Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mustang GT

The Mustang GT was never on my radar but after reading some articles of it, I wanted to check it out. I finally got the chance to test drive a GT Premium with the Brembo pkg and 3.73 limited slip.

The Mustang looks so bad ass on the outside. Inside is actually nice as long as you're not expecting it to be a luxury car. The thing that surprised me the most was the clutch and shifter. The last time I drove a Mustang must have been about 10 years ago and I remember that clutch being so heavy and the shifter so clunky. Not anymore. The clutch was light and easy and the shifter was short and solid. I have the CT short shifter on my '05 TL and the GT's throws were shorter! The exhaust sound was awesome - it sounded great when you start moving but very reasonable if you're just cruising along.

Unfortunately, traffic was heavy and I really didn't get a chance to play around enough to really comment on the handling. Every time I took an on/off ramp, there was a car in front of me. :thumbsdow

Only thing I would really want is better seats with more support but other than that, it was a really nice car.

Anyone else test drive one (or have one)?

I can't wait until the Boss 302 comes out!
Old 11-20-2010, 02:11 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You had to have a calf of Thor to change gears on the old Mustangs. Glad to hear this has changed.
Old 11-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
DId the interior look like this?

Old 11-20-2010, 04:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 439 Likes on 322 Posts
The Boss 302 is gonna be awesome, especially that you get a key that when you use it, it changes the settings of the car for a track set up. Thought that was a pretty awesome touch up.

edit: when I mean track set up, it changes throttle response, not sure about steering and other engine management things.
Old 11-20-2010, 05:47 PM
That was uncalled for...

Received 43 Likes on 27 Posts
More supportive bolsters is a very common request. It's fairly obvious that they went for comfort rather than support for the seats, and that's perfectly alright with me. Other than a quick on ramp here and there I'll never really need the support they'd provide.

Clutch on the Mustang is surprisingly light... This caught me off gaurd when I first drove one, but it was easy enough to get used to.
Old 11-20-2010, 07:57 PM
My first Avatar....

Received 6,864 Likes on 4,292 Posts
Every time someone on these boards talks about one (Mustang) I want to go drive one....then get it.

Anyone know what the mpg difference is with the 3.73 vs. the standard?
Old 11-20-2010, 10:36 PM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
Originally Posted by pttl
Every time someone on these boards talks about one (Mustang) I want to go drive one....then get it.

Anyone know what the mpg difference is with the 3.73 vs. the standard?
in the pick up truck world its about 1mpg
Old 11-20-2010, 11:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
DId the interior look like this?

Yes...but the one I drove didn't have the NAV

Originally Posted by speedemon90
The Boss 302 is gonna be awesome, especially that you get a key that when you use it, it changes the settings of the car for a track set up. Thought that was a pretty awesome touch up.

edit: when I mean track set up, it changes throttle response, not sure about steering and other engine management things.
I can't wait until this comes out next Spring. I read the track key will be a dealer installed option...wonder how much it'll cost?

Originally Posted by S A CHO
More supportive bolsters is a very common request. It's fairly obvious that they went for comfort rather than support for the seats, and that's perfectly alright with me. Other than a quick on ramp here and there I'll never really need the support they'd provide.
I would track the car but the Boss 302 with the Recaro seats should take care of this.

Originally Posted by pttl
Have you taken one out yet? If not, go test drive it and post up pics of your new ride!
Old 11-21-2010, 10:53 AM
That was uncalled for...

Originally Posted by apnorm
I would track the car but the Boss 302 with the Recaro seats should take care of this.
I saw those Recaros in person... They are fantastic...
Old 11-21-2010, 02:59 PM
Burning Brakes

^^^ How did you get a chance to see them? Did they have the car at an auto show? Were you able to sit in them?
Old 11-21-2010, 03:54 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by CL6
You had to have a calf of Thor to change gears on the old Mustangs. Glad to hear this has changed.
How old? My '88 Mustang LX 302 had a fine clutch feel. No hard or heavy action to speak of. The heaviest, as in hardest to depress, I have ever felt was a '67 427 Corvette and a '66 Plymouth Satellite 426 Hemi. Now those clutches were stiff.

