Luxury discussion on the C.L. forum...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Luxury discussion on the C.L. forum...

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/car-...ely-wrong.html

He is really annoying and people on CL lick his butt crack. I have been in this car business for 15 years and someone needs to tell this guy that he doesn't know his cars period!
Old 10-19-2009, 06:06 PM
eat, sleep, NGC

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Does it really bother you that bad that you had to make a thread and vent about this guy from CL?
Old 10-19-2009, 06:15 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
1SICKLEXUS started that thread so, say no more.

MODERATOR'S NOTE: I'll let this thread go for a little bit before closing it. But, let's not get too caught up in his douchebaggery as it will only cheapen Azine.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:27 PM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
theres a reason the douche has been banned/hated on by every most forums
Old 10-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Im gonna bet most of us here in Car Talk will agree in what hes saying.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Crazy Acura
I don't agree with some of the broad generalized statements he's made and clearly some of his facts are off, but the point of Acura missing the boat I would be compelled to agree with, based on what I see.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by nova_G
Does it really bother you that bad that you had to make a thread and vent about this guy from CL?
yes not because it bothers me but more so because he annoints himself as the know it all about every make and model when all he knows is lexus vehicles because he is brand loyal. It bothers me when someone trashes anything that they have very little knowledge about and then force feeds it to others over and over again. He has a history with hating Acuras but for no good reason.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:39 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
Originally Posted by F23A4
MODERATOR'S NOTE: I'll let this thread go for a little bit before closing it. But, let's not get too caught up in his douchebaggery as it will only cheapen Azine.
Just to reiterate this.... as far as I'm concerned this topic is OK to be open if you would like to discuss the points he's making... however, once anyone starts bashing CL or the OP of that thread, this will be locked immediately and anyone who does so below this post will get a few days off.

Last edited by juniorbean; 10-19-2009 at 06:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:40 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,760 Likes on 1,046 Posts
I'd have to take that bet as I agree with most of what he says
Old 10-19-2009, 06:48 PM
Chapter Leader
(Northeast Florida)

Received 1,652 Likes on 1,117 Posts
I agree with most points he says.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by chaiwala
yes not because it bothers me but more so because he annoints himself as the know it all about every make and model when all he knows is lexus vehicles because he is brand loyal. It bothers me when someone trashes anything that they have very little knowledge about and then force feeds it to others over and over again. He has a history with hating Acuras but for no good reason.

Ya know, that thread had a really nice discussion going till you jumped in with..

Being in the car business for 15 years the OP's post affirms one thing and that is he knows **** about cars, at least Acuras for sure.
You arent going to win anyone over with a post like that. If you think the OP is wrong, then state your opinions on why you think hes doesnt know ****.

Prove your point in a mature manner like most of them are.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:43 PM
Racer

Ya know, that thread had a really nice discussion going till you jumped in with..

You arent going to win anyone over with a post like that. If you think the OP is wrong, then state your opinions on why you think hes doesnt know ****.

Prove your point in a mature manner like most of them are.
I will just say this, he is making his points on looking at the car but NEVER driving them. There is more to a car than just how it is visually. BMW didn't get this far just by its kidney grill and its logo. They are considered a drivers car for a reason. Just to start a thread by looking at two vehicles on the road is silly but to take it further an declare to the world that one brand got it right and the other didnt is simply ridiculous. I have a 4th generation TL and I have always liked its styling. The driving dynamics completed the process and sold me to the TL.

I find that review ridiculous because he passes his judgement because he happened to drive by both. Don't judge a book by the cover comes to mind here. Its ridiculous to start a blog based on looks let alone come to conclusions by this reasoning.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:44 PM
Banned

Received 124 Likes on 104 Posts
Originally Posted by gatrhumpy
I agree with most points he says.
x2.

Unfortunately, it was going ok for Acura up to 2006, and then they just went downhill....

At the same time, BMW is leading the sales chart with both 3/5 series.... it should have been Acura's role to be a volume maker, not BMW. Then the new TL sales are a disaster.

Sad.
Old 10-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
I thought everybody already knew how bad Acura sucks now??
Old 10-19-2009, 08:04 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
sad, but more or less true.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:04 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
How so other than aesthetically?

1)They have 5 star crash test rating through out their line-up
2)The new Acura's have beautiful interiors
3)Honda reliability is bullet proof
4)They give you the best bang for your buck
5)Their lack of optional packages make buying such an easy process.

I have had my 2009 TL SH-awd for a couple of months and I have had more compliments on this TL than any other cars I have owned. My last car was an '06 Audi A6 for the people who may say I probably never owned anything nice enough to be worthy of a compliment.

The one thing I love about the 4G TL forum is the lack of posts in the "problems/solutions" section. It's a testament of how well this car is built. I don't see any "I found/have this rattle or that rattle" threads at all. FWIW.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 PM
Senior Moderator

The one thing I love about the 4G TL forum is the lack of posts in the "problems/solutions" section. It's a testament of how well this car is built. I don't see any "I found/have this rattle or that rattle" threads at all. FWIW.

