Mazda RX8

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 09:05 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by NBP_TSXY
junior that car is sooo sexy! I really wanted an RX-8 too but couldnt do it with the gas and oil.. just too much money and maintenance. But they really are so hot IMO but I also was disappointed with power...
Yeah, it was a looker. It turned heads all the time... and it was pretty much stock except for the window tint. Like I said above.. oil wasn't that bad. I ended up adding a quart after 3 tanks of gas. Not bad considering I had read people were putting in that much every fill up.!! Gas mileage was bad though... and prices were high this summer... so it was a short lived ownership experience... but I enjoyed it while I had it.
Old 12-05-2005, 09:32 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ junior- what color was the interior? please say blue and black leather! that would be hot

I was going to get red exterior with the red/black two toned leather seats. red and black is
Old 12-05-2005, 10:23 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by NBP_TSXY
^^ junior- what color was the interior? please say blue and black leather! that would be hot

I was going to get red exterior with the red/black two toned leather seats. red and black is
hahaha. Unfortunately no.. just black. The only two tone color they made was the red/black. One guy on the RX8 forum had the blue/black.. but that was custom and aftermarket. You'd think Mazda would have done that for all of the loaded 6-speeds... but no... only the red/black for some reason.

If you want to see more pics... check this out... http://www.juniorbean.net/Personal/Cars/Cars.htm
Old 12-05-2005, 10:26 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Tell him to test drive a GTO. 6.0 liter LS2 motor, 400hp, 400tq, independent rear, interior to die for, and can be had for about 27g's if he haggles. Also his 350 used will be worth more to a pontiac dealership than his new GTO, so thery would be willing to come down on the price.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
...with the 8, looks and handling is NOT the problem; it's easily one of the best looking cars on the streets today. However, the 8 is not unlike the RSX-S and TSX: all are sweet rides with loads of great attributes but lacking some prowess under the hood compared to its contemporaries.

Sounds like you made out pretty well Juniorbean.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:35 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by F23A4
...with the 8, looks and handling is NOT the problem; it's easily one of the best looking cars on the streets today. However, the 8 is not unlike the RSX-S and TSX: all are sweet rides with loads of great attributes but lacking some prowess under the hood compared to its contemporaries.

Sounds like you made out pretty well Juniorbean.
Yeah, not too bad. Can't complain when you keep a car for about 5 months and pretty much break even. Like I said, I loved the car... it was a blast to drive. But with the gas mileage I was getting, I'd expect a lot more in the power department.
Old 12-05-2005, 10:44 PM
Because Of You

I told him to get a Boxter. Reasonable affordable and it is pretty fast and the brand is a much much better than the Nissan brand.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:16 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by bz268
I told him to get a Boxter. Reasonable affordable and it is pretty fast and the brand is a much much better than the Nissan brand.
Really? They're nice, but they're expensive to maintain, expensive to insure, not all that reliable... and, unless you get the Boxster S which is kind of costly... they're not that fast.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:54 PM
Racer

get a cobra.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Drifting

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
yeah, we couldnt stand the Z either. it was extremely a pain, every LITTLE thing required us to go back to the dealer (and nissan dealers are total garbage, especially towards 20 year olds with Z's). everytime i go there i tell them about the problems and they say its only minor and wont fix it for me, even when i only had 3000 miles on it and had it for about 2 months. such a pain because the problem was the passenger window doesnt close all the way so it would make whistling noises while cruising at above 40mph. then whenever you open and close the windows, it would leave these nasty grease streak marks.. the brakes were total garbage, the front would get SOOO dusty that the front rims will NEVER stay clean. the rear ones would squeal so loud, it could even be heard over 3000 taxis and 200 buses in NYC.

it was a HUGE load off my back when we got rid of it for the '06 accord. definitly much more practical, felt light, very reliable, and doesnt get annoying attention with the 16+ year old rice boys..

but if i were you and sticking with something sporty around the price range, the STi is the way to go. definitly got the power comparable with the Z, but much more comfortable, reliable, practical, and not bad on the gas..
Old 12-13-2005, 08:44 AM
Advanced

The RX8 fall flat on it's face compair to the last gen RX7, or the 350Z the power on car is none excistance IMO, since it's has a rotary motor it works of high revs so 9k RPM might seem a lot but it's still slow.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:15 AM
'Big Daddy Diggler'