Last edited by SouthernBoy; 11-21-2010 at 03:57 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:10 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
Maybe you're Thor

My friend's 07 GT had a pain of a clutch. Engagement was high in travel, there was zero feel in the clutch, and IMO it was uncomfortably heavy. It didn't help that that was the first time I'd ever driven stick, either

apnorm, you're looking at another car? I thought you just started tracking your TL?
Old 11-21-2010, 04:25 PM
CL6
My only car is a Bus

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My friend had a 99 GT and I swear that was the heaviest clutch I've ever felt. Also, the shifter had a weird bend in it.

My Bus has a super light clutch and the CL I had was pretty light, too. Don't know how my friend drove that GT for so many years...

Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
How old? My '88 Mustang LX 302 had a fine clutch feel. No hard or heavy action to speak of. The heaviest, as in hardest to depress, I have ever felt was a '67 427 Corvette and a '66 Plymouth Satellite 426 Hemi. Now those clutches were stiff.

Last edited by CL6; 11-21-2010 at 04:36 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
I loved the clutches in my 5.0 Foxes. I find them rather light with a nice take-up.

Terry
Old 11-21-2010, 07:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Aman
apnorm, you're looking at another car? I thought you just started tracking your TL?
More dreaming/wishing than anything. This was my first year tracking the TL. My (original) plan was to slowly turn the TL into a track car over the next year or two and then buy a VW GTI as my DD. But then I started looking into the GT after reading some reviews and comparisons. The 302 Boss just added to the confusion.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by teranfon
I loved the clutches in my 5.0 Foxes. I find them rather light with a nice take-up.

Terry
Then you might also remember how you did an adjustment on them.. at least for my '88 Mustang. When you felt that the toe play (or free play if you prefer) needed to be increased, you put your foot behind the pedal and pulled upwards. If you heard a little click sound, the adjustment was needed and was made. Simple, it worked, and just a solid well-built piece of machinery.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:26 PM
Registered Member

Maybe you're Thor

My friend's 07 GT had a pain of a clutch. Engagement was high in travel, there was zero feel in the clutch, and IMO it was uncomfortably heavy. It didn't help that that was the first time I'd ever driven stick, either

No, Hercules. Or was it.... hell, I don't know.

No sir, the clutch on the '88 Mustang with the small block 302 V8 had a clamping pressure of 1869 pounds as best as I can recall. That is not a lot, but it was sufficient for an engine producing slighly over 300 ft/lbs of torque in a car that weighed around 3140 pounds. As expected, the clutch was solid and significantly better and more reliable than what exists in our TL's.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:31 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 196 Likes on 99 Posts
Then you might also remember how you did an adjustment on them.. at least for my '88 Mustang. When you felt that the toe play (or free play if you prefer) needed to be increased, you put your foot behind the pedal and pulled upwards. If you heard a little click sound, the adjustment was needed and was made. Simple, it worked, and just a solid well-built piece of machinery.

Hi Paul

You mean the self-adjusting clutch cable? I heard of people making adjustments, but I never did. I never did a clutch in mine either, even when they were modified.

They were tough cars, and a hell of a lot of performance for the money.

Terry
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,492 Likes on 1,050 Posts
No, Hercules. Or was it.... hell, I don't know.

No sir, the clutch on the '88 Mustang with the small block 302 V8 had a clamping pressure of 1869 pounds as best as I can recall. That is not a lot, but it was sufficient for an engine producing slighly over 300 ft/lbs of torque in a car that weighed around 3140 pounds. As expected, the clutch was solid and significantly better and more reliable than what exists in our TL's.

You wouldn't happen to know the clamping pressure on the TL's 6MT, would you? My impressions from auto show cars was that Honda products on the whole had a much lighter than average clutch/shifter action. That might contribute to why everybody thinks the Mustang's is relatively heavy.
That was uncalled for...

^^^ How did you get a chance to see them? Did they have the car at an auto show? Were you able to sit in them?
I bought a 2011 V6, and as a bonus I worked out a tour at Auto Alliance Internation (Mustang assembly plant) through the dealership with a couple other local Mustang guys.

