeehaw

Received 26 Likes on 5 Posts
OK I just actually read this whole thing.

My thoughts:

First, you got raped by the dealer, but its your fault. Changing the financing terms between the day you sign and the day you pick up the car is a dirty trick, you should have walked away. When they wouldn't give you your car back, you should have picked up a phone and dialed the police, not given in because 'you were tired and have hypoglycemia' (thanks for the link though, very helpful )

Second, there is nothing wrong with the G35 seats. Maybe something is wrong with you? Have you been to a chiropractor or a doctor?

Third, As a result of this car purchase, I have pain in the back of my neck, numbness in my left leg, my left arm and I sometimes get tingling in my lower lip. That’s besides the embarrassment and the stress I’ve suffered in the process,
That is not from the seat.

Third, you could have effectively explained this entire situation in one paragraph.

And finally, what I got from reading your essay: Anyone as dumb as you deserves whatever is coming to them.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:09 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Everything in that long ass read is the fault of the buyer.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by te3point5
it seems like every problem you had with dealer is your fault, not theirs.... They did not hold a gun to your head and make you buy it... you let yourself get manipulated... It's their job to sell the car, and unless yor rich it's not easy to find someone totally willing to give away 40 grand, they have to work for it. Part of that is telling you what they need to tell you to get you to buy the car. Whether thats ethical or not, thats another story. Buying a car is a whole big game, if you fear confrontation, Then buying/selling cars is not for you. And your mad because they were gonna buy the G35 back for less, and sell you your car for more? Well thats business...

And if I read it right, and the only reason you didn't like the car is because it hurt your back? Well then my friend, thats called being a pussy. No car seat in the market today is that unbearable.

OK so I see what your saying, all the people who own g35's on that board are crazy, the seats are fine....

It would be the same thing as me saying all the owners of Acura Type-S that havwe bad trannies are just bad drivers, no tranny now a days goes bad, you guys are just beating on your cars... you guys are just pussy...

Yeah guy, real smart... Now I know I was dumb about how the car purchase whent but that was not the point (Since I said it myself)... Infiniti seats have a clear problem that at least 100 users on the G35 board have been complainning about...

sorry for wasting your time... I'm just being pussy
Old 08-03-2005, 02:35 PM
Luke 1:37

Man, I wish you posted your car for trade. I would of traded my 05 TSX for the G35 coupe in a heart beat.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:45 PM
Instructor

I had a friend that leased a brand new 2005 BMW 545i w/ sports seats. After two weeks with the car, his back was killing him. He swapped the lease and lost his down payment, but releaved himself from his back pains. This can happen to anybody, no one is made equal and therefore no one seat is going to be perfect for everybody.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

thank you and it's HE! I'm a guy... Sacha is Russian for Alexandre... don't ask...
well i guess i was the only one that knew it was a guy too?
Old 08-03-2005, 02:47 PM
Cruising in ATL!!

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
OK so I see what your saying, all the people who own g35's on that board are crazy, the seats are fine....

It would be the same thing as me saying all the owners of Acura Type-S that havwe bad trannies are just bad drivers, no tranny now a days goes bad, you guys are just beating on your cars... you guys are just pussy...

Yeah guy, real smart... Now I know I was dumb about how the car purchase whent but that was not the point (Since I said it myself)... Infiniti seats have a clear problem that at least 100 users on the G35 board have been complainning about...

sorry for wasting your time... I'm just being pussy
well I think the difference is MANY of us bought our cars knowing that problem. However, Acura is standing firmly behind their mistake by offering us 100K warranty.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:17 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by baboya96
well I think the difference is MANY of us bought our cars knowing that problem. However, Acura is standing firmly behind their mistake by offering us 100K warranty.
Well i was given the old liability reason and that i was SOL..

and i was treated that was upon my return...
Old 08-03-2005, 03:21 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 740 Likes on 309 Posts
I have an '05 G35x, took it on a 6 hour roadtrip to Canada, Not an ounce of back pain. I have lower back and shoulder problems too, but are unrelated to the car seating, as I've had the problems for years. The seats are nicely bolstered, I'm just about your height and weight as well. Sorry to hear about your problems, but I think you jumped into this opportunity way too soon, and lacked any experience with dealers to know what to expect. Never give in to the dealer's pressures no matter what.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:24 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
just an FYI, after driving the G a few times, it is definately small for anyone bigger then avg IMO
Old 08-03-2005, 03:27 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Wow, my butt print Acura TL seats don't sound so bad after all

Quick Reply: My 13 day nightmare in a Infiniti G35