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 04teinTL
The RX8 fall flat on it's face compair to the last gen RX7, or the 350Z the power on car is none excistance IMO, since it's has a rotary motor it works of high revs so 9k RPM might seem a lot but it's still slow.
Have you driven an RX-8. They have no torque but are far from not having power. After 6000 rpms, Just lke the S2K, the rotary comes to life and hustles for such small displacement and horspower.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by EmuMessenger
The STi is a great car. Awesome brakes, too. Seems the Sub dealers are a little more friendly.
around my way all you had to do to test drive the STi was sign up on a sheet with a list of people waiting to test drive it. i got to drive it when i was 17 with my friend ALONE
Old 12-13-2005, 09:37 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,662 Likes on 927 Posts
Originally Posted by bigman
Have you driven an RX-8. They have no torque but are far from not having power. After 6000 rpms, Just lke the S2K, the rotary comes to life and hustles for such small displacement and horspower.
While power levels fall well short of the Z's VQ, the 8 has power to perform well. It's just a matter of how adept the driver is at extracting top performance from it.

I'll even go so far as to say that the RX8 seems to build RPMs faster and smoother than the S2K's F20C (which has a Jekyll/Hyde Low/High cam characteristic that is typical of B, H and F series VTEC motors). Now if the S2k had a K-series type motor generating power levels in area of the current F20C, it'd probably be a different story. (After driving the RSX-S, I'm convinced that the K20A2 is the best engineered 4 cyl on the planet. )
Old 12-13-2005, 09:41 AM
A clean ride is in

Originally Posted by o2cls
Ok, heres my story. First off, I dont like either the evo or the sti. Both ugly and look to be cheaply built. Big wings and turbochargers, notfor me!! I personally wouldnt buy a car whos only thing going for it is performance (NO luxury, NO good looks outside, etc.) 350z's look VERY, VERY good on the outside and you can get them with lots of luxury. You can get a MUCH better quality car that starts off at $32,ooo. Dont anyone get offended, these are just my opinions.

I totally agree, the car has to perform and look good
Old 04-15-2006, 06:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by juniorbean
Yeah, it was a looker. It turned heads all the time... and it was pretty much stock except for the window tint. Like I said above.. oil wasn't that bad. I ended up adding a quart after 3 tanks of gas. Not bad considering I had read people were putting in that much every fill up.!! Gas mileage was bad though... and prices were high this summer... so it was a short lived ownership experience... but I enjoyed it while I had it.
This is what I call propagating myth, and people really need to stop doing stuff like this. It's clear to me that you're just saying stuff off the top of your head.

In your other post, you said Mazda says to check the oil every fill-up, which is incorrect. The manual says to check the oil every other fill-up. However, owners quickly learn how often they actually need to check based on their own driving styles. Owners who drive hard typically have to add a quart every 1000 miles. Owners who drive mostly freeway cruising typically can stretch things out to 1 quart every 3000 miles. Please identify even one single RX8 owner who reported adding 1 quart every single fill-up. That's an absolutely ridiculous notion. Remember, oil consumption by a rotary is completely normal; it's a normal part of a rotary's functioning and does not indicate a problem or negative. Oil is a non-issue.

I wonder if you had even truly documented your mileage. People who drive extremely hard will get 15 to 17 mpg. People who drive moderately hard and mostly city will average 17 to 18 mpg. People who cruise on the hwy mostly will get 21 to 23 mpg. Some people with early cars had unusually poor mileage and that is most probably something wrong with their engine. Unusually poor mileage (i.e., mileage lower than what I have indicated) is almost unheard of with cars after MY 2004. Even if you were getting only 17 mpg with mostly hwy driving, you would not have filled 1 quart of oil every 3 fill-ups. I don't buy it at all. ONLY if you drive the shit out of the car, would you average around 180 to 220 miles per tank and therefore add 1 quart every 5 fill-ups. You stated you owned the car for only 650 total miles, which is probably a maximum of 3 fill-ups for you before you sold the car, which means you couldn't have added oil more than ONCE! In addition, you only had about 3 tanks to calculate mpg. How were you able to calculate mpg accurately with more than 1 sample for each of the driving styles you mention in your earlier post! You most probably didn't calculate mpg even ONCE for each of the driving styles. Come on.

Last edited by Cog Neuro Sci; 04-15-2006 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 06:35 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Cog Neuro Sci
This is what I call propagating myth, and people really need to stop doing stuff like this. It's clear to me that you're just saying stuff off the top of your head.