The chief engineer brought out a Boss and let us rev the hell out of it... Absolutely fantastic...

No pictures of the interior but those seats were fantastic... They looked exactly like the seats out of a 2010 CTS-V...

I hope those were the production ready ones...
Old 11-21-2010, 11:18 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by S A CHO
I bought a 2011 V6, and as a bonus I worked out a tour at Auto Alliance Internation (Mustang assembly plant) through the dealership with a couple other local Mustang guys.

The chief engineer brought out a Boss and let us rev the hell out of it... Absolutely fantastic...

No pictures of the interior but those seats were fantastic... They looked exactly like the seats out of a 2010 CTS-V...

I hope those were the production ready ones...
Looks like I might have to trade in the Genesis for one of these, lol.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:18 PM

The Mustang GT was never on my radar but after reading some articles of it, I wanted to check it out. I finally got the chance to test drive a GT Premium with the Brembo pkg and 3.73 limited slip.

The Mustang looks so bad ass on the outside. Inside is actually nice as long as you're not expecting it to be a luxury car. The thing that surprised me the most was the clutch and shifter. The last time I drove a Mustang must have been about 10 years ago and I remember that clutch being so heavy and the shifter so clunky. Not anymore. The clutch was light and easy and the shifter was short and solid. I have the CT short shifter on my '05 TL and the GT's throws were shorter! The exhaust sound was awesome - it sounded great when you start moving but very reasonable if you're just cruising along.

Unfortunately, traffic was heavy and I really didn't get a chance to play around enough to really comment on the handling. Every time I took an on/off ramp, there was a car in front of me. :thumbsdow

Only thing I would really want is better seats with more support but other than that, it was a really nice car. I think you should try the Genesis coupe, it offers quite a bit for it's price.

Anyone else test drive one (or have one)?

I can't wait until the Boss 302 comes out!
I was going to get a Mustang GT, but I couldn't find the one I wanted nor would I trust myself with that much power.

Last edited by Eoanou; 11-21-2010 at 11:24 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:25 PM

I think you should try the Genesis coupe.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:24 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by teranfon
Hi Paul

You mean the self-adjusting clutch cable? I heard of people making adjustments, but I never did. I never did a clutch in mine either, even when they were modified.

They were tough cars, and a hell of a lot of performance for the money.

Terry
Yes, when you pulled the pedal up with your toes, if an adjustment was needed you would hear a click. I would do this maybe every three months. More often than not, no adjustment was needed.

Yes they were tough and solid as a rock. Dollar for dollar, they were the best bang for the buck you could find. Mine was a hatchback, black with the gray interior. Nothing fancy, no gee-gaw... just a solid machine and performer. I did do some mods and was rewarded with a really fun and pretty quick street machine. I ordered it in October and took delivery on January 19, 1988; thirteen weeks, three days later. I paid $12,700 for it and when I drove it home that Tuesday evening, I had the biggest smile on my face.

I still have a bunch of car magazines about that car. It was a fun period because it constituted the rebirth of more serious factory offerings for the street. Remember the anomaly about the oil pan? It had two drain plugs!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Registered Member

You wouldn't happen to know the clamping pressure on the TL's 6MT, would you? My impressions from auto show cars was that Honda products on the whole had a much lighter than average clutch/shifter action. That might contribute to why everybody thinks the Mustang's is relatively heavy.
No I don't and I wish I did. The Service manual does not state this information (unless it's buried in there somewhere I haven't looked).

The beauty of the clutch in my '88 Mustang is pretty much the same beauty as in any other American manual car I've owned. That is to say, solid, simple, dependable, and they just fat worked.