You must be ignoring them.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...hlight=rattles
Old 10-19-2009, 10:57 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Old 10-19-2009, 11:04 PM
Racer

LOL, that was from November 2008, I don't think I have heard of anybody else having sunroof rattle other than that guy who started the thread.

The only problem that have been verified by multiple members is blown speakers, rotor rust and clicking steering wheel when turned left. Since I have been a member about 2 months, I have not come across a single thread concerning rattles.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM
Evil Mazda Driver

Received 174 Likes on 89 Posts
He's like the Water-S of Club Lexus.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:14 PM
Racer

I just glanced thru all the topics on the first page, other than that one thread that you pointed out(started on 11/08), there is NOT ONE other thread on that page about rattles. If that doesn't give you an idea of the build quality of the TL, nothing will.

https://acurazine.com/forums/4g-tl-problems-fixes-297/
Old 10-20-2009, 12:18 AM
Disinformation Terminator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
God Almighty, who has the time to read all that blathering on?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:08 AM
7th Gear

I just glanced thru all the topics on the first page, other than that one thread that you pointed out(started on 11/08), there is NOT ONE other thread on that page about rattles. If that doesn't give you an idea of the build quality of the TL, nothing will.

https://acurazine.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=297
You can't be so naive. "Honda's are NOT bulletproof." Well, at least the Honda's that are built in the states.

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-problems-fixes-114/rant-my-2007-tl-623579/

I agree with what the guy on CL is saying. He's provided a well constructed and heavily opinionated remark. Don't see what the big deal is?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:18 AM
fap fap fap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

1) big whoop. most new cars today will protect you just as well
2) also a lot of gray painted plastic
3) i had an 02 accord. ecu crapped out at 45k. TL/CL/MDX/Accord/Oddy owners have had tranny failures.
4) true
5) you're forced to pay for things you dont want
6) they use cheap/weak brakes
Old 10-20-2009, 01:23 AM
7th Gear

This brings a thought to mind: When was the last time you overheard a high school kid throwing a tantrum because they couldn't buy the latest 'Acura'? Or the new college grad that landed a six figure income and wanted to drive up the polish lane with 'Acura" in their arsenal?

When was the last time you were driving and said to yourself, 'I'm going to own that new Acura one day?'
Long gone from my nostalgia era:
- Integras of all years
- Legend coupes/sedans
- NSX
Old 10-20-2009, 01:35 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Who cares?

This is like complaining about Rush Limbaugh.... when a guy like that opens his mouth the best thing to do is ignore it because the only thing that's going to come out is verbal diarrhea. Pretty un-PC of me, but imagine starting a serious argument with a (literally) mentally retarded person. How smart does that make you look?
Old 10-20-2009, 01:58 AM
この道は毛むくじゃらのマンコだらけ..

Received 219 Likes on 118 Posts
So, yesterday night I was at Cerritos Acura, and a sales guy came up to me when I was looking at a black TLS... We chit chatted a bit, and then he asked me up front, how do I like the new TL (there was a row of them behind the used TL's)... I just honestly told him I wasn't too fond of it's styling. He told me that he didn't like the look either, and that 9/10 customers don't like it either. Of course, they aren't selling like hotcakes either, it seems like they're just piling up at the dealership lots.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:37 AM
Lt. Gamble

Received 94 Likes on 62 Posts

I have had my 2009 TL SH-awd for a couple of months and I have had more compliments on this TL than any other cars I have owned. My last car was an '06 Audi A6 for the people who may say I probably never owned anything nice enough to be worthy of a compliment.

Aesthetics in a car is very important factor when purchasing a new vehicle,well for me it is. I kind of relate to choosing a woman, sure the ugly ones may be nice and have good "inner" attributes that any man would love. However, most guys won't give her the chance to express those traits due to her huge overbite and cankles. I feel the 4G fits in that category. Sorry dude 2g and 3G FTW, especially 3G.

Also, who gives a shit what this guy says, if you love your car that is all that matters.

Last edited by madcaps; 10-20-2009 at 02:40 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 03:24 AM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by madcaps
Aesthetics in a car is very important factor when purchasing a new vehicle,well for me it is. I kind of relate to choosing a woman, sure the ugly ones may be nice and have good "inner" attributes that any man would love. However, most guys won't give her the chance to express those traits due to her huge overbite and cankles. I feel the 4G fits in that category. Sorry dude 2g and 3G FTW, especially 3G.

Also, who gives a shit what this guy says, if you love your car that is all that matters.
@ the analogy with the overbite and cankles

Lets just say the internals of the 4G TL, including the interior, engine, SH-AWD, 6MT, performance, reliability, safety, service, price, etc. EVERYTHING including the Acura badge was remade...... but with the exterior of the Pontiac Aztek.

Now, would anyone be toting about how awesome the car is aside from its owners? I would be willing to bet not even all of the above could save it from being an epic sales failure.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:39 AM
Someday, an RS6 Avant+

Received 1,022 Likes on 543 Posts
Funny, if you take the TSX, and give the beak a body color treatment, it's a very acceptable car. Hell, even good looking (to a point)?

And has Acura lost it's direction? Absolutely. I love everything the TL offers, except the body. That needs some work. The RL also could use some work as well.