In your other post, you said Mazda says to check the oil every fill-up, which is incorrect. The manual says to check the oil every other fill-up. However, owners quickly learn how often they actually need to check based on their own driving styles. Owners who drive hard typically have to add a quart every 1000 miles. Owners who drive mostly freeway cruising typically can stretch things out to 1 quart every 3000 miles. Please identify even one single RX8 owner who reported adding 1 quart every single fill-up. That's an absolutely ridiculous notion. Remember, oil consumption by a rotary is completely normal; it's a normal part of a rotary's functioning and does not indicate a problem or negative. Oil is a non-issue.

I wonder if you had even truly documented your mileage. People who drive extremely hard will get 15 to 17 mpg. People who drive moderately hard and mostly city will average 17 to 18 mpg. People who cruise on the hwy mostly will get 21 to 23 mpg. Some people with early cars had unusually poor mileage and that is most probably something wrong with their engine. Unusually poor mileage (i.e., mileage lower than what I have indicated) is almost unheard of with cars after MY 2004. Even if you were getting only 17 mpg with mostly hwy driving, you would not have filled 1 quart of oil every 3 fill-ups. I don't buy it at all. ONLY if you drive the shit out of the car, would you average around 180 to 220 miles per tank and therefore add 1 quart every 5 fill-ups. You stated you owned the car for only 650 total miles, which is probably a maximum of 3 fill-ups for you before you sold the car, which means you couldn't have added oil more than ONCE! In addition, you only had about 3 tanks to calculate mpg. How were you able to calculate mpg accurately with more than 1 sample for each of the driving styles you mention in your earlier post! You most probably didn't calculate mpg even ONCE for each of the driving styles. Come on.
Your right Mr. Juniorbean always posts inaccurate information solely to "stir the pot"
Old 04-15-2006, 06:42 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by cusdaddy
I have a 350Z and I would never consider the RX-8 in a second. It has no power for a sports car, handles nice but not much better if at all than the Z and if you want room for 4, get a G35c or a Evo/STI if those types of cars float your boat.
You either didn't test drive all the cars or you didn't drive them all HARD. The 350z is 200 to 250 lbs heavier than the RX8 and is NOSE heavy. Front midship and close to 50:50 weight balance doesn't matter. I'm saying that the 350z is nose AND tail heavy in almost equal amounts. Empirical evidence is if you drive the 350z HARD around a corner, the front tires will literally do a little skip, which isn't easily anticipated and therefore dangerous. The car has real good grip up to its limit; the problem is that going over the limit comes suddenly and without much warning.

The RX8 is much lighter and better balanced in its handling and takes the idea of "front midship" to the most extreme (its engine is pushed 2" lower and 5" farther back than in the 3rd gen RX7). Incredibly neutral and no surprises at the limit. You can literally glide around a street corner at 30 mph. Have any of you tried to do that with a 350z? If you did, then you have experienced the front end skip (it actually happens well below 30 mph) and you may have even lost control of the car after over-correcting.

The G35 coupe is 350 to 400 lbs heavier than the RX8. Its steering has great amounts of power assist (unlike the 350z) and this creates the illusion that it's super light on its feet...that is until you try to go around a corner at speed. YIKES! Talk about an unpredictable and dangerous surprised.

All three cars have lateral acceleration numbers that are about the same. But fanbois must be told that handling is the sum of many more factors than just skid pad numbers. The conclusion is simple: the RX8 is a MUCH better handling car than both the 350z and G35 coupe. Thank you for your time.

Last edited by Cog Neuro Sci; 04-15-2006 at 06:47 AM.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:26 PM
CSI
Instructor