The day I sold my '88 Mustang, the man who bought it (private sale) was replacing a '79 Corvette with it. I told him my Mustang would blow the doors off of his Vette and when he test drove it, he admitted that, yes it would. What he was really amazed about was the clutch. He asked me how recently I had replaced it. The car was six years old and had 77,000 miles on it and I told him that 77,000 miles was much too early to be replacing a clutch. He was amazed at how tight and solid it felt. He called me up around three months later to tell me how much he was enjoying the car and that he had not wrapped it around a tree (he was around my age). He again asked me when I had replaced the clutch and I again told him the same thing. That car was solid.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Eoanou
I think you should try the Genesis coupe.
i may try it out just to see. I was reading your thread and was going to suggest you look at the VW GTI but you had already bought the Genesis! You don't waste any time, do you?
Old 11-22-2010, 08:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Here's a pretty good article I found online about the Boss...a little long but still a good read.

It’s Like 1969 All Over Again
By Jonathan Lamas, About.com Guide

After much anticipation, Ford has announced they will offer a limited number of street legal Boss 302 Ford Mustangs to the general public. Ford pulled out all the stops with the new 302. This includes improved engine output, improved braking power, and an adjustable suspension. The end result is a street-legal Mustang that was built for the race track.

Highlights
• 444 hp and 380 lb.-ft. of torque
• Unique quad exhaust system
• Optional TracKey Option
• Adjustable shocks and struts
• Removable attenuation discs for More Rumble

"The decision to build a modern Boss was not entered into lightly," said Derrick Kuzak, group vice president, Global Product Development. "The entire team at Ford felt the time was right and with the right ingredients, the world-class 2011 Mustang could support a successful, race-bred, worthy successor to the original Boss 302. For us that meant a production Mustang that could top one of the world's best - the 2010 BMW M3 - in lap times at Laguna Seca. We met our expectations."

Power and Performance
That's right. We're talking about a Mustang that can give the BMW M3 a run for its money. That said, what makes it all that? Well, with a top speed of 155 mph, the car is fast. The modified 5.0L engine is capable of outputting 444 hp and 380 lb.-ft. of torque, while still offering a smooth idle and low-end torque for comfortable around-town driving. All that power reaches the wheels via a 3.73 ratio rear axle using carbon fiber plates in the limited-slip differential to improve torque handling and longevity. Looking for even more? A torque-sensing (Torsen) limited-slip differential is an available option that comes with Recaro front seats. The car's racing clutch features upgraded friction materials which help transmit power. A short-throw, close-ratio six-speed manual transmission tops it off.

"The team at Ford wanted to offer their fellow Mustang enthusiasts something really special - a beautifully balanced factory-built race car that they could drive on the street," explains Dave Pericak, Mustang chief engineer.

In addition to a modified 5.0L V8 engine with respectable power, the 2012 BOSS 302 Mustang will feature an optional TracKey which can utilize a dual action PCM to unleash the full race mode in the Boss Mustang's computer. Ford says this consists of adjusting 200 engine mapping functions resulting in increased low end torque, dual stage launch control, and lumpy idle.
“From an engine management standpoint, we’ve done just about everything possible to give TracKey users a full race car experience,” explains Jeff Seaman, Mustang powertrain engineer. “It’s not for use on the street – for example, the deceleration is set up to preserve the brakes, and the throttle response is very aggressive. A skilled driver on a closed course will really appreciate the benefits.”

As part of the TracKey software package, Ford engineers also devised a two-stage launch control feature similar to that used on the Cobra Jet race car. Using a combination of steering wheel buttons, drivers can set the tach needle to a desired launch rpm. Floor the throttle and the engine will rev to the preset rpm until the clutch is released, helping aid acceleration and vehicle control from a standing start.

In all, the option adds TracMode powertrain control software to the car for track use, providing full race calibration and two-stage launch control in addition to stock calibration. This option does not void the car's warranty, and owners can switch back to the tamer, normal key, when they wish. The TracKey will be available at local Ford dealerships.

Muscle Car Rumble
There's more to this Boss 302 than just a powerful engine. The car sings sweet muscle car sounds via its unique quad exhaust system. Two outlets exit in the rear similar to those found on a standard Mustang GT. Here's where it gets interesting. The other two outlets exit to either side of the exhaust crossover, sending exhaust through a set of metal discs that act as tuning elements before the pipes terminate just ahead of the rear wheel opening.