Before someone jumps on me, the TL is not sold in Japan. That stopped in 2003 with the end of the 2G TL. And I was looking at a 2004 Legend before I bought my curent car, but over here they still fetch $25K....
Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 AM
Banned

Received 960 Likes on 593 Posts

You're looking at how many years of threads on 2/3G ownership, and how many of 4G?

Ugly car is like ugly girl. You don't particularly want to take either out to dinner.

As far as that guy goes, tl;dr. Anyone who has that much shit to say doesn't have anything to say at all.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:23 AM
eat, sleep, NGC

Like others said, in the end looks is important. Figure why people choose other cars over SRT-4's even though they are fast and are one of the best bang for your buck (eco performance car).

1)Acura isn't the only brand
2)Subjective, although I agree
3)IMO, no car manufacturer's reliability is bullet proof
4)I'm going to argue that the G37(x/s) Sedan is a better bang for your buck (mainly due to straight line performance, otherwise IMO very equal), although I might be biased.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
I'm surprised this wasn't brought up yet:

https://acurazine.com/forums/car-talk-5/stuck-accelerator-kills-4-santee-%2Arecall-page-2%2A-742554/

As that should put a stop to this topic on both forums.... 'cause, I'd rather have an ugly but safe 4G TL than a pretty but homicidal ES350.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:52 AM
eat, sleep, NGC

'cause, I'd rather have an ugly but safe 4G TL than a pretty but homicidal ES350.
but true
Old 10-20-2009, 08:40 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
While the tone he used to make his points wasn't great, he still made some valid points regarding design direction for both BMW and Acura.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:49 AM
Punk Rocker

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts
LOL, that was from November 2008, I don't think I have heard of anybody else having sunroof rattle other than that guy who started the thread.

The only problem that have been verified by multiple members is blown speakers, rotor rust and clicking steering wheel when turned left. Since I have been a member about 2 months, I have not come across a single thread concerning rattles.
Well I guess you told us.

Acura: We have no rattles!!

Let me just rush out to get one..

Last edited by majin ssj eric; 10-20-2009 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:56 AM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
meh, you need to consider the source.
Old 10-20-2009, 08:58 AM
Racer

I'm surprised this wasn't brought up yet:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=742554

As that should put a stop to this topic on both forums.... 'cause, I'd rather have an ugly but safe 4G TL than a pretty but homicidal ES350.
LOL, my dad has a homicidal 2007 ES350 and he is trading it in this weekend for a 2009 LS460.

As to everyone else calling the 4G TL ugly, especially when every single review I have seen mentions this too, you guys have a valid point. Its just funny that I have gotten more compliments on this vehicle than any other ones I have owned. Heck, I had a construction guy working in my building that liked it so much that he went out and bought one for his wife. Now this has never happened to me. When I use the drive-thru for fast food and coffee, they all mention how beautiful the car is.

As for the fit and finish issues between 3G and 4G TL, I remember coming to Acura forums in 2004 when the 3G TL came out and there were so many complaints, from the headliner falling to all the rattles from the rear deck to the shifter and sunroof. This is not the case with the 4G TL.

Last edited by chaiwala; 10-20-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:10 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
As to everyone else calling the 4G TL ugly, especially when every single review I have seen mentions this too, you guys have a valid point. Its just funny that I have gotten more compliments on this vehicle than any other ones I have owned. Heck, I had a construction guy working in my building that liked it so much that he went out and bought one for his wife. Now this has never happened to me. When I use the drive-thru for fast food and coffee, they all mention how beautiful the car is.
But I've never seen or heard of anyone telling a stranger they had an ugly car, either...it's human nature; we always tell others that what they have is nice and that we like it.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are people out there who truly think the 4G looks great, but I'd be willing to bet they are few and far between.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:18 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

As for the fit and finish issues between 3G and 4G TL, I remember coming to Acura forums in 2004 when the 3G TL came out and there were so many complaints, from the headliner falling to all the rattles from the rear deck to the shifter and sunroof. This is not the case with the 4G TL.
I am my own judge of what looks good, I don't let other dictate to me what is good or bad through praise, if I did I would be listening to Miley Cyrus. That's great you are getting compliments on the car, but compliments are not enough to dislodge the ugly stick that is stuck to the current TL.

As much as you think that 1SICKLEX or whatever his name is, is a douche, you are not doing much better of a job defending your position.

Look at Acura vs Infiniti in 2001 compared to today. Who's moved forward and who hasn't? Bottom line is Acura is not building the cars people want, and this will catch up with them shortly. I've personally noticed a decrease in the bulletproof honda's.

2004 TSX - overall a good car, but developed some unacceptable problems with in 40k miles.

2007 G35x - not an ounce of trouble through 18k miles.

2008 S2000 - minus foolishly high ownership/operating expenses for what it offers, a great car.

2009 Si - not off to a great start with less then 5k miles on it.

Honda is NOT the manufacturer they once were, I would not hesitate to try a Subaru or Mazda or get back into a Nissan and feel I had as good a shot of a problem free car as Honda, hell I would even lump Hyundai into that category now!

Quick Reply: Luxury discussion on the C.L. forum...