G35C is a good choice if he's looking for some better brand and better interior. the power is same.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:44 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
^^Yeah, that's a little "boxy"
Old 04-15-2006, 03:45 PM
I love cars!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Scroll to the bottom of the page. This is the thread your friend needs:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126077
Old 04-15-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CSI
G35C is a good choice if he's looking for some better brand and better interior. the power is same.
Except for the fact the interior is just as bad, only in a different way. In fact, I am more repulsed by the way the G35 coupe interior LOOKS than the 350z's. Plastics might be upgraded a bit in the G35 but the interior is really offensive. The details in the G35 are really crappy, including the clumsy front overhead light design (including the cheap clicking mechanism) and the cheap "fluff" headliner material that is like the material in a Civic and Corolla. Compare that to the beautifully flowing overhead light design in the RX8 and the high quality nylon mesh headliner fabric. Click open all the plastic door mechanisms in the G35 and you'll see they are clumsy and cheap. The seat leather appears to be a higher quality than the RX8's but anyone who knows leather furniture knows it just has a coating that makes it seem high quality. The seats and the coating fall apart from constant contact, which does not happen with the RX8 leather. And it's this manipulation that really bothers me about Nissan. They've given the consumer products that are goodlooking on the outside but full of shortcuts and even shockingly poor taste (e.g., the interiors and that fucked up ubiquitous steering wheel). And this is Carlos Ghosn's genius: he is the first european to not simply laugh at Americans' senseless sense of aesthetics but rather to completely exploit it without abandon. "Give the idiots what they want and the dummies will come," is what he is saying, and you know what? He's right. Even Mazda is copying some of Nissan's chintziest interior design cues in their new SUV's (e.g., steering wheel and vertical center stack)!
Old 04-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Suzuka Master

You either didn't test drive all the cars or you didn't drive them all HARD. The 350z is 200 to 250 lbs heavier than the RX8 and is NOSE heavy. Front midship and close to 50:50 weight balance doesn't matter. I'm saying that the 350z is nose AND tail heavy in almost equal amounts. Empirical evidence is if you drive the 350z HARD around a corner, the front tires will literally do a little skip, which isn't easily anticipated and therefore dangerous. The car has real good grip up to its limit; the problem is that going over the limit comes suddenly and without much warning.

The RX8 is much lighter and better balanced in its handling and takes the idea of "front midship" to the most extreme (its engine is pushed 2" lower and 5" farther back than in the 3rd gen RX7). Incredibly neutral and no surprises at the limit. You can literally glide around a street corner at 30 mph. Have any of you tried to do that with a 350z? If you did, then you have experienced the front end skip (it actually happens well below 30 mph) and you may have even lost control of the car after over-correcting.

The G35 coupe is 350 to 400 lbs heavier than the RX8. Its steering has great amounts of power assist (unlike the 350z) and this creates the illusion that it's super light on its feet...that is until you try to go around a corner at speed. YIKES! Talk about an unpredictable and dangerous surprised.

All three cars have lateral acceleration numbers that are about the same. But fanbois must be told that handling is the sum of many more factors than just skid pad numbers. The conclusion is simple: the RX8 is a MUCH better handling car than both the 350z and G35 coupe. Thank you for your time.
Wow.. A whole long post and you are WAY off.

I have driven both cars and I have driven both of my 350Z's quite hard. I'm an avid Solo II AutoX'er, so I know how the Z performs at the limit.

The Z NEVER exhibits any of the so called "skip" you describe at hard cornering. What the hell is "empirical evidence"? I have driven my 2003 and my new 2006 Z at the limit and this has never occurred once. Yes, it will understeer if overcooked, but this will happen with any car. This statement is complete crap and it is not dangerous as you describe. I'd love to see you find an example of where a 350Z crashed due to front-end skipping (which BTW is non-existant).

In addition, what the heck do you mean that the Z is nose and back end heavy? The Z is a front-midship, which means the engine is tucked behind the front wheels. In addition, the gas tank is tucked right behind the passenger seat which brings much of the rear weight towards the center of gravity. Close to 50-50 weight dist. figures don't lie.

Of course the RX8 is lighter and most likely a little more balanced, but your statements about the Z are unfounded and incorrect.

My original statement was that the RX8 handles slightly better, which it does, but it doesn't show in any evidence other than so-called driving experience which is completely debatable. My issues with the RX8 were not the handling, but the engine which most here agree as well.
Old 04-15-2006, 11:44 PM
Banned

I have driven both cars and I have driven both of my 350Z's quite hard. I'm an avid Solo II AutoX'er, so I know how the Z performs at the limit.

The Z NEVER exhibits any of the so called "skip" you describe at hard cornering. What the hell is "empirical evidence"? I have driven my 2003 and my new 2006 Z at the limit and this has never occurred once. Yes, it will understeer if overcooked, but this will happen with any car. This statement is complete crap and it is not dangerous as you describe. I'd love to see you find an example of where a 350Z crashed due to front-end skipping (which BTW is non-existant).