"With an exhaust system, we have to consider three constraints: legal noise restrictions; backpressure, which can rob power; and ground clearance," explains Shawn Carney, Mustang NVH engineer. "Since the 2011 Mustang GT exhaust is already so free-flowing - it came in way under our backpressure targets - we already had excellent performance; we were able to tune the exhaust system for a unique sound. Combined with the rush of the intake, the exhaust system really envelops the driver in V8 sound."

Okay, let's say you're looking for even more rumble. Ford thought of this and designed removable attenuation discs. "We added the attenuation discs to meet legal regulations, but we knew buyers might operate these cars in situations where noise regulations weren't an issue," Carney said. "The disc is removable and includes a spacer plate sized to match aftermarket exhaust dump valves. If an owner wants to add a set of electric valves, they just undo two bolts on either side; the disc and spacer slide out and the valve will slide right in. And the side pipes are tuned so that drivers can run wide-open and the sound levels are comfortable - very aggressive but livable for an all-day track outing." Rock and roll.

Race Car Handling
It’s got rumble, and it’s fast. So how does it handle? Well, Ford says the already strong Mustang GT suspension system has been further refined. For starters, the Boss 302 is lowered by 11 millimeters at the front and 1 millimeter at the rear versus the Mustang GT. The car also features adjustable shocks and struts as standard equipment. “We’ve given drivers five settings for their shocks,” says Brent Clark, supervisor of the Mustang vehicle dynamics team. “One is the softest, two is the factory setting and five is the firmest, and we’ve provided a wide range of adjustment. A customer can drive to the track on setting two, crank it up to five for improved response on the track, then dial down to one for a more relaxed ride home. What’s unique is that drivers will find – thanks to the way the suspension works as a complete system – the softest setting isn’t too loose and the firmest setting isn’t too controlled; each step just provides additional levels of control.”

In classic fashion, the Mustang team opted for traditional race-style hands-on adjustability – similar to the Gabriel shocks available on the original Boss 302. “The shock adjustment is right at the top of the shock tower, built into the rod and easily accessible from under the hood or inside the trunk,” says Clark. “You just take a small flat-head screwdriver, turn the adjustment screw between one and five, and head back out onto the track.”

Another improvement is the modifications Ford made to the car’s speed-sensitive electronic steering system. Even better, drivers can select their level of steering control via comfort, normal, and sport modes. The Boss Mustang also comes with a unique traction control system (TCS) and electronic stability control (ESC) settings.

Smoke and Burning Rubber
No doubt, it’s smoking fast, but how do you stop the thing? Fortunately the folks at Ford thought this through for us. The Boss Mustang features Brembo four-piston front calipers acting on 14-inch vented rotors up front. In the back, you’ll find the standard Mustang GT brakes are upgraded with a Boss-specific high-performance pad compound. Combined with vented brake shields and unique Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS) tuning, Ford says Boss drivers get maximum control and rapid, repeatable fade-free stops in road and race situations alike.

“This car is wicked fast, so we put a lot of emphasis on giving it comparable stopping power,” says Clark. “We started with a race-proven brake system and tuned it specifically for the characteristics of the Boss 302 and its mission. They’re the best brakes ever installed on a Mustang, and they give consistent, repeatable braking performance on the street and the track.”
Ford reports 60-0 stopping distances for the Boss are improved by approximately three feet versus the Mustang GT with available brake package. “We achieved measurable improvements over GT, which was already one of the best-braking cars we’ve ever designed,” explains Clark, “but what’s harder to quantify is how good these brakes feel to a driver in a race situation. Like everything on this car, the brakes are more than the sum of their parts: They’re tuned from pad to pedal to work perfectly as a system, and the difference is dramatic.”

Power reaches the road thanks to a set of Pirelli PZero summer tires that are sized specifically for each end of the vehicle, with the front wheels receiving 255/40ZR-19 tires while the rear stays planted thanks to 285/35ZR-19 rubber. Those tires ride on lightweight 19-inch black alloy racing wheels in staggered widths: 9 inches in front, 9.5 inches in the rear. Ford says, “The combined suspension and tire package allows Boss to achieve a top speed of 155 mph and become the first non-SVT Mustang ever to achieve more than 1.0 g of lateral acceleration.”

