Mazda RX8

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 05:06 PM
likes it raw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So several people here have driven both cars multiple times but you say they're "talking out of their ass," while you test drove the Z (poorly at that) and you're suddenly a fountain of knowledge?

I hope this is some research project you're doing for work, because I can't imagine anyone would claim to be so smart yet fail to grasp such simple concepts
Old 04-19-2006, 05:10 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
my head hurts
Old 04-19-2006, 05:15 PM
Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 04-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bkknight369
what the hell are you talking about? he OWNED the car for a while, fully experienced it, and gave his opinions. No arm-chair reasoning
Dude, you obviously have no idea about the RX8. His comments about mileage and oil are inaccurate. So inaccurate that I can infer certain things. For example, he's obviously restating early "bandwagon" notions that were spread all over the world about the RX8. Some of his statements about oil and mileage are off the top of his head to be "best" of his memory (i.e., bandwagon "facts"). I can deduce that he did not document everything. Hell, he owned the damn car for 650 miles!

My post responding to his states CLEARLY everything you need to know to come to the same conclusion. PLEASE READ THAT POST.

Look, why can't you people READ posts before responding like low iq monkeys? Pathetic. (I'm not really referring to bkknight here.)
Old 04-19-2006, 05:20 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Originally Posted by Cog Neuro Sci
Dude, you obviously have no idea about the RX8. His comments about mileage and oil are inaccurate. So inaccurate that I can infer certain things. For example, he's obviously restating early "bandwagon" notions that were spread all over the world about the RX8. Some of his statements about oil and mileage are off the top of his head to be "best" of his memory (i.e., bandwagon "facts"). I can deduce that he did not document everything. Hell, he owned the damn car for 650 miles!

My post responding to his states CLEARLY everything you need to know to come to the same conclusion. PLEASE READ THAT POST.

Look, why can't you people READ posts before responding like low iq monkeys? Pathetic. (I'm not really referring to bkknight here.)
Yea...that's it! we are all idiots and wrong and you are brilliant and correct.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Suzuka Master

So inaccurate that I can infer certain things. For example, he's obviously restating early "bandwagon" notions that were spread all over the world about the RX8.

Worldwide? No shit.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by juniorbean
I'm probably more successful then you in my 20's then you are at 38. Just b/c I'm not a pompous ass about it like some people doesn't mean it's not the case.

Wow, glad I was able to see that reply. He made such good points too... all backed up with facts!! My guess is that he has never been on the RX8 forum where everything I observed during my ownership is what many members on there also saw. Search for MPG on that site and sit back and enjoy reading any one of the 13 or so pages of topics found as matches.

It's a shame I have to log off to do some things b/c I am very much looking forward to everyone's replies . I wonder if he'll even make it through the night.
I have been a member of that forum shortly after it was started.

Your statements go around the issue and reveal the truth of things. You stated that you got certain mileage in certain driving conditions and you stated that you had to add oil around once every 3 gas fill-ups. However, in 650 miles, you would have only had the chance to add oil ONCE and fill up with gas a MAX of 3-4 times. You would not have had the chance to actually document mpg with enough samples across the different driving conditions.

So let me ask you, did you or didn't you document mileage EVERY SINGLE time you fill up with gas? Do you remember FOR A FACT that you added oil after 3 fill-ups? In another thread, I noticed you mentioned 3 to 5 fill-ups. Or are you just going with rumors and other "common comments"?

The owner's manual DOES NOT say to check oil every gas fill-up. You guess that if you had driven super hard, you "probably" would have gotten 13 mpg. Did you actually get that mileage and document it for a fact?

Case closed. You don't know very much about the RX8.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by 1killercls
Isn't that usually the case for us with new people on here?

They come on here, point out that we're morons, we redicule and ban them, and continue on in our ignorant way.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by JimmyCarter
So several people here have driven both cars multiple times but you say they're "talking out of their ass," while you test drove the Z (poorly at that) and you're suddenly a fountain of knowledge?

I hope this is some research project you're doing for work, because I can't imagine anyone would claim to be so smart yet fail to grasp such simple concepts

Who knew people could be experts from a 10min test drive.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,329 Likes on 1,309 Posts
And you don't know anything other than argumentative bullying. He made a point, you disagree, deal with it and move on.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Senior Moderator

This guy makes it sound like adding a quart of oil every 1k miles is OK while getting 17-18mpg in a car thats not very fast.

So how are sales of the RX8?
Old 04-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Suzuka Master

Fight! Fight!