In addition, what the heck do you mean that the Z is nose and back end heavy? The Z is a front-midship, which means the engine is tucked behind the front wheels. In addition, the gas tank is tucked right behind the passenger seat which brings much of the rear weight towards the center of gravity. Close to 50-50 weight dist. figures don't lie.

Of course the RX8 is lighter and most likely a little more balanced, but your statements about the Z are unfounded and incorrect.

My original statement was that the RX8 handles slightly better, which it does, but it doesn't show in any evidence other than so-called driving experience which is completely debatable. My issues with the RX8 were not the handling, but the engine which most here agree as well.
I am 100% correct, which also means you are wrong, if not also overzealous.

In autocross, you don't have turns like a fricking street corner. Comprende? I know exactly what I'm talking about, because I've driven all 3 hard and heard similar things from others. Actually I heard similar things from others AFTER I initially reported on these things on my own. That's what empirical evidence means: firsthand observation. FYI, the link that fast-tl provides in post #61 has a magazine article that says almost exactly what I said. When I wrote my post, I hadn't read that article, I assure you. My description is almost identical, which even surprised me. How's that for corroborating "empirical evidence"!

Here's what I mean by front and nose heavy but in equal amounts. Like skid pad numbers, people tend to take weight balance ratios on their own, which can be misleading. If you advertise that your car has near 50:50 balance, you know consumers will assume that the car is a great handler when that's not necessarily true. The 350z is front heavy, no doubt about it. It achieves near 50:50 because obviously it has almost equal mass in the rear. That mass is not really in the dead center; it's separated and creates a pendulum effect. It is absolutely front heavy because going hard around a fricking street corner, you can feel the front end plow downward until the damn front end does a tiny skip. It's really unnerving but you can get used to it. Otherwise, it will catch you by surprise and you may even turn the rear around trying to over-correct. A few anecdotes exist in another forum where a 350z or G35 coupe owner follows an RX8 around a street corner or sweeping fwy onramp thinking he can match the speed only to nearly wipe out after over-correcting. That WILL happen with the 2 Nissans. Aside from that, the SKIP HAPPENS. That's a fact.

Please don't waste my time by attacking what I say with invalid points. What I say is accurate.
Old 04-16-2006, 03:42 AM
'08 MX5 GT 6spd.

Received 1,192 Likes on 485 Posts
just because you think you know everything and happen to have very strong opinions doesnt mean you have to be an asshole.
Old 04-16-2006, 04:17 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,843 Likes on 2,583 Posts
I am 100% correct, which also means you are wrong, if not also overzealous. What I say is accurate.
Wow, the idiot is strong in this one.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:08 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
Wow, the idiot is strong in this one.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:14 AM
Changin bulbs since '73

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
I love people who come here, act like assholes, and expect to have some credibility.
welcome to the board!!
Old 04-16-2006, 10:31 AM
The Third Ball

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4&page=7&pp=25

Jeez, read the other shit this pompous windbag spouts out of his blowhole. He really thinks he is some kind of brainiac.

I'm going to have to side with mr deeno, and say any attacks towards this used douche are well warranted.
Old 04-16-2006, 10:41 AM
101 years of heartache...

My friend has an RX-8, black on a very nice deep camel/black. The interior is ahead of its class, and the engine is pretty peppy considering the displacement. But that's all it is, pretty peppy, not fast by any means. The tranny is very smooth shifting, and is loads of fun to row through. To be honest, it seems as if its the same exact tranny in the s2000 (although I've never driven an s2000, only sat and shifted away in one). It does handle very very well, has loads of features, and the engine sounds like a concert when you hit 7,000 (with 2,000 left to go!)

A good car, but I feel the s2000 or 350Z is the better way to go.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:16 AM
Suzuka Master

I am 100% correct, which also means you are wrong, if not also overzealous.

In autocross, you don't have turns like a fricking street corner. Comprende? I know exactly what I'm talking about, because I've driven all 3 hard and heard similar things from others. Actually I heard similar things from others AFTER I initially reported on these things on my own. That's what empirical evidence means: firsthand observation. FYI, the link that fast-tl provides in post #61 has a magazine article that says almost exactly what I said. When I wrote my post, I hadn't read that article, I assure you. My description is almost identical, which even surprised me. How's that for corroborating "empirical evidence"!