Classic Looks for Modern Times
There’s nothing like a classic. That said, Ford did all they could to incorporate the classic feel of the original Boss 302 into this car. Each car will have either a black or white roof panel, coordinated to the color of the side C-stripe. Available exterior colors are Competition Orange, Performance White, Kona Blue Metallic, Yellow Blaze Tri-Coat Metallic and Race Red. “We approached this as curators of a legend,” explains chief designer Darrell Behmer. “We’ve taken design cues from the ’69 Boss street car and the menacing Bud Moore/Parnelli Jones race cars and carefully updated them to give the 2012 the proper bad-boy attitude that is unmistakably a Boss Mustang.”
The car also features a unique fascia and grille highlighted by blocked-off fog lamp openings and an aggressive lower splitter. Ford says, “The front splitter is designed to function at high speeds by efficiently managing the air under and around the car. It helps to reduce underbody drag and front end lift while more effectively forcing air through the Boss-specific cooling system. At the rear of the car, the spoiler was chosen to complement the front aero treatment and minimize overall drag.”

“What we were after on Boss was reduced overall lift with improved balance,” says Pericak. “We needed to keep the car glued to the street or the track at high speeds without increasing drag or affecting top speed and fuel usage. The end result is an aero package that uses front, rear and underbody treatments not for show, but for effect – the balance and stability of this car all the way to its 155-mph top speed is just outstanding.”

Take a Look Inside
Ford cut no corners when designing the new Boss 302 Mustang. On the inside you’ll find a dark metallic instrument panel finish, unique gauge cluster, and custom door panel trim. My favorite feature is the black pool-cue shifter ball, as well as the “Powered by Ford” door sill plates. Oh, what about road noise? Well, some of us actually like to hear that engine rumble beneath our seats. That said, Ford removed eleven pounds of sound-deadening material to let occupants further enjoy the intake, engine, and exhaust note. You’ll also find a custom Boss steering wheel covered completely in Alcantara suede. An optional upgrade includes Recaro buckets, designed by Ford SVT in cooperation with Recaro for high performance Mustang models, and shared between the Boss and GT500.

Another option is the Boss 302 Laguna Seca model, named for the track where Parnelli Jones won the 1970 Trans-Am season opener in a Boss 302. Ford says this model will be aimed at racers more interested in on-track performance than creature comforts. The 302 Laguna Seca has increased body stiffness, a firmer chassis set-up, and an aerodynamics package carried over almost in its entirety from the Ford Racing Boss 302R.

Ford will also give all Boss owners a complimentary "Track Attack" day at Miller Motorsports Park. Owners need only to show up. Miller Motorsports Park will offer up a variety of Mustang GTs and BOSS Mustangs for your driving pleasure. The Boss Track Attack program, offered through Team Mustang and Ford Racing, will feature a full Boss immersion, driving instruction and plenty of track time with engineers and racers. The experience is designed to give Boss owners a comprehensive, hands-on look at exactly what their cars are capable of – and just how much fun they can be. “Boss is a hallowed word around here, and we couldn’t put that name on a new Mustang until we were sure everything was in place to make this car a worthy successor,” explains Pericak “We were either going to do it right or not do it at all – no one on the team was going to let Boss become a sticker and wheel package.

Pricing has yet to be announced, although reports say the base Boss will be sold for $40,995, including destination and delivery. The track-oriented Laguna Seca Package is said to start at $47,990. There is also no word on the exact number of models to be made available. One thing's for certain. They're sure to go fast!

And from another source online...

Prices for the 2012 Ford Mustang Boss 302 have been leaked and according to The Mustang Source, the base Boss 302 will start at $40,995 while the limited edition Boss 302 Laguna Seca will start at $47,990. Options include Recaro Seats for $1,995 and a Torsen differential for $475, Boss Accessory Pack for $475, $495 for Yellow Blaze TriCoat paint and $35 for an Engine block heater.