OK. Maybe not. Can we just throw the hammer at this guy already?
Old 04-19-2006, 05:33 PM
likes it raw

I have been a member of that forum shortly after it was started.

Your statements go around the issue and reveal the truth of things. You stated that you got certain mileage in certain driving conditions and you stated that you had to add oil around once every 3 gas fill-ups. However, in 650 miles, you would have only had the chance to add oil ONCE and fill up with gas a MAX of 3-4 times. You would not have had the chance to actually document mpg with enough samples across the different driving conditions.

So let me ask you, did you or didn't you document mileage EVERY SINGLE time you fill up with gas? Do you remember FOR A FACT that you added oil after 3 fill-ups? In another thread, I noticed you mentioned 3 to 5 fill-ups. Or are you just going with rumors and other "common comments"?

The owner's manual DOES NOT say to check oil every gas fill-up. You guess that if you had driven super hard, you "probably" would have gotten 13 mpg. Did you actually get that mileage and document it for a fact?

Your arrogance and ignorance is palpable.
Did you document the skipping EVERY SINGLE time you took a corner in the Z???
Did you measure nose dive and g forces over every turn??? Do you remember FOR A FACT that it skips when cornering at over 20 mph or are you just going with rumors and other "common comments"?

You're making the same assertions based on limited exposure that others are. Dumbass.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:34 PM
GEEZER

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (12 members and 4 guests)
1killercls, Crazy Sellout, Ken1997TL, West6MT, kurt_bradley, Cog Neuro Sci, nicholbr, JimmyCarter, IlliNorge, tuleman, juniorbean, elessar

Like vultures
Old 04-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 16 (12 members and 4 guests)
1killercls, Crazy Sellout, Ken1997TL, West6MT, kurt_bradley, Cog Neuro Sci, nicholbr, JimmyCarter, IlliNorge, tuleman, juniorbean, elessar

Like vultures
15 vultures in need of a Sarlacc
Old 04-19-2006, 05:36 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by Ken1997TL

Where is he this evening? This guys is pissing off every mod in sight.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:37 PM
GEEZER

Old 04-19-2006, 05:40 PM
Banned

Again, you are trying to incite. Review this entire thread. Nothing I say is very controversial. That guy's statements about the RX8 regarding mileage and oil are way off. He did not make those statements based on HIS OWN ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. I have documented mileage for EVERY SINGLE TANK OF GAS since the day I bought the car for the last 3 years. My comments and responses about the RX8 are not controversial in the least. Does anyone in here want to assert that he has more knowledge than I do about the RX8?

The only statement I made about the 350z that has been made to be controversial is the "skip." I've said enough on that and will not go further. Why would anyone call BS on that when, if anything, people here who like me or not must have at least noticed that I have an affinity for detail....unless you didn't read all my posts....AHHH.

Part of the thing that people are jumping on me is because they've gone to the other thread on engines and noticed I was bashing mrdeeno. Well, if you enter things midway through you would probably conclude that I was the instigator, which is not true. It all started EARLIER in another thread (review my first few posts since I joined AZ) in which mrdeeno was acting like a totall ASSHOLE. You can see he was playing psych games even with other people BEFORE I entered that thread. I complained to the moderator and he closed the thread. mrdeeno started shit with me and he has a reputation for being a TOTAL DICK.

There was no need for certain people like sarlacc to erroneously take things from the engine thread back to here. My participation in this thread should not have caused any controversy.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Senior Moderator

Does anyone in here want to assert that he has more knowledge than I do about the RX8?
Does it really matter? You remind me of a kid who just lost a Geography bee in middle school.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:47 PM
likes it raw

Again, you are trying to incite. Review this entire thread. Nothing I say is very controversial. That guy's statements about the RX8 regarding mileage and oil are way off. He did not make those statements based on HIS OWN ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. I have documented mileage for EVERY SINGLE TANK OF GAS since the day I bought the car for the last 3 years. My comments and responses about the RX8 are not controversial in the least. Does anyone in here want to assert that he has more knowledge than I do about the RX8?

The only statement I made about the 350z that has been made to be controversial is the "skip." I've said enough on that and will not go further. Why would anyone call BS on that when, if anything, people here who like me or not must have at least noticed that I have an affinity for detail....unless you didn't read all my posts....AHHH.

Part of the thing that people are jumping on me is because they've gone to the other thread on engines and noticed I was bashing mrdeeno. Well, if you enter things midway through you would probably conclude that I was the instigator, which is not true. It all started EARLIER in another thread (review my first few posts since I joined AZ) in which mrdeeno was acting like a totall ASSHOLE. You can see he was playing psych games even with other people BEFORE I entered that thread. I complained to the moderator and he closed the thread. mrdeeno started shit with me and he has a reputation for being a TOTAL DICK.