Here's what I mean by front and nose heavy but in equal amounts. Like skid pad numbers, people tend to take weight balance ratios on their own, which can be misleading. If you advertise that your car has near 50:50 balance, you know consumers will assume that the car is a great handler when that's not necessarily true. The 350z is front heavy, no doubt about it. It achieves near 50:50 because obviously it has almost equal mass in the rear. That mass is not really in the dead center; it's separated and creates a pendulum effect. It is absolutely front heavy because going hard around a fricking street corner, you can feel the front end plow downward until the damn front end does a tiny skip. It's really unnerving but you can get used to it. Otherwise, it will catch you by surprise and you may even turn the rear around trying to over-correct. A few anecdotes exist in another forum where a 350z or G35 coupe owner follows an RX8 around a street corner or sweeping fwy onramp thinking he can match the speed only to nearly wipe out after over-correcting. That WILL happen with the 2 Nissans. Aside from that, the SKIP HAPPENS. That's a fact.

Please don't waste my time by attacking what I say with invalid points. What I say is accurate.
Congratulations on being one of the biggest idiots on this forum. As the others have stated, you come off as a pompous windbag spouting pure crap.

Your so-called "empirical evidence" is that you supposedly drove the car hard and experienced this phenemenon that strangely, I who have owned 2 350Z's have never experienced. In addition, I frequent the Z message boards, and I have never once read anything about this issue. Understeer, Yes. Tire skipping? No.

I guess you choose to ignore my statements that the Z does NOT include it's weight at the far extremes of the body (i.e. engine pulled behind the front wheels & gas tank pulled towards the center of the car), but whatever, go on believing the RX8 is a superior car.

Enjoy your car and your perceived sense of superiority.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:29 AM
Suzuka Master

One last statement. I have been a member of this forum for years and I almost never go around making personal attacks, or even get into arguments, but your attitude and blatant lies made me stand up and take note.

I am far from any car manufacturer fanboy as you like to call others. I own a Nissan and a Honda, but would buy any car from any manufacturer if it met the criteria I was looking for.

I just can't stand idly by when you make these ridiculious statements like to so-called "tire skipping" issue that I have never seen before. Much like the other thread cited, you go forward and make controversial statements then fail to back them up by any evidence other than a so-called "I experienced it" and then you go ahead and brag how correct and factual anything you state is.

I'm done trying to argue with you. I think the rest on this forum can see right through you and take whatever you have to say with a grain of salt. In addition, if you continue to post in such a manner, I can guarantee your days on this forum will be numbered.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Banned

Here's where your approach was a little off, wouldn't you agree? My second post was harsher BECAUSE of your comment above.

I haven't initiated any attitude, not in any thread. I'll encourage people who enter a discussion at the 11th hour to try to backtrack to the 1st hour when the shit talking started. Then you might discover who did what FIRST. I call this the "chain rule," and sometimes people don't seem to think about it and other times it's not that practical. I promise you, mrdeeno is a total penis.
Old 04-16-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned

One last statement. I have been a member of this forum for years and I almost never go around making personal attacks, or even get into arguments, but your attitude and blatant lies made me stand up and take note.

I am far from any car manufacturer fanboy as you like to call others. I own a Nissan and a Honda, but would buy any car from any manufacturer if it met the criteria I was looking for.

I just can't stand idly by when you make these ridiculious statements like to so-called "tire skipping" issue that I have never seen before. Much like the other thread cited, you go forward and make controversial statements then fail to back them up by any evidence other than a so-called "I experienced it" and then you go ahead and brag how correct and factual anything you state is.

I'm done trying to argue with you. I think the rest on this forum can see right through you and take whatever you have to say with a grain of salt. In addition, if you continue to post in such a manner, I can guarantee your days on this forum will be numbered.
Look here, for the last time, the front end skip HAPPENS. It will happen all day long, if you go around a corner hard. That is a fact. Why the hell are you so rigid in denying this? Do you have a vested interest? Just get in your 350z and try to reproduce it.

What exactly can the rest of the forum see through? What is my motive other than to correct erroneous statements? Is my motive to propagate LIES and INACCURACIES?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Sarlacc
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...4&page=7&pp=25

Jeez, read the other shit this pompous windbag spouts out of his blowhole. He really thinks he is some kind of brainiac.