There was no need for certain people like sarlacc to erroneously take things from the engine thread back to here. My participation in this thread should not have caused any controversy.
You've got the biggest persecution complex I've ever seen
Nissan is playing games with you with their leather quality
MrDeeno was playing psych games with you
Killer is trying to incite you

I think you're way too paranoid for the line of work you claim to be in
Old 04-19-2006, 05:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by juniorbean
I'm probably more successful then you in my 20's then you are at 38. Just b/c I'm not a pompous ass about it like some people doesn't mean it's not the case.

Wow, glad I was able to see that reply. He made such good points too... all backed up with facts!! My guess is that he has never been on the RX8 forum where everything I observed during my ownership is what many members on there also saw. Search for MPG on that site and sit back and enjoy reading any one of the 13 or so pages of topics found as matches.

It's a shame I have to log off to do some things b/c I am very much looking forward to everyone's replies . I wonder if he'll even make it through the night.
You apparently don't know about my participation in MANY of those mileage threads.

You're probably more successful in your 20's than me now? Would you like to make a bet?

Look, I don't want to have a problem with you. You made some statements on the RX8 without actual personal experience. God, you had the car for 650 miles! Let me say it again: 650 miles. You misspoke on oil and mileage, right? Can you at least concede that? It's not the biggest deal in the world. You went with "common knowledge" instead of actual personal experience. Just say it, it's not a big deal.

And get these dumb mofo's off my fucking back at least regarding the RX8. Then I'll handle them regarding the 350z.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Senior Moderator

You're probably more successful in your 20's than me now? Would you like to make a bet?
Yeah.. well.. my Daddy can beat up your Dad. So there!

Idiot
Old 04-19-2006, 05:50 PM
likes it raw

You apparently don't know about my participation in MANY of those mileage threads.

Look, I don't want to have a problem with you. You made some statements on the RX8 without actual personal experience. God, you had the car for 650 miles! Let me say it again: 650 miles. You misspoke on oil and mileage, right? Can you at least concede that? It's not the biggest deal in the world. You went with "common knowledge" instead of actual personal experience. Just say it, it's not a big deal.

And get these dumb mofo's off my fucking back at least regarding the RX8. Then I'll handle them regarding the 350z.
You're not gonna be here long enough to "handle" us

You're a sad, sad little man
Old 04-19-2006, 05:51 PM
Banned

Does it really matter? You remind me of a kid who just lost a Geography bee in middle school.
As you know, it matters because people are even attacking for my comments on the RX8. It's absolutely hilarious.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:52 PM
likes it raw

As you know, it matters because people are even attacking for my comments on the RX8. It's absolutely hilarious.
Sorry, most of us are attacking you because you're a douchebag
Old 04-19-2006, 05:54 PM
My Work is Done Here

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Nothing I say is very controversial. That guy's statements about the RX8 regarding mileage and oil are way off.
link? or is this just based on your own experience?

He did not make those statements based on HIS OWN ACTUAL EXPERIENCE.
let's see.... who to believe? you, since you were obvioulsy there to see that he never had that experience with the RX8? or him, since he couldn't help but be there for his own experience? hmmmm, tough one.

I have documented mileage for EVERY SINGLE TANK OF GAS since the day I bought the car for the last 3 years. My comments and responses about the RX8 are not controversial in the least.
So his comments based on his experience are controversial and questionable, but your comments based on your experience are not? makes sense.

people here who like me
where?

did your parents care who started it? we don't either.

your belief in your own omnipotence is staggering. who are you to say how we should or should not react?
Old 04-19-2006, 05:57 PM
Banned

Actually a bunch of people from elsewhere have already checked the 3 threads out. There is much consensus. Some car forums are higher level, some not so good. Remember, dumb is dumb but dumb doesn't know it.

Some people are cool here, like dom and gavrill, both of whom are moderators. I wonder if dom or gavrill will take a cause and go against these other clown moderators. Just kidding.
Old 04-19-2006, 05:58 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,827 Likes on 2,573 Posts
Sadly, my internet is having problems, and I never when I'm going to lose the signal to the cable modem...fucking Charter cant come til late tomorrow.

And I have function to attend later tonight.

But I am here for the moment
Old 04-19-2006, 05:59 PM
Senior Moderator

Some people are cool here, like dom and gavrill, both of whom are moderators. I wonder if dom or gavrill will take a cause and go against these other clown moderators. Just kidding.
You assume they'd go against another moderator just because you've made a fool of yourself?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
Sadly, my internet is having problems, and I never when I'm going to lose the signal to the cable modem...fucking Charter cant come til late tomorrow.

And I have function to attend later tonight.

But I am here for the moment
Old 04-19-2006, 06:00 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JimmyCarter
Sorry, most of us are attacking you because you're a douchebag

This guy's a bigger asshat than me in half my posts in Ramblings.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ccannizz11
link? or is this just based on your own experience?

let's see.... who to believe? you, since you were obvioulsy there to see that he never had that experience with the RX8? or him, since he couldn't help but be there for his own experience? hmmmm, tough one.

So his comments based on his experience are controversial and questionable, but your comments based on your experience are not? makes sense.

where?

did your parents care who started it? we don't either.

your belief in your own omnipotence is staggering. who are you to say how we should or should not react?
The whole point is that in 650 miles of ownership, he would not have had the chance to even document. He is actually going with "common knowledge" that has been spread. He has not stated that everything he said is his ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. Because they are not actual experience, not in 650 miles. Got it?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:01 PM
likes it raw

Actually a bunch of people from elsewhere have already checked the 3 threads out. There is much consensus. Some car forums are higher level, some not so good. Remember, dumb is dumb but dumb doesn't know it.
I would love to hear from these people, get them in here.

Good luck with that
Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM
Senior Moderator

The whole point is that in 650 miles of ownership, he would not have had the chance to even document. He is actually going with "common knowledge" that has been spread. He has not stated that everything he said is his ACTUAL EXPERIENCE. Because they are not actual experience, not in 650 miles. Got it?
Yes we get it. His experiences echo those of other RX-8 owners who have driven the car of tens of thousands of miles.

He shared his viewpoint, you didnt like it. We know that. Your 15 minutes of fame is over.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:02 PM
The Third Ball

Regarding the skip, the article doesn't talk about a skip but talks about how the Z's handling limits sneak up on you. I have to agree completely. The skip has NOTHING to do with ABS. Yes, it has something to do with braking and turning, but that does not mean I don't know how to drive. Let's get off the testosterone, guys. Everyone is a street racer and autocross "expert." Give me a break. The skip is almost imperceptible. Yes, you can avoid it by just letting the car go through the corner and the rear end slide while powering out. Wouldn't it be ridiculous to drive like that on you daily commute?

My point is that going around the corner at speed (not even that fast, around 20 mph) does not inspire confidence in the Z. At the same and greater speed, the RX8 just glides around the same corner. However, the RX8 does have body roll, which is the ONLY issue about its handling. Mazda tuned the suspension like that on purpose because it's supposed to be a grand tourer or GT. The body roll is dialed out easily with thicker sway bars or coilovers, as many owners have done.
If you think braking and turning at the same time are OK...then you DON'T know how to drive properly. Seeing as the car can only really do one thing or the other. The skipping is you going into a corner too fast, slamming the brakes and trying to turn the wheel at the last minute causing oversteer and ABS.

The skipping is now imperceptible...nice way to try and back track. You have no ground to stand on.

And don't even start to talk about modding the RX....because you can just as easily mod a Z to increase handling gains.

Admit you are loser...We already know it, so it's not you'd be surprising us with anything new.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Banned

You assume they'd go against another moderator just because you've made a fool of yourself?
Ken, I don't know if this is kosher or not, since you're a mod, but you do understand that you are a SHITHEAD, don't you? Can anyone say "group think"?
Old 04-19-2006, 06:06 PM
The Third Ball

Ken, I don't know if this is kosher or not, since you're a mod, but I want to admit to you that I am a SHITHEAD. Can anyone say my ego got the best of me?
thats pretty kosher.
Senior Moderator

You made some statements on the RX8 without actual personal experience. God, you had the car for 650 miles!.

Are you stomping your feet and crying while saying this?
Senior Moderator

Ken, I don't know if this is kosher or not, since you're a mod, but you do understand that you are a SHITHEAD, don't you? Can anyone say "group think"?
Its not group think, its called consensus. Consensus that you are an idiot. The mods around here disagree on many things and its actually rare when we DO agree on something. Your actions and behavior have done just that.
Old 04-19-2006, 06:07 PM
likes it raw

In this case, group think seems to be more effective than "I've ostriched my head in my own ass so I don't have to hear what everyone is saying to me"

Quick Reply: Mazda RX8