I'm going to have to side with mr deeno, and say any attacks towards this used douche are well warranted.
You got the culprit reversed. You need to go back to the 1st hour, dude. Can you do that for us before spouting off?
Old 04-16-2006, 11:50 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by gocubsgo55
My friend has an RX-8, black on a very nice deep camel/black. The interior is ahead of its class, and the engine is pretty peppy considering the displacement. But that's all it is, pretty peppy, not fast by any means. The tranny is very smooth shifting, and is loads of fun to row through. To be honest, it seems as if its the same exact tranny in the s2000 (although I've never driven an s2000, only sat and shifted away in one). It does handle very very well, has loads of features, and the engine sounds like a concert when you hit 7,000 (with 2,000 left to go!)

A good car, but I feel the s2000 or 350Z is the better way to go.
I might agree with you on the S2000. But to me the 350z is unacceptably heavy and drives heavy. Beautiful exterior, but the interior is crappy, has a flaw in the front suspension (a class action lawsuit is in the works), and the VQ's redline is ridiculous for a sports car (6700 rpm or 7000 rpm depending on which version of the VQ you have).

I've read in another forum that the manufacturer is the same for both transmissions. I think it's Aisin????
Old 04-16-2006, 11:51 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
You got the culprit reversed. You need to go back to the 1st hour, dude. Can you do that for us before spouting off?
You are new here. I would suggest you step back, take a deep breath and count to ten before posting again.

You may disagree with what cusdaddy says..but that is no reason to be an asshole. cusdaddy has been here a long time, he knows what he is talking about when it comes to cars..it's POLITICS where he is screwed up
Old 04-16-2006, 12:27 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

I might agree with you on the S2000. But to me the 350z is unacceptably heavy and drives heavy. Beautiful exterior, but the interior is crappy, has a flaw in the front suspension (a class action lawsuit is in the works), and the VQ's redline is ridiculous for a sports car (6700 rpm or 7000 rpm depending on which version of the VQ you have).

I've read in another forum that the manufacturer is the same for both transmissions. I think it's Aisin????
I find it very funny complaining about the redline of the torquey VQ motor's coming from a RX8 driver. Its clear you like your car, and pride of ownership is strong with you. But not many here are going to agree with you, most of us have driven the torqueless RX8, and do NOT like it. Different strokes(pun intendid) for different folks, but don't bash the VQ based on its redline, that's a horrible defense; look at the R8 TDI

So either your right and EVERYONE else who has driven/owned a RX8 and is posting here is wrong - come on
Old 04-19-2006, 03:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tireguy
I find it very funny complaining about the redline of the torquey VQ motor's coming from a RX8 driver. Its clear you like your car, and pride of ownership is strong with you. But not many here are going to agree with you, most of us have driven the torqueless RX8, and do NOT like it. Different strokes(pun intendid) for different folks, but don't bash the VQ based on its redline, that's a horrible defense; look at the R8 TDI

So either your right and EVERYONE else who has driven/owned a RX8 and is posting here is wrong - come on
I haven't shown pride of ownership in the least. I've been very objective in how I've made my descriptions. I have made no comments of any kind about the low torque of the RX8. My comments have been limited to objective descriptions of mileage, oil, and handling. I haven't said very much about the handling of the RX8 except that it is very nimble. I have also made a very simple, factual observation (independently of the RX8) about the 350z's unmistakable front end "skip" going hard around a street corner. I was seriously considering buying a 350z and I test drove the car several times. There's no doubt whatever about the skip. That's a fact, which can easily be reproduced by anyone here. There is no debate on that issue. Independently of that, nothing I've said about the RX8 is controversial.

Are you into straightline acceleration? If so, then it explains your position. I bought my car because I'm not into straightline speed. If you've lived with American muscle, then it might also explain why you don't think a redline of 6700 and 7000 rpm, respectively, is a cause for concern in a sports car. In my opinion, that might be ok for an AT grand tourer (technically an RX8 is a GT, not a sports car) but it is not ok for a sports car. The R8 TDI is a diesel, so come on, it's ridiculous to bring that up as a point of comparison.

If you're going to cite me, you really have to do it accurately or you will inadvertently create trouble for me.
Old 04-19-2006, 03:40 AM
The Third Ball

Lord...I guess you didn't clue in about taking a flying fuck off a bridge during your temp ban.

This "front wheel skip" sounds like a load of bogus shite. Sounds to me like you don't know how to drive a car for shit.

Quick Reply: Mazda RX8